Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,450 members, 7,830,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support (2154 Views)

Photos Of Anambra APC Senatorial Candidate At The Burial Of Chris Ngige's Father / Only Hawks And Oil Money Thieves Will Vote Forjonathan In 2015 - Kwankwaso / How We Will Give Jonathan The “malawi” Treatment In 2015 – Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by gratiaeo(m): 4:18am On Sep 15, 2014
… May pick Ngige as running mate

Indications that Kano State Governor, Dr. Rabiu Kwankwaso, may contest the 2015 presidential election with Senator Chris Ngige as his running mate if he emerges the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate emerged at the weekend, as his campaign team stormed Anambra State to woo party members ahead of the party’s primary election.

Though Kwankwaso’s delegation to the state led by his Special Adviser on Security, Dr. Danyaro Yakassai, did not make it public, sources in the closed door meeting with the six-man delegation held with Anambra APC executives disclosed that the Kwankwaso/Ngige ticket was part of the discussions.

Addressing APC members in the state, the delegation stated that fielding Kwankwaso would be an advantage for the party, as it would guarantee the party’s victory in the 2015 presidential election.

Yakassai stressed that there was no better person to hold the ticket of the party than Kwankwaso because he grew through the ranks, having been a member of the House of Representatives, a deputy speaker of the House, defence minister and an envoy of the country to Darfur.

The delegation, which included a former Commissioner for Information, two serving members of the House of Representatives, a former member of the House of Representatives and a youth leader, first held a closed-door meeting with leaders of the party in the state before addressing the members.

The leader of the delegation told their party members in Anambra that the country needed a man like Kwankwaso, who would heal the past wounds of the country, engineer genuine reconciliation and foster infrastructure development.

However, speaking with newsmen on the likelihood of a Kwankwaso/Ngige ticket, a member of the delegation and member representing Kura, Madobi, Garimalan Federal Constituency in Kano, Muktar Chiromawa, noted that it would not be a bad idea.

Chiromawa said Ngige and Kwankwaso shared a lot in common, stressing that it would be a plus for Nigerians and APC in particular if the duo were fielded in the forthcoming presidential election.
In another related news; Ahead of his formal declaration for the presidential election in the country on the platform of All Progressives Congress (APC) in 2015, a delegation from Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso of Kano State at the week end held consultation with Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha.

The leader of the delegation and Kano State Commissioner for Information, Youths, Sports and Culture, Dr. Abubakar Danburan, said they were in the state to seek the support of the people of Imo and possible partnership with Governor Okorocha on the presidential ambition of Kano State governor.

Danburan, who addressed newsmen on the outcome of the consultation with Imo State governor, said the campaign organisation was im pressed with the openness of Okorocha, who had also intimated them of his ambition to contest the presidential ticket of the party.

However, the leader of the delegation revealed that Governor Okorocha promised to support Kwankwaso if he eventually got the presidential ticket of APC to contest next year’s election.

“Our consultation with Okorocha was a good one. We told him we came to pay our respect to him and seek his support. We are fasci­nated with his openness of telling us about the same ambition, but he told us that if there is anybody he wants to be there, it would be Kwankwaso. He also promised to support Kwankwaso if he wins the APC presidential ticket” Danburan stated.

The commissioner, who also addressed APC stake holders in the state, described Kwankwaso as a true leader, who had the capacity to address the current problems besetting the nation, adding that his transformation of Kano State was a justification of his desire to move the nation to a greater height.

“We are tired of hearing the same story everyday about the situation in the country. Instead of hearing ‘bring back our girls’, what we are hearing is ‘bring back Jonathan’. We need to have a safe country that we should be proud of,” Danburan said.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=81759
Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by Billygee2u: 4:21am On Sep 15, 2014
no way ,you cannot see Aso Rock ,you can only go there as a visitor.

11 Likes

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by okosodo: 4:45am On Sep 15, 2014
Its just like saying that APGA candidate is wooing tje people of kano, the person dive rock

8 Likes

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by MayorofLagos(m): 5:07am On Sep 15, 2014
Kwankwaso/Ngige.

This is Ibo's opportunity for Presidency. Let's see if they have sense enough to see this as a political windfall and support the ticket.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by eleojo23: 5:27am On Sep 15, 2014
Ok
Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by hushmail: 5:59am On Sep 15, 2014
i been think say kano gov get sense bt now i know better

ngige wey no fit win anambra 4 vice?

Anyway as far as SE is concerned APC no go even get d required 25% in any SE state

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by Gboliwe: 5:59am On Sep 15, 2014
Kwankwaso/Ngige? Hahahahaha, Obj/Atiku will be child's play.

For real, I will like to see this. grin

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 15, 2014
Make sure no bomb is planted around any of the vicinities.

