Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

The Big, Scary Wedding Day Question: Speak Now Or Forever Remain Silent. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Big, Scary Wedding Day Question: Speak Now Or Forever Remain Silent. (1969 Views)

The Scary Thing A Couple Received As Wedding Gift (photo) / (photo)reason Why Some Females Will Forever Remain Single / Speak Now Or Forever Hold Your Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Big, Scary Wedding Day Question: Speak Now Or Forever Remain Silent. by fleps(m): 2:51pm On Nov 16, 2013
I just got thinking this afternoon and decided to know if truly what I was thinking is a reality. We sure know that there is a time during the wedding ceremony when the Minister/Pastor helping the couples read the vows would ask the congregation a question before joining the couple.

THE QUESTION: "Does anyone in this place today have anything against any of this couple-to-be? Please let him or her speak up or forever remain silent".

MY QUESTION: Has this happened in any wedding ceremony you attended or on your own wedding day? Has anyone actually stood up to say something? If yes, how was the issue settled and what was the general reaction of the couple, Pastor, congregation or even the accuser? What was the accusation and did it end the wedding outrightly?

But realistically, is this question still asked these days at weddings? Please share your testimonies and experiences.
Re: The Big, Scary Wedding Day Question: Speak Now Or Forever Remain Silent. by Emmyk(m): 3:03pm On Nov 16, 2013
There is nothing like such in my church, rather, before the wedding day, when the about to be couples are called to the altar, the Pastor is gonna ask such question.

That if you anything against them, see him (Pastor) in his office.

Every week, he asks.

On Wedding day. He doesnt ask again.

But seriously, anybody can just get up on the wedding day to say trash, nobody cares how valid the utterance is.
Re: The Big, Scary Wedding Day Question: Speak Now Or Forever Remain Silent. by fleps(m): 3:52pm On Nov 16, 2013
Okay. I guess this is a rather modified method of making sure embarrassments don't come up in that day. But what of those that are not members of the church?

(1) (Reply)

How Low Would You Go All In The Name Of Deliverance / I Need A Solar Inverter For My One Bedroom. How Much Will It Cost ? / Mango Smartphones The Future Is Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.