Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,494 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years (32829 Views)

Fake Marriages Taking Place In Nigeria, Says Immigration Boss / After 10YEARS God Blessed My Uncle And His Wife With A Big Boy / Revealed: 10 Avoidable Reasons Why MOST Marriages Fail... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 27, 2016
The very moment you say you are accepting a man's proposal for marriage, you are coming under subjection. Subjection is not torment.
A man who fears the Lord doesn't take that for-granted to abuse and take due advantage of you.
Subjecting to your spouse is a command from God. Because the man is the head of the home as Christ is the head of the church, that is not the time or reason to get so proud and become fool of yourself to the extent that you cannot respect your wife and listen to her many good words and advice.
The reason why many marriages never last is because the woman is so highly placed and doesn't need any man to control her or be in charge of her. Because of her degree from harvard and position with Chevron, she see no reason why an ordinary bank branch manager or a medical doctor with one small health centre in port harcourt would control her or tell her what to do when she controls men in her work place and thousands of people calling her Ma/madam.
Don't allow position or class of degree fool you. If you cannot stand a man(your husband) telling you what to do, better remain single and no man would ever have control over you.
Most women compare their rich dad with their spouse; it shouldn't be so.
Respect your husband, listen when he speaks and welcome him when he comes home. Don't always be the complaining kind of wife.
When you give a man all he requires and he still treats your wrongly, then he needs God's intervention.
No man is too big to assist the wife in the kitchen; after all she is you and you are one.
The reason also why so many marriages break up after 10yrears is because most couple watch celebrities on television and want to do the things they do. Never live your life based on the happenings in some other persons life.
Love your spouse, obey and respect them; then show me where the devil would come in... Never give the devil the chance to ruin your marriage.
You will prosper!
You will Succeed!

113 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by sirteayeni: 10:03am On Jan 27, 2016
Has anybody observed what I've been observing
Nairaland ladies are now looking for a way to turn we the real guys into mumu..
OP Your post make sense o..
Walai e mk sense die
#NoToFeminism

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Strahovski1(m): 10:04am On Jan 27, 2016
I will take you serious when you post the other version of this directed at men as this is directed at women.

Besides a woman refusing control over her husband should not break a marriage it means there wasn't love in the first place. Today people have turned marriage into an obligation whether their love is true or not.. marriage! And that is when things like this come in.. why would a man be picky because he cannot control his wife? Did he marry her to control her? Also why would a woman be rude to her husband because she is in a higher position? There is no love.

Man, what makes marriage last is love.. not subjection or advanced slavery.. love is what keeps marriage. When there is love.. the woman would respect her hubby as the hubby will respect her. Not one sided subjection because one god commanded it.

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by sinaj(f): 10:06am On Jan 27, 2016
M not nd will never be a fan to feminism

9 Likes

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 27, 2016
My marriage is now 20yrs!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by naijaboiy: 10:21am On Jan 27, 2016
prettythicksme:
My marriage is now 20yrs!
You married when you were 10?

31 Likes

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by cruzita(f): 10:24am On Jan 27, 2016
op some marriages today break because the man exercises too much authority on his wife. he wants to control every aspect of her life forgetting she is his soulmate and not his servant .I witnessed a marriage where the man asked his wife not to visit her parents unless he says so but he visits his own every weekend.Is that right?some men can really be annoying

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by SirLewis(m): 10:29am On Jan 27, 2016
Just as there's more than one factor that could cause a car to breakdown, there are also multifarious issues that could sever the ties between spouses. Unrealistic expectations, financial woes, lack of trust, unreasonable animosity towards a spouse's relatives (very common with women), infidelity, domestic violence, the list goes on. Honestly it really takes the grace of God and two reasonable minded adults willing to admit their imperfections to pull off a successful marriage.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 27, 2016
I just dey look you

1 Like

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 27, 2016
I see you are one of those a people cryRead it again my brother. smh are you male or female? shocked grin
Strahovski1:
I will take you serious when you post the other version of this directed at men as this is directed at women.

Besides a woman refusing control over her husband should not break a marriage it means there wasn't love in the first place. Today people have turned marriage into an obligation whether their love is true or not.. marriage! And that is when things like this come in.. why would a man be picky because he cannot control his wife? Did he marry her to control her? Also why would a woman be rude to her husband because she is in a higher position? There is no love.

