Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,557 members, 7,861,640 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:05 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner: FUTA - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner: FUTA (2917 Views)

LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY / UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB / OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner: FUTA by will007: 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
Please wait patiently while we analyse the result before posting them
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner: FUTA by Miscellaneous(m): 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
First Judge Assessment

For King94
1. Presentation=3
2. Logic of arguments= 2.5
3. Strenght of facts, examples, cases= 2
4. Persuasiveness= 3
5. Demonstration of knowledge and
understanding of the subject= 3
TOTAL= 13.5 out of 25

Niyi20
1. Presentation= 2
2. Logic of arguments= 2
3. Strenght of facts, examples, cases=1
4. Persuasiveness= 1
understanding of the subject= 2
TOTAL: 8 out of 25
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner: FUTA by Miscellaneous(m): 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
Second Judge Assessment

For King94
1. Presentation= 4
2. Logic of arguments= 3.5
3. Strenght of facts, examples, cases= 4
4. Persuasiveness= 3.5
understanding of the subject= 4
TOTAL 19 out of 25

Niyi20
1. Presentation= 3
2. Logic of arguments= 3
3. Strenght of facts, examples, cases= 3.5
4. Persuasiveness=3
understanding of the subject= 3.5
TOTAL: 16 out of 25
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner: FUTA by Miscellaneous(m): 4:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
combining the scores,we have

1. Presentation=12
2. Logic of arguments= 11
3. Strenght of facts, examples, cases= 10.5
4. Persuasiveness =10.5
understanding of the subject =12.5
TOTAL: 56.5 out of 100
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner: FUTA by king94(m): 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
56.5/100. Hmmmn. Thanks to the judges for their assessment. We shall improve if we qualify for the next round.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner: FUTA by Miscellaneous(m): 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
judges can now make statements about the debate
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner: FUTA by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
king94: 56.5/100. Hmmmn. Thanks to the judges for their assessment. We shall improve if we qualify for the next round.

We still have a lot to work on
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner: FUTA by Obinoscopy(m): 4:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
king94: 56.5/100. Hmmmn. Thanks to the judges for their assessment. We shall improve if we qualify for the next round.
You guys obviously need to improve on your piece.

Your presentation was just average while that of Niyi was below average. Niyi needs to work on his grammatical structure and spellings. He should note that although grammatical structure was not listed as one of the scoring criteria, it has an effect on the overall score.

Nevertheless, I'm impress with the your use of examples and case scenarios to buttress your point. It made your debate very rich and interesting to read by both the judges and the audience.

Niyi's work was very scanty and less persuasive. I'm presuming he has more to offer but decided to mellow on realising his team had no opponent. I sincerely hope he brings out his talent in the next round if he qualifies.

So conclusively, I'll say weldone guys. You guys tried but you guys can do much better.

Regards,
Obinoscopy

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner: FUTA by Miscellaneous(m): 4:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
Debate has ended.

thread now open for normal comments
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner: FUTA by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 29, 2013
Obinoscopy: You guys obviously need to improve on your piece.

Your presentation was just average while that of Niyi was below average. Niyi needs to work on his grammatical structure and spellings. He should note that although grammatical structure was not listed as one of the scoring criteria, it has an effect on the overall score.

Nevertheless, I'm impress with the your use of examples and case scenarios to buttress youri point. It made your debate very rich and interesting to read by both the judges and the audience.

Niyi's work was very scanty and less persuasive. I'm presuming he has more to offer but decided to mellow on realising his team had no opponent. I sincerely hope he brings out his talent in the next round if he qualifies.

So conclusively, I'll say weldone guys. You guys tried but you guys can do much better.

Regards,
Obinoscopy

Ok
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner: FUTA by Fynestboi: 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
Standing...
RANKING

DELSU 78
UI 73
FUTA 56
UNIJOS 0
NDU
UNN
UNIBEN
FUNAAB
OAU
KSU
NU
ABU ZARIA
IMSU
FUTMINNA
UNILAG
LAUTECH
LASU
AAUA
OSUSTECH
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner: FUTA by king94(m): 6:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
To my partner, niyi20, I'm proud of ur contribution to d debate. To obinoscopy, I salute u.Thanks 4 ur critique. To alutacontinua nd davo93, thanks also for pushing us all d way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Universities Have Horrible Courses? / Photo: Nigerian Kids Go To School Naked In 1952 / Nigerian Medical Student In Ukraine Commits Suicide After School Expelled Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.