Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,159 members, 7,829,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Defend Catholic Teachings Here - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Defend Catholic Teachings Here (21742 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On / Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 12:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
woky: lol grin

exactly my problm wit him

i dnt want him to cry dats y i stop quoting his post

I hate deceit, simple !
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 12:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
Enigma: @ Zikky

I get what you are trying to say to truthislight but I have a question.

Does one himself have to be "infallible" to say that the Roman Catholic "pope" is not "infallible"?

For example can a person who is not infallible not say that a Roman Catholic "pope" who says the below when compared with the Bible --- cannot be infallible?

"Infallible" "pope"

"... after Christ, we find in Mary the end of the law and the fulfillment of the figures and oracles."

versus

Romans 10:4

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes."

smiley

Ask him o.

It takes one who has swallowed that lie to defend it.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Zikkyy(m): 12:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
shdemidemi:
All I am saying is, God never promised He will speak to any man today (not even the pope), not even through the Holy Spirit.

so when i have dreams that becomes reality, you don't think its from God

shdemidemi:
But through the Word of God we can all know what He had said hence we can latch on to what had been said and not what is to be said.

again it comes down to the matter of interpretation (of the word of God). The written word is there and is always the same. how we interpret is a different matter. If you say God speak to us through the word, then i will say God can very well speak to the Pope. It's left for the Pope to either allow God guide him in the interpretation/processing of what he reads or reject God and do it his way. I think the issue here is determining the decision of the Pope. Are we in a position to do that and say with 100% confidence that the Pope rejected the Almighty? to do that, we have to believe we are correct or we cannot be wrong, and you know what that means.......infallibility grin
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 12:26pm On Nov 28, 2013
Zikkyy:

Thats not what am saying. my question is this: who decides the car that will be involved in a collision?

I agree. how do we identify the person speaking the truth? when they are all quoting/interpreting the scripture (as they see it, maybe) and we on our part also processing their interpretations as want to understand it. so who is heading in the wrong direction?

What did the Bareans do that they were set as a model and recommended ?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 12:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
Zikkyy:

Nairaland grin

Hehehehe. You dont say, now, read your bible o.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 12:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

We identify who is saying the truth by going back to the scriptures to verify what anyone says.

Thank you.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Zikkyy(m): 12:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
Does one himself have to be "infallible" to say that the Roman Catholic "pope" is not "infallible"?

For example can a person who is not infallible not say that a Roman Catholic "pope" who says the below when compared with the Bible --- cannot be infallible?

"Infallible" "pope"

"... after Christ, we find in Mary the end of the law and the fulfillment of the figures and oracles."

versus

Romans 10:4

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes."

You know my position on Papal infallibility. i believe i have stated that in the past, but....

..it can only be an opinion. your/my interpretation.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 12:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
Zikkyy:

You know my position on Papal infallibility. i believe i have stated that in the past, but....

I can't remember; maybe it is better you remind us all. smiley

Zikkyy: ..it can only be an opinion. your/my interpretation.

Just like whatever interpretation a "pope" makes is his own opinion. So, why does he have to declare those who see things differently --- anathema? grin

smiley
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Zikkyy(m): 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
shdemidemi:
We identify who is saying the truth by going back to the scriptures to verify what anyone says.

achievable if am saying "the scriptures says so & so...". you cannot truly validate my interpretation, you can only come back with your own version/interpretation of the scriptures. though its possible your interpretation will make more sense.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 12:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

Do you know that according to the Roman Catholic Church denomination and its "popes" no individual is supposed to interpret the Bible. Every one must agree to whatever the "pope" and the RCC says or beeeee, again you guessed it, --- anathema! wink

smiley
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by shdemidemi(m): 12:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
Zikkyy:

1) your dream is unique to you, it is not a standard hence it can't be substituted for the TRUTH

2) the devil can also give you dreams that become reality

3) Muslims and Hindus n other religions have these experiences too.

