Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,190 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Passenger Falls Out Of Plane Off Florida Coast - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passenger Falls Out Of Plane Off Florida Coast (551 Views)

Airline Passenger Finds Lizard In Her Food (Photo) / Abia River That Turns Green When Rain Falls (Photos) / Passenger Falls Out Of Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Passenger Falls Out Of Plane Off Florida Coast by Chars1289: 6:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
A passenger fell out of small plane and plummeted into the water in
Miami's Biscayne Bay today, police said.
The plane was flying at 1,800 feet at the time.
Air traffic control received a "mayday" call around 1:30 p.m. ET when
the Piper PA 46 was flying roughly eight miles southeast of Tamiami
Executive Airport.
"Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! I have a door ajar and I'm heading toward
Tamiami," the pilot told air traffic control. "I have a door ajar and a
passenger that fell down. I'm six miles from Tamiami."
"You said you've got a passenger that fell out of your plane?" the air
traffic controller asks the pilot.
"That's correct, sir. He opened the backdoor and he just fell out the
plane," said the unidentified pilot.
The aircraft continued onto Tamiami Airport and landed.
Miami-Dade Police tell ABCNews.com that their homicide unit was
dispatched to the airport Thursday afternoon to question the pilot. The
only people aboard the plane had been the pilot and the passenger,
police said. Detectives are currently at the Tamiami Airport "talking to the pilot to see what transpired before the passenger fell from the plane."
Divers with the Miami-Dade police department are searching the area
where the man is believed to have fallen into the water. That area is
between the Cape Florida Lighthouse on Key Biscayne and the seashore so some-where in that section of Biscayne Bay.
The Coast Guard station Miami Beach sent a search and rescue boat to
search the waters and Miami-Dade County Air Rescue dispatched one of their helicopters as well. That helicopter has since been called off.
Source
http://www.news.yahoo.com/passenger-falls-plane-off-florida-coast-235439057--abc-news-topstories.html
Re: Passenger Falls Out Of Plane Off Florida Coast by justwise(m): 6:15pm On Nov 15, 2013

(1)

About 200,000 People Wants To Spend The Rest Of Their Lives In MARS + Video / What is the difference between Austrian German and the german spoken in Germany? / Ogun State: A Metropolitan State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.