Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene (4462 Views)

The 48 Laws Of Power / Where Can I Get 48 Laws Of Power Ebook / Marchiavelli's 48 Laws Of Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by lastmessenger: 10:34am On Nov 16, 2013
After reading the book: The 48 laws of power by Robert Grene,i refused my younger cousin from reading the book because the young woman has a capacity to act out any new knowledge she gained.The knowledge and principles shared in the book made a lot of sense to me but anybody with a criminal mind can transform such ideas to perform evil.it is a book that emphasizes on how to use people on a positive and negative tone to achieve one aim.despite all these,i still liked the book because it apeal to my intellect and sincerely speaking,it a nice piece of work that displays a lot of creativity.
If you have red the book,can you please share your opinion.
Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by Chimeluv(f): 10:50am On Nov 16, 2013
it's an interesting book and i wil still read it again if i see it and i adopted some of the laws grin
Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 16, 2013
D book z my favorite of all time. Too good 2 be read once.
Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 16, 2013
I love the book and it make a lot of senses. d 1st law is awesome. Infact my Anatomy lecturer is used to stressing 'the 1st of the 48 laws". I will give the author a 7 out of 10 for a job well done.
Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by lymelyte(m): 11:31am On Nov 16, 2013
Chimeluv: it's an interesting book and i wil still read it again if i see it and i adopted some of the laws grin
The book is only meant for men.. tongue
Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 16, 2013
nice book, i read it daily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by ITbomb(m): 11:53am On Nov 16, 2013
The danger in the book is that certain people that just read it for the first suddenly feel like they are all knowing and wouldn't want anyone close to them to have that kind of feeling .
The truth is that that book is like a Bible , it can be applied in different ways by different people ie the way I apply it would never be that same way u apply it but the fundamental principles are the same.
True , the life of the court is still at play today but the motivation to succeed is slightly different , u need to understand what motivate people (that thumbscrew) to be able to successfully apply the laws

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by Chimeluv(f): 12:20pm On Nov 16, 2013
[quote author=lymelyte]
The book is only meant for men.. AND SO ?
Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by lastmessenger: 1:11pm On Nov 16, 2013
But to tell the truth,if one is to apply the principles in that book simply means that one will be manipulative, suspicious,power hungry and sometimes will need to play the run of a cun artist.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by lastmessenger: 1:13pm On Nov 16, 2013
[quote author=Chimeluv][/quote]
A woman can still find the book useful but am afraid that such a woman will become hard to get
Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by OMA4U(m): 11:05am On Nov 17, 2013
The book is quite good! But if those laws are misused, anyone who craves after power would achieve the other way round. And that's why it has reversals to tell you negative effects it will have on you.

But my personal opinion is that 48 laws of power by Robert Greene is EVIL. Nevertheless, it's worth reading.

The first law:"Never outshine your master." stands out.
Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by lastmessenger: 12:14pm On Nov 17, 2013
OMA4U: The book is quite good! But if those laws are misused, anyone who craves after power would achieve the other way round. And that's why it has reversals to tell you negative effects it will have on you.

But my personal opinion is that 48 laws of power by Robert Greene is EVIL. Nevertheless, it's worth reading.

The first law:"Never outshine your master." stands out.
i totally agree with you
Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by donmat06(m): 8:57pm On Oct 19, 2015
men dat buk is a buk amongst buks. av read it several tyms and am still reading it.....bt I tink it's for matured pple only dat will use it in a +ve way, wisely.
Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 20, 2015
Pls where can I get it pls....I hv been to almost all d bookshops here in osha cry
Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by eragonis(m): 10:18am On Oct 20, 2015
Snowangel4:
Pls where can I get it pls....I hv been to almost all d bookshops here in osha cry

ur mail address?
Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by denakis: 10:51pm On Dec 13, 2015
oga eroganis me to need d book my email na (moredenak94@gmail.com)
Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by Olubodef(m): 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
eragonis:

ur mail address?
Afternoon, pls I nid d soft copy of d book.... pls kindly send it fisayoolubode@gmail.com.
thanks
Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by OFMISAT9T: 6:12pm On Jul 03, 2016
robert green is a disciple of machaeveli.48 laws of power is like an introduction to The prince and The art of war by nicolo machaeveli..meanwhile, if you are not a wannabe strategist,politician,stateman(if you're not power hungry),i don't think you should read books like these as it may shake your foundation yet if you can read it all and forget it all,why then,go have fun..
There's another book by same author Art of seduction,this i can recommend to anybody who wish to taste the style of robert greene.infact ladies should like/prefer this..
Now,let me apply the 4th law in the book; 'ALWAYS SAY LESS THAN NECESSARY'

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by GRACEWORDBOOKS: 8:14pm On Apr 07, 2017
PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!
In GRACEWORD BOOKS, April is special to us as we celebrate the birthday of the FOUNDERS/CEOs. Therefore the CEO E-BOOKS COLLECTION goes for *#1000* from April 7 - April 31. Avail yourself of this opportunity to celebrate with us.
CEO E-BOOKS COLLECTION. To get these 30 eBooks, Call/Text/Whatsapp Graceword Books on 08069764864, 07068288814.
1. 101 Amazing ways to say “I Love You” ---------Cucan Pemo
2. 100 Fastest-growing careers --------- Michael Farr
3. A Survival Guide for working with Bad Bosses ----- Gini Graham Scott
4. Blue Ocean Strategy ----- W. Chan Kim etal
5. Boards That Deliver ----- Ram Charan
6. How To Be Effective At Work ----- Arlene S. Hirsch
7. How To Succeed As A Lifestyle Entrepreneur ----- Gary Schine
8. Money Mastery ----- Alan M. Willams
9. Career Satisfaction from Within ------ Christopher R.E
10. Gurus on People Management ----- Sultan Kermally
11. How To Act Like A CEO ----- D.A. Benton
12. Speak Like A CEO ----- Suzanne Bates
13. Mind Tools: Essential Skills for an Excellent Career ----- James Manktelow
14. The Effective Executive ----- Peter F. Drucker
15. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People ----- Stephen R. Covey
16. What The Best CEOs Know ----- Jeffrey A. Krames
17. Your Successful Project Management Career ----- Ronald B. Cagle
18. Why CEO fail ---- Peter C. Cairo etal
19. Change your Mind, Change your Life
20. The DNA Relationships----- Dr. Gary Smalley
21. Getting started in Six Sigma
22. Golf and the Game of Leadership ----- Donald E. McHugh
23. Influence without Authority ----- Allan R. Cohen etal
24. As a Man Thinketh ----- James A. Allen
25. You can choose To Be Rich ----- Robert Kiyosaki
26. The Greatest Money-making Secret in History ----- Joe Vitale
27. Awaken The Giant Within ---- Anthony Robbins
28. Art of Motivation
29. My Big Idea ---- Rachel Bridge
30. How To Overcome Failure and Achieve Success ----- Napeleon Hill
Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by cherryblossom(f): 3:30pm On Apr 10, 2017
Gud day pls I have searched for this book all to no avail thus is my email gloriachika3@gmail.com if any could help I will b greatful.
Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by lastmessenger: 9:12am On Apr 11, 2017
Just check your local store and ask for it. It is a very popular book that can be found easily in any local store.
Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by SaveEssang(m): 7:34am On Jun 15, 2017
essang3@gmail.com
Re: What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene by contactlenz: 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
eragonis:

ur mail address?

please send the book to

(1) (Reply)

For The Sins Of My Parents (very Short Story) / It Has To Be Love / Kimberly Uses Her Bo*bs To Seduce Friend's Husband Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.