Zikkyy:
again it comes down to the matter of interpretation (of the word of God). The written word is there and is always the same. how we interpret is a different matter. If you say God speak to us through the word, then i will say God can very well speak to the Pope. It's left for the Pope to either allow God guide him in the interpretation/processing of what he reads or reject God and do it his way. I think the issue here is determining the decision of the Pope. Are we in a position to do that and say with 100% confidence that the Pope rejected the Almighty? to do that, we have to believe we are correct or we cannot be wrong, and you know what that means.......infallibility grin

Everyone have access to God the same way the Pope does. The word of God is new every day, so we get new revelations everyday as we study.

We are in a position to compare what anyone says with scriptures, if it does not align, then it isn't God speaking.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 12:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." (2 Corinthians 11:14).

Zikkyy:

the witch of Edor that king Saul of Israel consulted, her prophesy also came to pass, read it again.

Zikkyy:
again it comes down to the matter of interpretation (of the word of God). The written word is there and is always the same. how we interpret is a different matter. If you say God speak to us through the word, then i will say God can very well speak to the Pope. It's left for the Pope to either allow God guide him in the interpretation/processing of what he reads or reject God and do it his way. I think the issue here is determining the decision of the Pope.

Are we in a position to do that and say with 100% confidence that the Pope rejected the Almighty?
to do that, we have to believe we are correct or we cannot be wrong, and you know what that means.......infallibility grin

The bible is in a position to do that ^ on red.

And he is wrong on many counts, infact, he is a blonder and the worst thing that have ever happened to christianity and the cause of why christianity is like this today(the office). And his likes.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by shdemidemi(m): 12:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
Zikkyy:

achievable if am saying "the scriptures says so & so...". you cannot truly validate my interpretation, you can only come back with your own version/interpretation of the scriptures. though its possible your interpretation will make more sense.

If we always put God at the centre of what the scripture says, it will definitely be clearer. The problem with most people interpreting scripture is that they are moved by their lust or by what a certain person they reverence says.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 12:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
Zikkyy:

..it can only be an opinion. your/my interpretation.

From your post so far, you belief in papal infallibility.

If you feel i am wrong, restate your stand here let all see.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by italo: 12:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
adsonstone:

regarding the bold, I did not say that.

The fact still remains: God does not permit making 'graven images' as he taught in the Mosaic laws.

It is not a fact. It is what you think is fact.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Zikkyy(m): 12:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
truthislight:

"For we know in part, and we prophesy in part." (1 Corinthians 13:9).

"For we all stumble many times. If any man does not stumble in word, this one is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body." (James 3:2).

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" (Romans 3:10).

Not even the pope, if he says he is righteouse, christ ransom sacrifice is not for him.

More 'out of point' references grin i dey come for you. make i attend to my oga at the top for office.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by shdemidemi(m): 12:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
italo:

What is the fact?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 12:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
Zikkyy:

Your RCC is far worse, you dont have scriptures to show for most of what you do and say at all.

I have been asking ye all for just one here, to show scriptural evidence for your doctrine of "papal infallibility", but no scritural evidence for such a claim. Smh.

Of what use then is the bible ?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by italo: 12:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
99.9% of the non-Catholic Christians I meet say people interpreting scripture differently from them are interpreting wrongly. Only them and those who agree with them are interpreting correctly.

That is an 'infallible' declaration.

How are they so sure since they claim they are fallible.

Contradiction & hypocrisy!

1 Like

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 12:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
A person does not have to be infallible to recognise that the "pope" who said the below is not infallible anything but was talking through his backside! grin

"Infallible "pope"

“We declare, state, define and pronounce that it is altogether necessary to salvation for every human creature to be subject to the Roman pontiff. (‘Pope’ Boniface VIII, Unam Sanctam; statement made ex cathedra, thus ‘infallibly’!)

Versus

Jesus Christ

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by italo: 12:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
@ shdemidemi and Truthislight,

Why do you bother asking me questions?

I'm avoiding you because you have proved that you aren't interested in reason.

And I am not interested in a random senseless chatter with. Even animals have meanings for the seemingly meaningless sounds they make.

I cannot descend below the level of animals. If you have decided to do so, good luck.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by shdemidemi(m): 12:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
^^^ good luck
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 12:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
italo: 99.9% of the non-Catholic Christians I meet say people interpreting scripture differently from them are interpreting wrongly. Only them and those who agree with them are interpreting correctly.

