Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown (2087 Views)

Akwa Ibom Teachers Begin Indefinite Strike / Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House / Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 02, 2014
Primary school teachers in Akwa Ibom State are set to
embark on indefinite strike as their salaries of June,
July and August 2014 are yet to be paid. Added to
their grief are the leave grant which has not been paid
since 2013, as well as arrears of promotion owed in
2011 and 2012.
Our reporter also gathered that during the biometric
capturing exercise in February, some teachers’ names
were omitted; a situation which stirred increased worry.
According to one of the affected teachers, Mrs. Grace
Umoren, they were recalled to repeat the exercise this
August only to be told by Skye Bank officials that they
(Skye Bank) cannot find their forms. Those affected,
The Sensor learnt, were from Uyo, Uruan and other
local government areas.
These teachers, Mrs. Umoren said, were instead, given
sheets of paper to write their names with the promise to
get back to them at an undisclosed time.
Similarly, Mr. Bassey Ime, disclosed that the situation
is worrisome as is livelihood is threatened. “I’m not
comfortable any more with this situation. For them to
owe us salary for three months is not funny at all. At
least, they should pay us arrears of our 2011 and 2012
promotion.
Our reporter also gathered from a source who preferred
anonymity at Nigeria Union of Teachers that teachers
are set for a showdown with government if their salaries
are not paid by the end of August.

nigerianpilot.com/aibom-teachers-set-for-showdown-over-unpaid-salariesof-my-husband-woman-tells-court/

insideakwaibom.com/unpaid-salaries-ak-teachers-set-for-showdown/
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 02, 2014
So Akpabio is owing teachers grants since 2012 and can't pay salaries in the last 2 month shocked This is the governor of the richest state in Nigeria with population under 5 million.

Like kogi, like Benue, like Akwa Ibom. They all have something in common.

Pdp

9 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 02, 2014
I have said it before akpabio is overhyped!
The ff groups of pips will always see him as a god:
1. Those who have never stayed in akwa-ibom for nothing less than 6 months. Not the one you just visit for like 2weeks
2. Akwa-ibom indegenes who have lived all their life there
3. People who only read and watch those misleading documentaries

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by omenka(m): 9:24am On Sep 02, 2014
chikichaka: Av said it before akpabio is overhyped!
You might be right oo!! An inlaw who resides in the state came to town three days ago and when I said I hear their governor is an unparalleled performer, he rebuffed me!! Said it was all media hype and that the man finds it difficult to even pay salaries like his counterpart in Benue state!!

I await the response of residents of Akwa Ibom to this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 02, 2014
chikichaka: I have said it before akpabio is overhyped!
1. Those who have never stayed in akwa-ibom for nothing less than 6 months. Not the one you just visit for like 2weeks

I also heard that there are no decent health facilities in the state. Where are billions this guy gets monthly?

3 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 02, 2014
What does it profit a governor to build roads and cannot pay salaries promptly and when due? It doesn't make sense na!!

5 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by lyntiffany(f): 10:38am On Sep 02, 2014
He is over hyped , you said my mind that guy is dealing with them only to sing his song of uncommon transformation.

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by PhockPhockMan: 10:43am On Sep 02, 2014
Stupidt news

Stupidt source

Stupidt Op.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 02, 2014
Now Ebola has hit the state na wah
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by nigerianvenom(m): 11:47am On Sep 02, 2014

how is he hyped?have u stayed in AKS b4 or are u from there?the fact that he owed salary of 2month doesnt mean he is not performing,stop the bad mouth.
there were little issues in the biometric capturing,that is why their salaries havent been paid.stop scoring cheap political point.till tomorrow,no nigerian governor since '99 has performed as akpabio,if u have any fact ,prove it

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 02, 2014
PhockPhockMan: Stupidt news

Stupidt source

Stupidt Op.
empty post.

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by nigerianvenom(m): 11:52am On Sep 02, 2014
berem: What does it profit a governor to build roads and cannot pay salaries promptly and when due? It doesn't make sense na!!

but it makes sense for ur rochas to decieve the people that he has done what he hasnt.the same akpabio that paid civil servant 13th month salary every yr for about 5yrs.
this is why people say APC isnt an opposition.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by hardywaltz(m): 11:57am On Sep 02, 2014
So Akpabio dey owe too? if na Amaechi now we for dey front page.

3 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by PhockPhockMan: 12:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
Obiagelli:
empty post.
I'm very very disappointed in you. So, you believe such trash from that 419 blog, simply because it said what you want to hear.
So unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by PhockPhockMan: 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
nigerianvenom:

how is he hyped?have u stayed in AKS b4 or are u from there?the fact that he owed salary of 2month doesnt mean he is not performing,stop the bad mouth.
there were little issues in the biometric capturing,that is why their salaries havent been paid.stop scoring cheap political point.till tomorrow,no nigerian governor since '99 has performed as akpabio,if u have any fact ,prove it
Tell them, my brother.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 02, 2014
PhockPhockMan: I'm very very disappointed in you. So, you believe such trash from that 419 blog, simply because it said what you want to hear.
So unfortunate.
i will quote you when the news breaks on mainstream media, i expect an apology then.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by felalegend: 12:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
nigerianvenom:

I think your statement on him being the best since 1999 is overbearing. Beyond road, hotels, stadium I don't think much has been done by Akpabio. He did it because he has excess money to embark on expensive construction but there is nothing innovative from him. If you give the most stupid man 20milliion, he could easily buy a car and build a house but that doesn't make him better than someone who used 500k judiously even though he can't afford to buy a car or own a house.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by johnmartus(m): 12:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
sometime if I see peoples make akpabio compare fashola of lagos I use to smile because most of them are naive Martin elechi of ebonyi and akpabio are always the same both of them are looser last mouth I was in akwa ibom with my nephew I go all round the state capital to witness the uncommon transformation agenda all I can see is a posters of the political flooded all the major road in the state and also the picture of the governor its a pity that our media's cannot deliver they are service again because of selfish interest, with they are lie and biases report the state of poverty in the state and destitute,not small if care wasn't taken beggar will strip your cloth it will be difficult for your to see a car that worth 2m in the state except official car
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2014
PhockPhockMan: I'm very very disappointed in you. So, you believe such trash from that 419 blog, simply because it said what you want to hear.
So unfortunate.

nigerianpilot.com/aibom-teachers-set-for-showdown-over-unpaid-salariesof-my-husband-woman-tells-court/
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
nigerianvenom:

As a matter of fact I reside there with my parents so I know what am saying!
For the very fact that akpabio is the 'best of the worst' does not mean he is a saint!
I don't deal in politics but when I see the truth I say it! HE IS OVERHYPED
The people of akwa ibom need just 2 things
1. Job creation not wasting money he should have used in building factories and industries in white elephant projects like that potentially useless stadium
2. Proper basic education! Large percentage of Akwa-ibomites that have never travelled out of that state are just too local and plain dumb and dull even in Uyo where I reside
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
chikichaka:
For the very fact that akpabio is the 'best of the worst' does not mean he is a saint!
1. Job creation not wasting money he should have used in building factories and industries in white elephant projects like that potentially useless stadium
2. Proper basic education! Large percentage of Akwa-ibomites that have never travelled out of that state are just too local and plain dumb and dull even in Uyo where I reside
i also heard health care is a problem over there, how true?
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by nigerianvenom(m): 12:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
chikichaka:

where are u from?
why didnt u stay in ur state and work since there are lots of jobs over there?
what do u mean bin dull?
dull in what sense?are u ok at all?how many jobs have ur governor provided?
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by PhockPhockMan: 12:49pm On Sep 02, 2014
Obiagelli:

If you read the article the way I did, you will discover that the problem is not from Akwa Ibom State government, but from the people handling the biometric capturing exercise. Until you're certified an employee of the state government, bank won't pay you. That's the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by nigerianvenom(m): 12:52pm On Sep 02, 2014
felalegend:
I think your statement on him being the best since 1999 is overbearing.Beyond road,hotels,stadium I don't think much has been done by Akpabio. He did it because he has excess money to embark on expensive construction but there is nothing innovative from him. If you give the most stupid man 20milliion, he could easily buy a car and build a house but that doesn't make him better than someone who used 500k judiously even though he can't afford to buy a car or own a house.

now with the highlighted,who then has performed better than him.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
PhockPhockMan: If you read the article the way I did, you will discover that the problem is not from Akwa Ibom State government, but from the people handling the biometric capturing exercise. Until you're certified an employee of the state government, bank won't pay you. That's the truth.
who do we blame now and how about 2012/2013 grants?
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 02, 2014
I have always maintained that Obong Akpabio is a scam. I don't pity Akwa Ibomites though. They celebrate mediocrity

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
chikichaka:
All what you posted I know. His laughable roads are substandard and ONLY in Uyo. The same format of Obong Attah

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by felalegend: 1:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
nigerianvenom:

now with the highlighted,who then has performed better than him.

All the Governors that get less than 3billion monthly and have been able to pay salaries and build some infrastructure. A typical example is Fayemi of Ekiti who lost recently. To whom much is given, much is expected.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by nigerianvenom(m): 1:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
felalegend:

All the Governors that get less than 3billion monthly and have been able to pay salaries and build some infrastructure. A typical example is Fayemi of Ekiti who lost recently. To whom much is given, much is expected.

if that is the case,then my LGA chairman is better than ur fayemi who recieves #3billion per month.
so u can't mention any governor that has performed better than Akpabio.all u do is to criticise because he is owing 2 month salary.
are u aware that the fault isnt from the state government? u guys just try all ur best to hate just for hating sake.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 02, 2014
Obiagelli:
i also heard health care is a problem over there, how true?
I even forgot that one

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
barcanista: I don't pity Akwa Ibomites though. They celebrate mediocrity
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never seen a set of people that celebrate mediocrity so much
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Akwa Ibom Teachers Set For Showdown by felalegend: 1:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
nigerianvenom:

if that is the case,then my LGA chairman is better than ur fayemi who recieves #3billion per month.
so u can't mention any governor that has performed better than Akpabio.all u do is to criticise because he is owing 2 month salary.
are u aware that the fault isnt from the state government? u guys just try all ur best to hate just for hating sake.

I've not criticised him for owing salaries. I only tried to correct your wrong notion that he is the best since 1999. I believe your reason for making such statement is based on roads and stadium.

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Open Letter From An Officer Of The Nigerian Military / Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! / Buhari Takes Campaign To Denmark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.