Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,561 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? (17615 Views)

Living With Parents After Wedding / Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death / Why Do Some People Abandon Their Parents After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 15, 2011
Some guys value their family so much, and even after marriage they still continue to live at home. I want to live with only my husband after marriage. Called me selfish, I don't care.

So my question, Do you believe in still living with your parents even after marriage?

I don't mean like a liability thank you. grin  grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:10am On Dec 15, 2011
What kind of girl would even accept the proposal of such a baby?

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:13am On Dec 15, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

What kind of girl would even accept the proposal of such a baby?
LOL sweetie, like I said, not in a liability kind of way.

Some people just like to be near their family.
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 15, 2011
//
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:48am On Dec 15, 2011
rokiatu:

Some people just like to be near their family.

Men arent supposed to be like that. They're supposed to wnat to prove something ie prove that they can be on their own. "near" is one thing, living WITH is another.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 15, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Men arent supposed to be like that. They're supposed to wnat to prove something ie prove that they can be on their own. "near" is one thing, living WITH is another.
Gbam!!!

I don't buy the whole idea of living with your parents after marriage. undecided undecided

chaircover:

[b]Look very well before saying "I do" then, because in some cultures, the first son never leaves home and he marrys his wife into the family house.[/b]Another thing to look out for is marrying someone who doesnt live in the same city/country as you (yes it happens) because there is a possibility that you are asked to go and live with his family until he returns especially if you are pregnant under the guise that they want to keep an eye on you & look after you.

I will keep my eyes open for that. grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Loveaflame(m): 12:28pm On Dec 15, 2011
It sounds funny.What on earth will make me to live with my parents after marriage? It is really absurd.
Though there can be problems that can warrant that but i strongly believe it shouldn't be for long. But lets call a spade a spade.It is not the best neither will it ever be the best.
If the guy wants freedom and liberty he should have his own apartment even though it's a manger.I prefer that to staying with my parents.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Outstrip(f): 2:17pm On Dec 15, 2011
HELL TO THE NO. mscheeeeeeeeeew. Close to his family indeed.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 15, 2011
Live with parents after marriage ke Abeg oh, who wants to deal with in-laws’ tafia drama so early in his/her married life  

Nobody can understand a wife’s laziness weakness like her husband would, afterall he kept her up almost all through the night!  wink   wink

The woman can decide to sleep till noon on Saturdays and nobody will call her lazy . .   infact, hubby will even stay in bed with her.  cool  cool

She can decide to skip church on Sunday morning and nobody will call her a pagan . . .  hubby will pray for the both of them.

She can cook a meal with too much salt, burn the stew, add too much water to the soup and the husband will only grumble and still eat it!

No matter how understanding the guy’s parents are, there’s bound to be some skirmishes which will totally be avoided if they were living on their own. Even if it’s in a one room apartment, it’s still a lot better than living with ones parents.

Except he doesn’t have a choice sha . . . . .  undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2011
Ujujoan:

Live with parents after marriage ke Abeg oh, who wants to deal with in-laws’ tafia drama so early in his/her married life

Nobody can understand a wife’s laziness weakness like her husband would, afterall he kept her up almost all through the night! wink wink

The woman can decide to sleep till noon on Saturdays and nobody will call her lazy . . infact, hubby will even stay in bed with her. cool cool

She can decide to skip church on Sunday morning and nobody will call her a pagan . . . hubby will pray for the both of them.

She can cook a meal with too much salt, burn the stew, add too much water to the soup and the husband will only grumble and still eat it!

No matter how understanding the guy’s parents are, there’s bound to be some skirmishes which will totally be avoided if they were living on their own. Even if it’s in a one room apartment, it’s still a lot better than living with ones parents.

Except he doesn’t have a choice sha . . . . . undecided

hahahahahaah I luv this girl. grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 7:28pm On Dec 15, 2011
Hmmm
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 16, 2011
Ujujoan:

Nobody can understand a wife’s laziness weakness like her husband would, afterall he kept her up almost all through the night!  wink   wink

The woman can decide to sleep till noon on Saturdays and nobody will call her lazy . .   infact, hubby will even stay in bed with her.  cool  cool

She can decide to skip church on Sunday morning and nobody will call her a pagan . . .  hubby will pray for the both of them.

