Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,934 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola (2769 Views)

APC Now Riding On Jonathan’s Legacies. Pictures. / Lagos Court Of Arbitration Inaugurated By Fashola (photo) / LoveBuhariLoveNigeria Dinner Organized By Fashola: Live Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by rozayx5(m): 6:52pm On Nov 16, 2013
Jakande beach Road is off the Jakande roundabout in lekki, it is a major road leading to a popular beach , and with a lot of population of people in the area, But the current Government has ignored this road since it is not tolled and does not bring in revenue for the elitist Government of the day. this road is 3 KM away from both toll gates at chevron and at sandfill, fashola passed through this filth last year to commission a repainted classroom block around the area, and the day before he came some caterpillars rushed to fill the very bad street off this eyesore you see here with red sand, so that the Governor could pass.
i have been in Akwa Ibom lived there, and still live there, and i havent seen anything filth like this. Came into Lagos to visit a relative this afternoon i just had to go around with my Phone and capture the truth for all to see. Lagos earns billions of IGR monthly+ FG allocation, but i see people praising Fashola here on a daily basis, what has he really achieved??

APC claim to b the change we have been waiting for, but with what i see Lagosians suffering daily, makes me think we will have to wait some more years cry cry
please i want someone to convince me that this is not Lagos i hear about about as eldorado . cause 95% of the roads off Lekki - Epe Express are swamps and i want someone to prove me wrong with pictures

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by rozayx5(m): 6:54pm On Nov 16, 2013
.. embarassed embarassed

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by rozayx5(m): 7:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
agbameta i can see you viewing this thread, please i need an explanation from you

1 Like

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by PIPPROF(m): 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2013
Eko oNi Baje oh
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by iterator25: 7:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
PIP-PROF:
Eko oNi Baje oh
lol
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 16, 2013
No internal peace for Fault seekers... @OP continuity in gud governance will take care of it... Eko oni baje o

1 Like

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by bloggernaija: 8:45pm On Nov 16, 2013
Go to google map and view a picture of Lagos from space.
Almost Every single inch of it is developed.
Done
Now Locate alimosho or ikorodu on that map

Finish?
Ok
Some sense.
More people live in either of the two LCDA than the entire akwa ibom state.
More streets , more drainages,more vehicular traffic,more vandals,more criminals etc
Where in the world do you people think money fall out from?
From the sky ?
Or from trees?
I am tired of people posting pictures of roads that do not have much vehicular traffic .
Almost like going to NY and complaining she doesn't have Disney world.

With so much materials available to study ,I cannot believe how ignorant people can be.
By the way, Lagos is pave more road than all of the states and in some cases, whole regions.
Even I,many miles across the seas, know that the Lagos state government have a scale of preference for construction/maintenance of roads.
THE MOST ECONOMICALLY IMPORTANT/ STRATEGIC FIRST.

TRANS WEST AFRICAN HIGHWAY
IKORODU EXPANSION
LAGOS METRO
EKO ATLANTIC
LEKKI FREE TRADE ZONE
LEKKI OIL AND GAS FTZ
LEKKI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
FIFTH MAINLAND BRIDGE
LAGOS -IBADAN HIGH SPEED RAIL.

the last three are still on proposal

Only a deep mind would understand the importance of these projects.
These are not groundnut project.

These are wealth creation projects .

MAYBE IF MANY UNSKILLED ECONOMIC MIGRANT FROM OTHER PLACES(including akwa ibom) HAD not migrated to Lagos in the first instance,due to oppression and corruption,incompetence and lack of priorities setting faculty on the part of the politicians ,
Just maybe that place would be a forest reserve .

9 Likes

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by ASL33: 9:42pm On Nov 16, 2013
bloggernaija: Go to google map and view a picture of Lagos from space.
Done

Finish?
Ok
Some sense.
More streets , more drainages,more vehicular traffic,more vandals,more criminals etc
From the sky ?
Or from trees?
I am tired of people posting pictures of roads that do not have much vehicular traffic .

