Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive (22455 Views)

Like Anambra's Election Ranting, Like Oba Akiolu Statements / Apc Still Leading In Anambra Election- New Results / Liveupdate On Anambra Election From The 21 Local Government-pls No Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
Even with a supplementary election can APC win Cos the votes will be shared amongst the parties and its not possible for Ngige to have 100% voters support in the areas concerned.

PDP will rather win or support APGA to win convincingly than allow APC take over Anambra cos the endgame is 2015.

Well the die has been cast and the politicking continues whilst we await the outcome!
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by LOTANNA92(f): 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
egift: This is the worst election in the history of Nigeria. Peter Obi should be ashamed of his desperation to install his stooge and rob us the right to choose whoever we want.

Anambra is bigger than AdaObi and Willly-Willy. Good bless Anambra State. We refuse to remain in the vault of Fidelity Bank.
egift: This is the worst election in the history of Nigeria. Peter Obi should be ashamed of his desperation to install his stooge and rob us the right to choose whoever we want.

Anambra is bigger than AdaObi and Willly-Willy. Good bless Anambra State. We refuse to remain in the vault of Fidelity Bank.

Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by jpphilips(m): 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
chukwudi44:

what do you mean by these statement? Is Ngige and Nwoye from the same zone? If Nwoye should divide anyone"s vote it should be APGA's obiano from the same anambra anaorth as him

I don't expect you to understand it but that is the way it is
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by luluosas(m): 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
If a single State election can't be conducted conclusively, where then lies the hope that 2015 will be better? INEC should be ashamed of their unpreparedness and seriousness in dealing with Nigerians. They should better reschedule a fresh election with a TOTAL CANCELLATION OF THIS SHAM called election. I wail for you Nigeria, my dear father's land.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by Ayed44: 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by taharqa: 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
asha 80: i think nwoye actually divided obiano's vote....remember he is from the same anambra north and also from the same anambra east local council.
I actuali wanted to say this.....@jp, doesn't usuali know what he is talking about anyways, so be surprises
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by jpphilips(m): 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
asha 80: i think nwoye actually divided obiano's vote....remember he is from the same anambra north and also from the same anambra east local council.

The fact you ccme from a place doesn't mean the place is your strong hold, politically, Nwoye is inconsequential but the PDP money cannot be ignored either.
Nwoye steps into the race, PDP's money buys votes from places where Ngige stood a chance, Nwoye loses, Ngige loses, APGA triumphs.

Who was APGA's presidential candidate in the 2011 elections?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by jpphilips(m): 2:56pm On Nov 18, 2013
Littlehooper:

I CAN UNDERSTAND YOUR GRIEVANCES....
YOU DON'T HAVE TO HATE YORUBA FOR NOTHING SAKE...
ELECTION SHOULD BE BASED ON INDIVIDUAL CREDIBILITY NOT ON THE TYPE OF PEOPLE THAT OCCUPY A POLITICAL PARTIES.....

APC IS THE ONLY POLITICAL PARTY THAT FULFILS THEIR MANIFESTO AFTER GETTING TO POWER.....
YOU CAN CHECK THE STATES WHERE APC IS RULING.....

Please can you brief us on APC's manifesto on corruption and how well they have fared in their possessed states.
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by plendil: 2:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
Aladbaby117: But there is one thing i'm proud of in this election-the guy was honest enough to not declare a winner. Truth be told, that wont happen some years back. Then, they rigged so well that they'll declare a winner without counting the votes. Honestly naija is getting better

Quite true.
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by UyiIredia(m): 3:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
I specicifically came to Nairaland to tell APGA goons who rubberstamped a fraudulent election 'Ntooooooooiiiin' tongue
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by Balkan(m): 3:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
I can't wait for mallan Rochas Olaniyi Okorocha to be impeached by January next year.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by chagga(m): 3:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ngige Declared Winner of the Anambra Poll! Areas He Won Heavily Are: 1: Tinubu Square - 25,000 2: Buhari Garden - 30,000 3: El-Rufai Polling Unit - 30,000 4: Lie Muhammed - 5,000 5: Osun State - 15,000 6: Ekiti State - 17,000 7: Lagos State - 60,000 8 Facebook - 20 million 9: Sahara reporters - 500,000 10: Okija shrine - 7,000,000 11: Anambra State - 000 Up Ngige!!! INEC CALLS ON THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE THE RESULT TO GO TO EFCC #na joke ooo

