Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,839 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:40 AM

Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji (6845 Views)

Poll: Whose side are you on?

The Actress: 69% (34 votes)
The Producer: 30% (15 votes)
This poll has ended

Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas / Murray-Bruce, Lai Mohammed At Genevieve Nnaji's Movie Premiere In Abuja / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by AUDIBLE(m): 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2008
[b]Sequel to a publication of one of the celebrity journals in town about Genevieve Nnaji, the screen goddess and a particular production company in Hollywood headed by Leila Djansi, who was reported to have served the mother of one, Genevieve, a Severance Notice over an alleged ego-massaging towards the committee of the international reputed production outfit.
Publicist of the project, Esther Lafontant replied via the internet to the false allegation and the assault on the executive producer of Turning Point Films and production, Leila and the committee. Excerpts

Q. Did you ever hire Genevieve Nnaji for a role in your upcoming film Tulips?
We did, upon a recommendation from the original star of the film the adorable Chioma Chukwuka.

Q. Under what process?
Genevieve was sent an official offer, she responded and asked us to work with her Manager, Debra. The executive producer Leila Djansi negotiated all the necessary clauses in the offer with Debra and they officially responded thus making the offer firm and pending a signed contract after Ms. Nnaji submits the tax information forms sent out to her and also had creative discussions with the director; discussions that needed to be addressed in the Talent Agreement.(Contract)

Q. It sounds like things were moving smoothly. What went wrong?
The director, Ms. Djansi could not get in touch with Ms. Nnaji for the said creative discussions on the script. Now these were needed because Tulips is under bond from a completion bond house and we, the producers were under strict obligations to present our distributors and bond company reports on cast, crew, permits etc. Mind you, this is an American production company, an American distributor and an American bond company. Africa is not a familiar territory for them because they do not have any co-production treaties with East and West Africa, excluding Senegal.
We also asked for Ms. Nnaji’s demo reel but Debra gave us a list of movies and told us to go to a website called videoonline Nigeria and watch Nnaji’s films there. That was wrong, but Ms. Djansi bought a lot of Genevieve’s movies herself and even cut a demo reel which she sent to the bond company. In fact, Thelma Nwosu, another cast member was the one who got in touch with Genevieve to get her measurements for the costume department.
Genevieve claimed she had launched a clothing line and was too busy to email her measurements.
Everyone in the production office tried to reach Ms. Nnaji but she failed to return calls or messages left on her phone. The director then sent a brief email for them to get in touch with her to negotiate creative terms of the contract, Miss Debra gave a flimsy excuse of her two phone lines being out of order for about two weeks and the Director decided to take another creative step by booking another actress.

Q. She never tried to make friends with Ms. Nnaji or stalk her with calls?
Oh come on… friends over the phone? There is an eight hour time difference between California and Nigeria, Ms. Djansi is too busy, infact, she has hundreds of friends all over the world, her office and house is overflowing with assistants.
The only numbers Ms. Djansi dials herself are her personal calls. She gave Genevieve preferential treatment by talking to her herself, I guess thats what got into Genevieve’s head.
We all love each other and respect each other through tulips, in fact, Ms. Djansi and Thelma Nsowu have become more than sisters. Even the bible tells us to be kind and loving to each other. Why? Is she too big to be friends with anyone? She will be lucky to be friends with Ms. Djansi.
Anyways, a director and an actress must establish a certain rapport to work together, Ms. Djansi is a super friendly person and is always looking to make a joke or try to make things light and easy.
She has never been uptight with anyone, if Genevieve mistakes Ms. Djansi’s free spirit as an attempt to become best friends…well, she read wrong. She could not have anyways; she only spoke to the woman twice…briefly. Most of the long discussions were with Debra, her manager.

About Van Vicker.
That’s the painful part for us all. We love Van. Debra needed the additional cast information for Ms. Nnaji, she was told Van was in the cast and she is reported to have said Van Vicker was bad actor, and asked Ms. Djansi to watch a movie he made with Geneveive and how Genevieve said he was cool but a stiff actor.
Please, if Ms. Djansi thinks Van Vicker is a bad actor, she will not have him as part of the cast. She never told Ms. Nnaji or Debra that the script was being expanded for Van. That is a very bad lie.

