Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,734 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review (17393 Views)

Olamide's Baddest Guy Ever Liveth- Come Download All Tracks Here / Album Review: Psquare Double Trouble. / New Track From Olamide- Baddest Nigga Ever Liveth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by Okijajuju1(m): 8:40am On Nov 22, 2013
lalaboi:

I can only laugh at what you just wrote. The album is horrible because it didn't sound good orally? lol.

Lalaboi.. I salute you!

This is us reviewing the album. This is my personal opinion on the album. Rhapsody & YBNL had songs in yoruba that I didnt understand, but when I listened to them, they sounded really nice and made me wish I could understand what he was saying. I'm not going to be able to rate this album for lyrical content, I can only rate it on how it sounds and its appeal to the ears.

PERSONALLY, I feel this album fell below par for him.. Maybe its more appealing to you because you can understand yoruba or something, but as that Igbo boy who just enjoys music generally, I give this album a 2.5 star.

On a side note: You may not know this, but you technically brought me to Nairaland. You were the first NLander I e-stalked/followed (even before the follow feature was added).. You kept my Ipod loaded with current Naija music whilst I was abroad.

1 Like

Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by Lacoachee: 8:49am On Nov 22, 2013
Looking at those tracks.........I strongly believe ANIFOWOSE deserves better rating from the chief reviewer. It should have been 9/10 cuz its a good work not featuring KWAM1 in the song and blending it so smoothly like that with accurate stated lyrics, thumbs up for Olamide.
For those claiming Olamide does not have good lyrics stating the words of Beatiful Nubia and co; one thing u should know is that this is hiphop which was copied from foreigners, now tell me how many foreign hip hop singers put moral lyrics in their song or lyrics u can learn from, is p-diddy,jay-z,kanye west,lil wyne or who else. Pls let's be realistic with our arguements. Olamide well done! 2 albums in a year is a remarkable achievement!!!!
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by lalaboi(m): 8:59am On Nov 22, 2013
Okija_juju:

Lalaboi.. I salute you!

This is us reviewing the album. This is my personal opinion on the album. Rhapsody & YBNL had songs in yoruba that I didnt understand, but when I listened to them, they sounded really nice and made me wish I could understand what he was saying. I'm not going to be able to rate this album for lyrical content, I can only rate it on how it sounds and its appeal to the ears.

PERSONALLY, I feel this album fell below par for him.. Maybe its more appealing to you because you can understand yoruba or something, but as that Igbo boy who just enjoys music generally, I give this album a 2.5 star.

On a side note: You may not know this, but you technically brought me to Nairaland. You were the first NLander I e-stalked/followed (even before the follow feature was added).. You kept my Ipod loaded with current Naija music whilst I was abroad.

Heeheh. . cheers for the compliments bro. . you one make my head swell small lol

I just felt you judged the album on just how it sounded orally. I understand its personal opinion and i just think its wrong but understandable. If i bought Phyno's album today i would look out for what sounds good and not really lyrics . . i would not understand half of what he says. . .But, I would not say its horrible just cos i don't understand the language. . . . But its just funny cos i saw your earlier post and it got me confused. . I didnt know whether we were listening to the same album or not. 4/10 lol. . . But its good you mentioned that you judged on just how it sounded to you. no wahala.

There are just so many good songs on this album. Its a pity you don't understand half of what he says. . .But trust me! It is deserving more than 4/10!
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by Okijajuju1(m): 9:09am On Nov 22, 2013
lalaboi:

Heeheh. . cheers for the compliments bro. . you one make my head swell small lol

I just felt you judged the album on just how it sounded orally. I understand its personal opinion and i just think its wrong but understandable. If i bought Phyno's album today i would look out for what sounds good and not really lyrics . . i would not understand half of what he says. . .But, I would not say its horrible just cos i don't understand the language. . . . But its just funny cos i saw your earlier post and it got me confused. . I didnt know whether we were listening to the same album or not. 4/10 lol. . . But its good you mentioned that you judged on just how it sounded to you. no wahala.

There are just so many good songs on this album. Its a pity you don't understand half of what he says. . .But trust me! It is deserving more than 4/10!

Make the head no swell o!! grin lol

I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from..

Meanwhile, whats your take of the Fire of Zamani Album?!
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 22, 2013
dammytosh:

Tnature. Nice review. how come people are late about talking about this album.