Man, what makes marriage last is love.. not subjection or advanced slavery.. love is what keeps marriage. When there is love.. the woman would respect her hubby as the hubby will respect her. Not one sided subjection because one god commanded it.

6 Likes

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 27, 2016
Strahovski1:

OMG! You're amazing!!embarassed

Sadly! NOT Nigerian. We really Could Use Your brains Around Here.

18 Likes

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 27, 2016
S for sinaj. keep buying land... govt would soon take them shocked
sinaj:
S

3 Likes

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by MrsChima(f): 10:55am On Jan 27, 2016
naijaboiy:

Didn't a Nigerian Senator married a 9 years old girl? It is possible boo. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by naijaboiy: 11:04am On Jan 27, 2016
MrsChima:

Didn't a Nigerian Senator married a 9 years old girl? It is possible boo. kiss
oh LOL!

I forgot that. grin

I don't see you around these days again...what's up?

1 Like

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Strahovski1(m): 11:21am On Jan 27, 2016
DrPurposeful:
I see you are one of those a people cryRead it again my brother. smh are you male or female? shocked grin

Yeah, i am one of those people who see marriage as a partnership between two people in love. Oh i'm male.. and i'm proud to be a man.. so continue shaking your head.

Love your wife. If you do, all what you posted wont even be an issue. That's my point. Love is unconditional. It has no "but" or "if".

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by sinaj(f): 11:21am On Jan 27, 2016
DrPurposeful:
S for sinaj. keep buying land... govt would soon take them shocked
lol no b only govt. Na Efcc
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by emperorchedda(m): 11:29am On Jan 27, 2016
True that!
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 27, 2016
naijaboiy:

Was nine,wen i got married!
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by MrsChima(f): 11:38am On Jan 27, 2016
There are many different reasons why many marriages do not exceed 10 years.

Some people gets married for the wrong reasons; green cards, to escape poverty, family pressure, desperation, deception, and many more.

However, couples that are married or have been married in good faith will still have struggles in their marriages. Cheating, addiction of some sorts, death, abuse, disconnection from the Higher Power, and many more can break a marriage. Marriage is not easy and it is not for the faint hearts it requires work and dedication. It is about teamwork and supporting each other.

Some couples needs to be honest about marriage and encourage professional counseling or seek advice of a TRUSTED NEUTRAL person that won't takes sides. Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes may be what your marriage needs and not everyone wants to see
Couples unhappy and miserable.

Respect and effective communication is imperative to a longer and happy marriages . Some couples are so caught up with trying to outdo other family members that are married many decades and NOT FOCUSED on the health of their marriage. It is not about how long you have been married, but it is about how to have a happy and healthy marriage until it is time to part ways (hopefully it is death).

To control your house (men) doesn't mean you have to treat your wife like one of the children. Even if you have a submissive wife to no fault, she will eventually rebel. You will get more out of her if she feels loved and cherished and you are making good decisions that ensures her stability. Women likes to feel secured and safe. Two heads are better than one when it comes to decisions and planning. Asking your wife for her opinions and thoughts doesn't make you less of a man but more importantly, well-informed decision maker.

If there is no love and intimacy in the marriage, it won't last beyond a few years regardless.

Women choose men based on sustenance attributes and not superficial matters. A man that truly loves his mother will truly love you. Look at how he treats his mother and the female relatives. It is a true indication of how he will treat you! I understand that you do not want a man that has nothing, but instead of looking at what he has material wisely, pay attention how he manage his upkeep and business. If he is not effective, the car and nice house won't be accessible for long! Pay attention to how he is with money and what he does when he is not around his business. You will then see his priority and if he is money obsessive.

Choose compatible spouses and focus on the 80% of the person. A woman of 80% guarantee is better than a woman of 20% guarantee. Get married because you are ready and understand what work is required to maintain it. If you are married and truly gave it your all to make your marriage stronger and you are still not happy. Walk away. Maybe separation is necessary to see the bigger picture and discover other possible solutions. Do not stay in a toxic marriage for the sake of your children. You are reaching your children it is okay to settle and accept this type of treatment from your relationship. They will choose based on their experience they have learned from their parents and continue the vicious cycle that will pass down generations. I am sure that is not THE LEGACY you want to leave behind!

Ronald4lif and Francizy

29 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by MrsChima(f): 11:40am On Jan 27, 2016
naijaboiy:

oh LOL!

I forgot that. grin

I don't see you around these days again...what's up?