Any other notions you want to dispel?
Yes. Debra and Ms. Nnaji jointly altered a mass email Ms. Djansi sent to all the cast and worded it her own way to make Leila look bad. There was never any time that Ms. Djansi said “unlike other African actors, you are natural” that’s a very bad press move on Nnaji’s side.
Why then is Ms. Djansi working with other African actors if she thinks they are not natural? Knowing her well, if she thought so, she’d have brought all the actors from America. In fact, Ms. Djansi told Genevieve that she finds her to be a very emotionally withdrawn actress and requested to know the problems she has with her scripts and directors that makes her so distant, or if she wore contacts, as they make your eyes cold on camera.
But then she also added that she was probably bored with the scripts she gets as her older works were more appealing than the recent ones.
Now Ms. Nnaji claiming she is so professional should have politely told us to go kick rocks if she felt that the production was not “up to her standards”. Even if we was called 22 times, which we did not, what stops a polite lady, from sending a text message to say I am backing out of the deal? Genevieve is an angry girl.
She was hoping that because Ms. Djansi is a Ghanaian, she will treat her like a goddess like she is treated in Nigeria. Well, none of the producers of this movie have the time to hero worship anyone.
We give the same amount of respect to every one. Stars or extras and above the line crew or below the line crew. Same respect. Our producer, Akofa Asiedu is a living legend, we treat her normally.

They said though that there was no contract?
An offer is a tentative contract, which is why we put her on our website and submitted her information to SAG. The offer was a contract enough for the period. Ms. Nnaji does not understand how the American film industry works; she has made some ignorant statements. Even if Sony Pictures comes to hire her, this is the same process she will follow. There is a laid down process in film making.

What about the demands she made?
Well, she wanted to bring her assistant, but the production office was divided over that, partly because her assistant was also very rude to us upon the initial contact with Ms. Nnaji. But we resolved it and everything was fine. She really did not make any crazy demands.
She was iffy about the Ghanaian crew and requested that make-up be brought from the US but Ms. Djansi told her she is also a make-up person, so if she, Genevieve was not comfortable with the Ghana make-up artiste, she (Leila) will do her make-up. Mind you, Robin Givens never requested a make-up team.

Did Ms. Djansi insult Genevieve?
A big NO. Leila spoke to only Debra for a long time, how could Nnaji be insulted? When she got kicked off the project, she sent a letter, via Debra vehemently calling Ms. Djansi an impostor of Hollywood and someone trying to break into Hollywood. That’s crazy, Ms. Djansi is quite well known in the American film industry, a simple Google search will show you that.
Ms. Djansi got very upset, when Debra sent a very nasty email to her after we terminated their offer. Debra was defending the fact that we never requested a demo reel and even if we did, she had directed us to a website to watch Genevieve’s movies. Ms. Djansi told her that there was no way she (Leila) will allow her executive team which comprises of very powerful studio bosses watch our obviously low quality Ghana and Nigerian movies.
The truth is Genevieve has not been in any of the better Nollywood films, in terms of quality. Like Tade Ogidans’ or some of their very nice soap operas. She hasn’t.

What about this issue of owning 40% of Nollywood?
We will be launching a venture capital initiative in the later part of 2009, if God wills it. Leila and Akofa have set up a fund to finance and distribute African movies to the world.

That is wonderful
It is, thank you.

So what you are saying is that everything was going fine until communication with Genevieve became a problem?
Yes. Genevieve knows she has missed a great opportunity to meet some great stars and be on Oprah Winfrey show upon release of the film and become a member of SAG.

Oh wow, Oprah?
Yes… this movie is about women liberation from violence, it is being supported by very wonderful organizations and womens groups. Genevieve knew about all these, she goofed and got kicked off now she is burning.

She said she was not paid the $110,000?
Her payment was contingent upon her appearing in the movie as Tulips and upon other term of the contract. Her offer was not a pay or play. next question…(laughs)

Has another actress been found?
Oh yes, Ini Edo. and we love her. she is very sweet and is starving right now because she has to get into shape for the movie. we had to push the dates back because of all this trouble.

Any other comments?
No other comments except we all need to go on the UNIFEM website and join Nicole Kidman as we vote towards a world of NO violence against women!

Thank you, I will do so.