I have a 6 CD loader in my car and i buy albums when they come out. Some hardly spend a week in the set but this Olamide's song sounds like one that will spend longer than the former album did in my car.

I rate the album 8/10.

Not overflogging the issue. Anifowoshe is nice. The song is VERY VERY DEEP and you need to understand d meaning to appreciate the song. It is actually one of the best.

How come you did not talk about the Skit 'Are u reecording me' I listen to that everyday.

Olamide is simply an entertainer and the Ijebu rap got me cracking.

I have bought all the major albums that came out this year and i think this album stands out.

I can proudly say that i should be among the first 50 that bought the album in Nigeria grin cos i blasted it from 6am the day it came out. smiley
..u ghat it wrong i tink thy nation come by jesse jagz is d bst album dis yr..jst get urself a copy nd listen 2 it...
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by lalaboi(m): 9:19am On Nov 22, 2013
Okija_juju:

Make the head no swell o!! grin lol

I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from..

Meanwhile, whats your take of the Fire of Zamani Album?!

Fire of Zamani had some "Good Songs" on it. But i expected more from someone who won "BET best international act". It had a lot of forgettable songs with just a few "top songs".

Iceprince the rapper is still missing, we had Ice Prince he musician on record and it seems he will remain like that cos thats what will put food on his table. It is not a bad album for 150naira. about 6.5/10 sha
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by Okijajuju1(m): 9:23am On Nov 22, 2013
lalaboi:

Fire of Zamani had some "Good Songs" on it. But i expected more from someone who won "BET best international act". It had a lot of forgettable songs with just a few "top songs".

Iceprince the rapper is still missing, we had Ice Prince he musician on record and it seems he will remain like that cos thats what will put food on his table. It is not a bad album for 150naira. about 6.5/10 sha

Lol @ not a bad album for 150 Naira.. grin Sadly, I've bought more quality albums for same price..
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by lalaboi(m): 9:26am On Nov 22, 2013
Okija_juju:

Lol @ not a bad album for 150 Naira.. grin Sadly, I've bought more quality albums for same price..

Bro. . i would be screaming if i bought that album for $9.99 . . i would have called it a waste. . . but 150naira? not bad grin
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by dammytosh: 9:32am On Nov 22, 2013
Otor jesse: ..u ghat it wrong i tink thy nation come by jesse jagz is d bst album dis yr..jst get urself a copy nd listen 2 it...

Trust me, i bought it . It spent just 2 weeks in the car. Do you know one crazy thing bout this Olamide's new album ?

I can't wait for the driving hours alone to listen to it. Just copied it on my PC. That has not happened to more than 2 albums this year.

N:B Taste differs.
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by iamdsam: 10:09am On Nov 22, 2013
Nice review. It aren't easy to review Olamide's album except you're a Yoruba. I believe it's an album worth buying. Olamide is a good rapper which has broken grounds in Nigeria in a way nobody ever expected. I like your work Olamide. Keep it up. I definitely gonna get this one.
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by Okijajuju1(m): 10:14am On Nov 22, 2013
lalaboi:

Bro. . i would be screaming if i bought that album for $9.99 . . i would have called it a waste. . . but 150naira? not bad grin

Haaaa!! $9.99?!! WHY?!! angry

And its this same reason that led me to your e-snips account and thats how I followed you from e-snips to Nairaland.. grin

The only album I have bought in foreign currency was Dagrins album on itunes..
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by folahann(m): 10:28am On Nov 22, 2013
lalaboi:

God catch you. So na pirated CD you dey buy.
...and you expect the musician not to do commercial tracks. How you wan make them chop?
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by iamdsam: 10:31am On Nov 22, 2013
hooper: IT'S SHAMEFUL THAT MOST OF.OUR ARTISTES DOESN'T FOCUS ON LYRICS BUT RHYMES!!!
OLAMIDE ALWAYS FOCUS ON RHYMES..
DUROSOKE IS ABSOLUTELY NONSENSE....
DUROSOKE 0/10.
DUROSOKE HAS NO GOOD LYRICS....

