Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? (1466 Views)

Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! / What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Start Sex? / What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by cutebobo(m): 9:09am On Nov 19, 2013
It often surprises me when I see guys of 25, 27 29 still living with their parent. By that age, my mentality is that they ought to be living as independent man. I bet I won't like to live with my parent at that particular age. Any contrary?
Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by stanogb(m): 9:19am On Nov 19, 2013
Because of the mentality of Majority of Nigerians, Some guys still live with their parents up to the age of 35 which is bad. I think as soon as a guy graduates from University, he should start thinking of living alone and starting up a responsible family. wink wink wink
Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by buccal(m): 9:24am On Nov 19, 2013
When the money starts coming
Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by lirusehn(m): 9:31am On Nov 19, 2013
once he is above 42 he shud plz go.
Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by cutebobo(m): 9:36am On Nov 19, 2013
What I hate most is all this small small insult like; parent saying: we don't like the free night call u do, ur hair is bushy, who is that guy/lady. Parent at times, likes to baby sit adult. Talking from experience
Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by twogood: 9:40am On Nov 19, 2013
Some guys are physically living with their wives but their spirits and souls are still with their parents.
An example of such guys are those who want you to behave and cook like their mum and those who give their parents daily updates of the happenings with their wives.
Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by Emmyk(m): 9:50am On Nov 19, 2013
Like 25years. undecided

My brother told my parents recently that he's leaving soon.

He cited some examples of guys who are staying with their parents around our house, and are not successful. He doesnt wanna be like 'em. cheesy
Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 19, 2013
Age is mere number when a guy isn't physically and mentally fit to face life by himself not to talk about splitting from his family,he had better remain with his family instead of constituting nuisance in the street.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by Gwekzy: 10:03am On Nov 19, 2013
lirusehn: once he is above 42 he shud plz go.
. Guy na wao... 42 wetin
Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by Gwekzy: 10:05am On Nov 19, 2013
stan-ogb:
Because of the mentality of Majority of Nigerians, Some guys still live with their parents up to the age of 35 which is bad. I think as soon as a guy graduates from University, he should start thinking of living alone and starting up a responsible family. wink wink wink
. Seconded..
Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by lirusehn(m): 11:06am On Nov 19, 2013
Gwekzy: . Guy na wao... 42 wetin
42 now or shud i av written 47?
Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by lafex: 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
aaronson: Age is mere number when a guy isn't physically and mentally fit to face life by himself not to talk about splitting from his family,he had better remain with his family instead of constituting nuisance in the street.
NA ONLY YOU TALK SENCE

1 Like

Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by ireneidiva(f): 3:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
Guy or girl, after nysc, get out of your fathers house!
Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by greedie1(f): 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2013
ireneidiva: Guy or girl, after nysc, get out of your fathers house!
Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by lirusehn(m): 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
lafex: NA ONLY YOU TALK SENCE
meaning i made no sense huh? :/
Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by Sard(m): 12:47am On Nov 20, 2013
Staying out of your parents' house has nothing to do with age but rather depends on the mental and most especially financial status. do you expect a 27 year old unemployed graduate to live on his own? why would he live on his own when he would still expect his parents to pay for his house rent and upkeep? Therefore, it depends on your financial independence, not mere number (age).
Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by GboyegaD(m): 4:52am On Nov 20, 2013
There isn't a particular age however, I will suggest when one is comfortable, one should move. Although I made such mistake in my time because I felt I was saving money but trust me, I kept spending my salary as though I have no reason whatsoever to safe money.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by jmoore(m): 8:36am On Nov 20, 2013
When you have the money to sustain yourself.
Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by juman(m): 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2013
Sard: Staying out of your parents' house has nothing to do with age but rather depends on the mental and most especially financial status. do you expect a 27 year old unemployed graduate to live on his own? why would he live on his own when he would still expect his parents to pay for his house rent and upkeep? Therefore, it depends on your financial independence, not mere number (age).

One nigeria betrays masses.
Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by coogar: 5:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
cute bobo: It often surprises me when I see guys of 25, 27 29 still living with their parent. By that age, my mentality is that they ought to be living as independent man. I bet I won't like to live with my parent at that particular age. Any contrary?

uk/usa.....18/21
nigeria.....40
ghana......25
liberia......23
senegal.....forever
Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by Sard(m): 7:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
juman:

One nigeria betrays masses.
Re: NAIRALANDERS; What's The Minimum Age For A Guy To Stop Living With Parent? by lafex: 1:05pm On Nov 21, 2013
lirusehn: meaning i made no sense huh? :/
you make complete nonsense

(1) (Reply)

Mother Lets Gang Of Men Rape 10-year-old Daughter For 5 Years / Why Christians Should Be More Careful On the Choice They Make In This Election / Man Takes Dead Mother To Bank To Make Cash Withdrawal From Her Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.