Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,689 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Arise O Sleeping Giants - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Arise O Sleeping Giants (650 Views)

Sleeping With My Step-mum Seems To Be My Only Chance For Survival / Lawyers Lounge===court~arise / Picture Of Security Guard Sleeping On Duty! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arise O Sleeping Giants by naijagraduates: 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
Just now ยท
The future belongs to those who believes in the beauty of their dreams. Let's come togetheir as we inaugurate Edo, Delta, Anambra and Imo.
Arise o compatriots to the clarion call,
Arise o sleeping giants
Its time to turn from spectators into paricipants
Support Association Of Nigerian Graduates Against Unemployment today
It begins with YOU
Re: Arise O Sleeping Giants by Wendyslim(f): 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
Together we stand divided we fall. Let's all work towards achieving dis goal cos Rome was not built in a day.
Re: Arise O Sleeping Giants by nickalams: 10:43pm On Nov 18, 2013
Am goin 2 be there cus we hav 2 take d bull by d horn cus we re tired of dis dirty games dt d Govt is playin with us cus dnt kia abt Nigeria Graduate on d street all they are Concern abt is their family and nuffin matters 2 d Nigeria 0politicians than its selfish Interest of Cheat and Deciet,so let's rise up from our Slumber enuf is enuf thanks my fellow Graduate
Re: Arise O Sleeping Giants by seresearch: 11:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
I wish to applaud this effort. But, let me make it very clear that unemployment is a thing of the mind and never a reality. Wait! Read this through before you start crucifying me for my discordant tune. Unemployment is one of the dead carcasses of history. If you can come to grips with the realities of the moment, you will be ashamed to even mention unemployment. Why? If you understand the rationale, employment is all about being useful to someone and getting paid for it. For example, Seun Osewa (the founder of Nairaland) has created this service that is useful to you and me, and tell me why he could ever think of seeking job anywhere on earth. In the real sense, therefore, there will be real unemployment the moment people stop having needs and wants. But, since that is a total impossibility (that human needs and wants no longer exist), then the word 'unemployment' is clearly another way of saying 'a lack of idea', 'a lack of will' or plain laziness.

And, come to think of it! Instead of founding nairaland, Seun could have been there waiting for a government that doesn't exist to employ him. I can imagine the hassles he underwent in 2005 when Nairaland first came on board through 2006. But he stood his ground. Today (in 8 years, that is) he has one of the country's hugest foreign exchange earners and image makers (NL is 1,008 out of billions of websites globally!). A mentality where we wait to be employed (like a woman waiting to be married) should therefore be removed far from us. It is a mentality we inherited from an evil past that has been the undoing of Africa (from our colonial masters) where we were treated like dogs that must be fed before it eats. It has finally led to the 'squandermania' we are experiencing where someone wants to reap where he didn't sow. It is laughable that someone says he is seeking jobs, but when he is given the job, he/she begins to indulge in truancy. No, he wasn't a job seeker in the first place, only a pay seeker.

There is always a way where there is a will especially in the world of the internet. That saying of Napoleon Hill's that whatever you can conceive and believe, you can achieve, has become all the truer with the internet economy. You can safely say that with the internet, anything can happen. What makes this internet-based economy so awesome is that you don't need any special background (such as being a surgeon) or have any special wealth (such as oil wells or real estate) bequeathed to you to make it to the topmost echelon of the economy. In fact - one day you will say I said it - in the contemporary economy, people who have these conventional riches behind them are becoming the new world's poorest people. 'So the last will be first, and the first will be last' (Mathew 20:16). And before you begin to think 'you are right but it is not easy to come up with winning ideas' wait: You don't need grandiose ideas; all you need is the will, the never-yielding determination to succeed. If you do, you will see that 'there's many a burning bush where you thought was only a dry shrubbery' as Aelred Squire would say. For instance, look at this Nairaland post that clearly shows anyone how you can begin with absolute zero and start earning up to seven hundred thousand naira (N700,000) monthly with unbelievable ease:https://www.nairaland.com/1509794/500naira-networking-earners-club-scam.