BEAUTIFUL NUBIA, SUNNY ADE......(MUSIC ICON TO BE RECKON WITH )
Even M.I is the same thing. He only focuses on rhythms. I think Posly T.D is the best rapper lyrically in Nigeria.
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by iamdsam: 10:37am On Nov 22, 2013
Make I hear word. D'banj's DKM album is better.
nickz: wadafuq angry angry angry aside songs released before the album proper and komotion ft.wizkid ,which song in that FOZ is mind blowing.......wack tracks of the year, you call person wey sabi,mercy and whisky tracks *mtchewwwwwwwww* ...................well sha its better than d'banjs cry cry
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by iamdsam: 10:59am On Nov 22, 2013
jjk24: fans can't do justice 2 a album lyk u said dey r fans meaning already established admirer of d artist!! Ppl find it hard to be honest with them selfs you knw!! Heard 3 songs out of the album !! Let me be completely honest I seriously dnt see a bright future for him !!... (Dnt hate)..
I pray Olamide doesn't read this. Are you trying to wreck the guy. That statement is somehow harsh. Even though the album is beyond your expectations, this should't be the right sentence to use. You won't like it also if somebody user same for you.
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by mbulela: 11:04am On Nov 22, 2013
lalaboi:

The same person reviewed FOZ.. check the section
Lalaboi, where have you been hiding?
you don resign from the other side? I no dey see your work there again.
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by mbulela: 11:09am On Nov 22, 2013
lalaboi:

Lalaboi, the guy no dey make your head swear for nothing.
I have said it in the past, na you carry me come the music section of NL and as you waka,na so i follow you waka.
My present interest in naija contemporary music na because of you.
I remember that REQUEST page in this section,one could find almost any naija track imaginable years back. Such a communal spirit. I knew it would not last long,cos it was too good to last.
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by oluamid(m): 11:30am On Nov 22, 2013
ajasa4link:
I get ur point,but YBNL was also commercial yet the songs were tighter and he still got shows without being too commercial.... M.i2 is an example of the kind of album I was expecting from olamide... m.i 2 had songs like wild wild west, my belle my head,african rapper, epic, nobody etc... These songs appeal to different kinds of people and m.i still got shows despite not focusing too much on commercial hits.. I think an album should represent all a musician is capable of fishing out and not just about him focusing on getting shows alone,he should put the consumers in mind when going into the studio to record an album

The same M.I.2 hip-hop heads been bashing for being too commercial? I get your point though.

@OP, I've not heard all the tracks yet but methinks D.ope money ft Phyno is really D.ope. I'm feeling Motivation and Skamma too. Was a bit disappointed with Anifowoshe though. I think its a mixtape material just as you said.
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by hayordele1: 12:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
AGAMALI: Olamide is gud no doubts about it but, 2 many songs in succession is just making d fans get tired of him. 4 real. I think he should space d songs a little bit and allow d fans 2 always want more. He rushed d BGEL album and pheelz on 20 songs, where is d variety. Album is still cool tho. I rate it 7/10.
FANZ WONT GET TIRED O,IN AS MUCH SAY HE STIL GET MANY TINZ TO DO......he neva old o!.
Now playing esu pofo
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by hayordele1: 12:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
PheezyLee: guyz, plz gimmie d link 2dloadx dze tracks.. many of 'em ain't on Naijaloaded!
goto gurusloaded jor,naijaloaded dey skip music wit their background sound
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by hayordele1: 12:32pm On Nov 22, 2013
ajasa4link: olamide should feature more established acts like m.i, flavour, 2face, wizkid,burnaboy, iceprince, terry tha rapman, ruggedman, psquare, tiwa savage, etc... these guys will bring in their own unique style of music and fuse it with olamide's to produce good music..perhaps he thinks he is helping their career by featuring upcoming artists, but the truth is all those he has featured in the past haven't lived up to the billing....Lastly,olamide should start rapping about different topics like good rappers do( like m.i ). He should not only rap about money, suffering, women and love
Ogbeni,so dose dat he ft ar nt gud abi,una dey talk of WIZKID,4 whr?,u beta call dat guy to go nd release im 2nd album b4 OLAMIDE release his 10th,nd if he ft WIZKID wnt he talk abt women?......mtchwww
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by tnature: 1:04pm On Nov 22, 2013
Wow....lots of good input on this thread. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to it.