[/b]

Source: http://www.nigeriafilms.com/content.asp?contentid=2791&ContentTypeID=2
Previous Story:  http://www.nigeriafilms.com/content.asp?contentid=2781&ContentTypeID=2

NOW WE KNOW THE STORY.
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by LadyJ1: 3:50pm On Jul 19, 2008
na waooooo

genevieve is damn too arrogant,see as her pride made her loose dis project
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by lucabrasi(m): 1:04am On Jul 20, 2008
hmmmn, i know genevieve might have her faults but i bet you these people are not real too,there was a topic on here about 2 months ago when someone was saying thank GOD our own genevieve is appearing in hollywood and i totally disagreed stating my reasons, i was insulted and what i predicted then as being an american company but not hollywood,what i think happened was that after genevieve committed herself,she discovered the whole deal wasnt what it was hyped to be and backed out,personally i think it serves them right.

most of these people do not want to do the hard graft of combing the nooks and crannies of africa or nigeria if thats their preference and look for an artiste that will play the part beautifully,after all the guy that played sango was found in a uniersity audition,real talented and internationally credible directors like tunde kelani throw auditions public and nurture unknown artiste to be stars not doing a short cut by using a genevieve $110,000 indeed, story story grin
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 1:18am On Jul 20, 2008
long story, chioma chukwuka would have been just perfect for the movie but Ini is good enough.
Genevieve can go kick rocks.
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by yongbabe(f): 12:32pm On Jul 20, 2008
B4 You PPL START JUDJING You SHOULD READ GENNYS SIDE OF THE STORY.
SHE WAS THE ONE THAT QUIT TAKING PART IN THE MOVIE. AND PERSONALY I APPLAUD HER.
THE MOVIE PRODUCERS WERE TAKING HER FOR GRANTED. JUST CAUSE SHE IS A LOCAL ACTRESS DOSENT MEAN SHE SHOULD LET THEM WALK ALL OVER HER.

According to the rumour making the rounds,actress genevieve nnaji was reportedly fired from a movie set'Tulip'after being paid over a hundred thousand dollars to star in it.the rumour making the round indicate that the actress made herself unavivlable to the producers and then was rude when she was eventually contacted thus leading to her bring'fired'from the set.this is the story being pedalled all over the internet.
''Genevieve's pay for the role was a whopping $110,00 US dollars. Not long did Miss Genevieve Nnaji begin making obscene demands including a request to fly to the US with her assistant. Well the American producers complied with much anger from Ghana's finest
actress Akofa. Reports also indicates that Genevieve's demands got out of hand so much that she had to be fired. This apparently led to insults on the American producers by Genevieve.
For two months after she was booked she just wouldn't return or answer their calls, when they expressed concern, thats when Gevevieve took it upon herself to bash/insult them. Production has now slowed due to the fact that they have to find another actress to replace Genevieve. The informer said that some Nigerian directors have succeeded in convincing the American producers not to sue Genevieve and for the
sake of the movie, they have also let go. ''
we contacted genevieve to hear her own side of the story and this is her response to our questions.

1, what is this 'tulip'story being circulated and what actually happened?we hear you made demands to take your P.A with you amongst
other demands.

, a Ghanian LADY called Leila Djansi living in America set up company and decideD to shoot a movie.she Approached me and I told her to send the script.she did and I liked the role.i told her I would be interested based on contract negotiations and rest of cast.she got back to me and i was Informed that i would be acting alongside Kimberly Elise and some up and
coming Ghanaian actors. I made no demands whatsoever. I was told that a Ghanaian would be my P.A while shooting in some village in Ghana and I said no, I already had one and I would even be willing to pay her ticket to Ghana but I will not use a stranger. There
was no trip to America mentioned until allegedly October so I could never have demanded to take my P.A along although I want to state
that if I felt like it, I would have requested it. Afterall, when we bring foreign acts over here we allow them to come with nutritionist, P.A and whoever else they choose to bring. So, this is the first lie, "demands" were not the problem.
I was asked to forward recent pictures for their promo campaign, measurement details and address to send contract to in Nigeria so I
could read and give final approval. I did both those things. What did I get in return?
Leila Djansi who is the so called producer of this movie,began stalking me with phone calls about how Ghanians are angry she hired a Nigerian actress. How people were telling her I am a snob and so on. Discussions were had and we concluded this is normal ,that there
will always be haters and I am used to it, but I am professional so I was not interested in idle gossip, I wanted to see the contract
and the final script because she said they were changing it around to enlarge a role for Van Vicker whom she said had called her to beg for a role in the movie even though she didnt think he could act.she said Ghanians were piling pressure on her to have a Ghanian star in the movie.

