Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,134 members, 7,821,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward (1684 Views)

Dear Nigerians, Pidgin English Has Basic Rules Too! / Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward..part 2. / 5 Most Common Nigerian Pidgin English Words and their Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by 5minsmadness: 7:20am On Oct 04, 2015
This is not a joke.
I've been cracking my head over this all night and decided to bring it here, mods abeg no vex, it seemed the most appropriate section.
I need someone to convert these questions to pidgin english for me. I will be most grateful for the help and would like to reward such a person in my own very little way by offering a N400 recharge card of any network as a very very small incentive for whoever does it satisfactorily. Pls i need it urgently pls. Thanks.

1. How satisfied are you with the hospital’s opening hours?

2. How easy was it to get to the hospital via road?

3. How satisfied are you with the day and time arranged for your appointment

4. How convenient was the day and time of your appointment

5. How easy was it for you to see the Doctor of your choice

6. How happy are you with the Length of time waiting to check in with Reception to get your card

7. How comfortable are you with the waiting area?

8. How happy are you with the Length of time waiting?

About the practitioner

9. What was your overall satisfaction with this visit to the doctor/nurse?

10. The warmth of the doctor’s greeting to me was...
11. I would rate the doctor’s ability to listen to me as...
12. The way the doctor explained things to me were...
13. The extent to which I felt reassured by the doctor was...
14. My confidence in the doctor’s ability is...
15. The opportunity the doctor gave me to express my fears/concern was...
16. The respect shown to me by this doctor was...
17. The amount of time given to me for this visit was...
18. The doctor’s consideration of my personal opinion in deciding a treatment or advising me was...
19. The doctor’s concern for me as a person was...
20. The extent to which the doctor helped me to take care of myself was...
21. The recommendation that I would give to my friends concerning this doctor is...

About the Staff

22. How was the manner in which you were treated by the Records staff when collecting your card?

23. How would you score the respect shown for your privacy and confidentiality at records?

24. What is you level of satisfaction with the amount of information provided by the hospital about its service?

Finally

25. The opportunity of making compliments or complaints to this hospital about its service and quality of care are...

26. The information provided by this practice on how to prevent illness and stay healthy(e.g alcohol use, health risks of smoking, diet habitsm, etc) are...

27. The availability and administration of reminder systems for ongoing health checks is...

28. The helpfulness of other staff are...
29. My overall satisfaction with this Practice is...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 04, 2015
Who has time? Work it out yourself. According to Einstein "Use your BRAIN, don't keep it IDLE".
Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by Taiwo20(m): 7:25am On Oct 04, 2015
Is OP a customer care officer with an hospital and has just been posted to warri?
The questions are too much for anyone to attempt translating?
Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by 5minsmadness: 7:26am On Oct 04, 2015
ikenigel:
Who has time? Work it out yourself.
According to Einstein "Use your BRAIN, don't keep it IDLE".
There are those on nairaland who have time. If i had time i wouldnt have wasted time pasting it here in the first place.
Thanks for your time.

2 Likes

Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 04, 2015
I should crack my brain on all these just for 400 recharge card. Mtcheww
Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by Bambless1(m): 7:40am On Oct 04, 2015
You Are A Joker, 28 Questions?? Just Because Of #400 Recharge Card undecided
Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by Royver(m): 7:45am On Oct 04, 2015
^^^well, like the op said, he would be very grateful for the help. I guess he's just adding the N400 as an extra incentive.

Op where do you work? These questions are interesting.
Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by hahn(m): 8:25am On Oct 04, 2015
5minsmadness:
This is not a joke.
I've been cracking my head over this all night and decided to bring it here, mods abeg no vex, it seemed the most appropriate section.
I need someone to convert these questions to pidgin english for me. I will be most grateful for the help and would like to reward such a person in my own very little way by offering a N400 recharge card of any network as a very very small incentive for whoever does it satisfactorily. Pls i need it urgently pls. Thanks.

1. How satisfied are you with the hospital’s opening hours?

How you take see the time wey we dey open? Shey we suppose open early pass like that?

2. How easy was it to get to the hospital via road?

E dey hard for you to reach here from your house? (Unless your patients visit with helicopters, this question is irrelevant) undecided

3. How satisfied are you with the day and time arranged for your appointment

The day and time wey we arrange for you make you come no bad abi?

4. How convenient was the day and time of your appointment?

I hope say the day and time wey we arrange no disturb you?

5. How easy was it for you to see the Doctor of your choice?

Dem disturb you when you wan see the doctor wey you like?

6. How happy are you with the Length of time waiting to check in with Reception to get your card

E tey before you collect your card for reception?

7. How comfortable are you with the waiting area?

How the waiting room be?

8. How happy are you with the Length of time waiting?

You fee like say you too wait or e tey before dem answer you?

About the practitioner

9. What was your overall satisfaction with this visit to the doctor/nurse?

How you take see this your visit with the doctor/nurse?

10. The warmth of the doctor’s greeting to me was...

When the doctor see you, him greet you well?

11. I would rate the doctor’s ability to listen to me as...

You feel say the doctor listen to you well?

12. The way the doctor explained things to me were...

Shey the doctor explain everything well well to you?