The fire of zamani album review is out as well. I posted it on another thread. You can also check it out on the blog. Pls keep in mind that the rating for FOZ was very lenient cos the album was reviewed like few days after it was released. I believe the artist put on a lot of work towards the album so we didn't want to discourage anyone who wanted to get the album.

Thanks again for your contributions. You guys are really appreciated!
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by hayordele1: 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2013
RAPSODI - 9/10
Y.B.N.L - 8.5/10
B.G.E.L - 10/10
Esu pofo,Anifowose,Eleda mi,High ma best tracks
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by lalaboi(m): 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2013
Okija_juju:

Haaaa!! $9.99?!! WHY?!! angry

And its this same reason that led me to your e-snips account and thats how I followed you from e-snips to Nairaland.. grin

The only album I have bought in foreign currency was Dagrins album on itunes..

heheh. Sometimes you just feel like supporting the artiste. So if the album turns out bad u r left counting ur cost lol. Thats why it beats me why these artistes cannot move copies when the CD's are just 150 naira. people would rather look for free download and but data to download when they can get the CD cheaper. .
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by lalaboi(m): 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
folahann:
God catch you. So na pirated CD you dey buy.
...and you expect the musician not to do commercial tracks. How you wan make them chop?

Erm. . How much do you buy albums? how is a 150naira album pirated? or isit not the price the artiste set it at? even cheaper at alaba.
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by lalaboi(m): 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
mbulela:
Lalaboi, where have you been hiding?
you don resign from the other side? I no dey see your work there again.

You nor see my work ke. . . it only means i need to work harder. . .

mbulela:
Lalaboi, the guy no dey make your head swear for nothing.
I have said it in the past, na you carry me come the music section of NL and as you waka,na so i follow you waka.
My present interest in naija contemporary music na because of you.
I remember that REQUEST page in this section,one could find almost any naija track imaginable years back. Such a communal spirit. I knew it would not last long,cos it was too good to last.

Lol. Thanks guyz. . .Una go let my head blow sha. .

I nor waka o. The fun crew left and it wasnt fun anymore. but i have always been about. .

It could not have lasted na. what i did was in the name of promoting Nigerian music but these days it can be seen as piracy. Naija music don pass that level. They now realise the importance of online publicity as it attracts fans from outside Nigeria. Back then if you was outside nigeria, you are on your own with no naija music. .Now we have several blogs and online shops that can let you easily buy or listen to various albums. .
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by tnature: 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
@lalaboi, are the same guy that post songs on NotjustOk? It'd be pretty cool if that's you. I'd like to thank you for giving unknown artists a platform for showcasing their talents. I visit the site multiple times a day. If you aren't the same person, I'd still like to thank u for contributing to this thread. wink
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by lalaboi(m): 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
tnature: @lalaboi, are the same guy that post songs on NotjustOk? It'd be pretty cool if that's you. I'd like to thank you for giving unknown artists a platform for showcasing their talents. I visit the site multiple times a day. If you aren't the same person, I'd still like to thank u for contributing to this thread. wink

Una one turn this thread to Lalaboiy appreciation thread lol. .Thanks all the same

Good to hear you visit the site multiple times a day cheesy . . .

Well, Nairaland is where it all started from. . Kudos to Mr Seun!
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by tnature: 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2013
lalaboi:

Una one turn this thread to Lalaboiy appreciation thread lol. .Thanks all the same

Good to hear you visit the site multiple times a day cheesy . . .

Well, Nairaland is where it all started from. . Kudos to Mr Seun!

Hahaha....u don turn celeb be that! Oya make "awa bloggers" begin post story about u...lol. I need send u a PM though. Got some thoughts I'd like to share with u.
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by lalaboi(m): 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2013
tnature:

Hahaha....u don turn celeb be that! Oya make "awa bloggers" begin post story about u...lol. I need send u a PM though. Got some thoughts I'd like to share with u.

Sure thing bro. . Send me a mail. . lala4boi@gmail dot com
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by nickz(m): 2:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
iamdsam: Make I hear word. D'banj's DKM album is better.
banger lee wink wink *wackest nigga ever liveth* grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is "Mix Monster" Called In The End Of Most Davido's Songs? / "Wagwan" & "Fall For Me" By Laycon (Lyrics Video) / Phyno – 'Okpeke' Ft. 2baba & Flavour (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.