Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Nigeria & Singapore Get Independence Same Time. Which Is 5th Richest Nation? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nigeria & Singapore Get Independence Same Time. Which Is 5th Richest Nation? (894 Views)

Russia's Newest Fighter Jet Is 5th-generation 'in Name Only' / Scotland Scottish Referendum: Voters To Reject Independence - BBC / The Richest World Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria & Singapore Get Independence Same Time. Which Is 5th Richest Nation? by SeedofOnan(m): 6:08am On Nov 16, 2013
One Nation is almost 100% Religious & Superstitious. The other is largely Agnostic (AKA Buddhist) with only 15% Christian & 15% Muslim. Both countries received their independence from colonial rule around the same time. One is the 5th Richest Nation in the World & the other is infamously affiliated with fraud & corruption. I know that the Abrahamic Faith isn't the only factor involved in Nigeria's demise but I can't help but think that it's like 90% of the problem. Divide & conquer type of thing. This is why Nigerian Atheists are so vocal & zealous.

Nigeria And Singapore: A Tale Of Two Governments And Massive Salaries By Ogaga Ifowodo
http://saharareporters.com/column/nigeria-and-singapore-tale-two-governments-and-massive-salaries-ogaga-ifowodo

WHY CAN'T WE RID THE WORLD OF MALARIA
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/7878524/Why-cant-we-rid-the-world-of-malaria.html
Re: Nigeria & Singapore Get Independence Same Time. Which Is 5th Richest Nation? by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:02am On Nov 16, 2013
Blaming Nigeria's problem on religion is pure dishonesty

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria & Singapore Get Independence Same Time. Which Is 5th Richest Nation? by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 16, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Blaming Nigeria's problem on religion is pure dishonesty

Did yo read the op? Even the op clearly said that religion is not the only factor involved in Nigeria's demise
Re: Nigeria & Singapore Get Independence Same Time. Which Is 5th Richest Nation? by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:43am On Nov 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

Did yo read the op? Even the op clearly said that religion is not the only factor involved in Nigeria's demise

True but if that is the case the topic should not be in the religion section.
Re: Nigeria & Singapore Get Independence Same Time. Which Is 5th Richest Nation? by SeedofOnan(m): 8:57am On Nov 16, 2013
It's my sole opinion that religion is to blame. That's why I posted it here. It is the reason why I'm a vocal atheist. Because organized religion I & many others believe is a tool of the rich to control & exploit the people & Nigeria is a Prime example of the detrimental impact of the Abrahamic Religions
Re: Nigeria & Singapore Get Independence Same Time. Which Is 5th Richest Nation? by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 16, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

It can bé if he is focusing on the religious factor
Re: Nigeria & Singapore Get Independence Same Time. Which Is 5th Richest Nation? by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:09am On Nov 16, 2013
Seed of Onan: It's my sole opinion that religion is to blame. That's why I posted it here. It is the reason why I'm a vocal atheist. Because organized religion I & many others believe is a tool of the rich to control & exploit the people & Nigeria is a Prime example of the detrimental impact of the Abrahamic Religions

well I am trying to tell you that your opinion is not true in my own opinion grin
Re: Nigeria & Singapore Get Independence Same Time. Which Is 5th Richest Nation? by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 16, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

well I am trying to tell you that your opinion is not true in my own opinion grin

Or better yet, his opinion is not fact
Re: Nigeria & Singapore Get Independence Same Time. Which Is 5th Richest Nation? by MrTroll(m): 11:16am On Nov 16, 2013
Religion is not the only problem we are facing but it is one of the major problems. If we let the scales fall out of our eyes then we will be able to fight corruption and oppression and not leave it to one imaginary sky daddy while we continue suffering and smiling. . .
Re: Nigeria & Singapore Get Independence Same Time. Which Is 5th Richest Nation? by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 16, 2013
Singapore developed faster because of the heavy influx of western foreign investment after WW2, in the west's bid to check the rise of communism, by building capitalist outposts in Asia. It was this heavy investment by the west that led to the rise of the Asian tigers. It had nothing to do with religion or anything else in the said countries.
Re: Nigeria & Singapore Get Independence Same Time. Which Is 5th Richest Nation? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 16, 2013
ROSSIKE: Singapore developed faster because of the heavy influx of western foreign investment after WW2, in the west's bid to check the rise of communism, by building capitalist outposts in Asia. It was this heavy investment by the west that led to the rise of the Asian tigers. It had nothing to do with religion or anything else in the said countries.

First of all, The West doesnt invest- it colonizes (as at that time)

Singapore managed what they had, coupled with what they had from foriegn involvement.

