Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,683 members, 7,816,787 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide (14895 Views)

Biafra ; Protesters Are Marching To British Embassy In Abuja. PICTURES. / Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide / Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by ifeci: 2:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dt is to say, they are either yorubas or aliens I guess. Ds apga ppl sef
Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by penny01502: 2:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
Nonybb: PACKET OF LIES! Willie Obiano i will sincerely say with the depth of my heart, will NOT CREDIBLY win the Guber race. He is a disguise of Gov Peter Obi. Fegge Onitsha is still a mess. The roads leading to main markets, the purported biggest market in africa some decades ago, are left to further degrade and decay. No public water supply in Onitsha, and perhaps Anambra state as a whole. Peter Obi undisputedly is a christian Bigot. He suffers Nepotism and fanatism. He wants to enslave Anambra in God-fatherism mentality, a clark we had managed to escape in the state during the time past. He favours catholic more than Anglican and choosed willie because he is a catholic. Peter can not boost of modern infrastructural development as obtained in some neigbhbouring state. Wat he knws is how to dole our cash to traditional institute to buy them. I have lived in Anambra state since i was born. I went to the prestigious Christ the king College Onitsha so i am not talking as an outsider. I dont belong to any political party and my voice are clearly based as a concerned citizen. We cant afford to waste another 4 years through Obi's mechanical and political controlled puppettes. We need a change but i clearly dont knw how it would come. Im not here to support Ngige either. I am here because i think Willie is not progressive enough. Lets us shun sentiments and elected a new leader that wouldnt tie us to the debts, whims and coprice of Peter Obi. Being an international banker doesnt make u a credible leader. Peter is putting one of his own to further subject us to God fatherism. Let us say no to this archaic and barbaric system of leadership and imposition. Enough is enough. Anambra state must develop. Lets evolve like others and stop living in a world of self denial and reckless disenchantment. Time4CHANGE MY PEOPLE. I dont knw who u might want to VOTE but pls we need a change
my friend you are polluting the house, Ammagamation Of political Criminals (APC) ambassador am sure they gave you 1,500 cash share nd sent you out to disrupt the minds of great people from believing the truth. Biko pack well, we the Anambrians we know the truth and nothing can stop us from standing by the truth.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by citizenY(m): 3:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
From the look of things, APGA and PDP must have connived to rig this election.

Imagine PDP being satisfied with the proceedings, and their candidate is crying foul.
THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO CONSCIENCE.
Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by 7lives: 3:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
Why the hue and cry, the people have spoken, Ngige should accept the result of the election and move on.
If everyone thinks that Anambra as a state deserve a better governor and the people decide to vote the way they did, they have probably weigh their options and realized that it is better to continue with Apga, but if its all about their hatred for APC, then they are on a long thing. If the election was rigged, and the result of the election is not the reflection of the voting, the riggers of yesterday did not prosper so how can the recent ones succeed, the summary of the whole thing is that all the parties concerned should be careful not to throw that state into chaos, where two elephant fights, it is the grass that suffer.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2013
Psylas: i n'ako ife na-agba ka tire motor

The typical Onitsha man... Illiterate

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by Antivirus92(m): 4:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
exxell:

The typical Onitsha man... Illiterate
who is the illiterate here? Onitsha, the hometown of great zik and emeagwali...or ur unknown bush village?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by chamboy(m): 4:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
me_for_you: is buying votes now an electoral malpractice in nigeria? say the truth and shame the devil
JESUS CHRIST YOU ARE MAD OOO, IS IT 2K THAT TURNED U TO DIS shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by imsalus: 5:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
This Governors comment shows that the Guy is not a good politician.Is it only Igbo people that leave in the state ?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by Pukkah: 5:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
imsalus: This Governors comment shows that the Guy is not a good politician.Is it only Igbo people that leave in the state ?

Events of the last one year have shown him to be the Most Tribalistic Governor in Nigeria.

Some Nairaland monikers that are deep in bigotry may be his ghost users.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by Vic2u(m): 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2013
exxell:

[b] Nwanne, afukwana ihem furu oo!! As we are talking now, my mum a senior lecturer in Unizik, is protesting.. My brother, these people dont really know what is happening to them. My people have been so beclouded by lies and deceit. Do you know the problem of the common anambra man: ILLITERACY AND IGNORANCE. Anambra people are so hardworking and have a lot of money that they dont care what the government does to them. They are core business men. Go to Imo state and see the reverse. 85% of Imolites depend on government salary to survive because majority of them are cooperate workers and went to school. So, any imposition you try on them is fought tooth and nail. But Anambra is different. All they know is "o mpa, nwanne adigom ok, hero beer bu ebeano, nwanne alagom otu, nwanne idi ok, nwanne mpiawa gi isi... Rubbish... Absolute nonsense. Go to their facebook page and go to Imo facebook page. The kind of brazen illiteracy and undiluted stupidity oozing out from Anambra page will make you want to vomit. It takes a sensitized Anambra man to know that our state capital is the worst in the whole of Nigeria... It takes an honest Onitsha man to let you know that Onitsha and Aba are the worst cities in the East. A tribal bigot will come and say "But it was like that when Obi came"!! And so? He should leave it like that abi? As for me, we are still trying to advise Ngige not to go to the courts and accept the rigging (Even heavens can bear witness). In 2010, Peter Obi rigged too and he condoned. We dont really know his next plan. We have already advised him to leave the party, go to a another party and contest. We have our reasons. Come 2017, Anambrarians will know who the real willie Obiano is. I screamed from the rooftops, I shouted from the mountains... Telling people that this is another Goodluck Jonathan waiting to happen. But they refused to listen. They allowed the rigging. Thousands were disenfranchised. If it were in Imo, they would have been in the streets protesting now... Yea. I remember the case of Ohaji Egbema, Ngor Okpala and co. The same thing that happened in Imo is happening im Anambra now. These local governments were the strongholds of Rochas. But election was not conducted there. Even the Okigwe zone that they say Ohakim won landslide, so many disenfranchisements for thousands of APGA supporters there. These is the same thing playing out in Anambra now. Many people in Ngige strongholds came to vote and saw new registers!!! Even in his stronghold and his village, No election was done there. And we are here screaming Nigeria will be better?? If I hear!!!! [/b]
when i see blood for ur eye i go know say you serious na water i dey see know
Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by theoctopus: 10:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
Pukkah:

Events of the last one year have shown him to be the Most Tribalistic Governor in Nigeria.

Some Nairaland monikers that are deep in bigotry may be his ghost users.

Who is the tribalistic one here? The one that deported people of other tribes and dumped them under the bridge by 3am in the morning or the one that told him he should not do that?
Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by AtlanticBreeze: 10:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
A governor that has no shame after 8 wasted years of frequenting Abuja. As an igbo and Anambra man, I'm ashamed of the illiteracy, unexposure, gullibility, in Anambra. If Imo people could rise up to say no to ohakim then a criminal like Peter obi should be ostracized.
Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 20, 2013
Nonybb: To whom Brain is given, common sense is expected. For many are mad but few are roaming the streets. U people will pay darely with your life for supporting Obi's stooge. Anambra poll have turn rapidly from voting through achievements to sentiments. Wat most illiterate women in the market would tell u is that APGA is our Igbo Party, but once u approach her to give u further clarification of Obi's achievements and tenure she spluttered! Our people are greatly brainwashed. Let me ask a question, are we going to live like this forever because it is an IGBO party? Is Ngige NOT an igbo man? Why twisting their sensibilities rather than present wat u had done for 8 good years!

smh for u....we rather ve obiano. obi's stooge dan someone under thievnubu
Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by Pukkah: 12:08am On Nov 21, 2013
theoctopus:

Who is the tribalistic one here? The one that deported people of other tribes and dumped them under the bridge by 3am in the morning or the one that told him he should not do that?

1. Peter Obi deported non-indigenes in 2009. Fasola and himself are both guilty of that as well as the Akwa Ibom Governor.

2. He was the only Governor that tribalized the deportation that he was also guilty of.

3. When his state budget was reviewed and criticized, rather than address the ISSUES, he said it was an insult on Igbo race. Note that none of the other Governors whose state budgets were reviewed tribalized the issue.

4. Following El Rufai's house arrest or restriction of movement, he said ‘As an APGA Chieftain, I won’t go to Katsina'. What does this needless statement mean?

5. On this thread, he said the protesters are not Igbo people. Does it mean there are no non-Igbos in Anambra? Does it mean only Igbos can protest in Anambra? Does it mean voters who voted for other candidates or the thousands that were truly disenfranchised aren't Igbos or can't protest?

6. He said the protesters came from Osun. Does it mean all the people who graced Ngige's campaigns and rallies came from Osun? Why call Osun? Can he point out the Osun people in the video?

7. Radio stations in Anambra before the elections portrayed APGA as an Igbo party and the APC as a Yoruba party. Other innuendoes that fuelled disaffection were added.

8. Some people that were arrested were said to have come from Osun. Note Osun again! They've since been identified by INEC as observers.

