Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Anambra: APC Faults Arrest Of ‘Election Monitors’ From Osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: APC Faults Arrest Of ‘Election Monitors’ From Osun (763 Views)

Photos Of Anambra APC Senatorial Candidate At The Burial Of Chris Ngige's Father / Aregbesola Receives Cheers From Osun Citizens While On His Way To Work. Photos / 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra: APC Faults Arrest Of ‘Election Monitors’ From Osun by Unblockable: 7:01pm On Nov 15, 2013
The All Progressives Congress has accused the police of “acting out the script of the Peoples Democratic Party for Saturday’s governorship election in Anambra by arresting election monitors from Osun State and labelling them as thugs.”

In a statement in Lagos on Friday by its Interim National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said the report that a “crack team” of the police in Imo State had arrested 180 “armed hoodlums carrying fake voters cards, official identity cards of INEC and Independent Observer identity cards” was “nothing but tales by the moonlight.”

APC said, “Those who were arrested by the increasingly partisan police are election monitors from Osun, who are members of the Justice and Equality Organisation, an INEC-accredited election monitoring NGO. With INEC having trained key officials of the accredited election monitoring NGOs, those trained are now training their members in readiness for the election. Those trained by INEC are in Owerri.

“Those whom the police have labelled as thugs are members of the Justice and Equality Organisation. They are in Owerri for training ahead of the election. They chose Owerri because of its proximity to Anambra and its affordable hotel costs.

“None of them is a member of the APC, despite the insinuation by the police, and none is armed, because you don’t need guns to monitor elections. Any weapon exhibited by the police must have been procured by them to justify their gaffe.

“The only offence that the arrested election monitors have committed, in the eyes of the police, is that they are from a staunchly APC state with zero tolerance for the do-nothing, bumbling PDP.”

SOURCE: www.punchng.com/news/anambra-apc-faults-arrest-of-election-monitors-from-osun/
Re: Anambra: APC Faults Arrest Of ‘Election Monitors’ From Osun by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
Warefa!
Re: Anambra: APC Faults Arrest Of ‘Election Monitors’ From Osun by snika: 7:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
This people can lie o.

And suddenly APC are saying these people are their 'independent observers'? Indepent observers with fake INEC IDs, voters' cards, ballot boxes, Ngige posters, Ak. 47 rifles, grenades. Wow, now I know what independent observers stand for. Hehe cheesy

Mama Ebuka, oya go fetch me my mma agha ASAP, I'm going to the voting center as an independent observer angry
Re: Anambra: APC Faults Arrest Of ‘Election Monitors’ From Osun by Mutab4u(m): 8:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
snika: This people can lie o.

And suddenly APC are saying these people are their 'independent observers'? Indepent observers with fake INEC IDs, voters' cards, ballot boxes, Ngige posters, Ak. 47 rifles, grenades. Wow, now I know what independent observers stand for. Hehe cheesy

Mama Ebuka, oya go fetch me my mma agha ASAP, I'm going to the voting center as an independent observer angry

Re: Anambra: APC Faults Arrest Of ‘Election Monitors’ From Osun by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 8:53pm On Nov 15, 2013
Mr Mohammed playing his natural wing.
The guy is highly talented in SHIT-TALKING.
Re: Anambra: APC Faults Arrest Of ‘Election Monitors’ From Osun by Sagytarius(m): 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
They
chose Owerri because of its proximity to Anambra and its affordable hotel costs.
Is wa o. So coming from Asaba is farther to Awka/onitsha (major Cities in Anambra) than when coming from Owerri. Is really wa. cheesy
Re: Anambra: APC Faults Arrest Of ‘Election Monitors’ From Osun by Tolexander: 9:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
I knew the story was a propaganda and igbo made!
Re: Anambra: APC Faults Arrest Of ‘Election Monitors’ From Osun by saintneo(m): 10:50pm On Nov 15, 2013
pants down

(1) (Reply)

What Is Happening On My Site? / APC Warns PDP On Impeachment Plot Againstamaechi, Kwankwaso, Others / Seun Osewa Is Our Mandela In Nigeriav: Freedom Of Expression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.