Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Yoruba Engagement And Wedding In The US~ Guidance Needed! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Engagement And Wedding In The US~ Guidance Needed! (601 Views)

Common Yoruba Traditional Wedding Engagement List / The Uselessness Of White Wedding In African Societies!!! / How Would I Go About Having A Yoruba Engagement In My Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Engagement And Wedding In The US~ Guidance Needed! by MissKemi: 8:13am On Nov 18, 2013
I am new to this forum, but I am hoping that you will lend me your knowledge!

First of all, so far it has been very complicated finding a venue that will accommodate all of the phases of my wedding (with ample time for each portion). Now, I am having trouble trying to plan my wedding with these limitations in mind. Most importantly, I want to hold a proper Yoruba Engagement Ceremony and Wedding, followed by a reception. However, although I am familiar with many of the traditions, but there are some (such as the tasting ceremony) that I'd like to know how to successfully include...

From those with experience, could you please tell me how long it takes to conduct a Yoruba Engagement and Wedding (if combined)? What ceremonies did you include and where can I find more information about them? I have been unable to locate a exceptionally detailed resource that documents all of the steps. What do I need to prepare?

Another thing.... is it worth trying to fit the church wedding in on the same day? We were thinking of bypassing the church wedding and doing in the next year as a "re-dedication".

We currently have everything planned like this~
Day I: Introduction
Day II: Nigerian Engagement and Wedding (4-5 Hours)
Cocktail Hour (1 Hour)
Reception (4 Hours)

PS. Has anyone read this book? Was it helpful?
http://www.amazon.com/Yoruba-Traditional-Engagement-Ceremony-Step-By-Step/dp/097073199X/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ac_2/182-8476741-9498600

Thank you for your time!
Re: Yoruba Engagement And Wedding In The US~ Guidance Needed! by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 18, 2013
Don't fetch far, that's what my mum does, here is her phone number and bb pin and her complementary card below. 08033184430. 25AD4522.
Call and tell her Ayus gave u her number and explain everything to her.

Re: Yoruba Engagement And Wedding In The US~ Guidance Needed! by MissKemi: 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2013
Thank you, I will be sure to keep her in mind! I am grateful for your help.
Re: Yoruba Engagement And Wedding In The US~ Guidance Needed! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
UWC
MissKemi: Thank you, I will be sure to keep her in mind! I am grateful for your help.
Re: Yoruba Engagement And Wedding In The US~ Guidance Needed! by macof(m): 7:07am On Nov 21, 2013
Your parents and family elders should show u the way
Re: Yoruba Engagement And Wedding In The US~ Guidance Needed! by timsbee(f): 3:04am On Nov 22, 2013
Try 2 consult ppl knwn as alaga iduro nd alaga ijoko. Dey wil help u.

(1) (Reply)

Kilode Ti Won Fi Bi Jesu Si Ibuje Eran? / Mobile Revolution Aiding Moral Decay - Joseph F Udoh / Society!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.