Islamic APC should leave Anambra State alone and go look for another place, must it be Anambra, let them check Imo or Rivers or Edo now or Ebonyi state with the highest number of Muslims in East.

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by 2cato: 6:21am On Sep 15, 2014
Too many clowns want to contest for presidency

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by Nobody: 6:23am On Sep 15, 2014
“Our consultation with Okorocha was a good one. We told him we came to pay our respect to him and seek his support. We are fasci nated with his openness of telling us about the same ambition, but he told us that if there is anybody he wants to be there, it would be Kwankwaso. He also promised to support Kwankwaso if he wins the A
Okorocha is a clown lolsssss. Anyway, I don't want Nwabueze Ngige on the ticket as the SE people are already fixed on PDP. This was the mistake Atiku made by running with Ben Obi in 2007 who brought no popularity nor votes to the ticket. In a twist, the same Ben Obi is Jonathan's Special Adviser today.
Buhari picked Okadigbo in 2003 and same story-Okadigbo didn't garner 10% of SE votes. His wife is now a Jona ally(I think).
Ume Ezeoke ran with Buhari in 2007, he again brought no vote to the team and at the end, he betrayed GMB and joined the controversial Government of National Unity of Yar Adua even when his party decided to challenge the outcome. He and his team made Buhari a laughing stock.

I say the APC should drop any plan of fielding SE VP except Rochas Okorocha. APC should go for some1 like Amaechi or Oshio if they don't want a SWesterner. At least these people can garner votes and are grassroot mobilizers in their constituencies.
In other words, Igbo on the ticket(except Rochas) is Dead on Arrival!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by Candyrain(m): 6:27am On Sep 15, 2014
BuddahMonk: Make sure no bomb is planted around any of the vicinities.

Islamic APC should leave Anambra State alone and go look for another place, must it be Anambra, let them check Imo or Rivers or Edo now or Ebonyi state with the highest number of Muslims in East.
Now this is one hell of a problem I have with Anambra people where you think your sister states are irrelevant to you or can go to hell. An Hausa/Fulani or a Yoruba will never look down or even suggest anything evil on their sister states in their geopolitical zone but here we are the self proclaimed almighty Anambra saying Islamic APC (let's assume it's something evil) should leave Anambra and go to Imo, Rivers or Ebonyi. No wonder we the Igbos can't and will never be able to do anything as far the politics of Nigeria is concerned because we are not one. I SMH for you.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 15, 2014
barcanista:
Okorocha is a clown lolsssss. Anyway, I don't want Nwabueze Ngige on the ticket as the SE people are already fixed on PDP. This was the mistake Atiku mad by running with Ben Obi in 2007 who brought no popularity nor votes to the ticket. In a twist, the same Ben Obi is Jonathan's Special Adviser today.
Buhari picked Okadigbo in 2003 and same story-Okadigbo didn't garner 10% of SE votes. His wife is now a Jona ally(I think).
Ume Ezeoke ran with Buhari in 2007, he again brought no vote to the team and at the end, he betrayed GMB and joined the controversial Government of National Unity of Yar Adua even when his party decided to challenge the outcome. He and his team made Buhari a laughing stock.

I say the APC should drop any plan of fielding SE VP except Rochas Okorocha. APC should go for some1 for Amaechi or Oshio if they don't want a SWesterner. At least these people can garner votes and are grassroot mobilizers in their constituencies.

In 2011 when Buhari ran with Bakare and Ribadu with another yoruba. Deputy what votes did they bring to the table?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by gratiaeo(m): 6:40am On Sep 15, 2014
barcanista:
Okorocha is a clown lolsssss. Anyway, I don't want Nwabueze Ngige on the ticket as the SE people are already fixed on PDP. This was the mistake Atiku mad by running with Ben Obi in 2007 who brought no popularity nor votes to the ticket. In a twist, the same Ben Obi is Jonathan's Special Adviser today.

I say the APC should drop any plan of fielding SE VP except Rochas Okorocha. APC should go for some1 for Amaechi or Oshio if they don't want a SWesterner. At least these people can garner votes and are grassroot mobilizers in their constituencies.
Exactly the same way Tunde Bakare garnered for Buhari in 2011

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by gratiaeo(m): 6:42am On Sep 15, 2014
chukwudi44:

In 2011 when Buhari ran with Bakare and Ribadu with another yoruba. Deputy what votes did they bring to the table?

9 Likes

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by Adindupeter: 6:50am On Sep 15, 2014
Even if you run with my papa I'll still vote against you.

8 Likes

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 15, 2014
BuddahMonk: Make sure no bomb is planted around any of the vicinities.