With so much materials available to study ,I cannot believe how ignorant people can be.
By the way, Lagos is pave more road than all of the states and in some cases, whole regions.
Even I,many miles across the seas, know that the Lagos state government have a scale of preference for construction/maintenance of roads.

IKORODU EXPANSION
LAGOS METRO
EKO ATLANTIC
LEKKI FREE TRADE ZONE
LEKKI OIL AND GAS FTZ
FIFTH MAINLAND BRIDGE

MAYBE IF MANY UNSKILLED ECONOMIC MIGRANT FROM OTHER PLACES(including akwa ibom) HAD not migrated to Lagos in the first instance,due to oppression and corruption,incompetence and lack of priorities setting faculty on the part of the politicians ,
People are talking of physical presence and you are referring them to google map, has fashola moved to google hype? Ungrade from media hype.

12 Likes

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by rozayx5(m): 10:50pm On Nov 16, 2013
bloggernaija: [s]Go to google map and view a picture of Lagos from space.
Done

Finish?
Ok
Some sense.
From the sky ?
Or from trees?

IKORODU EXPANSION
LAGOS METRO
EKO ATLANTIC
LEKKI FREE TRADE ZONE
LEKKI OIL AND GAS FTZ
FIFTH MAINLAND BRIDGE

[/s]

load of sh!t, no point senseless epistle, of all the foolish white elephant day dream projects you mentioned none have been done beyond newspaper level, we are talking practicals here , not google maps, last time i checked your Governor renovates roads when he wants to attend a funeral ceremony, only to get booed

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by EASTSIDAZ: 11:16pm On Nov 16, 2013
APC criminals grin
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by ubcandid(m): 1:47am On Nov 17, 2013
No offence AKWA IBOM AS A STATE IS MORE PAVED AND HAS BETTER ROAD NETWORK THAN LAGOS. JUST A FACT

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by adconline(m): 2:17am On Nov 17, 2013
bloggernaija: Go to google map and view a picture of Lagos from space.
Done

Finish?
Ok
Some sense.
From the sky ?
Or from trees?

IKORODU EXPANSION
LAGOS METRO
EKO ATLANTIC
LEKKI FREE TRADE ZONE
LEKKI OIL AND GAS FTZ
FIFTH MAINLAND BRIDGE

What an arrogant display of idiocy. Why use google map( unreal and imaginary) to prove real and pictorial facts on ground?

7 Likes

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by cKaiser: 3:41am On Nov 17, 2013
The fact is the Population of Akwa-Ibom is less than a quarter of Lagos State.

Lagos has to priortize its expenses

Can the OP tell us the amount Akwa Ibom makes divided by the number of people living there and now compare this side by side with Lagos
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by tpia5: 3:42am On Nov 17, 2013
ubcandid: No offence AKWA IBOM AS A STATE IS MORE PAVED AND HAS BETTER ROAD NETWORK THAN LAGOS. JUST A FACT

Shouldnt you make this more widely known so people can move there?
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:35am On Nov 17, 2013
ASL33: People are talking of physical presence and you are referring them to google map, has fashola moved to google hype? Ungrade from media hype.
our friend, shut up there jare and show us the picture of every paved road in the erosion-ridden state!

The man simply askd u to check thru the map and see that the govt is trying.

Now, because the govt hasn't reached there meant it won't be touched?

The OP is just an id!ot as usual like his other brothers coming from akwa ibom just on a visit and feeding on trash by his relatives!

No sense, nothing!

i have my brother observing his youth service in akwa ibom, when we asked: wld u like to be retained there?

All we got was 'God forbid!!!'

Apart from the state capital which in itself is grossly overrated, the rest na bush!!

And u only come visiting and crying over another man's land!

These people are morons!

What thread have u opened to stop the disparities in ur own state govt?

When u are returning, why not carry a tipper and carry ur relatives back to akwa-london.

i hope u are not also here to contribute to the rot already caused by ur primitive relatives?

