Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Defend Catholic Teachings Here - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Defend Catholic Teachings Here (21766 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On / Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 9:35am On Nov 28, 2013
Syncan:

Ehen, now you need me to show you Christian laws, do Christians live under law now? I guess you just stumbled on this post, it will do you good to read and learn for now.

ok, you donk have evidence, right ?

Thank you.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 9:35am On Nov 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

You are now saying what I am saying- if I want nugget, I go to mc Donald's. If they are closed and Burger King is opened, I will go in there to get what I want.

Christians can't impose the truth on Roman Catholics, just as they can't impose it on witch doctors...SIMPLES!

And the real problem is that the idolatrous Roman Catholic Church wants other Christians to join it in its idolatry. When others refuse, it declares them ---- anathema. lol lol lol grin

So, who is trying to force something on others?

Who cannot bear it that others refuse to recognise its "authority" --- fraudulently claimed authority? grin

smiley
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Syncan(m): 9:35am On Nov 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

You sound like a Roman Catholic apologist. Go back and read why I made the statement sir. The bible explains the switch at birth, didn't it?
It is either you are a child of the spirit or of the flesh, which one are you?

A catholic apologist? Since when Did that stop being a good thing? That does not make the Israelites who made the cherubs children of Hagar while their father Isaac is not.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Zikkyy(m): 9:37am On Nov 28, 2013
Enigma:
They don't stop there: they insist that because they have this "infallibility", others must be false! So we expose their yansh and show that the emperor has no clothes.

They say because their "pope" has infallibility and is "successor of Peter", every Christian anywhere in the world must submit to their "pope". So we expose their yansh and show that the emperor has no clothes.

No wahala. I agree that nobody have the right to say other believers are false Christians.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by shdemidemi(m): 9:39am On Nov 28, 2013
italo:

If Church leaders are fallible, why should they be believed when they could be teaching error?

You are asking lazy questions, the Bible is infallible and that is what matter. If you believe it is the word of God(except you don't believe), why question the state of the writers?

You are more or less like Adam and Eve who took God's absolute statement for an uncertain statement hence they were led to errors. Stick to the instructions of scriptures. SIMPLES!
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 9:42am On Nov 28, 2013
Syncan:

A catholic apologist? Since when Did that stop being a good thing? That does not make the Israelites who made the cherubs children of Hagar while their father Isaac is not.

God commanded the Israelites to make cherubs, give evidence that God commanded you a christian to build images after he puts a stop to it.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 9:44am On Nov 28, 2013
Zikkyy:

No wahala. I agree that nobody have the right to say other believers are false Christians.

Bros, I'm glad you get my point. Imagine also saying others are anathema because they exercise a choice on what books they consider canonical or even fully canonical --- since many others even still see the Apocrypha (the 7 main) as somewhat useful!

Honestly, I don't like the idea that we are doing this (and apologies again to decent Roman Catholics) --- but my view is that it became necessary.

The lies, fraud and forgeries needed to be countered with facts.

smiley
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 9:45am On Nov 28, 2013
Zikkyy:

The bible shows what christians should do and not do, going contrary to what it says puts that person on error.

How did you come to know that animal sacrifice is not for christians ?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by italo: 9:48am On Nov 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

History! Spare me the history, I am not here to argue history but to make a statement that Christians believe the bible is infallible.
what is wrong in that statement? except you have an underlying agenda, the statement is true minus your inference.

Vain babblings again. You seem to think I am against your religion, I am not bro.

You dont want to talk about historical facts.

You dont want to reason logically.

You dont want to talk about scripture.

You just want to say anything that comes from your wild imagination.

Can you excuse us so that we can discuss with those who want to reason logically, talk about scripture and argue on fact?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Zikkyy(m): 9:50am On Nov 28, 2013
truthislight:
Did Yahweh appeared to their pope privately ?

Its possible he did. or you don't believe God can appear to the Pope

truthislight:
Let them show proof where Yahweh also directed them as he directed the Israelites and later ask them not to.

They should show proof and not presumptiouse acts, simple.

Which kin proof you want again? You want them to print another version of the bible as proof it was God's instruction?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by POPEII: 9:53am On Nov 28, 2013
NA wa oo, these heretics drink red bulls in the night? You no dey tire?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 9:56am On Nov 28, 2013
Zikkyy:

Its possible he did. or you don't believe God can appear to the Pope

"even though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."
(Galatians 1:8 ).
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Zikkyy(m): 9:58am On Nov 28, 2013
adsonstone:
No, those verses show that those people made images without God's command and God did not say anything about it.

...and what is the stuff you posted above telling you?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by italo: 9:58am On Nov 28, 2013
adsonstone:

is Syncan not a catholic?

Am I a JW?

Can we continue our discussion?

