Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,588 members, 7,955,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:35 PM

What Question Do They Ask In Law Interviews ? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Question Do They Ask In Law Interviews ? (2574 Views)

Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews / Questions A Job Seeker Shouldn't Ask In An Interview. / Wearing Jeans And Shirt To Corporate Meetings And Interviews. How Reasonable?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Question Do They Ask In Law Interviews ? by gentlefada(m): 4:50pm On Nov 17, 2013
i am a law student in a prominent (public) Nigerian unversity. I have always wondered what sort of question lawyers are asked when they go for job interviews. The knowledge of these question can help a law student prepare for those interviews and plan for the future i.e. Learn what skills you are required to acquire and what additional knowledge (apart form legal knowlegde) you should have. So this question goes out to lawyers who are currently working or have at one time gone on job interview at a law firm. Smart comments please.
Re: What Question Do They Ask In Law Interviews ? by lizzyslaw(f): 7:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
@poster, legal practice is a different ball game from office jobs per se. One can be intelligent and yet lack the skills needed for advocacy. In my experience having practiced with the secretary of a branch as well as a thriving firm owned by a lawyer and Dr. in one of the Nigerian Universities, I would say that it is your carriage and sometimes connections that gets you a job with a chambers.

Often, if the chambers is in need of a junior, they give the junior a shot. They could ask u if u know how to move motions and write briefs particularly in this era of frontloading but in most cases, they want to know if u have got what it takes to talk authoritatively in court. In effect am saying that they could ask unachievable legal question or nothing legal at all, what they really are trying to find out is if you have the requisite boldness to face the court I.e the judge and also win the confidence of your client.

Hope this helps and I have not confused u even more
Re: What Question Do They Ask In Law Interviews ? by gentlefada(m): 9:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
lizzyslaw: @poster, legal practice is a different ball game from office jobs per se. One can be intelligent and yet lack the skills needed for advocacy. In my experience having practiced with the secretary of a branch as well as a thriving firm owned by a lawyer and Dr. in one of the Nigerian Universities, I would say that it is your carriage and sometimes connections that gets you a job with a chambers.

Often, if the chambers is in need of a junior, they give the junior a shot. They could ask u if u know how to move motions and write briefs particularly in this era of frontloading but in most cases, they want to know if u have got what it takes to talk authoritatively in court. In effect am saying that they could ask unachievable legal question or nothing legal at all, what they really are trying to find out is if you have the requisite boldness to face the court I.e the judge and also win the confidence of your client.

Hope this helps and I have not confused u even more
thanks, you have actually been very helpful.

(1) (Reply)

Odua Scholarship / Nigerian Merchant Marine Massive Recruitment!!! Now On / ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor Training (certified)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.