Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Put Your Intelligence To Test With Puzzles for a Reward - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Put Your Intelligence To Test With Puzzles for a Reward (2101 Views)

Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward / Another Chance To Prove Your Intelligence / Test Your Intelligence quotient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Put Your Intelligence To Test With Puzzles for a Reward by Sheggy13(m): 11:11am On Nov 15, 2013
I'll be posting two sets of puzzles just for us to put our intelligence to test in quickly unraveling simple but tricky puzzles and how broad our general knowledge is. You can post your answers with explanations if possible especially for the mathematical one. I'll be revealing the answers as soon as I discover someone has got all of them right before today wraps up and will give a reward of #100 recharge card in any network the winner chooses. I know it's little but it just meant to challenge ourselves. Cheers and see you at the other side. More to come in the nearest future. I hope this makes front page.Here they go:

1. A shop sells chocolates for #1 each. You can exchange 3 wrappers for 1 chocolate. If you have #15, how many chocolates can you totally get?

2. Unscramble the following words. Hints are given in bracket beside each unscrambled words.

Okewyrn (city)
Wibembaz (country)
Rubelmp (profession)
Yikend (part of the body)
Gurnins ( career)
Louse (city)
Rankaifbous (country)
Techsud (language)
Yadinhu ( car brand)
Hefarode ( part of the body)
Mooncites (profession)
Glifheih ( Music Genre)
Gearmint (fruit)
Phumnick ( Animal)
Ngginur (sport)

******Good luck..Your time starts now!
Re: Put Your Intelligence To Test With Puzzles for a Reward by spunkyuch(m): 11:17am On Nov 15, 2013
u wuld gt 20 chocolates. 15 chocolate wit d #15. then d wrappers wuld gve u 5 more makin it 20
Re: Put Your Intelligence To Test With Puzzles for a Reward by petreli08: 11:17am On Nov 15, 2013
1.20 chocs
Re: Put Your Intelligence To Test With Puzzles for a Reward by petreli08: 11:18am On Nov 15, 2013
Re: Put Your Intelligence To Test With Puzzles for a Reward by bealuv(f): 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2013
ok number one is kinda tricky....because originally I would get 15 chocolates with my 15naira then with the wrappers of the 15 chocolates I would get 5extra chocolates but after which I would then use to wrappers to get one plus two that ends with 3chocolates?
arghh all these type of things sef

yeah and number two
1) Okewyrn(city)--- New York
2)Wibembaz(country)--- Zimbabwe
3)Rubelmp(profession)--- Plumber
4)Yikend(part of the body)---
5)Gurnins(career)---
6)Louse(city)---
7) Rankaifbous(country)---
coolTechsud(language)---
9)Hefarode(part of the body)----
10)Moonsites(profession)---
11)Glifheih(genre of music)---Highlife
12)Gearmint(fruit)---
13)Phumnick(animal)---
14)Ngginur(sport)---
Re: Put Your Intelligence To Test With Puzzles for a Reward by dejt4u(m): 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2013
For the 1st question; the answer is 22.
Explanation: #15 will get 15chocolates, 15 rappers frm d 15 chocolates wil get 5 more chocolates (since 3rappers=1chocolate), also d 5rappers from d 5 additional chocolates will get 1 chocolate nd we are left wit 2rappers bt adding this wit d 1 rapper from d previous 1 chocolate=3rappers=anoda 1 chocolate.
Therefore all together, we have 15+5+1+1=22chocolates.

