Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

A Thread For Students Who Found Mathematics Difficult. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For Students Who Found Mathematics Difficult. (537 Views)

How DELSU Students Who Matriculated Were Treated Today (Pics) / Five Things About Students Who Attend Public Schools. / For All Students Who Studied Botany Or Any Other Plant Related Field (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Students Who Found Mathematics Difficult. by Alikaxon(m): 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
No doubt, out of every 100 students, 60 might find maths hard. Infact, am not excluded, that is why I created this thread; In other to know students who are also like me. I don't really know why maths is just difficult for me, whereas in other subjects, am very sound. Am a social science students. I'm tired of asking myself questions "why can't I know maths?" please, for the people that are very good in maths; I want to know your secret. Please divulge. It was somehow fun during my secondary school days. In this thread, novice can learn from professionals.
Re: A Thread For Students Who Found Mathematics Difficult. by Alikaxon(m): 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2013
Fynestboi the moderator of education section, are you good in maths? Talk true!
Re: A Thread For Students Who Found Mathematics Difficult. by segunjowo(m): 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
There are some basics you need to know:
BODMAS, for a start. Go back and read widely on BODMAS, with emphasis on Multiplication as it related Division, Addition as it relates Subtraction, etc. Once you get the foundation right, your building into the core mathematics becomes easy.
You can throw in your questions and challenges and we can help you identify and resolve your problems in any topic of the subject.
Best regards.
Re: A Thread For Students Who Found Mathematics Difficult. by SBJoji(m): 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
Honestly, learning maths has no secret its just have to do with your concenteration. I was even given scholarship to study at Nigerian Turkish International School for being the third place in a mathematics competition organised by cowbell during our secondary school days. Maths is wonderful it is the simplest subject for sure. I pray my collegues who get it difficult learn its simplicity with time.
Re: A Thread For Students Who Found Mathematics Difficult. by Alikaxon(m): 9:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
segunjowo: There are some basics you need to know:
BODMAS, for a start. Go back and read widely on BODMAS, with emphasis on Multiplication as it related Division, Addition as it relates Subtraction, etc. Once you get the foundation right, your building into the core mathematics becomes easy.
You can throw in your questions and challenges and we can help you identify and resolve your problems in any topic of the subject.
Best regards.
Thank u very much 4 ur encouragement. U see? It's one of d reason I opened dis thread so that many students facing challenge in maths can meet professionals and get ideas and tips. Thanks 4 ur contribution.
Re: A Thread For Students Who Found Mathematics Difficult. by Alikaxon(m): 9:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
SB Joji: Honestly, learning maths has no secret its just have to do with your concenteration. I was even given scholarship to study at Nigerian Turkish International School for being the third place in a mathematics competition organised by cowbell during our secondary school days. Maths is wonderful it is the simplest subject for sure. I pray my collegues who get it difficult learn its simplicity with time.
So, how about ur scholarship? Did u take it? Congrats to u, a maths legend. Am impressed
Re: A Thread For Students Who Found Mathematics Difficult. by sylvar02(m): 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2013
I'm here
Re: A Thread For Students Who Found Mathematics Difficult. by Anuoluwap(m): 10:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
This thread self too mean. Let me tell about my funny school days to this topic: since pry 1 I've been like "what is this thing self" on getting to sss I tried to understand it better but believe me when exams come, myself and my colleagues facing maths palava don't smile at all. After killing other subjects our classmates will even be asking for answers and we'll be like the loudest in the class during exam periods; simply because we can murder any subjects but when it comes to maths(theory & obj) you'll just notice that some set of guys and girls are quiet(myself inclusive) then my eyes will be rolling like cartoon, start sweating profusely and the other students will be like "Anu, why are you quiet today now? Next person will reply: "leave him na maths we get" and i'll be like>>mtcheeew, make that boy do quick pass answer jare<< it wasn't easy, most students don't smile during math exams #fact. That's where you see sheet of papers flying about in exam hall. Lol...it makes me remember a certain day during math exams, normally, I sat down quietly hoping to see miracle soon cause I know my pals cooperates, but time is running out no time to waste and nothing on ground. I was frustrated, then suddenly I saw a sheet thrown by someone dropped on my desk but it wasn't meant for me as a sharp guy no dulling.......back in the days papers gat wings during maths exams#fact.....lol....but those teachers whenever they teach one will understand but let it get to assignment or class-work it'll be a different story...... Maths is easy but everyone cannot be a mathematician #fact
Re: A Thread For Students Who Found Mathematics Difficult. by SBJoji(m): 10:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
Alikaxon: So, how about ur scholarship? Did u take it? Congrats to u, a maths legend. Am impressed

yes ofcus. nd tanks

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Update: UNILAG, LASU To Continue With The Indefinite Strike – Details / Best University In Nigeria To Run A Masters Degree / 2013/2014 Local Scholarship Awards Interview For Lagos State Indigenes Is Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.