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by rozayx5(m): 3:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
jp philips:

APGA in Anambra is PDP by extension, jonathan is celebrating to APGA's victory even though Nwoye lost.
Nwoye was just a contingency plan to divide Ngige's vote.
very true
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by jpphilips(m): 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
rozayx5:
very true

funny enough, most people here are so ignorant. 2015 presidential candidate for APGA is Dr Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan.
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by Nancydearie(f): 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
This is the worst election in the history of mankind.APGA rigged election.They distributed money ranging from 20k to 100k to corp members to do away with result sheets and ballot boxes.APGA officials were busy sharing money to people on the day of election and police could not arrest them.Its a pity.I weep for the people of Anambra state for selling their birth right.Some people are ignorant and thats why they die of ignorance.Am still wondering why some people are saying that NGIGE is in the wrong party,is it personality or party u are voting.Why is peter obi bent on making sure that obiano succeeds him by distributing millions of naira everywhere he goes.He has skeleton in his cupboard

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
ogologodimkpa:
You're not from Anambra.
No sane Anambarian will vote for Efulefu Alhaji Olaniyi Ngige angry

He has sold his birth -right for Amala and Tuwo pelu gbegiri soup grin

The next thing is to send him on exile undecided undecided
You only know how to bark but can't bite! If you are man enough, send Ngige on exile.
Smh for internet warriors.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by fatadis: 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
chagga: Ngige Declared Winner of the Anambra Poll! Areas He Won Heavily Are: 1: Tinubu Square - 25,000 2: Buhari Garden - 30,000 3: El-Rufai Polling Unit - 30,000 4: Lie Muhammed - 5,000 5: Osun State - 15,000 6: Ekiti State - 17,000 7: Lagos State - 60,000 8 Facebook - 20 million 9: Sahara reporters - 500,000 10: Okija shrine - 7,000,000 11: Anambra State - 000 Up Ngige!!! INEC CALLS ON THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE THE RESULT TO GO TO EFCC #na joke ooo

why do you people have so much hatred for yorubas yet most of you cannot survive without dis yorubas. whats the population of yorubas in the east compare to igbo population in the west.

I think a time will come when next generation of yorubas will not take the issue hatred lightly again and everybody will answer his or her father's name.

Despite the trenmendous burden you people puts on infracstructure facilities in the west nobody complains but most igbo youth are ungrateful to the yorubas.

I was in the general hospital in Isolo Lagos some few days ago you need to see the population of igbo women that came for ante natal that day u will be amazed, this happen in most cities in the west.

whats the big deal about Ngige running under APC, if he wins who will govern anambra is not Ngige and his fellow Anambra people.

I pray to Almighty God to deliver most Igbo youth from their hatred towards yoruba people that have done so much for them.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by alexchiny: 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
[quote author=fatadis]

why do you people have so much hatred for yorubas yet most of you cannot survive without dis yorubas. whats the population of yorubas in the east compare to igbo population in the west.

/quote]

