Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,415 members, 7,853,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:23 AM

Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) - Properties (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) (38569 Views)

It's Wise To Rent A House During Rainy Season In Lagos (photo) / Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. / Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by bebe2(f): 8:40am On Jul 13, 2014
spyder880:

Average price for wooden door frames is N2500

Ok tnk u.

how about the doors.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 9:11am On Jul 13, 2014
bebe2:

Ok tnk u.

how about the doors.

So many different types, from N4,500 to 18000.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by vivienbabe(f): 3:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
emma2002: Almost missed class...Please where did the thread on the 1 room apartment in Enugu go. Remember we were awaiting the final cost as well as idea on rents. Kindly revert

Talking about this?
https://www.nairaland.com/1521534/investing-properties-rent-case-study

Hajji M.

oga Spyder,

Concerning this project, my husband and I have plans for a similar thing at Rivers state, Obigbo precisely. We also have a piece of land at Enugu. I live in Obigbo. Every info about this house will be of immense help 2 to us as i'd like to know the progress you've made in the renting. What are the constraints if any, because am deliberating b/w Obigbo and Enugu?

How many of the units in this house have u rented out so far (this would help us understand the demand) and at what rate per unit? Were u able to achieve the "minimum 8,000 naira a month to 100K a year" you promised? I remember reading that in one of the lost pages. It's so nice a project in my view.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
vivienbabe:

oga Spyder,

Concerning this project, my husband and I have plans for a similar thing at Rivers state, Obigbo precisely. We also have a piece of land at Enugu. I live in Obigbo. Every info about this house will be of immense help 2 to us as i'd like to know the progress you've made in the renting. What are the constraints if any, because am deliberating b/w Obigbo and Enugu?

How many of the units in this house have u rented out so far (this would help us understand the demand) and at what rate per unit? Were u able to achieve the "minimum 8,000 naira a month to 100K a year" you promised? I remember reading that in one of the lost pages. It's so nice a project in my view.

Between Obigbo and Enugu is almost the same conditions, especially Enugu outskirts. We are moving in the renting of this house but there are some complaints from would be renters. I have many people coming but they have been complaining about the small space left after we converted the room to include a toilet/bath.

One unit has been paid for and occupied, now the landlord wants me to modify the plans like this. .........

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 5:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
Our plan is to break down the separating wall and remove the connecting door, turn the two rooms into one large room and retouch the walls , now renting as one big room with inbuilt toilet and bathroom.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 5:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
Now on this side, I am planning to remove the wall of the second room, remove the window and now build another wall on top of the balcony dwarf wall, placing the window on the balcony and now enlarging the second room. The balcony will not exist on the second room, only on the first room. The toilet and bathroom will still be inside the second room, we are just working to expand the space inside the rooms.

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by mufutau55(m): 5:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
The adjustments are very interesting.. following this with my eyes wide open. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by kostadinis: 6:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
This is an interesting development and a good decision.
The good thing is that there is room for the adjustments.
A little more spending for the Landlord though, but I believe he will come out of it satisfied.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by vivienbabe(f): 12:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
spyder880:
I have many people coming but they have been complaining about the small space left after we converted the rooms to include a toilet/bath........
Anyways the good news is that the demand is there and the current setback is a minor and temporary one. Many people coming to ask for the renting is encouraging. It has made me to believe that the land we have at Amorji Nike was valuable. Keep being the gentleman you are.

Don't forget to show the pictures of the remodelling as they progress. I'll now sit back and meditate between Obigbo and Enugu. I wish u God's guidance.

1 Like

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 5:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
The modifications on the left side.

2 Likes

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
We now have light here, up NEPA! grin

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by kostadinis: 7:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
spyder
r880:

The modifications on the left side.
Good progress. The expansion is coming out beautifully
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by Shine1177: 10:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
Good job. The modification makes it look better.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by peaceland(m): 9:49am On Jul 30, 2014
Oga Spyder are you saying the room is 3metres by 3 metres (i.e 9.84 * 9.84 feet!!!)
obviously it will not have a wardrobe if that is the case
if not - just pardon me; novice builder!
spyder880: Some lovely bq designs we are planning to use in some of our future projects.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by Onuokwu: 10:45am On Jul 30, 2014
spyder880:

Between Obigbo and Enugu is almost the same conditions, especially Enugu outskirts. We are moving in the renting of this house but there are some complaints from would be renters. I have many people coming but they have been complaining about the small space left after we converted the room to include a toilet/bath.

One unit has been paid for and occupied, now the landlord wants me to modify the plans like this. .........

