Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Aquagenic Pruritus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Aquagenic Pruritus (2304 Views)

Living With Aquagenic Priuritus (After-Bath Body Itch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aquagenic Pruritus by ibnhasan: 6:50pm On Jul 18, 2008
What is the cause of body-itching after bath? What's the remedy?
Re: Aquagenic Pruritus by youngblud: 9:58pm On Jul 18, 2008
Try this after taking your bath don't dry your body with a towel let it dry naturally
Hope this helps
Re: Aquagenic Pruritus by LadyT(f): 10:00pm On Jul 18, 2008
You need to bath with hot water. Especially if you live in Europe or America the cold water has so many cleansing chemicals it will itch the skin.
Re: Aquagenic Pruritus by ikamefa(f): 4:35am On Jul 19, 2008
LadyT:

You need to bath with[b] hot water[/b]. Especially if you live in Europe or America the cold water has so many cleansing chemicals it will itch the skin.

are you kidding me? shocked hot ke?

@ topic use warm water, if you can bear it cold water

c o s the hot water dehydrates your skin ,leading to body itching and all other skin problems

your best bet is to moisturize your skin ,immediately after taking a shower/bath
Re: Aquagenic Pruritus by obuchineme: 8:17am On Jul 21, 2008
Hey,
This body itching after bath,does occur once a while.To me even when i do all the afore mentioned.Initially i had visited a pharmacisc who just prescribed piriton,and it did not just work for me.the n i stopped since its not a permanent thing.It comes give its own headache and dissapear,so i will really like proffessionas in the house to comment on this
Re: Aquagenic Pruritus by Templa(m): 12:36pm On Jul 21, 2008
try to disinfect the water b4 taking ur bath by adding dettol.
also try changing ur soap.
Re: Aquagenic Pruritus by BangBang2(m): 12:38pm On Jul 21, 2008
ibn hasan:

What is the cause of body-itching after bath? What's the remedy?

it may be down to the water you use to bath and the sensitivity of your skin!

try using dis-infectants like dettol and also think about using medicated soaps!
Re: Aquagenic Pruritus by Gabry(f): 1:22pm On Jul 21, 2008
shocked shocked shocked Ok, this is the first time hearing this. I've never encountered this problem before.
Re: Aquagenic Pruritus by Gabry(f): 1:25pm On Jul 21, 2008
You need to bath with hot water. Especially if you live in Europe or America the cold water has so many cleansing chemicals it will itch the skin.
Ok in Europe and America, after your shower, your skin becomes itchy its because your skin is dry. DONT USE HOT WATER. . .THATS CRAZY. Just bath like normal and after yout showe when you wipe dry your body, apply body lotion.
Re: Aquagenic Pruritus by vivada: 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2008
most time its due to skin infection or allergy. bathing warm water with disinfectant works. also robbing cream helps to sooth the itching.

(1) (Reply)

Sleep Paralysis: Is It Witch Realted Or Health Related / Eye Problem And Waist Pain Solution / Sisters Trying To Get Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.