You meant to write Lagos right? Next time, write with your brains. Tell me the number of Igbos in Yoruba states like OSun,Oyo and co please and not Lagos!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by mannyiyke: 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
excell12go: The difference between the winner and the first runner-up is just too wide. I don't think it can be bridged.
Anyways, I'll b lieing if I say I'm not happy with the result. I just hope my fellow Yorubas on this forum(who are always fond of APC dis, APC dat) will shut their mouths and go to sleep.
APC(Amalgamation of Political/Pathetic Criminals) isn't in any way better than the ruling party. They should better forget about 2015.
I can tell u conclusively that if this election had been free and fair, Ngige wld have won with a wide margin. I can also tell u dat if the supplementary election will be free and fair, i foresee Ngige winning or there'll be a run-off election b/w Ngige and Obiano 'cos the cancelled votes all came from Idemili North and south LGAs.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by Kingsley1000(m): 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
Nancydearie: This is the worst election in the history of mankind.APGA rigged election.They distributed money ranging from 20k to 100k to corp members to do away with result sheets and ballot boxes.APGA officials were busy sharing money to people on the day of election and police could not arrest them.Its a pity.I weep for the people of Anambra state for selling their birth right.Some people are ignorant and thats why they die of ignorance.Am still wondering why some people are saying that NGIGE is in the wrong party,is it personality or party u are voting.Why is peter obi bent on making sure that obiano succeeds him by distributing millions of naira everywhere he goes.He has skeleton in his cupboard
....nigeria! But eh,wat's the meaning of nigeria.pls someone should enlighten me
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by alexchiny: 4:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
Nancydearie: This is the worst election in the history of mankind.APGA rigged election.They distributed money ranging from 20k to 100k to corp members to do away with result sheets and ballot boxes.APGA officials were busy sharing money to people on the day of election and police could not arrest them.Its a pity.I weep for the people of Anambra state for selling their birth right.Some people are ignorant and thats why they die of ignorance.Am still wondering why some people are saying that NGIGE is in the wrong party,is it personality or party u are voting.Why is peter obi bent on making sure that obiano succeeds him by distributing millions of naira everywhere he goes.He has skeleton in his cupboard

Stop lamenting kid! I have 2 questions for you:

1. List 4 things Ngige achieved as our Governor for 3 years.
2. List his achievements as a Senator for almost 3 years. (Not VIP Toilets oo)
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by fatadis: 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
[quote author=alexchiny][/quote]

You should direct that question to your brothers selling okirika everywhere.
I can see that you are one of them, bunch of arrogant, disrespectful and racist fellows.
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by mannyiyke: 4:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
ezedolar: So after all said and done Apc did not even come second
Stop saying that. Ngige wld have won d election convincingly if it had not been rigged. Both fee dee fee and agulu people's grass alliance paid and coerced voters to vote for them. When are we going to get it right in this country? I've lost absolute confidence in govt resolve to get it right in this country! We don't practise what we preach. I'm totally disappointed in INEC.
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by mannyiyke: 4:56pm On Nov 18, 2013
moodswing: I don't understand why the only people having problem with the outcome of this election aren't Anambra people but the Yorubas.

Anambra voted who they wanted. And outsiders are opposing their choice.

We live in a nation of retards and hypocrites. Even the re-run will still produce Obiano. The difference between 113000 and 79000 is just 34000.

They never voted for their choice. The election was rigged!
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by Balkan(m): 4:58pm On Nov 18, 2013
The rescheduled election in the 62 polling units in Obosi ward, Idemili North local government area of Anambra witnessed low turnout of voters across the area yesterday. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) could not conduct the exercise in the area on Saturday as result of some challenges.

Daily Sun observed that a combined team of army, police and State Security Service, SSS operatives positioned their vehicles including an Armoured Personnel Carrier, APC, with Registration No: NPF8215C with stern looking security men in the area. The heavy security presence did not go down well with Obosi youths, who demanded that the security should be withdrawn.

In Obosi Town Hall, accreditation began in the four polling units located there at 9.30am when INEC officials arrived the polling centres. However, the youths in polling unit No 007 at Obosi Town hall said the presence of security agents was responsible for the low turnout of voters.

At Umuota Primary school with four polling units of 013, 018, 047 and 048 accreditation could not start as at 10.30am because the INEC officials in the two polling units did not come on time.

Similarly, at Odume layout, Obosi with a large population, accreditation began by 9.am and voting started by 12 Noon. Though there was low turnout of voters.

At Redemption Primary school, Ilo-Okoye-Odume layout, voting started by 1 pm in 029, 056, 030, 035, 029, 057 and 058 polling centres. Counting of votes began immediately by 2pm when it became obvious that all the voters who wanted to cast their votes had done so.

During the counting, it was observed that the candidates of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Senator Chris Ngige and the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, candidate, Chief Willie Obiano were running neck to neck in all the polling centres.

At Ilo-Okoye polling centres, APC got the highest number of valid votes cast while APGA came trailing very close with over 48 per cent.

At polling unit 029, APC got 36, APGA came second with 28, PDP and Labour Parties got 5 and 4 votes respectively. Also at the Redemption primary school, Ilo-Okoye, APC got 14, APGA, 11 votes.

