Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges (2086 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Lectures Jonathan's Minister Over Alleged $30billion ECA Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by fkaz(m): 9:40am On Nov 15, 2013
Jigawa state Governor, Alhaji Sule Lamido, has alleged that a minister in President Goodluck Jonathan’s cabinet received a $ 250 million bribe from an oil company recently.
The governor, who did not name the minister, alleged that in spite of the fact that he called the attention of the President to the fraud, Jonathan refused to investigate the matter.
The governor made the disclosure in an interview aired on the Hausa service of Abuja based Vision (92.1) FM radio yesterday. He said: “Do you know that recently a top minister received a $ 250 million (about 42.25 billion) bribe for himself… he (the minister) is in the cabinet; he is in this current regime; he knows and I know, and I told the President”.
Reacting to a question on whether some of the seven aggrieved governors (G7) on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) would retreat if the going gets tough, Lamido said that all efforts to put him to shame had already been applied.
“I’m pass the fear of investigation since even my son was arrested on charges of stealing N5 million… everything that can be done for me to be scared has already been done”, he declared.
With regards to the current crisis rocking the PDP and the G7 governors, Lamido said the governors were not in any conflict with the Nigerian government, rather their concern was the future of their party, the PDP.
“We are not in conflict with the Nigerian government; this Government is ours as well”, he declared.
Reacting to insinuations that the G7 governors were not willing to embrace peace in the PDP, Lamido said “not fixing things is injurious to both Jonathan and Bamanga, and also ourselves because other political parties are looking closely at what is happening, and are praying for our party to crumble for them to profit. Therefore, we should know whether the crisis will move us forward or lead to our downfall”.
Talking about the real grouse the G7 has against the party, Lamido disclosed that at present, the issue is not even about President Jonathan not running in 2015, but that Rivers state Governor Rotimi
Amaechi be reinstated; PDP National Chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur be sacked and a new National Working Committee (NWC) be elected. He dismissed the view that the G7 governors were disrespecting the President, saying that “the party is not his (Jonathan’s)”.
Lamido accused those criticising the G7 governors, such as Tukur, Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Ahmed Ali Gulak, and other ministers, of simply taking advantage of the situation and ignorant of the true struggles of the PDP from its beginning.
The G7 governors including Lamido, Kano state governor, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, Sokoto’s Aliyu Wamakko, Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu of Niger, Rivers’ Rotimi Amaechi, Kwara’s Abdulfattah Ahmed and Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa state, have been at loggerheads with the leadership of the PDP over their discontentment with the way Tukur is running the affairs of the party.
Lamido’s son, Aminu, was late last year arrested at the Malam Aminu Kano International Airport, and has charged with allegations of money laundering by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Aminu was arrested on December 11, 2012 at the Kano airport on his way to Egypt for alleged failure to declare the $ 50,000 in his possession. He allegedly declared only $ 10,000 to the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS).

http://nigeriannewspapers.disnaija.com/peoples-daily-newspaper/jonathans-minister-took-250m-bribe-gov-lamido-alleges/
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 15, 2013
It's a male. Who can this person be? Is the person from the North?
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by fkaz(m): 9:59am On Nov 15, 2013
Mohamed Bello(Attorney general and minister for justice) come to mind.

And the looting continue ......

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by owolabifunke14(f): 10:15am On Nov 15, 2013
Lamido call the name ,show us his or her picture,if you can't,I'm sorry it didn't happen. Next topic please

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by bealuv(f): 10:39am On Nov 15, 2013
hi Mr Governor, now if you cant boldly come out and say exactly who this 'minister' is and tell Nigerians how you got to know about this whole bribery thing, i'll suggest you keep your news and allegations to yourself and stop taking us for a ride yeah?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 15, 2013
Name names or you're a freaking liar. $250million bribe?! How much were the bribers trying to invest or looking forward to profiting; $10Zillion?