Except he doesn’t have a choice sha . . . . .  undecided

lol so true! grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Bawss1(m): 11:51am On Dec 16, 2011
Who lives with their parents after marriage?? shocked shocked Nobody does.

Please lets have realistic discussions here not wild fantasies
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by DaDoctor: 11:57am On Dec 16, 2011
VERY COMMON AMONG THE WESTERNERS. AND 'ONLY SONS'

FUNNY ENOUGH MOST LADIES TOO DONT MIND. ALL THEY WANT IS MARRIAGE.

TO ME ITS A SIGN OF 'BABYISM' ON THE MAN. 'OMO MUMMY/DADDY'

MY DAD ENSURE U LEAVE THE HOUSE TO UR PLACE ONCE U ARE TRUE FROM SCHOOL AND U WORK FOR 6 MONTHS.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 16, 2011
Depending, if u have a house that is large enough like castle, there is nothing wrong for ur parents living with u
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 16, 2011
i see u girls are tryin to look for just anytin to discredit d male folk! Well, FYI, no man wants an intruder/foreign body in his home, be it family or friend! Get a life girls.
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Ultrame(m): 12:05pm On Dec 16, 2011
Everything!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by DaDoctor: 12:06pm On Dec 16, 2011
Boyloaf:

i see u girls are tryin to look for just anytin to discredit d male folk! Well, FYI, no man wants an intruder/foreign body in his home, be it family or friend! Get a life girls.

odiaero:

Depending, if u have a house that is large enough like castle, there is nothing wrong for your parents living with u

GET HER CLEAR. SHE IS TALKING ABOUT MEN WHO MARRY WHILE STILL IN THEIR FATHERS HOUSE/LIVING WITH THEIR PARENTS, NOT SO? WHERE THE BEEF COME FROM NA?
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Pricelesss(f): 12:06pm On Dec 16, 2011
God for bid  angry
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 16, 2011
Pricelesss:

God for bid  angry
My parents have a permanent room @ the United Arab Emirate 7star hotel Dubai!!! Do you mind joining us? [b]Am sure she's finking bout it grin[/b]

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Bawss1(m): 12:11pm On Dec 16, 2011
Da Doctor:

VERY COMMON AMONG THE WESTERNERS. AND 'ONLY SONS'

FUNNY ENOUGH MOST LADIES TOO DONT MIND. ALL THEY WANT IS MARRIAGE.

TO ME ITS A SIGN OF 'BABYISM' ON THE MAN. 'OMO MUMMY/DADDY'

MY DAD ENSURE U LEAVE THE HOUSE TO your PLACE ONCE U ARE TRUE FROM SCHOOL AND U WORK FOR 6 MONTHS.

Hmmm in all my time in Lagos I never came across such an occurrence, maybe I wasn't observing enough? Can't still believe anyone does this though.
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by DaDoctor: 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2011
Bawss1:

Hmmm in all my time in Lagos I never came across such an occurrence, maybe I wasn't observing enough? Can't still believe anyone does this though.
The bolded settles it.

soem culture dont waarant much check before marriage and they give their dotas to any kind man.

Ijogz K:

My parents have a permanent room @ the United Arab Emirate 7star hotel Dubai!!! Do you mind joining us? [b]Am sure she's finking bout it grin[/b]

THATS WOMEN FOR U. THEY CAN ACCEPT ANY OFFER SO LONG AS THEY ARE IN 'DOOMORANGE' AND NEED A HUBBY cool cool
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 16, 2011
Well, i've seen it happen.
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by DaDoctor: 12:21pm On Dec 16, 2011
BlueDiva:

Napoli vs CFC

ARE U OKAY. ABI U BRAIN DEY BOOTH?
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 16, 2011
^^^
Whats with the drama?
Wrong thread, now remove the post.
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by benzion72(m): 12:29pm On Dec 16, 2011
It depend on who your in law are. If they are of average means or nobility. Leaving in one bungalow or leaving in crescent like MKO Abiola crescent, or Okoya crescent. It is relative my dear. Even when there are no means some in law can be so good and helpful. But ladies of this age are suspicious and lack communal in their thinking. It is me, myself and I whereas this guy does not fall from heaven.

