Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Calling For Tried And Tested Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Calling For Tried And Tested Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe (1479 Views)

Happy Thanksgiving.. Turkey Recipe / Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) / Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calling For Tried And Tested Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe by vivixander: 5:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
US thanksgiving is around the corner and I'm tired of eating bland turkey that is supposed to test good with cranberrry sauce which I don't like. I decided to do it myself this year, hopefully with a better outcome. So to all the cooks in the house, can you post your yummy, spicy, juicy, delicious tried and tested Naija/african style turkey recipe? Apologies if it has been posted in the past, I searched but I couldn't find a complete recipe. Feel free to post a link to old threads if any. Pretty, please as my reputation depends on it. Thanks in advance.
Re: Calling For Tried And Tested Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe by vivixander: 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
80 views and not a single recipe? Seasoned cooks in the house help a sistah out, please. (:
Re: Calling For Tried And Tested Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe by chidarl85: 5:29am On Nov 19, 2013
Hello...go to http://chichiscuisine..com/2013/10/whole-roast-chicken.html?m=1 for the recipe. It's for chicken tho but it's pretty much the same recipe I use for turkey just that I bake the turkey longer since it's bigger...Good Luck!

Re: Calling For Tried And Tested Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe by vivixander: 4:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
chidarl85: Hello...go to http://chichiscuisine..com/2013/10/whole-roast-chicken.html?m=1 for the recipe. It's for chicken tho but it's pretty much the same recipe I use for turkey just that I bake the turkey longer since it's bigger...Good Luck!

Thanks. I'll check it out.
Re: Calling For Tried And Tested Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 20, 2013
Hi, the link below is actually for the oil-free turkey fryer/roaster user reviews (over 400 of them). There are tons and tons of tried and tested turkey-roasting tips from seasoned cooks, including lessons learned along the way by not so seasoned cooks. Do check it out, and goodluck.

http://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-TRU-Infrared-Oil-less-Turkey-Fryer/product-reviews/B001HBI7D8/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Re: Calling For Tried And Tested Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 21, 2013
It's not an African/Naija style turkey but Africans like it. cheesy lol.

I don't fry turkey either. I bake it in the oven for some hours. I'm heavy handed with seasonings because the turkey we get is always monstrous. Do realize that the bigger the turkey, the more bland (usually). I prefer nice 15-17 pound organic/natural, never-frozen turkeys (if you can find one). They taste better.

I use salt, ground black pepper, paprika, poultry seasoning, and dried thyme leaves. Sometimes I use rosemary too. I, personally, like pepper, so I may use some cayenne pepper as well. I have no measurements. I eyeball. Sorry. You want a coated turkey though.

The trick to keeping it flavorful is cooking it on its bosoms. The back is already moist, whereas the bosoms tend to be dry. With the bosoms down, the turkey self-bastes. It may not result in a pretty, golden, magazine-worthy, turkey, but the taste is phenomenal.

(1) (Reply)

6,800 Kilos Of Fish Spilled Onto Guizhou Road Surprisingly, None Were Taken Home / Help!!! Do You Know How To Prepare Banga Soup? / Interesting Facts About Bananas- For All Banana Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.