I'm not really ready for back and forth mudslinging but honestly, Obi has not handled many of the issues very well.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by Nobody: 1:35am On Nov 21, 2013
The South West should try, despite Nigeria's Federalism, to set up legislation that'll discourage migration into her Region. It could be in the form of higher taxation for indigenes of her non-allies/potential enemies i.e non-members of the Old Western Region. It could also come in the form of proposing mandatory identification/Social Security numbers for its residents---Primarily indigenes of the states party to the agreement--- (lack of which will earn you heavy fines and trips to Prison) with the objective of lawfully and systematically denying same to certain people. Linked Digital Fingerprinting of criminals (which can be shared by law enforcement in these states) should be encouraged with the aim of viciously prosecuting violators. A first time offense should carry a very heavy fine, a subsequent offense should carry a mandatory 10 yrs minimum sentences. The first wave of Prisoners should be housed on one of Lagos' deserted islands and as more are caught, they should be put to work building more Prison Units and complexes that would be needed to house the impending wave of violators that would undeniably be convicted. While incarcerated, they should be put to work for the benefit of their host Govts and its inhabitants e.g Farming. Only people that are financially and Professionally worthy to the Region should be issued these instruments of identification. This will kill two birds with one stone: First, the Region will be decongested of people useless to its development because you shouldnt be able to get anything done without the I.Ds (school, housing, medical care etc). Next, when hit with the reality that they cannot destroy their own homes then flee to others, they will do whats right and elect credible candidates that'll work for their own good and that of the country.

If its the law, it is right. This is how you fight fire with fire in the 21st century.
Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by Kingsley1000(m): 6:10am On Nov 21, 2013
It would be unfair if INEC conducts a
supplementary election after a self-
confessed election fraught with
electoral malpractices perfected in the
highest order,even as investigations
are ongoing against some biased
umpires.I feel APC might be better off
securing an injunction restraining
INEC from conducting the
supplementary elections pending the
conclusion and determination of the
ongoing investigations against the
electoral officer; otherwise INEC
should conduct a fresh poll in
Anambra state
Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by biafranqueen: 6:38am On Nov 21, 2013
chamboy: ANAMBRA PEOPLE IF PETER OBI IS A GOOD GOVERNOR AS YOU CLAIM CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO US, WHY HE AND HIS PARTY (APGA) WAS BUYING VOTES
Biko where are the pictures first it was PDP now Obi why did I not get my own cash, you guys need to stop clowning around the circus is over !

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by OneNaira6: 6:45am On Nov 21, 2013
Smh at This Whole Thing. The Election Ended Days Ago. Those That Lost Should Get Over It Already And Stop Whining. Those That WoN Should Stop Jubilating Everywhere.Una Are Not Children 4 F2k sake.
Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by omiobo: 8:13am On Nov 21, 2013
yinparc: u don suffer
Why must u quote what u don't understand? My earlier post in other words means why must Anambra govt always quote Osun? olodo!
Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by guiddoti: 2:23pm On Nov 21, 2013
Gov peter obi slow ranger knows how to play dirty politics. cry
Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by Longeria(m): 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2013
Nonybb: PACKET OF LIES! Willie Obiano i will sincerely say with the depth of my heart, will NOT CREDIBLY win the Guber race. He is a disguise of Gov Peter Obi. Fegge Onitsha is still a mess. The roads leading to main markets, the purported biggest market in africa some decades ago, are left to further degrade and decay. No public water supply in Onitsha, and perhaps Anambra state as a whole. Peter Obi undisputedly is a christian Bigot. He suffers Nepotism and fanatism. He wants to enslave Anambra in God-fatherism mentality, a clark we had managed to escape in the state during the time past. He favours catholic more than Anglican and choosed willie because he is a catholic. Peter can not boost of modern infrastructural development as obtained in some neigbhbouring state. Wat he knws is how to dole our cash to traditional institute to buy them. I have lived in Anambra state since i was born. I went to the prestigious Christ the king College Onitsha so i am not talking as an outsider. I dont belong to any political party and my voice are clearly based as a concerned citizen. We cant afford to waste another 4 years through Obi's mechanical and political controlled puppettes. We need a change but i clearly dont knw how it would come. Im not here to support Ngige either. I am here because i think Willie is not progressive enough. Lets us shun sentiments and elected a new leader that wouldnt tie us to the debts, whims and coprice of Peter Obi. Being an international banker doesnt make u a credible leader. Peter is putting one of his own to further subject us to God fatherism. Let us say no to this archaic and barbaric system of leadership and imposition. Enough is enough. Anambra state must develop. Lets evolve like others and stop living in a world of self denial and reckless disenchantment. Time4CHANGE MY PEOPLE. I dont knw who u might want to VOTE but pls we need a change
wake up, I know you've been dreaming.
Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by nedu666: 4:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
KAI THIS ELECTION DEY PAIN YORUBAS PEOPLE WELL. THIS SHOWS HOW IMPORTANT IBOS ARE, IF NA ELECTION FOR SW WHICH IBO PERSON GO WAN KILL HIMSELF. TALKLESS OF OPEN THREAD UPON YEYE ELECTION FOR SW. JUST OBSERVE HOW MANY IBOS WILL COMMENT ON ELECTIONS IN OSUN AND EKITI. YET SEE AS YORUBA DEY DIE FOR ANAMBRA ELECTION. OH IBOS ARE TOO MUCH

