Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

How Can One Blaspheme Against The Holy Spirit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can One Blaspheme Against The Holy Spirit? (630 Views)

Does The Bible Blaspheme God? / Niki Minaj The Latest Entertainer To Mock Christians & Blaspheme Christ Publicly / Exposed! "i Was Paid To Blaspheme Tb Joshua" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Blaspheme Against The Holy Spirit? by Vanityupnvanity(m): 8:02am On Nov 17, 2013
I was reading the holy bible and I came across a verse: gospel according to st. Luke 12:10 which reads anyone who blaspheme against the name of Jesus shall be forgiven, but anyone who blaspheme against the holy spirit shall not be forgiven.

pls brethren in Christ, what does it mean to blaspheme against the holy spirit?

hope to hear from you all.

thanks.
Re: How Can One Blaspheme Against The Holy Spirit? by dahmie2013: 8:10am On Nov 17, 2013
@OP, dis happens when one says things that the Holy Spirit in actual sense did not tell d individual. For instance, "the Holy Spirit told me bla bla bla" mean while u didn't actually hear 4rm the Holy Spirit.

But I hope u believe u can hear 4rm d Holy Spirit, as He speaks to us when we enable the right atmosphere for his presence.
Re: How Can One Blaspheme Against The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 17, 2013
Eph 4:29-31 ‘Let no unwholesome word
proceed out of your mouth, but only
such a word that is good for edification
according to the need at the moment,
so that it will give grace to those who
hear. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of
God, by whom you were sealed for the
day of redemption. Let all bitterness
and wrath and anger and clamor and
slander be put away from you, along
with all malice.

Also

Read Matt. 12:22-32.
31 says "Therefore I say to you, any
sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven
men, but blasphemy against the Spirit
shall not be forgiven. 32"And whoever
shall speak a word against the Son of
Man, it shall be forgiven him; but
whoever shall speak against the Holy
Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him,
either in this age, or in the age to
come,"

In verse 22, Jesus healed a blind and
dumb man. The Pharisees accuse Jesus
of casting out demons by the power of
"Beelzebub, the ruler of the
demons" (v. 24). Jesus responds by
saying that a kingdom divided will fall
(vv. 25-28), and how the devil must
first be bound before you can plunder
his house (v. 29). In verses 31-32, He
states that blasphemy against the
Spirit will not be forgiven in this age or
the age to come.
By simply looking at the context it
becomes apparent that blasphemy of
the Holy Spirit is saying that Jesus did
His miracles by the power of the devil.
This is unforgivable.
Re: How Can One Blaspheme Against The Holy Spirit? by Vanityupnvanity(m): 10:16am On Nov 17, 2013
tanx for or responses, I am bgnin to understand. more explanations pls

(1) (Reply)

10 Common Beliefs You Probably Have Wrong. / White Witches Are As Devilish As Black Witches: Don’t Be Deceived! / Church And African Tradition Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.