, 2 were you fired from this movie or you left of your own?

i lost interest because she now seemed like the regular African in the Diaspora who wanted to shoot a movie and some of them even
approach without a script and think just because they are based in the States, Nigerian acts should jump up and kiss ass.Leila started hounding me with calls. I was working on set one day and when I came off, I had 22 missed calls from her within an hour.
I was tired of talking to someone who wanted to trade gossip and be my "friend" rather than talk about the movie or the contract which she still hadn't sent via post. I had been through this many times and even shot a movie with one of such unprofesional people who
were unable to distinguish between business and pleasure and lack any atom of professionalism. I do not work like that and i didnt want that to repeat itself.

3, so what did you do?

, I stopped taking her calls and insisted that we communicate via email until she had sent the final script. She also sent me an sms stating she was changing dates because she was finishing another production. I replied that they should inform me with enough time and
forward all other informations to my email box and the contract through the address I had given her. This was not good enough for her. She insisted on speaking with me on the phone and when I refused,she lost it and things degenerated to where they are now.
She then, sent an email claiming she needed convincing so she could convince her commitee. I told her that she had sent me an email stating categorically that I was being hired because and I quote, "Unlike other african actors, you are natural" so if she is not
convinced because I had stopped taking her calls, she should find another actress. By this time, I had sensed that this was not a credible path for me to follow.

4, what happened next?what about the money you were paid?

, This led to Leila insulting me, nollywood, nigeria, ghanawood and everyone and anyone.she told me How she is going to own 40% of Nollywood having been financed by a Nigerian bank,How she has witnesses she will roll out to show that Genevieve has a bad reputation,
How she is severing the contract and all that but There was no contract. How can you terminate a contract that did not exist in the first place? She never paid me 1kobo let alone 1 dollar so where is the consideration that makes a contract? She said derogatory things and I quote, "A bit of advice, nobody, in Hollywood gives a damn about your Nigerian orGhanaian film industry, you are the only people who glory in your inferior work. You really think someone here will sit through an hour and half of pure torture of the same freaky music playing over the movie and the screaming,and the tantrums? you really think I want anyone here to think Africans are crazy?"thats what she told me.There are so many other derogatory things she said that led me to believe I was not dealing with a professional. Look, if Hollywood
ever wants to acknowledge Nigerian actors, they know where to find us just like they found the Bollywood stars. In the mean time, as I have said for years, I am not desperate for Hollywood. I am an actress, I want to act in the best stories and in the best produced
movies with thorough professionals. If a true Hollywood studio offers me a movie, they will approach as the true professionals they are and I will respond as I always have, like a professional, but if fans based in America, choose to shoot a movie and think because
they are based in America I should abandon all my work ethics and policies that have kept me where I am for over 10 years and will continue to keep me at the top of my profession, then they must be deluded and I told Ms Djansi that along with informing her that
Nollywood is african made and we are proud and if we had half the resources or time that hollywood actors have, we would be just as good if not better. That is my opinion. ( I have no problem working with independents. In fact I love it, but they must be genuine)

5, but arent they threatening to sue you ?

, I have been waiting for this court case she threatened because I made sure she was aware she had no case but she clearly needs my attention and I told her to move on with her life but if she wants to go to court, I am ready. Now, she is involving herself in
internet propaganda. which I find laughable. No official of the AGN has contacted me and why would they because of rumours on the internet? Genevieve has been in this business too long to be worried about such things. Like I told leila, many have come and tried
and they have failed. My career in the name of God will continue to soar and there is nothing she and her fellow idle minds can do about it.i am an actress. If you want me in your movie, you approach me. If I like your script and other things fall into place such as fee, my
fellow cast etc etc, we have a deal. I am an actress,. The story drives me. My character drives me. I don't care if we are shooting in Enugu or Switzerland. I don't know if other Nigerian acts allow these people abroad to get away with disrespectful and shoddy approaches but I have worked too hard to not be afforded the same respect they would afford the hollywood actresses. I did not beg for a role in her movie. She approached me, so I don't know why she expected me to treat her like someone coming to save nollywood from mediocrity. many like her have come and said the same, now they do nothing but reside here begging for actresses to manage and spreading rumours about actresses and actors that they can not afford and are way above anything they can ever do .