Fair enough....landlord has to deliver what tenants want. This is going to cost extra in terms of breaking the walls, damaged blocks, additional workmanship etc. I recommend that for fellow novice building student like me, if you see room dimensions on paper and you no fit understand the size for real life, you better buy a tape and measure a real room to decide if the dimension on paper is good enough for your purpose.

A little informal market survey no go bad especially if you dey build for otehrs to come live....
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by vivienbabe(f): 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
[quote I have many people coming but they have been complaining about the small space left after we converted the room to include a toilet/bath.

.......[/quote]
Oga Spyder, to be honest, these rooms even without the inbuilt toilets are very small. I and my husband saw this from the beginning but thought the pictures made the rooms look smaller. How right we were with our earlier observation.
It will not be out of context to blame you for this being the person that sketched this plan for your client. Just thinking how he will feel bearing the cost alone. Well....we are not perfect beings Shaa. It shall end well, I believe.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 1:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
[quote author=vivienbabe][/quote]

The complain was on the room with inbuilt toilet, not on the other room. The way the room was sketched is the normal size for all other single rooms in the area. I have some rooms like that and they are filled with tenants.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by emma2002(m): 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
Well done boss...

1 Like

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 7:55pm On Aug 07, 2014
We are still modifying these apartments but guess what, the guy that paid rent for a unit today asked that we leave his own as it is. He does not need his own touched.

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by Onuokwu: 8:39am On Aug 08, 2014
spyder880: We are still modifying these apartments but guess what, the guy that paid rent for a unit today asked that we leave his own as it is. He does not need his own touched.

Okay. Finished product will turn out ok. It does look however that the row of rooms will have different designs. I guess functionality is the key thing.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by ekoibile: 10:44am On Aug 08, 2014
Onuokwu:

Okay. Finished product will turn out ok. It does look however that the row of rooms will have different designs. I guess functionality is the key thing.
Spyder don turn to Sura de Tailor, if u want bongo trouser him go sow am for you jejee. Mini skirt nko, prof. Spyder be expert oh!
Wallahi, me i just dey pity de oga abi na madam wey get dis house.
Even the PVC of the eaves of this house don soak rain water finish. Make una enlarge de last picture, take a look at the PVC on the left side towards the gate.
So much waste meeeehn!
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 11:20am On Aug 08, 2014
ekoibile:
Spyder don turn to Sura de Tailor, if u want bongo trouser him go sow am for you jejee. Mini skirt nko, prof. Spyder be expert oh!
Even the PVC of the eaves of this house don soak rain water finish. Make una enlarge de last picture, take a look at the PVC on the left side towards the gate.
So much waste meeeehn!

Soaked by rain water? No sir that's reflections from the glass windows thrown at the PVC ceilings, you are just seeing the mirage grin grin grin. You might need your optician to arrange a new glass for you Sir, welcome all the same. cheesy
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by PeoplesArmy: 2:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
Initially it looked like a house being demolished but now it is looking better. Oga Spyder, do you normally restore old houses? Do you have a thread on any of that type of work, with before and after pictures?
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by mufutau55(m): 2:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
spyder880: We are still modifying these apartments but guess what, the guy that paid rent for a unit today asked that we leave his own as it is. He does not need his own touched.

Oga Spyder, if I was the owner, I would have made all the rooms/flat uniformed. I like the idea of the expanded rooms because I believe you don't need too much verandah space anyway, I mean base on the size of the rooms/flats.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by mufutau55(m): 2:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
spyder880:

Soaked by rain water? No sir that's reflections from the glass windows thrown at the PVC ceilings, you are just seeing the mirage grin grin grin. You might need your optician to arrange a new glass for you Sir, welcome all the same. cheesy

You don't even need to reply because of the tone of the guy's message. See my other response to him in another one of your thread.
Spyder, can you spell BBBBAAAANNNNNEEEEEDDDD, because I can't. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by kostadinis: 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
ekoibile:
So much waste meeeehn!

You're just one of those mischevious human beings but you'll leave here empty handed, you're in the wrong section.

1 Like

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 5:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
Dressing the modifications

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 5:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
The tenant that lives in one of the units is begging to be transferred to this modified units.

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by mufutau55(m): 6:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
spyder880: The tenant that lives in one of the units is begging to be transferred to this modified units.

More reason I said the rooms should have been made the same to be universal. They have just started seeing the beauty of it when you are finished.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by kostadinis: 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
spyder880: The tenant that lives in one of the units is begging to be transferred to this modified units.
Chief Spyder, I guess the expanded units will be rented at a higher cost. If that is the case, will the increase affect this old tenant who's requesting to be transferred? I mean paying the difference..... to recoup some of the extra expenses?

1 Like

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 2:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
Dressing the window modifications before a touch of paint.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic: Champagne Pearl Tower - 30 Floors & Black Pearl Tower / Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.