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by cjrane: 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2013
nedu666: KAI THIS ELECTION DEY PAIN YORUBAS PEOPLE WELL. THIS SHOWS HOW IMPORTANT IBOS ARE, IF NA ELECTION FOR SW WHICH IBO PERSON GO WAN KILL HIMSELF. TALKLESS OF OPEN THREAD UPON YEYE ELECTION FOR SW. JUST OBSERVE HOW MANY IBOS WILL COMMENT ON ELECTIONS IN OSUN AND EKITI. YET SEE AS YORUBA DEY DIE FOR ANAMBRA ELECTION. OH IBOS ARE TOO MUCH

[size=15pt]INEC should as a matter of national urgency announce a date immediately for the supplementary elections.
Adequate security arrangements should also be put in place because some failed politician bent on marring the elections with violence will still import his thugs from Lagos and Osun states to unleash mayhem on the innocent people,so that he can blame it on Peter Obi or INEC.

INEC must invite all credible groups and even media houses to observe the supplementary elections to verify it is free and fair. The delay in concluding this exercise is dangerously generating tension and knowing the antecedents and capacity to cause mayhem of this violently dubious "senator" in the race, unnecessary loss of lives may soon follow this delay.

INEC must quickly conclude their constitutional duty,declare the result and let the Shylock shift his intrigues to the courts to contest the polls, than manipulating poor innocent people to lose their lives to help him mar the so far peaceful and well organized polls with violence.

Remember the Ukeh tragedy, when he sent thugs there to the adoration grounds in order to harass Peter Obi whom he thought had gone there for campaign. Unfortunately for them,Obi had left and they succeeded in killing more than 30 innocent kids who were trampled to death from the chaos they caused.[/size]
Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by nedu666: 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2013
KINGOFLAG KAI THIS ELECTION PAIN U WELLA. E PAIN U SO TEY HE ENTER BODY. PLS NO KILL URSELVE. SORRY, U SEE WHY IBOS ARE VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE, U WANT TO WOUND ON TOP ELECTION IN THE EAST. MEANWHILE NO IBOS GIVES A Bleep OVER ANY ELECTION IN SW because U PEOPLE ARE NOT IMPORTANT FOR ANYTHING, WELL UR WOMEN ARE IMPORTANT FOR THEIR BIG YANSH, JUST ONLY THAT NOTIN ELSE. HEHEHEHHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH

kingoflag:
The South West should try, despite Nigeria's Federalism, to set up legislation that'll discourage migration into her Region. It could be in the form of higher taxation for indigenes of her non-allies/potential enemies i.e non-members of the Old Western Region. It could also come in the form of proposing mandatory identification/Social Security numbers for its residents---Primarily indigenes of the states party to the agreement--- (lack of which will earn you heavy fines and trips to Prison) with the objective of lawfully and systematically denying same to certain people. Linked Digital Fingerprinting of criminals (which can be shared by law enforcement in these states) should be encouraged with the aim of viciously prosecuting violators. A first time offense should carry a very heavy fine, a subsequent offense should carry a mandatory 10 yrs minimum sentences. The first wave of Prisoners should be housed on one of Lagos' deserted islands and as more are caught, they should be put to work building more Prison Units and complexes that would be needed to house the impending wave of violators that would undeniably be convicted. While incarcerated, they should be put to work for the benefit of their host Govts and its inhabitants e.g Farming. Only people that are financially and Professionally worthy to the Region should be issued these instruments of identification. This will kill two birds with one stone: First, the Region will be decongested of people useless to its development because you shouldnt be able to get anything done without the I.Ds (school, housing, medical care etc). Next, when hit with the reality that they cannot destroy their own homes then flee to others, they will do whats right and elect credible candidates that'll work for their own good and that of the country.

If its the law, it is right. This is how you fight fire with fire in the 21st century.
Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by Kingsley1000(m): 5:05pm On Nov 21, 2013
AtlanticBreeze: A governor that has no shame after 8 wasted years of frequenting Abuja. As an igbo and Anambra man, I'm ashamed of the illiteracy, unexposure, gullibility, in Anambra. If Imo people could rise up to say no to ohakim then a criminal like Peter obi should be ostracized.
alas,he has used money to bribe church&our traditional leaders..when they saw what's blace,they say it's white
Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by youngprof2n(m): 11:31pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ngige is the right man.Apga will go to hell.Dis election is nt properly conducted.Common governorship election was like dis.Dts a shame.ASAP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Bags Vanguard’s Governor Of The Year Award (photos) / Abdulaziz Yar’adua Replaces Ningi As Chairman, Northern Senators Forum / PDP Dying, Says Bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.