6, there is always one rumour or the other attached to the name genevieve nnaji.why is this
?

, This will not be the 1st or last rumour about me. It is a hazard of the occupation. those who want to eat and sleep with it for however long are welcome to it. I on the other hand, am busy doing what I love best, acting, being creative and living my life, and thats what no one can take away from me!

http://stella-dimokokorkus..com/2008/07/actress-genevieve-nnaji-responds-to.html
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by igbogolo: 1:29pm On Jul 20, 2008
thank you young babe. Its always good not to peddle rumours especially without facts. Its always good to have a balanced and well respresented part of every story.
genevieve is the greatest nigerian export as far as movies are concerned. Nobody can take that away from her. She is versatile, bold, dogged and talented.
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by Caliente(m): 1:54pm On Jul 20, 2008
igbogolo:

thank you young babe. Its always good not to peddle rumours especially without facts. Its always good to have a balanced and well respresented part of every story.
genevieve is the greatest nigerian export as far as movies are concerned. Nobody can take that away from her. She is versatile, bold, dogged and talented.

[size=13pt]That's your opinion, I don't particularly like her.[/size]
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by presido1: 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2008
Caliente:

Yours as well
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by lucabrasi(m): 2:47pm On Jul 20, 2008
Caliente:

me neither
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by keba(m): 2:58pm On Jul 20, 2008
lucabrasi:

me neither
that's ur cup of tea.
@post
two sides of the coin. genevieve said leila was being pressured
to take ghanaian acts while leilas' p.a said they later hired ini edo.
who is telling the truth
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by Nella(f): 4:09pm On Jul 20, 2008
well she later took on van Vicker as well a ghanian
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by HCH3COO: 7:26pm On Jul 20, 2008
Caliente:

Thirded
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by IKaca: 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2008
[Thank God she was kicked out. I have never liked her. She is too proud

Please note: PRIDE GOES BEFORE A FALL

Her pride came out and then came a great fall.She fell like a BIG FOOL THAT SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN.

Thank God Ini Edo took the job, you never know were you are going, and who you will be meeting.

Just like a little advert in a newspaper can earn you millions, so also is this job that Genevieve just lost]
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by StephenP(m): 9:35pm On Jul 20, 2008
There is always three sides to a story. I've heard both sides, now I am waiting for the truth.
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2008
There is always three sides to a story. I've heard both sides, now I am waiting for the truth.

Seconded. StephenP do you drink?
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by StephenP(m): 10:26pm On Jul 20, 2008
Babalaw0:

StephenP do you drink?

What?
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by HCH3COO: 10:30pm On Jul 20, 2008
LOL stupid quibble
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by jeffoski(m): 10:57pm On Jul 20, 2008
I think we should just wait for the movie to come out and see how it is and how the casts fares.To me i don't see anything wrong with what Gene did.After all is not by forces she said she's no longer interested abi?remember she's the one facing this and we all are just seeing things from the outside.she knows what she has gone through in the hands of fake producers and because of that she decides to take her time should she be crucified for that especially from her own people.If God says it's her time definitely it will be and if it's Ini Edo's time then everything worked out for her own good(that's if the movie becomes a huge success and she gets the opportunity to be on Oprah).abi am just glad that atleast they still had to pick another actress from Nigeria still it shows we have alot of talent here.