You guys said images are not forbidden.

...and you say every sculptor, artist, person who has a picture of anything is sinning? smiley

I would like for you to tell me whether those "Bible-believing Christians" are right or wrong.

Truthislight and every other non-Catholic I have ever met say you are fallible.

JMAN and Truthislight say Jesus is Archangel Michael.

Are they right or wrong?
adsonstone: I did not imply that, you did.

....God did not also explicitly state the commandments the way the RCC states hers.

Elementary Logic.
Pick up any RCC bible....perhaps Douay Rheims,
open exodus 20,
write out all the points separated by a full stop and reason.

Sorry. I thought you had something worthwile for me to defend on this issue.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Zikkyy(m): 10:00am On Nov 28, 2013
truthislight:

Where is the proof for the doctrine of infallibility ? None!

Lawlessness!

Lol! You are arguing with anger grin
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by italo: 10:02am On Nov 28, 2013
@ adsonstone,

It so happens that you have my respect on this thread.

You're the only one challenging the Catholic faith who is trying to reason it out logically.

The rest I see here are not interested in reason.

They just want to vomit their frustration on us, and that's not what this thread is for (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

...and I thought you were one of the worst...
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by adsonstone: 10:04am On Nov 28, 2013
Syncan:

Fine. By your position - God must have forgotten to add "except by my command" to his "make no graven Image" Law.

By our position - God did not include "except by my command" because he did not forbid making it, only He forbids giving it Divine honour or Worship.

We both used the Scripture for our defense. Agreed?

....but I showed you where God explicitly says graven images should not be made...not necessarily idols.

You showed me where God said images should not be worshipped (which also supports my position because it also says it should not be made in the likeness of any creation)

are you gonna disagree with the parts thats says graven images should not be made?

Or do you mean God was wrong/joking to have said that Images should not be made?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Zikkyy(m): 10:05am On Nov 28, 2013
truthislight:

You claim to be a christian, christianity is not lawlessness.

Where is the command to christians to use, do or make images for worship ?

Show evidence.

@truthislight, you be lawyer grin which evidence you want again?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 10:05am On Nov 28, 2013
Zikkyy:

Its possible he did. or you don't believe God can appear to the Pope ...

It is possible that God speaks to a "pope": God even "speaks" to people who are not Christians --- for example by calling them.

However, we do know of "popes" who have pulled doctrine from their backsides in circumstances that we can safely say that if anyone instructed them about the doctrine, it could not have been God but must have been satan.

I will give you an example.

In the Bull (very appropriately 'bull' too) Pastor Aeternus, the "pope" Leo X declared effectively that the Roman Catholic Church does not believe in chapter 15 of the Book of Acts of the Bible. He declared that the "pope" is higher than an ecumenical council. For his proof he did not rely on having heard from God, rather he relied on false statements from the forged document known as Pseudo-Isidore!

So we can safely say that that one was from his backside and not from God.

smiley
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Ukutsgp(m): 10:06am On Nov 28, 2013
truthislight:

It is Yahweh that decides what is to be done and how he should be worshiped and not to be done.

If Yahweh commanded Israel to build an ack then, he has the right to do so. It was his will then.

It was also Yahweh that puts a stop to it.

Ask the Roman catholic who gave them the commanment to build images today as against Yahweh's instruction not to ?

Did Yahweh appeared to their pope privately ?

Let them show proof where Yahweh also directed them as he directed the Israelites and later ask them not to.

They should show proof and not presumptiouse acts, simple.
maybe mary directed them
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by italo: 10:09am On Nov 28, 2013
adsonstone:

....but I showed you where God explicitly says graven images should not be made...not necessarily idols.

You showed me where God said images should not be worshipped (which also supports my position because it also says it should not be made in the likeness of any creation)

are you gonna disagree with the parts thats says graven images should not be made?

Or do you mean God was wrong/joking to have said that Images should not be made?

And I showed you the part that said nothing of any likeness of anything in heaven, on earth and in sea should be made.

That makes you a sinner. No?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Zikkyy(m): 10:10am On Nov 28, 2013
truthislight:

What use is the bible ?

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

you don't expect to see every instruction written in the bible. Education will/can not tell you everything you need, but it should provide adequate guidance.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by italo: 10:15am On Nov 28, 2013
Zikkyy:

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

"Useful," not "sufficient."

Food is useful for well-being, but not sufficient.

Education is useful for making a good living but not sufficient.

I can go on and on.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Zikkyy(m): 10:16am On Nov 28, 2013
shdemidemi:
You are now saying what I am saying- if I want nugget, I go to mc Donald's. If they are closed and Burger King is opened, I will go in there to get what I want.

Christians can't impose the truth on Roman Catholics, just as they can't impose it on witch doctors...SIMPLES!