It is your choice, but make sure you marry somebody that is independent in  mind. Even if you leave apart they may turn your house to Mecca or Jerusalem for weekly pilgrimage
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by purpose100(f): 12:35pm On Dec 16, 2011
Ujujoan:

Nobody can understand a wife’s laziness weakness like her husband would, afterall he kept her up almost all through the night!  wink   wink

The woman can decide to sleep till noon on Saturdays and nobody will call her lazy . .   infact, hubby will even stay in bed with her.  cool  cool

She can decide to skip church on Sunday morning and nobody will call her a pagan . . .  hubby will pray for the both of them.

Except he doesn’t have a choice sha . . . . .  undecided

+100.

I remember when my elder brother wanted to get married. Because he was just starting up then,my mum offered him to stay in our house,since she is the only one living there. I told my brother that that is disaster in the making!

Even my mum and i cant stay under the same roof for 3 days without disagrement,how much more a daughter in-law?
Abeg,this na no go area for me ooh. Even if na to live under bridge i dont mind(Nairalanders will come to our aid grin )
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by jaybee3(m): 12:37pm On Dec 16, 2011
Everything is wrong with it
Absolutely no point leaving oneself open to situation where you have had to choose between the mum or the wife.
She can come for a day or two but she gats to go
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by DaDoctor: 12:37pm On Dec 16, 2011
Ujujoan:

Nobody can understand a wife’s laziness weakness like her husband would, afterall he kept her up almost all through the night!  wink   wink

The woman can decide to sleep till noon on Saturdays and nobody will call her lazy . .   infact, hubby will even stay in bed with her.  cool  cool

She can decide to skip church on Sunday morning and nobody will call her a pagan . . .  hubby will pray for the both of them.

Except he doesn’t have a choice sha . . . . .  undecided

MY VERDICT!! U WILL DEFINITELY BE A VERY BAD HOUSE WIFE. A LAZY ONE AT THAT. RECEIVE IT!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 16, 2011
Da Doctor:

GET HER CLEAR. SHE IS TALKING ABOUT MEN WHO MARRY WHILE STILL IN THEIR FATHERS HOUSE/LIVING WITH THEIR PARENTS, NOT SO? WHERE THE BEEF COME FROM NA?

Ok, that means i have to turn it around, if the father have like castle with much rooms looking for who to use, then no big deal
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by DaDoctor: 12:43pm On Dec 16, 2011
odiaero:

Ok, that means i have to turn it around, if the father have like castle with much rooms looking for who to use, then no big deal

THE CASTLE IS THE GUYS HERITAGE, NO DOUBT. BUT FRO THE SAKE OF 'INDEPENDENCE', IF THE FATHER LIKES HIM. HE SHUD GET HIM A PLACE. BUY HIM A BUNGALOW. OR CANT HE AFFORD IT.

ALOT IS WRONG WITH IT OH. SO MANY 'VOICES' ,'HANDS' AND 'HEADS' WOULD BE ON THE MARRIAGE
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Pricelesss(f): 12:46pm On Dec 16, 2011
Ijogz K:

Awwww i heard that they do take very good care of their casual workers there by housing and feeding them, Is your father the Security guard or your mother the Window cleaner?  tongue

Da Doctor:

The bolded settles it.

soem culture dont waarant much check before marriage and they give their dotas to any kind man.

THATS WOMEN FOR U. THEY CAN ACCEPT ANY OFFER SO LONG AS THEY ARE IN 'DOOMORANGE' AND NEED A HUBBY cool cool
Da Doctor:

Well i think my husband would wanna move into my own house considering the wealth i have acquired  wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians And Hypocrisy / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 13 Years Of Marriage / Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.