And whether you like Genevieve or not she's still one of the best actress we have here in Nigeria so we should be proud of her no matter what.
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by lucabrasi(m): 11:16pm On Jul 20, 2008
keba:

that's your cup of tea.

na fight? grin
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by obuchineme: 11:34pm On Jul 20, 2008
From genevieve's side of the story its obvious she is an arrogant gal. Haba who told her that friendship can be seperated from professionalism,not even in the theatre will that work,it is a collaborative effort.I dont know beyond the story told by the two sides but one thing i do know is pride goes before its fall.Let all learn to imbibe the virtue of humility it will NEVER do us any harm.
Many of us allow fame,power and money get into our heads that we want to be super respected.I beg us(Nigerians) to watch it,u would always be a better person with humility.
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 21, 2008
undecided
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by lucabrasi(m): 1:55am On Jul 21, 2008
i think this genevieve needs to be cured of her delusions of grandeur,self indulgence of the highest order,i hope she remembers that she is not the first and she wont be the last,maybe she should ask regina askia to tell her
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by madamkoko: 2:41am On Jul 21, 2008
I like Nnaji. She''s an absolute beautiful dark skinned actress thats making it. And I like that she won't take crap from anyone.

I don't know how else to say this but VAN VICKER IS A HORRIBLE ACTOR. He's only in most movies because he's an half cast.

Nnaji jo, more power to ur elbows!!! you are beautiful and an amazing actress. kiss kiss
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 3:18am On Jul 21, 2008
What's all the brouhaha about genny and hollywood? The movie aint even got nothing to do with hollywood except that the director lives in the US. Obviously, Ms. Leila Djansi is just another wannabe hollywood director who is not worth her weight in gold. She has only one movie to her credit; Red Soil(still in production) and Tulip is not listed anywhere on the internet except of course some African websites and it's all them say them say, nothing credible.
I don't think we should crucify genny for taking the decision she took, the game is just not worth the candle.
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by TS3: 4:29am On Jul 21, 2008
StephenP:

Took that right off my mouth,
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by RichyBlacK(m): 5:09am On Jul 21, 2008
candy:

What's all the brouhaha about genny and hollywood? The movie aint even got nothing to do with hollywood except that the director lives in the US. Obviously, Ms. Leila Djansi is just another wannabe hollywood director who is not worth her weight in gold. She has only one movie to her credit; Red Soil(still in production) and Tulip is not listed anywhere on the internet except of course some African websites and it's all them say them say, nothing credible. I don't think we should crucify genny for taking the decision she took, the game is just not wort the candle.

I agree with your view!
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by magentam(f): 5:19am On Jul 21, 2008
What's all this? Doesn't she have the right to do what she want? Haters, leave Genny alone! Is it easy to be where she is? Why can't you people let her be. She has her choices,let her make them. It's a free world afterall.
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by spikedcylinder: 10:22am On Jul 21, 2008
I dont paticularly like Genevieve (How do they spell her bloody name?!?!?) myself but I will side with her on this one.
She's a reputable actress and a good one at that. She has paid her dues and deserves to be respected. If these so called "hollywood producers" cannot respect her and do things professionally, she shouldnt be working with them. As she has said, she is not one of those who rush off to claim hollywood or break her back to be in a hollywood project. She has carved a niche for herself in Nollywood and I guess that is good enough for her. Hollywood is not the ultimate prize. I suspect she has already grown a thick skin to haters anyway and that is admirable. Good for her for backing out of a k-legged project.
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by jkpretty(f): 11:28am On Jul 21, 2008
She got what she deserved!

Whether its a real Hollywood thingy or not, that babe's got an attitude!
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by mellow(m): 12:33pm On Jul 21, 2008
jkpretty:

She got what she deserved!

Whether its a real Hollywood thingy or not, that babe's got an attitude!

Di she? really?
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2008
I'm not a fan of genny's, but let's face it, this is not about genny's attitude, it's about following her instinct. The movie is not worth the stress, why not opt out? I bet she won't walk out on the likes of Clint Eastwood and they'll be more professional than this tulip grower director. She is just a small fry feeling too cool with herself all because she has a few thousand $ to throw around.
Re: Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji by mekaboy(m): 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2008
Well,

I strongly genevieve, from my experience in ghana, i am sure they mounted pressure on the woman, most of them dont like Nigerians, i know what genevieve was trying to avoid, if its business she came for, let them do business , should she start telling her what ghananians said? if genevieve was to join her in her gossip, one day u will hear on the paper that genevieve insulted the ghananians.

Abeg genevieve u too much, i like the way u do business. No time for AMEBO,S THEM GO TIRE,

You made us proud, if u dont like genevie make u kukuma jump into the river, grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Your Next Movie Star Africa Form / Bb9ja : Emerging Issues / How Can I Open The Scrambled Channels On Eutelsat W3a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.