Is it a coincidence that singapore is a secular state, with them giving a hard time to Islamists?
Re: Nigeria & Singapore Get Independence Same Time. Which Is 5th Richest Nation? by Joshthefirst(m): 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2013
Hypocrisy and lack of integrity and lack of boldness to stand for good against lawlessness in nigeria's problem, and the world's problem.

This can be remedied when one accepts Christ Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria & Singapore Get Independence Same Time. Which Is 5th Richest Nation? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 16, 2013
Joshthefirst: Hypocrisy and lack of integrity and lack of boldness to stand for good against lawlessness in nigeria's problem, and the world's problem.

This can be remedied when one accepts Christ Jesus.

You are too silly to see that you are part of the proble. Anyone who thinks like you is a cancer to Nigeria.

Millions have already accepted christ in Nigeria and so, your solution is a failure.

Furthermore, you were one of the jokers that claimed that one can run a "non-corrupt" business in Nigeria with the strenght of christ.

If the whole system (country)is corrupt, how can a part of the system not be corrupt?

Too many christians cant sit down and reason

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria & Singapore Get Independence Same Time. Which Is 5th Richest Nation? by Joshthefirst(m): 8:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

You are too silly to see that you are part of the proble. Anyone who thinks like you is a cancer to Nigeria.

Millions have already accepted christ in Nigeria and so, your solution is a failure.

Furthermore, you were one of the jokers that claimed that one can run a "non-corrupt" business in Nigeria with the strenght of christ.

If the whole system (country)is corrupt, how can a part of the system not be corrupt?

Too many christians cant sit down and reason

this bolded is not true.
You are mistaking religious practices with the christian life.

It is possible to run a business without corruption in nigeria. Just because you're pressurized to engage in corrupt practices like bribery should not make one give in. That would be dishonesty and destruction of integrity which I have as a christian.
Re: Nigeria & Singapore Get Independence Same Time. Which Is 5th Richest Nation? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 16, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

It is my opinion and based on facts on the ground, that religion contributes 60% to nigeria's current problems. There are too many extremists both on the Christian and muslim side. People who have simply refused to make use of their God giving intellects.

In second is a largely unimaginative and lazy youth population.

The above been said, nigeria currently is pursuing an aggressive diversification program. We are a 400 billion USD economy. That figure places us as a mid-level/ middile income economy. By 2025 it is expected that nigeria's GDP would grow above 750 billion usd. It shows that despite the numerous challenges we are currently facing, we are going to continue to see growth. With oil and gas, telecoms/ ICT, agriculture, financial services sector and construction driving most of nigeria's growth.
Re: Nigeria & Singapore Get Independence Same Time. Which Is 5th Richest Nation? by GeneralJ(m): 11:51pm On Nov 16, 2013
i'm sorry but i beg to differ
My thing is if religion is the cause of 90% of Nigeria's problems, then that limits corruption as a problem to lets say about 10%.
Now, which Religion present in Nigeria instructs/commands its followers to steal money from citizens, which religion says fraud is what takes you to heaven. Please tell me.
Since Nigerians are very religious, how come they don't follow their religious rules, and actually steal from their fellow brothers and sisters.
Stop blaming Nigeria's problem on religion. Religion only accounts for about 20% of Nigeria's problem.
The major cause of Problem in Nigeria today, is NIGERIANS THEMSELVES.
Nigerians need to stop blaming other things for thier woes and problems, they need to look inward at thier ownselves, look at what they are doing, are they contributing negative or positively to society.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria & Singapore Get Independence Same Time. Which Is 5th Richest Nation? by panafrican(m): 10:49pm On Nov 17, 2013
From CIA World fact book
1. Nigeria
Area : 923,768 Sq Km
People : 174, 507,539

2. Singapore
Area : 687 sq km
People: 5,460,032

Go to https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html

From those data the unit ratios are

Area
NIGERIA : SINGAPORE
1345 : 1

People
NIGERIA: SINGAPORE
32 : 1

It means the government of Nigeria has more on its hands than the government of Singapore, not to count the civil war i Nigeria and the negative foreign influence.
As for Singapore let's not forget that the west was investing a lot in that city on purpose to show to the communist government of China that capitalism was the best way to go. This also explains Hong Kong and South Korea fast growing economy.

(1) (Reply)

Finally Confirmed: US Created ISIS Terror Group / Queen Of England Vs 11 American Presidents And Still Counting {pics} / Come To Think Of It,how Did Trump Win Election While Losing Popular Vote? [voa |

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.