Abeg, start naming names or you better apologize for spreading falsities.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by rusep: 10:57am On Nov 15, 2013
I am happy that this is happening to Sule Lamido. Is the same Sule Lamido that spearheaded the forcing of PDP down the throat of Northerners to be able to get 25% of Vote for Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by obyrich(m): 11:31am On Nov 15, 2013
The Governor should consult sahara reporters
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by mekaboy(m): 11:41am On Nov 15, 2013
currupt governor, they are all there for selfish interest. so if they r not having issue with jonathan they turn a blind eye to curruption. is the president efcc? wht noy report to efcc and make it public and let Nigerians know.?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by automaticcars: 11:59am On Nov 15, 2013
Great the EFCC is prosecuting Lamidos's sons. The same EFCC turned blind eyes to Stella Oduah's stealing.

Selective justice on percieved enemies of Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by sopoundz(m): 12:35pm On Nov 15, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by maimalari: 4:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pls lamido, call the name with evidence. The masses will back u up.
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by LoveDecay(m): 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
kingoflag: Name names or you're a freaking liar. $250million bribe?! How much were the bribers trying to invest or looking forward to profiting; $10Zillion?

This is why you are "something like a genius" .

If you know what your doing , you can recoup that money thrice in 2 - 3 years. cool
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by Wsdm: 7:54pm On Nov 15, 2013
bealuv: hi Mr Governor, now if you cant boldly come out and say exactly who this 'minister' is and tell Nigerians how you got to know about this whole bribery thing, i'll suggest you keep your news and allegations to yourself and stop taking us for a ride yeah?
It is Jonathan that is taking Nigerians for a ride. What happened to the clear catch of the minister of aviation?
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by snika: 8:00pm On Nov 15, 2013
This people can lie o.

And suddenly APC are saying these people are their 'independent observers'? Indepent observers with fake INEC IDs, voters' cards, ballot boxes, Ngige posters, Ak. 47 rifles, grenades. Wow, now I know what independent observers stand for. Hehe cheesy

Mama Ebuka, oya go fetch me my mma agha ASAP, I'm going to the voting center as an independent observer angry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by slimfit1(m): 8:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
Somebody give this guy a gun and tell him to stick it in is as.
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
all corrupt individuals must be probed and persecuted including your son....don't cry me a river,cry me a lagoon.
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 15, 2013
Is that why you and your sons allegedly, pocketed 10 billion of Jigawa funds?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by talktimi(m): 7:59am On Nov 16, 2013
kingoflag: Name names or you're a freaking liar. $250million bribe?! How much were the bribers trying to invest or looking forward to profiting; $10Zillion?

thank you very much o jare, these are my thoughts exactly abi the guy think say 250 million dolls na beans ? Haba
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 16, 2013

This is really no great mystery once you play back some of the events unraveled over the past year.

If Etete claims that he only received N39 billion from the N173 billion transferred to Malabu holds true, the likely suspect is one of two other parties who currently occupy key positions in Jonathan's cabinet grin

In a desperate attempt to muddle-up facts, convicted felon, Dan Etete, has told a British High Court that he is not the owner of Malabu Oil and Gas and thus not the recipient of the whole $1.1 billion (N173 billion) fraudulently transferred to Malabu by the Goodluck Jonathan administration. The money was paid by oil giants, Shell and Eni, through the federal government, to Malabu.

Source

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by BabaEleko(m): 9:09am On Nov 16, 2013
GEJ is their mentor nah. How e go expect make him "Jude" him boys.
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by Brimmie(m): 9:15am On Nov 16, 2013
GEJ himself na Corruption
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 16, 2013
Coughs! Does anyone have an update on the theatrics which played out in May of this year: Bribery allegation: Adoke slams N10.2bn libel suit on Melaye

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 16, 2013
As I have said, Lamido has not told us anything we didn't already know.

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Took $250m Bribe, Gov Lamido Alleges by eluquenson(m): 11:55am On Nov 16, 2013
Hmm smh
This is happening in all govt ministries, parstatals & all govt affiliates, corruption is here & there, they loot in Billions & yet we all scream when Nigeria is labeled as most corrupted & scammers country, we don't need you to disclose the name of the minister cos we know you all accept bribe at the expense of the citizens, REVOLUTION is the solution to make peace in this cursed country undecided

(1) (Reply)

Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown / Akpabio Lose Senate? / See A Tweet On Twitter That Predicted Bomb Blast In Abuja And Lagos A Day Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.