Exactly how the money will come has been made clear with screenshot proofs. Tell me now, anything that can stand in anybody's way to success here if not a mind that dreams low. Even if you have more impactful idea, this could be an easy way to get it sponsored without going to the banks or the need to stoop to boot licking. Where then is unemployment? 'Oh unemployment, where is thy sting? Oh, joblessness, where is thy victory?' (cf. 1 Corinthians 15:55). A word is enough for a wise.
Re: Arise O Sleeping Giants by Johnsonpac(m): 7:19am On Nov 19, 2013
Re: Arise O Sleeping Giants by naijagraduates: 10:48am On Nov 19, 2013
Very good write up I must admit but remember not everyone has the opportunity of access to financing their ideas. I am a good example of one, I never imagined I could search for job cos immediately after graduation, I went into bizness. Unfortunately 3 yrs back I experienced some challenges which affected my biz and was thrown into labour market.I have ideas but no capital to finance it, what becomeS of me. The enviroment is not enabling to encourage upcoming enterpreneurs. Funds that are meant to creat opportunities for the masses is being cyphooned for personal gain. We re not asking for the govt to employ us in her ministries but let the govt use public funds to rebirth Agriculture and encourage industrialization and you ll see what Nigeria wiill become in 10 years
seresearch: I wish to applaud this effort. But, let me make it very clear that unemployment is a thing of the mind and never a reality. Wait! Read this through before you start crucifying me for my discordant tune. Unemployment is one of the dead carcasses of history. If you can come to grips with the realities of the moment, you will be ashamed to even mention unemployment. Why? If you understand the rationale, employment is all about being useful to someone and getting paid for it. For example, Seun Osewa (the founder of Nairaland) has created this service that is useful to you and me, and tell me why he could ever think of seeking job anywhere on earth. In the real sense, therefore, there will be real unemployment the moment people stop having needs and wants. But, since that is a total impossibility (that human needs and wants no longer exist), then the word 'unemployment' is clearly another way of saying 'a lack of idea', 'a lack of will' or plain laziness.

And, come to think of it! Instead of founding nairaland, Seun could have been there waiting for a government that doesn't exist to employ him. I can imagine the hassles he underwent in 2005 when Nairaland first came on board through 2006. But he stood his ground. Today (in 8 years, that is) he has one of the country's hugest foreign exchange earners and image makers (NL is 1,008 out of billions of websites globally!). A mentality where we wait to be employed (like a woman waiting to be married) should therefore be removed far from us. It is a mentality we inherited from an evil past that has been the undoing of Africa (from our colonial masters) where we were treated like dogs that must be fed before it eats. It has finally led to the 'squandermania' we are experiencing where someone wants to reap where he didn't sow. It is laughable that someone says he is seeking jobs, but when he is given the job, he/she begins to indulge in truancy. No, he wasn't a job seeker in the first place, only a pay seeker.

There is always a way where there is a will especially in the world of the internet. That saying of Napoleon Hill's that whatever you can conceive and believe, you can achieve, has become all the truer with the internet economy. You can safely say that with the internet, anything can happen. What makes this internet-based economy so awesome is that you don't need any special background (such as being a surgeon) or have any special wealth (such as oil wells or real estate) bequeathed to you to make it to the topmost echelon of the economy. In fact - one day you will say I said it - in the contemporary economy, people who have these conventional riches behind them are becoming the new world's poorest people. 'So the last will be first, and the first will be last' (Mathew 20:16). And before you begin to think 'you are right but it is not easy to come up with winning ideas' wait: You don't need grandiose ideas; all you need is the will, the never-yielding determination to succeed. If you do, you will see that 'there's many a burning bush where you thought was only a dry shrubbery' as Aelred Squire would say. For instance, look at this Nairaland post that clearly shows anyone how you can begin with absolute zero and start earning up to seven hundred thousand naira (N700,000) monthly with unbelievable ease:https://www.nairaland.com/1509794/500naira-networking-earners-club-scam.

Exactly how the money will come has been made clear with screenshot proofs. Tell me now, anything that can stand in anybody's way to success here if not a mind that dreams low. Even if you have more impactful idea, this could be an easy way to get it sponsored without going to the banks or the need to stoop to boot licking. Where then is unemployment? 'Oh unemployment, where is thy sting? Oh, joblessness, where is thy victory?' (cf. 1 Corinthians 15:55). A word is enough for a wise.

(1) (Reply)

.. / Make Money As A Student / Havard University Scholarship Or Dangote's P.A?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.