Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,293 members, 7,818,990 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Scam Marriages, Another Nigerian Jailed In The UK - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Scam Marriages, Another Nigerian Jailed In The UK (1134 Views)

Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / Another Nigerian Girl, Kiahmarah Nwagwu Goes Missing In London [pictured] / Nigerian-british Grandmother Jailed In China Over Shoe Shop Dispute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Marriages, Another Nigerian Jailed In The UK by wills(m): 12:00am On Nov 20, 2013
Scam Marriages, Another Nigerian Jailed In The UK-another-nigerian-jailed.

Read Full Story and Comment! http://www.alashock.com/2013/11/scam-marriage-another-nigerian-jailed.html?m=1

Now I know everybody has a right to their opinions but I will say this: Please think hard and wise before you support this dude actions or encourage Nigerians to continue in a destructive path all in the name of wanting to travel abroad or continue to leave in a white man's land. Its shameful that Nigerians now use all sorts of tactics to seek asylum from claiming they are gay/lesbian, to saying their children would be subjected to female circumcision and in some recent case Nigerians are now seeking asylum on the bases of them being killed by Boko Haram if they go back to the North of the country. So people don't get me wrong let me also say this, Its not a wrong thing if you wish to travel outside Nigeria for noble purposes, such as to study, to work on official cross posting or sabbatical or even to immigrate using right and legal pathways where available.

My Comments For Case In Question:
This shameless Ignorant Young Man got what he deserved, Its folks like these that give Nigeria a bad name. However unfortunately the Nigerian government is not taking a very hard stance against Nigerians that commit crimes outside Nigeria and bring disrepute to the name Nigeria and cause decent hard working Nigerians loads of embarrassment. Any serious government would have come out with a clear policy on how to deal with these types of absolute damaging and unpatriotic Nigerians. For example, this man should be named and shamed locally on national TV networks or even in the widely read print media and in extreme cases get them to do some further form of jail term when they get deported back to Nigeria. I believe this might act as some form of deterrent. Well for this dude it serves him right. Some Nigerians are just dame shameless and would do anything to abandon the ship called Nigeria,as if the vessle you want to run to are willing to welcome you with open arms. Wake Nigerians smell the coffee, nobody wants you no more, migrating to their country, they have put all the hard work into making their country work. So stay in yours and make it work. Selah!
Re: Scam Marriages, Another Nigerian Jailed In The UK by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 20, 2013
hmm! 9ja men with the survival instinct
Re: Scam Marriages, Another Nigerian Jailed In The UK by bebe2(f): 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
i dnt understand, why scam? why not marry for real?

collect the cherry and if it doesnt work out,

waka comot.
Re: Scam Marriages, Another Nigerian Jailed In The UK by EfemenaXY: 5:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
Embarrassing stuff.

Not that I condone what he did, but if he was smart, he could at least have spent some time getting to know her.

A bride jerking away at the touch of her husband-to-be's hand on her knees is... lipsrsealed

Na wa sha.
Re: Scam Marriages, Another Nigerian Jailed In The UK by wills(m): 11:20am On Nov 21, 2013
And Yet Another Story.

Nigerian hunger striker in plea for release in UK.

A hunger striker who is "near death" is going to the Court of Appeal in an urgent bid to win release from an immigration detention centre.

Isa Muazu, 45, from Nigeria, has refused food for some 90 days, with the occasional exception, and also refused treatment in hospital after losing his bid for asylum.

Earlier this week Mr Justice Ouseley, sitting at London's High Court, ruled that Home Secretary Theresa May was not holding him unlawfully at Harmondsworth immigration removal centre and refused his lawyers' request to free him on bail.

The judge ruled that Mr Muazu's decision to continue to refuse food and fluids was, in the end, for him to make - "his detention does not become unlawful simply because he is determined on that outcome".

But the judge said his condition must be kept under review after it was argued that his death would defeat the purpose of his detention, which was to hold him pending deportation as an overstayer in the UK.

Because the case is of general importance and could affect other asylum detainees who refuse food, the judge gave Mr Muazu's lawyers permission to bring and expedited appeal against his decision.

Today the case will be heard by Lord Justice Maurice Kay, vice-president of the Court of Appeal, sitting with Lord Justice Moore-Bick and Lord Justice Ryder.

After the High Court ruled against him, Mr Muazu's solicitor Sue Willman, of law firm Deighton Pierce Glynn, said outside court: "Our concern is that he is now so near death that there will not be enough time to appeal.

"I hope the Home Secretary will now reconsider releasing him from detention as she now has a judgment that supports her policies."

Jerome Phelps, from campaign group Detention Action, said: "Medical experts have found that Isa is too unwell to be held in a high security detention centre and that he should be released.

"We are deeply saddened by this decision, which means that Isa is likely to die imminently.

"He came to this country seeking safety and may die on a mattress on the floor of an immigration detention centre."

The group issued a statement from Mr Muazu which said: "I am refusing to eat because my asylum claim was not treated fairly and I will not give up my protest.

Belfast Telegraph _ Source

(1) (Reply)

She Gave Her Son My Cell Phone Number But Now I Am Her Enemy / Best Ways To Comfort Your Unemployed Adult Child / Please I Need Your Advice...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.