Where did you get your facts that Ebonyi has highest number of muslims in the East

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 15, 2014
chukwudi44:

Fola Adeloa was not a politician but a Banker. The ACN in the SW was more concerned with the guber polls than the Presidential polls. Despite her flawed campaign strategy, the ACN convincingly won Osun state and had a good showing in other SW states.
Pastor Bakare of the CPC wasn't a politician as at then, the timing was short and the ACN revolution was at its peak thanks to Fashola and Tinubu.

I hope you have learnt something...I know your type

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 15, 2014
gratiaeo:
Exactly the same way Tunde Bakare garnered for Buhari in 2011
barcanista: Fola Adeloa was not a politician but a Banker. The ACN in the SW was more concerned with the guber polls than the Presidential polls. Despite her flawed campaign strategy, the ACN convincingly won Osun state and had a good showing in other SW states.
Pastor Bakare of the CPC wasn't a politician as at then, the timing was short and the ACN revolution was at its peak thanks to Fashola and Tinubu.
Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 15, 2014
Candyrain: Now this is one hell of a problem I have with Anambra people where you think your sister states are irrelevant to you or can go to hell. An Hausa/Fulani or a Yoruba will never look down or even suggest anything evil on their sister states in their geopolitical zone but here we are the self proclaimed almighty Anambra saying Islamic APC (let's assume it's something evil) should leave Anambra and go to Imo, Rivers or Ebonyi. No wonder we the Igbos can't and will never be able to do anything as far the politics of Nigeria is concerned because we are not one. I SMH for you.
Exactly. My problem with some Anambra Igbo men is just their tribalistic nature to other Igbo states. They think they are supreme, and Almighty. Even if so, they shouldn't disregard other Igbo states and treat them or talk about them with contempt. Some of them are just egocentric.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by Nonybb: 8:07am On Sep 15, 2014
This fratenization with northerners is quite interesting. They see Igbos as tenants with role of a second fiddle. So we can only get there with an over-bearing ambition of our LandLord the Hausas? Shagari/Ekwueme scenerio about to play out again?

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by nigerianvenom(m): 9:16am On Sep 15, 2014
chukwudi44:

grin
tell him more.maybe he forgot

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 15, 2014
nigerianvenom:

grin
tell him more.maybe he forgot
barcanista: Fola Adeloa was not a politician but a Banker. The ACN in the SW was more concerned with the guber polls than the Presidential polls. Despite her flawed campaign strategy, the ACN convincingly won Osun state and had a good showing in other SW states.
Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 15, 2014
barcanista: Fola Adeloa wa not a politician but a Banker. The ACN in the SW was more concerned with the guber polls than the Presidential polls. Despite her flawed campaign strategy, the ACN convincingly won Osun state and had a good showing in other SW states.

If he wasn't a politician,what was he doing at CPC and why did he agree to contest as vp?

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 15, 2014
mikeson12:

If he wasn't s politician,what was he doing at CPC and why did he agree to contest as vp?
Are you asking for the sake of knowledge or you are asking for the sake of argument?
Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 15, 2014
barcanista: Are you asking for the sake of knowledge or you are asking for the sake of argument?

Answer my question yeye man.....

So you want to tell me that your so called general could be so dump as to chose a man dt won't help him with the vote of the yorubas?

8 Likes

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 15, 2014
mikeson12:

So you want to tell me that your so called general could be so dump as to chose a man dt won't help him with the vote of the yorubas?
Your f@da need to apologise to the world for bringing such a dvmbfvck as a miserable son. I can't descend to your level of intellectual shallowness.
Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by agamenon(m): 10:26am On Sep 15, 2014
GEJ till 2020.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by kwanKwasiyya(m): 10:26am On Sep 15, 2014
Hmmmm. Folks are making wide assumption. Dr Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso is yet to choice a running mate, same way the APC has NOT given its ticket to any BODY, All contestant will be given a free n fair chance to take the ticket through primaries

1 Like

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 15, 2014
barcanista: Your f@da need to apologise to the world for bringing such a dvmbfvck as a miserable son. I can't descend to your level of intellectual shallowness.

LMAO.....I don't use such foul words.If you got any point to counter my own point with,bring it to the table and lets reason 2geda.Fools resort to such tantrums when they'v got nothing else to say.Don't make me believe you are one.

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by agamenon(m): 10:28am On Sep 15, 2014
Correct man
Re: 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 15, 2014
mikeson12:

LMAO.....I don't use such foul words.If you got any point to counter my own point with,bring it to the table and lets reason 2geda.Fools resort to such tantrums when they'v got nothing else to say.Don't make me believe you are one.
You Coward, see your EARLIER post
mikeson12:
If you want civility you will get but if you want "Agberoism", you will get in million folds.
I am never a gentleman donghead

BTW: Your f@da is d inconsequential phool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let’s Break Down This Presidential Election Into Simple Mathematics. / FG Approves Nine(9) New Private Universities / Unwanted Babies For Sale In 1940's Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.