Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola (2774 Views)

APC Now Riding On Jonathan’s Legacies. Pictures. / Lagos Court Of Arbitration Inaugurated By Fashola (photo) / LoveBuhariLoveNigeria Dinner Organized By Fashola: Live Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 17, 2013
russellino:

You obviously have no clue about that area.

The lagos masterplan designates that neighborhood as residential. Are u aware that there are indigenes of that place living there from time immemorial? That "its the migrants. From other states fault" excuse is terribly absurd. At most u can say that Lekki beach road is not priority for the state govt but resist the urge to blame migrants

I am not that poster's mouthpiece, but I think you largely misunderstood what he meant. I shouldn't need to tell you the adverse effect rural-urban migration has on social amenities, yes?
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by russellino: 5:00pm On Nov 17, 2013
olu_kenzo :

I am not that poster's mouthpiece, but I think you largely misunderstood what he meant. I shouldn't need to tell you the adverse effect rural-urban migration has on social amenities, yes?

Rural to urban migration puts pressure on public amenities everywhere. It however has nothing to do with the state govt not fixing an already existing road as the poster is asserting. Its most probably been ignored since jakande built the estate and that road all the way to the beach in the 1980s.

For him to imply that the neighborhood is populated by migrants from other states is completely off the mark
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 17, 2013
russellino:

Rural to urban migration puts pressure on public amenities everywhere. It however has nothing to do with the state govt not fixing an already existing road as the poster is asserting. Its most probably been ignored since jakande built the estate and that road all the way to the beach in the 1980s.

For him to imply that the neighborhood is populated by migrants from other states is completely off the mark

I guess you might need to explain to me how more people don't lead to increased government spending/person, more pull on infrastructure and hence damage etc etc. Again, you force me to question the necessary and noble act of holding our leaders accountable, pray tell, how do you know the road is being ignored? What about other roads in the same locality? Is the government capable of fixing it all at once? I repeat, OP's move is right, I cant say the same for his style.

How you came about your last paragraph is astonishing. Obviously, development may not have gotten to that area and that road wouldn't have gone bad if Lagos weren't filled to the brim and spilling. Hence he inferred rightly that the unhealthy migration trend is the root cause of the deplorable state of that road. It beats me how this flies past you.

All the same, permit me to use this medium in joining for the call to the LASG to rise up to its duties and fix that road as it has done many others.

Eko oni baje o.
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by russellino: 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2013
olu_kenzo :

I guess you might need to explain to me how more people don't lead to increased government spending/person, more pull on infrastructure and hence damage etc etc. Again, you force me to question the necessary and noble act of holding our leaders accountable, pray tell, how do you know the road is being ignored? What about other roads in the same locality? Is the government capable of fixing it all at once? I repeat, OP's move is right, I cant say the same for his style.

How you came about your last paragraph is astonishing. Obviously, development may not have gotten to that area and that road wouldn't have gone bad if Lagos weren't filled to the brim and spilling. Hence he inferred rightly that the unhealthy migration trend is the root cause of the deplorable state of that road. It beats me how this flies past you.

All the same, permit me to use this medium in joining for the call to the LASG to rise up to its duties and fix that road as it has done many others.

Eko oni baje o.

1. The road has not been touched by the state govt since jakande as far as I am aware. The wear and tear of that road has been a gradual process not a one day thing. I am very very familiar with area.

2. For you to say development hasn't gotten to that area means that like the poster you are defending you have no clue about that area. Also in answer to your question, other roads in that locality like alpha beach road are also largely ignored.

3. Why should my rebuttal of the erroneous notion that migrants from other states astonish you? I am astonished at your straw clutching nexus between migrants coming into lagos and failure to maintain or fix a road that has been in existence for decades. Such excuses are pathetic in this day and age.
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 17, 2013
russellino:

1. The road has not been touched by the state govt since jakande as far as I am aware. The wear and tear of that road has been a gradual process not a one day thing. I am very very familiar with area.

2. For you to say development hasn't gotten to that area means that like the poster you are defending you have no clue about that area. Also in answer to your question, other roads in that locality like alpha beach road are also largely ignored.