Other results as recorded yesterday disclosed that at 059 polling unit, APGA got 9 votes, APC got 14, PDP got 4 and Labour Party got 1 votes. In 058 polling unit, APGA and APC shared the spoils with APC getting 16 and APGA got 11 votes while APC got 5 votes and APGA got 4 votes in 059 in Odume layout.

Tweet
Pin It
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by mannyiyke: 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
caseless: 99700 votes cancelled were frm idemili north and over 600 votes frm idemili south? How can sumbody say ngige lost in dz election? With dz huge number frm apc stronghold, i believe ngige was robbed. I foresee a re-run btw d 3 guys.
I agree totally with u. Ngige did not lose the election. He was shortchanged by the apga rigging machinery.
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by highmood(m): 5:08pm On Nov 18, 2013
I see APGA merging with PDP before 2015 election.
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by mannyiyke: 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
caseless: Ngige is a dogged fighter, but i respect tony nwoye; that youngman is rigid. Think what wld hav happened if he had started his campaign earlier. He's great!
Ngige shall carry d day ; dz is how we injured dora last time in 2011.
Forget Nwoye. He didn't genuinely get those votes. Like apga, he also bribed the voters and rigged in some areas. Far from being an Ngige supporter, he(Ngige) is the only person that can win convincingly without rigging an election. This is a repeat of what Peter Obi did in 2010. He rigged d election that was won by Ngige.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by mannyiyke: 5:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
politician:

i will indulge you with a reply based on the connotation that your moniker corresponds to your level of reasoning.......

I am not trying to weep up sentiment, just telling you the basic fact, some of us know these things better and i think you should read and understand before abusing people.

i am not saying that NGIGE has to win or APC has to claim anambra, just analyzing issues. Why did PDP hail the results immediately just as they did in Ondo state, the national secretariat is not interested in garnering more states, just maintain the status quo for another neighbour-to_neighbor campaign and if that strikes a vein in your head, then i dont owe you an apology..

its a fair political strategy but at the expenses of the electorates...... some dont get to vote and votes get inflated to achieve this aim.

In politics, all is fair, rough play is part of the game. The rule is dont get caught.

If you cant win an election, you rig.

if you cant rig, get someone to rig for you.

i repeat, fair and square.... NGIGE won.

Sentiments gets the better of us sometimes, its excusable but not justifiable... the ostrich effect.
@ Politician, well done for that piece - 'i repeat, fair and square.... NGIGE won'. Truth is bitter but i thank God dat u said it bluntly to d disgrace of those pple whose minds were warped and beclouded by ethnic sentiments.
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
[/quote]During the counting, it was observed that the candidates of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Senator Chris Ngige and the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, candidate, Chief Willie Obiano were running neck to neck in all the polling centres.

At Ilo-Okoye polling centres, APC got the highest number of valid votes cast while APGA came trailing very close with over 48 per cent.

At polling unit 029, APC got 36, APGA came second with 28, PDP and Labour Parties got 5 and 4 votes respectively. Also at the Redemption primary school, Ilo-Okoye, APC got 14, APGA, 11 votes. [quote]

To think that this is Ngige's so-called stronghold!!! Lol How does he intend to win the supplementary election.
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by oscarlim: 6:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
pls tell me c an jega hold an election in kastina one friday. and our so called Governor accepted to vote on sunday while people supose to go to church and called him self christian. Mr Tukur Obi. him nd badluck hav cause a problm n Anambra cos of 2 015 selfish intrest
Re: Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive by Vic2u(m): 7:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
Sagytarius: Some arithmetics don't add up in this article.

Paragraph 5 states:

While paragraph 7 states :

89,997+636=90,633.
So where is the 113,113 from paragraph 5 obtained from?

Paragraph 5 states:

89,997+636=90,633.
The number of registered voters from the area that was cancel is 113,133
Paragraph 5 states:

89,997+636=90,633.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Trailer Drivers Still Driving During Daytime In Lagos / Nigerian Army Parades In Hausa Language - Video / Thugs Loyal To APC Chairman Brutalise PDP Members During Osun West By-election(p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.