That is an 'infallible' declaration.

How are they so sure since they claim they are fallible.

Contradiction & hypocrisy!

No be for mouth, tell them to show you from the scriptures like the Bareans did.

And you should have regard for the scriptures, the expressed will of God.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 12:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
Enigma: A person does not have to be infallible to recognise that the "pope" who said the below is not infallible anything but was talking through his backside! grin

"Infallible "pope"

“We declare, state, define and pronounce that it is altogether necessary to salvation for every human creature to be subject to the Roman pontiff. (‘Pope’ Boniface VIII, Unam Sanctam; statement made ex cathedra, thus ‘infallibly’!)

Versus

Jesus Christ

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

smiley

u funny
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by italo: 12:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
In order to say with certainty that another man is fallible, one has to be infallible.

Otherwise, how can one be sure?

Anti-Catholics! smiley
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 12:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
Even "animals" can be considered by some to be better than a "pope" who did the below to his predecessor ---- to a previous "pope". wink

Note this information is even taken from the Roman Catholic people's own encyclopaedia!

"Whether induced by evil passion or perhaps, more probably, compelled by the Emperor Lambert and his mother Ageltruda, he caused the body of Formosus to be exhumed, and in January, 897, to be placed before an unwilling synod of the Roman clergy. A deacon was appointed to answer for the deceased pontiff, who was condemned for performing the functions of a bishop when he had been deposed and for passing from the See of Porto to that of Rome. The corpse was then stripped of its sacred vestments, deprived of two fingers of its right hand, clad in the garb of a layman, and ultimately thrown into the Tiber. Fortunately it was not granted to Stephen to have time to do much else besides this atrocious deed. Before he was put to death by strangulation, he forced several of those who had been ordained by Formosus to resign their offices and he granted a few privileges to churches. "

cool

3 Likes

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 12:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
woky: u funny

^

very funny popes i tell yea.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 1:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
italo: In order to say with certainty that another man is fallible, one has to be infallible.

Otherwise, how can one be sure?

Anti-Catholics! smiley

Of what use is the bible ?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 1:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
woky: u funny

You never see funny. There are lots of other stuff that we can still point to.

You don see where Hippolytus finish two "popes" in one go in one place like that?

You don see where the Eastern "pope" Firmillian when writing to the "church father" Cyprian finished the Roman Catholic "pope"?

Person still dey bring bird come from pocket ......... grin

smiley
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 1:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
Enigma: Even "animals" can be considered by some to be better than a "pope" who did the below to his predecessor ---- to a previous "pope". wink

Note this information is even taken from the Roman Catholic people's own encyclopaedia!

"Whether induced by evil passion or perhaps, more probably, compelled by the Emperor Lambert and his mother Ageltruda, he caused the body of Formosus to be exhumed, and in January, 897, to be placed before an unwilling synod of the Roman clergy. A deacon was appointed to answer for the deceased pontiff, who was condemned for performing the functions of a bishop when he had been deposed and for passing from the See of Porto to that of Rome. The corpse was then stripped of its sacred vestments, deprived of two fingers of its right hand, clad in the garb of a layman, and ultimately thrown into the Tiber. Fortunately it was not granted to Stephen to have time to do much else besides this atrocious deed. Before he was put to death by strangulation, he forced several of those who had been ordained by Formosus to resign their offices and he granted a few privileges to churches. "

cool

And we call those ^ christ followers
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by adsonstone: 1:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
italo:

then whats the fact?

Images are not forbidden but they're permitted (infact, Inspired as you said earlier)...right?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 1:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
Enigma:

You never see funny. There are lots of other stuff that we can still point to.

You don see where Hippolytus finish two "popes" in one go in one place like that?

You don see where the Eastern "pope" Firmillian when writing to the "church father" Cyprian finished the Roman Catholic "pope"?

Person still dey bring bird come from pocket ......... grin

smiley

hehehehe.

Head of the church

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (33) (Reply)

Bishop Kola Onaolapo Is Dead / Where And How Can I Summon This Spirit? / There Is A War Of Attrition In Nigeria – Paul Enenche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.