We are not saying the same thing regarding the highlighted bit. Who is a Christian? and who decides what is truth? this is the part i agree with italo, you have to be 'infallible' to make that statement believing you are 100% correct.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 10:17am On Nov 28, 2013
And of course that mumu "pope" was not content to reject Acts chapter 15 for his Roman Catholic Church denomination; he declares others who accept Acts 15 to be ---- yep you guessed it, anathema! lol grin

"Since the Roman Pontiff, by the divine right of the apostolic primacy, governs the whole Church, we likewise teach and declare that he is the supreme judge of the faithful [52], and that in all cases which fall under ecclesiastical jurisdiction recourse may be had to his judgment [53]. The sentence of the Apostolic See (than which there is no higher authority) is not subject to revision by anyone, nor may anyone lawfully pass judgment thereupon [54]. And so they stray from the genuine path of truth who maintain that it is lawful to appeal from the judgments of the Roman pontiffs to an ecumenical council as if this were an authority superior to the Roman Pontiff.

That is another of those things technically known as --- utter rubbish. wink
--------------------------

"So, then, if anyone says that the Roman Pontiff has merely an office of supervision and guidance, and not the full and supreme power of jurisdiction over the whole Church, and this not only in matters of faith and morals, but also in those which concern the discipline and government of the Church dispersed throughout the whole world; or that he has only the principal part, but not the absolute fullness, of this supreme power; or that this power of his is not ordinary and immediate both over all and each of the Churches and over all and each of the pastors and faithful: let him be anathema."

Vatican I is not only one of the most idiotic things, it is even satanic!

smiley
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 10:22am On Nov 28, 2013
italo:

"Useful," not "sufficient."

Food is useful for well-being, but not sufficient.

Education is useful for making a good living but not sufficient.

I can go on and on.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 10:24am On Nov 28, 2013
Zikkyy:

We are not saying the same thing regarding the highlighted bit. Who is a Christian? and who decides what is truth? this is the part i agree with italo, you have to be 'infallible' to make that statement believing you are 100% correct.

Of what use is the Bible if christians have to be "infallible" ?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 10:28am On Nov 28, 2013
Enigma: And of course that mumu "pope" was not content to reject Acts chapter 15 for his Roman Catholic Church denomination; he declares others who accept Acts 15 to be ---- yep you guessed it, anathema! lol grin

"Since the Roman Pontiff, by the divine right of the apostolic primacy, governs the whole Church, we likewise teach and declare that he is the supreme judge of the faithful [52], and that in all cases which fall under ecclesiastical jurisdiction recourse may be had to his judgment [53]. The sentence of the Apostolic See (than which there is no higher authority) is not subject to revision by anyone, nor may anyone lawfully pass judgment thereupon [54]. And so they stray from the genuine path of truth who maintain that it is lawful to appeal from the judgments of the Roman pontiffs to an ecumenical council as if this were an authority superior to the Roman Pontiff.

"So, then, if anyone says that the Roman Pontiff has merely an office of supervision and guidance, and not the full and supreme power of jurisdiction over the whole Church, and this not only in matters of faith and morals, but also in those which concern the discipline and government of the Church dispersed throughout the whole world; or that he has only the principal part, but not the absolute fullness, of this supreme power; or that this power of his is not ordinary and immediate both over all and each of the Churches and over all and each of the pastors and faithful: let him be anathema."

smiley
cutting and joining

ur post make no sense
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by shdemidemi(m): 10:29am On Nov 28, 2013
Zikkyy:

I believe the bible is 100% correct and it clearly states who is correct.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Zikkyy(m): 10:29am On Nov 28, 2013
truthislight:

The bible shows what christians should do and not do, going contrary to what it says puts that person on error.

How did you come to know that animal sacrifice is not for christians ?

The bible does not show 'everything' Christians should do or not do, that is my position. if you want to argue that a practice is false, you don't go looking for commands or laws in the bible. The bible is a guide, not a list of dos and don'ts.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 10:31am On Nov 28, 2013
Enigma: And of course that mumu "pope" was not content to reject Acts chapter 15 for his Roman Catholic Church denomination; he declares others who accept Acts 15 to be ---- yep you guessed it, anathema! lol grin

smiley

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;" (2 Thessalonians 2:3).

"Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God." (2 Thessalonians 2:4).
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Zikkyy(m): 10:35am On Nov 28, 2013
truthislight:

"even though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."
(Galatians 1:8 ).

you dey dodge my question grin you don't believe God can appear to the Pope? yes or no angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (33) (Reply)

Female Aspiration For Presidency, Governorship A Taboo — Satguru Maharaj Ji / Pastor Tunde Bakare: A Bastard Can’t Rule The Yoruba / Pastor Ea Adeboye Phone Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.