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by rozayx5(m): 6:38am On Nov 17, 2013
tpia@:

people. are already doing so. and the lunatics. are being returned to where they came from so that we can have a clean. environment

1 Like

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by rozayx5(m): 7:50am On Nov 17, 2013
SLIDE waxie: our friend, shut up there jare and show us the picture of every paved road in the erosion-ridden state!

The man simply askd u to check thru the map and see that the govt is trying.

Now, because the govt hasn't reached there meant it won't be touched?

The OP is just an id!ot as usual like his other brothers coming from akwa ibom just on a visit and feeding on trash by his relatives!

No sense, nothing!

i have my brother observing his youth service in akwa ibom, when we asked: wld u like to be retained there?

All we got was 'God forbid!!!'

Apart from the state capital which in itself is grossly overrated, the rest na bush!!

And u only come visiting and crying over another man's land!

These people are morons!

What thread have u opened to stop the disparities in ur own state govt?

When u are returning, why not carry a tipper and carry ur relatives back to akwa-london.

i hope u are not also here to contribute to the rot already caused by ur primitive relatives?
undecided
I can name. 3 southwest nlanders. that stayed back after service. we are close friends
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by rozayx5(m): 7:53am On Nov 17, 2013
cKaiser: The fact is the Population of Akwa-Ibom is less than a quarter of Lagos State.

Lagos has to priortize its expenses

Can the OP tell us the amount Akwa Ibom makes divided by the number of people living there and now compare this side by side with Lagos

so good roads are not a priority. unless they. are to be tolled
when apc fail they give excuses

1 Like

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by Rad1cal: 8:00am On Nov 17, 2013
bloggernaija: Go to google map and view a picture of Lagos .

That sums up your ignorance and a reason why your post should be ignored.
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by thewarrior72: 8:22am On Nov 17, 2013
Abegi, make una leave APC & they propaganda state of utopia

1 Like

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by drnoel: 10:29am On Nov 17, 2013
OP good one. Please post more so that Lagos propaganda machine can coe and explain to us
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by ubcandid(m): 11:06am On Nov 17, 2013
tpia@:

I was not trying to get into a dispute or tread war with you, i stay in lagos and school at uniuyo.
Uyo is not a city and lagos is permit me to say the only city in Nigeria because i travel out quitely, you dont just relocate that way there are factors of growth and indices that determine that, the governor has focus on such infrastructural projects heavily and i was not trying to compare them but clearify because i know you havent been there.
I hope i made a clear sense.
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by rozayx5(m): 12:01pm On Nov 17, 2013
drnoel: OP good one. Please post more so that Lagos propaganda machine can coe and explain to us

trust me
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by Agbaka1: 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2013
ubcandid:
I was not trying to get into a dispute or thread war with you, i stay in lagos and school at uniuyo.
Uyo is not a city and lagos is permit me to say the only city in Nigeria because i travel out quitely, you dont just relocate that way there are factors of growth and indices that detear sense.
my brother you are getting it wrong. there is no city in naija.
Lagos not a city yet

the ONLY place bearing city in Nigeria is Benin City. i grew up there and if not for nigeria demonic and corruption possessed leaders dis city is suppppose to be among top 7 greatest cities of the world. the roads are naturally interwoven and other natural/unique things not found anywhere else in nigeria- the best in nigeria but sadly not tard roads. Oshiomole just like Fashola is overhyped here and just a noise maker.
i like Akwa Ibom it is a place worth envying. Akwaibomites nothin do una carry go. though i have not been there but when more than 3 persons u know are saying d same thing u see on tv trust me u are not wrong especially when those people are not any how people
BY THE WAY CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW THE WORD " CITY " was earned by BENIN?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by bloggernaija: 1:04pm On Nov 17, 2013
ASL33: People are talking of physical presence and you are referring them to google map, has fashola moved to google hype? Ungrade from media hype.