My babies and my belle. This man trying to keep me barefooted and pregnant!! cry cry
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by MrsChima(f): 11:48am On Jan 27, 2016
MrsChima:
There are many different reasons why many marriages do not exceed 10 years.

Some people gets married for the wrong reasons; green cards, to escape poverty, family pressure, desperation, deception, and many more.

However, couples that are married or have been married in good faith will still have struggles in their marriages. Cheating, addiction of some sorts, death, abuse, disconnection from the Higher Power, and many more can break a marriage. Marriage is not easy and it is not for the faint hearts it requires work and dedication. It is about teamwork and supporting each other.

Some couples needs to be honest about marriage and encourage professional counseling or seek advice of a TRUSTED NEUTRAL person that won't takes sides. Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes may be what your marriage needs and not everyone wants to see
Couples unhappy and miserable.

Respect and effective communication is imperative to a longer and happy marriages . Some couples are so caught up with trying to outdo other family members that are married many decades and NOT FOCUSED on the health of their marriage. It is not about how long you have been married, but it is about how to have a happy and healthy marriage until it is time to part ways (hopefully it is death).

To control your house (men) doesn't mean you have to treat your wife like one of the children. Even if you have a submissive wife to no fault, she will eventually rebel. You will get more out of her if she feels loved and cherished and you are making good decisions that ensures her stability. Women likes to feel secured and safe. Two heads are better than one when it comes to decisions and planning. Asking your wife for her opinions and thoughts doesn't make you less of a man but more importantly, well-informed decision maker.

If there is no love and intimacy in the marriage, it won't last beyond a few years regardless.

Women choose men based on sustenance attributes and not superficial matters. A man that truly loves his mother will truly love you. Look at how he treats his mother and the female relatives. It is a true indication of how he will treat you! I understand that you do not want a man that has nothing, but instead of looking at what he has material wisely, pay attention how he manage his upkeep and business. If he is not effective, the car and nice house won't be accessible for long! Pay attention to how he is with money and what he does when he is not around his business. You will then see his priority and if he is money obsessive.

Choose compatible spouses and focus on the 80% of the person. A woman of 80% guarantee is better than a woman of 20% guarantee. Get married because you are ready and understand what work is required to maintain it. If you are married and truly gave it your all to make your marriage stronger and you are still not happy. Walk away. Maybe separation is necessary to see the bigger picture and discover other possible solutions. Do not stay in a toxic marriage for the sake of your children. You are reaching your children it is okay to settle and accept this type of treatment from your relationship. They will choose based on their experience they have learned from their parents and continue the vicious cycle that will pass down generations. I am sure that is not THE LEGACY you want to leave behind!

Damn. I wrote this? My eyes were partly closed when I composed this.

4 Likes

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 27, 2016
Ok but you failed to problematise "subjection is not torment". undecided
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Matttthew(m): 12:59pm On Jan 27, 2016
Huh
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by ideatoprince18(m): 1:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
THE SIMPLE REASON WHY MOST MARRIAGES DONt LAST IS DAT WOMEN CAN NEVER B SATISFIED ....... FEMINISM HAS TAKEN OVA D TOTAL BRAINS OF OUR WOMEN .....I HATE IT WHN I SEE A WOMAN CLAIMING EQUALITY WIT A MAN ....... THAT IS U AREE OPENLY SAYING THAT G-D DOES NOT KNOW WAT HE IS SAYING WHEN HE MADE MEN HEAD AND NOT HELPER ....... ANODA REEASON IS DAT ......... IF UR WIFE .... I REPEAT .... IF UR WIFE HAS TASTED UP TO FIVE DICK B4 SHE MARRIES U ...... SHE CAN NEVER B FAITHFUL!!!!"

3 Likes

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by kelvyn7: 1:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
shocked
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by passionate88: 1:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
angry angry angry angry angry Modern day Marriages are .....

1 Like

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by jnrbayano(m): 1:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
Op,

Your words are straight like a Cigarette stick.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by winkmart: 1:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
ITS WELL, FOR BETTER FOR WORSE

please check my SIGNATURE
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Johnnoo(m): 1:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
DrPurposeful:

On point cool

1 Like

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by lankieman: 1:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
no romance without finance.. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

It's My 16th Wedding Anniversary, 16 Years Since I Married My Best Friend. / Lebanese Kids Cry In Airport As Their Kenyan Nanny Leaves (Video) / I Found My Father After 24 Years, But...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.