13. The extent to which I felt reassured by the doctor was...

As you follow the doctor talk, your mind calm down?

14. My confidence in the doctor’s ability is...

You feel say the doctor sabi him work?

15. The opportunity the doctor gave me to express my fears/concern was...

Him give you chance to yarn your mind?

16. The respect shown to me by this doctor was...

Him respect you?

17. The amount of time given to me for this visit was...

Him rush you?

18. The doctor’s consideration of my personal opinion in deciding a treatment or advising me was...

Him listen to wetin you dey talk?

19. The doctor’s concern for me as a person was...

You feel say him dey concerned about you?

20. The extent to which the doctor helped me to take care of myself was...

Shey wetin him tell you go help you take care of yourself so that you no go fall sick next time?

21. The recommendation that I would give to my friends concerning this doctor is...

You fit yarn your friends about am and wetin you go tell them?

About the Staff

22. How was the manner in which you were treated by the Records staff when collecting your card?

How those people wey collect your card treat you?

23. How would you score the respect shown for your privacy and confidentiality at records?

You feel say dem respect your privacy?

24. What is you level of satisfaction with the amount of information provided by the hospital about its service?

Shey dem tell you wetin you need to know about how the hospital and as dem take dey treat people?
Finally

25. The opportunity of making compliments or complaints to this hospital about its service and quality of care are...

E get wetin you see wey you no like or e get wetin you see wey you like?

26. The information provided by this practice on how to prevent illness and stay healthy(e.g alcohol use, health risks of smoking, diet habitsm, etc) are...

Na wetin dem tell you wey go help you take care of yourself so that you no go sick again?

27. The availability and administration of reminder systems for ongoing health checks is...

Shey dem dey follow you up well?

28. The helpfulness of other staff are...

You feel say other staff help you or the other staff dem help you?

29. My overall satisfaction with this Practice is...

How you take feel this hospital generally?

The format I used in placing the questions will get you the answers you seek from the patients and are ideal if you are talking to people who use pidgin English as their major form of communication.

Op, that 400 go buy 250mb, I don't mind grin. Contact me for my account details. grin

Proudly waffi!

Shuoooooooooooooo undecided

1 Like

Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by 5minsmadness: 8:46am On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

The format I used in placing the questions will get you the answers you seek from the patients and are ideal if you are talking to people who use pidgin English as their major form of communication.

Op, that 400 go buy 250mb, I don't mind grin. Contact me for my account details. grin

Proudly waffi!

Shuoooooooooooooo undecided

Warri boy grin
Please this is a serious issue bros, most of your translations only made me laugh out loud! You tried but pls if it can be more formal. And which one be "feel" and "yarn", where I'm sending it the people no be waffi people o, then fit not understand? You feel me? grin

Modified. I think I can work with this though. Thanks. Give me a moment.
Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by hahn(m): 8:55am On Oct 04, 2015
5minsmadness:

Warri boy grin
Please this is a serious issue bros, most of your translations only made me laugh out loud! You tried but pls if it can be more formal. And which one be "feel" and "yarn", where I'm sending it the people no be waffi people o, then fit not understand? You feel me? grin

There is no formal way to put pidgin English. That is how it is spoken in Warri and Benin. I understand that it will seem funny to you. The first time I visited my home town I also laughed because it seemed funny to me but that is actually how it is spoken and I also assume that you are targeting people who actually speak pidgin on a day to day basis. Trust me, they won't find it funny. "Feel" and "yarn" are common pidgin English words.

Don't worry you will get used to it soon grin
Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by hahn(m): 12:24pm On Oct 04, 2015
Op, you have not contacted me for my account details o. angry
Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by 5minsmadness: 1:29pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:
Op, you have not contacted me for my account details o. angry
Yes I have. Check your mail.
Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by hahn(m): 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2015
5minsmadness:

Yes I have. Check your mail.

Yes you have and I've replied you
Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by 5minsmadness: 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

Yes you have and I've replied you

Done. Thanks!
Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by hahn(m): 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2015
5minsmadness:

Done. Thanks!

Thanks.

Hey y'all, he actually sent N500 grin

I think this pidgin English thing actually pays o. I'm going to work on a pidgin English handbook for tourists. What do you think? tongue

2 Likes

Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by Toyade888(m): 3:48pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

Thanks.

I think this pidgin English thing actually pays o. I'm going to work on a pidgin English handbook for tourists. What do you think? tongue

magga
Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by 5minsmadness: 4:20pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

Thanks.

It might actually be a good idea o if well packaged.
Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by hahn(m): 4:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
5minsmadness:

It might actually be a good idea o if well packaged.

yes o
Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by hahn(m): 4:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
Toyade888:

magga

Learn how to spell
Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by 5minsmadness: 12:56pm On Oct 06, 2015
Royalroy pls help o
That antispambot has struck again o!
Re: Convert These Questions To Pidgin English And Receive A Reward by lezz(m): 4:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
5minsmadness:
Royalroy pls help o
That antispambot has struck again o!
grin

(1) (Reply)

Missed Semester Exam / How Would You Kill A Clone That's Always Thinking The Same As You? / Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK) 2017/2018 Post Utme Out !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.