3. Why should my rebuttal of the erroneous notion that migrants from other states astonish you? I am astonished at your straw clutching nexus between migrants coming into lagos and failure to maintain or fix a road that has been in existence for decades. Such excuses are pathetic in this day and age.

1. Road maintenance, sour area +1. Could the road have been patched before it got this bad? Big yes.

2. May not have gotten to...You may have to read our (myself and the other man) posts again. Hypothetically, if Lagos were not spilling into Ekiti, the road wouldn't be this bad, agreed? Its state is as a result of 1. and pull on infrastructure caused by urban migration.

3. The Genesis of this whole argument lies in 2. Influx of migrants can be directly linked to the state of that road. The road should get repaired nonetheless.
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by rozayx5(m): 6:40pm On Nov 17, 2013
russellino:

the goons are bitten when you show them direct evidence like this grin
so now the huge population has caused this road to wear and tear, no wonder all the roads in tokyo the worlds largest city are not good grin
useless idiiotic formula to defend Fashola's fraudulent elitist government.

i challenge any lagosian to show me one good road off Lekki - Epe Express way ( Tinubu's ATM) that is good with pictorial evidence
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by bloggernaija: 6:52pm On Nov 17, 2013
olu_kenzo :
A good thing the OP has done, as it is virtually impossible for the government to be in all places at the same time, hence the saying "Rome was not built in a day". But you showed your real intent/bias and opened yourself to criticism by making silly comparisons between Lagos and Akwa-Ibom. Very silly I must say.

In the light of commonsense, your point becomes easily deflated. Population/pull on social amenities, IGR, etc etc.

I can't really recall this road, but go round Lekki-Ajah, from Osapa-London to Agungi, to Ibeju, to Badore, to Langbasa etc etc, there are smooth as baby behind, brand new roads, schools, waterworks etc etc constructed by this same man you seek to malign.

Like I always say, it is our right as citizens to ask for more, by all means we should have more, but this is not the way to go about it. I don't know you, but i'm highly disappointed in you.

You are talking to a table.
You may as well watch paint dry.
If we want to criticize fashola, we know the angle to come from.
We know that governance cannot be reduced to roads.
Definitely not an inconsequential road which gives a shit about.
These people are bringing their dysfunction to the SW.
An almost universal lack of critical thinking,
An inability to look at issues from a different perspective ,
A universal appeal to emotions and paranoia,
Too much voyeurism,
Too much arrogance to compensate for an inferiority complex.
An absolute sense of entitlement.
It is never going to happen.
The sokoto state governor just built a spanking university in sokoto.
All went smooth.
Because of the homogeneous nature of the society.
WE ALL SAW WHAT THEIR LEADERS ARE SAYING DURING THE CAMPAIGN.
THEY ARE PERFECT, YET THEIR PLACE IS PROBABLY THE MOST HOSTILE IN THE COUNTRY.
even the militant in the Niger delta will share the largese with you and allow you to partake.

almost all one city states,no towns and a bunch of villages.
Are these the people who are going to teach us on how to build a civilisation.

If we want to build , we build.
TAKE YOUR CRITICISM BACK HOME , YOU NEED IT THERE .
IF YOU NOT THINK SO,
TAKE A TRIP TO A LAGOS POLICE STATION AS SEE THE NUMBER OF YOUR ARRESTED KINSMEN WORKING THE NIGHT SHIFT.
KIDS BARELY OUT OF PUBERTY.

BY THE WAY, THAT SNC SHOULD RESTRICT PEOPLE TO VOTING IN THEIR STATE OF ORIGINS.
WE HAVE ENOUGH REPUBLICANS/CONSERVATIVES IN THE SW ALREADY.
WE DO NOT NEED ANYMORE
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 17, 2013
rozayx5:

the goons are bitten when you show them direct evidence like this grin
so now the huge population has caused this road to wear and tear, no wonder all the roads in tokyo the worlds largest city are not good grin
useless idiiotic formula to defend Fashola's fraudulent elitist government.

i challenge any lagosian to show me one good road off Lekki - Epe Express way ( Tinubu's ATM) that is good with pictorial evidence

^^ Thanks for finally revealing yourself. Enjoy!
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 17, 2013
bloggernaija:

Sadly, With his latest post, I can't but agree with you. All I wrote was a waste.
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by rozayx5(m): 8:44pm On Nov 17, 2013
bloggernaija:

You may as well watch paint dry.
If we want to criticize fashola, we know the angle to come from.
We know that governance cannot be reduced to roads.
Definitely not an inconsequential road which gives a shit about.
These people are bringing their dysfunction to the SW.
An almost universal lack of critical thinking,
An inability to look at issues from a different perspective ,
A universal appeal to emotions and paranoia,
Too much voyeurism,
Too much arrogance to compensate for an inferiority complex.
An absolute sense of entitlement.
It is never going to happen.
The sokoto state governor just built a spanking university in sokoto.
All went smooth.
Because of the homogeneous nature of the society.
WE ALL SAW WHAT THEIR LEADERS ARE SAYING DURING THE CAMPAIGN.
THEY ARE PERFECT, YET THEIR PLACE IS PROBABLY THE MOST HOSTILE IN THE COUNTRY.
even the militant in the Niger delta will share the largese with you and allow you to partake.

almost all one city states,no towns and a bunch of villages.
Are these the people who are going to teach us on how to build a civilisation.

If we want to build , we build.
TAKE YOUR CRITICISM BACK HOME , YOU NEED IT THERE .
IF YOU NOT THINK SO,
TAKE A TRIP TO A LAGOS POLICE STATION AS SEE THE NUMBER OF YOUR ARRESTED KINSMEN WORKING THE NIGHT SHIFT.
KIDS BARELY OUT OF PUBERTY.

BY THE WAY, THAT SNC SHOULD RESTRICT PEOPLE TO VOTING IN THEIR STATE OF ORIGINS.
WE HAVE ENOUGH REPUBLICANS/CONSERVATIVES IN THE SW ALREADY.
WE DO NOT NEED ANYMORE

am happy my Governor has already started deporting your lunatics back to your slumopolis grin
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by tpia5: 11:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
rozayx5:

yeah more investment s are coming into Akwa Ibom
while our governor return's the lunatics to their owners

nothing wrong with that, so lets move on.

next item, spread the word so people can move to akwa ibom.
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by slimfit1(m): 12:05am On Nov 18, 2013
There are two kinds of thieves,

Firstly there is the generous thief who gives and take mostly in APC they steal from you and tell you to call them sir fashola is one of them.
Secondly, we have the no generosity thief that just takes without thinking about how their victims has suffered at all they have no mercy feeling for their prey PDP Jeg.
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by tpia5: 12:26am On Nov 18, 2013
^ and which category does your forebears fall into?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by WildChild00(m): 6:03am On Nov 18, 2013
Nigerian politicians are all arm robbers, very soon they will carry guns and rob a bank.
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by rozayx5(m): 6:50am On Nov 18, 2013
another major road off Lekki- Epe Express , this is less that a KM away from the toll gate shocked shocked

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by rozayx5(m): 6:52am On Nov 18, 2013
note one thing about all these slumopolis
megacity roads

1. no drainage

2. no Dustbins distributed by lAWMA for effective waste disposal, garbage is dumped on the roadside

i believe if a prominent politician dies in the area, funds will be available over night to tar it sad
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by rozayx5(m): 6:56am On Nov 18, 2013
a picture of Lagos shows you how much private individuals are trying to live a good life, nice houses in the background, but the Government cannot provide simple basic infrastructure, a mega he-goat came to this thread and said these roads are of no economic importance compared to other white elephant projects that are happening only on newspaper shocked , only to lay 7km interlocking or commission streetlights and be all over the media undecided

1 Like

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by rozayx5(m): 7:04am On Nov 18, 2013

Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by WildChild00(m): 7:17am On Nov 18, 2013
What is the name of the local government area chairman of Eti-osa, that man need to be shot.
Re: Lekki Roads - One Of The Many Good Legacies That Will Be Left By Fashola by rozayx5(m): 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
WildChild00: What is the name of the local government area chairman of Eti-osa, that man need to be shot.

dont know but he should be anoda tinubu houseboy i believe undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Rev.stephen Akinola,G.O Redemption Ministries PH / See The Massive Crowd That Turned Up For GMB As He Kicks Off Campaign In P/H / Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.