Look at this one lecturing me about good governance when I actually reside in a country where good governance exist.
Can you educate us on how fashola can lay hands on the money needed to automatically pave all roads at the same time.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fashola-lagos-requires-50bn-for-infrastructure-devt/164159/

Makes absolutely no sense.
You have no game to raise.
I may as well be talking to a table.
The Next item on the agenda is to ensure that people vote only in the state of origin .
BY THE WAY
Where are you from?
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by tpia5: 1:27pm On Nov 17, 2013
ubcandid:
I was not trying to get into a dispute or thread war with you, i stay in lagos and school at uniuyo.
Uyo is not a city and lagos is permit me to say the only city in Nigeria because i travel out quitely, you dont just relocate that way there are factors of growth and indices that determine that, the governor has focus on such infrastructural projects heavily and i was not trying to compare them but clearify because i know you havent been there.
I hope i made a clear sense.

this was your post:

ubcandid: No offence AKWA IBOM AS A STATE IS MORE PAVED AND HAS BETTER ROAD NETWORK THAN LAGOS. JUST A FACT

when you lie, do so with sense, thanks.

you are contradicting yourself and assumed no one would notice i guess.
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by tpia5: 1:29pm On Nov 17, 2013
rozayx5:

people. are already doing so. and the lunatics. are being returned to where they came from so that we can have a clean. environment

that is good.

please spread the word more so more people can move.
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by rozayx5(m): 2:56pm On Nov 17, 2013
tpia@:

that is good.

please spread the word more so more people can move.

yeah more investment s are coming into Akwa Ibom
while our governor return's the lunatics to their owners
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by rozayx5(m): 2:58pm On Nov 17, 2013
bloggernaija:

Look at this one lecturing me about good governance when I actually reside in a country where good governance exist.
Can you educate us on how fashola can lay hands on the money needed to automatically pave all roads at the same time.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fashola-lagos-requires-50bn-for-infrastructure-devt/164159/

Makes absolutely no sense.
You have no game to raise.
I may as well be talking to a table.
The Next item on the agenda is to ensure that people vote only in the state of origin .
BY THE WAY
Where are you from?

what happened to the 3bn per km scam called lekki epe.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by russellino: 3:33pm On Nov 17, 2013
bloggernaija:

You obviously have no clue about that area.

The lagos masterplan designates that neighborhood as residential. Are u aware that there are indigenes of that place living there from time immemorial? That "its the migrants. From other states fault" excuse is terribly absurd. At most u can say that Lekki beach road is not priority for the state govt but resist the urge to blame migrants
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by rozayx5(m): 3:49pm On Nov 17, 2013
russellino:

You obviously have no clue about that area.

The lagos masterplan designates that neighborhood as residential. Are u aware that there are indigenes of that place living there from time immemorial? That "its the migrants. From other states fault" excuse is terribly absurd. At most u can say that Lekki beach road is not priority for the state govt but resist the urge to blame migrants

no mind the guy,
so Jakande and gbara are first class slums courtesy of immigrants. tell me something grin
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 17, 2013
A good thing the OP has done, as it is virtually impossible for the government to be in all places at the same time, hence the saying "Rome was not built in a day". But you showed your real intent/bias and opened yourself to criticism by making silly comparisons between Lagos and Akwa-Ibom. Very silly I must say.

In the light of commonsense, your point becomes easily deflated. Population/pull on social amenities, IGR, etc etc.

I can't really recall this road, but go round Lekki-Ajah, from Osapa-London to Agungi, to Ibeju, to Badore, to Langbasa etc etc, there are smooth as baby behind, brand new roads, schools, waterworks etc etc constructed by this same man you seek to malign.

Like I always say, it is our right as citizens to ask for more, by all means we should have more, but this is not the way to go about it. I don't know you, but i'm highly disappointed in you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas, Not A No Man's Land / Funny Photos Of Nigerian Police Officers Sleeping On Duties / Fashola Facing EFCC Case As Group Petitions For His Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.