For the 2nd question;
1) Okewyrn(city)--- New York
2)Wibembaz(country)--- Zimbabwe
3)Rubelmp(profession)--- Plumber
4)Yikend(part of the body)--- Kidney
5)Gurnins(career)--- Nursing
6)Louse(city)--- Seoul
7) Rankaifbous(country)--- Burkinafaso
8 )Techsud(language)--- Dutches
9)Yadinhu(car)--- Hyundai
9)Hefarode(part of the body)---- Forehead
10)Moonsites(profession)--- Economist
11)Glifheih(genre of music)---Highlife
12)Gearmint(fruit)--- Tangerine !nt sure, its lyk dere is a mistak in d question
13)Phumnick(animal)--- Chipmunk
14)Ngginur(sport)--- Running !nt sure of this.
(c)Olowolagba Ayodeji
Re: Put Your Intelligence To Test With Puzzles for a Reward by Sheggy13(m): 1:53pm On Nov 15, 2013
dej4u, you're right..there was a mistake in the unscrambled word Gearmint, it should be Gearminte.. Apart from that, you're this close.. keep on trying you'll..I'm really impressed with your attempts.
Re: Put Your Intelligence To Test With Puzzles for a Reward by SirTunechi(f): 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
[url=coolforum.cf]CLICK HERE[/url]
Re: Put Your Intelligence To Test With Puzzles for a Reward by Sheggy13(m): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2013
After going through all responses to the question, I can say I'm impressed with efforts made. Dejt4u was very close to getting it all. Infact his explanation for the first question is succinct. I couldn't have done better. The answer is 22 chocolates in all as he rightly pointed out. For the second, I will only point out the ones he didn't get correctly.

Techsud-_Deutsch that's the German language..

Ngginur- Gurning, a weird sport originating from the UK that has annual National Championships and the champion is whoever can make the most grotesque (ugly) face imaginable, by passing their heads through a horse collar lol. You might be tempted to say Running but as you can see Running has only a single g unlike what we have in the unscrambled word.
Bealuv, Petreli08 and Spunkyuch, I see you all. Well done! And to you Sir-Tunechi, thanks so much for spamming my thread (tongue in cheek) lol. More to come soon guys. Let's keep up the spirit.

Lastly I admit my mistake with the unscrambled word Gearmint. Should have been Gearninte which makes it Tangerine as rightly said.
Dejt4u, considering how close you were and the error from my end, I'll have to gift you with the recharge card. Just send me a PM stating your phone number and network and I'll text it to you.
Re: Put Your Intelligence To Test With Puzzles for a Reward by dejt4u(m): 8:30am On Nov 16, 2013
Sheggy13: After going through all responses to the question, I can say I'm impressed with efforts made. Dejt4u was very close to getting it all. Infact his explanation for the first question is succinct. I couldn't have done better. The answer is 22 chocolates in all as he rightly pointed out. For the second, I will only point out the ones he didn't get correctly.

Ngginur- Gurning, a weird sport originating from the UK that has annual National Championships and the champion is whoever can make the most grotesque (ugly) face imaginable, by passing their heads through a horse collar lol. You might be tempted to say Running but as you can see Running has only a single g unlike what we have in the unscrambled word.
Bealuv, Petreli08 and Spunkyuch, I see you all. Well done! And to you Sir-Tunechi, thanks so much for spamming my thread (tongue in cheek) lol. More to come soon guys. Let's keep up the spirit.

Lastly I admit my mistake with the unscrambled word Gearmint. Should have been Gearninte which makes it Tangerine as rightly said.
Dejt4u, considering how close you were and the error from my end, I'll have to gift you with the recharge card. Just send me a PM stating your phone number and network and I'll text it to you.
Re: Put Your Intelligence To Test With Puzzles for a Reward by SirTunechi(f): 9:15am On Nov 16, 2013
Sheggy13: After going through all responses to the question, I can say I'm impressed with efforts made. Dejt4u was very close to getting it all. Infact his explanation for the first question is succinct. I couldn't have done better. The answer is 22 chocolates in all as he rightly pointed out. For the second, I will only point out the ones he didn't get correctly.

you're welcome
Re: Put Your Intelligence To Test With Puzzles for a Reward by dejt4u(m): 11:45am On Nov 16, 2013
Thanks to mr sheggy13 for the recharge card

(1) (Reply)

Mapoly ND/HND Part Time And 2 Years Evening Programme Still On / Project Topic For Purchasing And Supply Business Administration / Nigeria Agip 2017 Scholarship Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.