Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,391 members, 7,812,153 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Ask A Russian Guy Anything. - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ask A Russian Guy Anything. (30450 Views)

Who Is Watching Head 2 Head Aljazeera, Mehdi Hassan Slaying A Russian MP, Nataly / Ask A Ghanaian Anything. / Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by opylas(m): 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2013
Braidz: chill dude, I think he was referring to Russia in his post. His English is pretty good considering the fact that Russians don't speak English and your English isn't all that good either, so you need to apologise to the guy.
I taya 4 Nigerians o, evn in a serene atmosphere, we sometimes can't help being confrontational!
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by rill: 5:00pm On Dec 01, 2013
Ok Op why are russian girls ugly
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by imperiouxx(m): 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2013
Jade William:
So d Mr Higher than Average; Where's al this confidence comin frm?U think u'r smarter than Nigerians or what?Frm ur posts,ur English is whack&ur punctutions' re apology yet u claim 2hav knowledge of English. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Arrant bullshiit. Was he talking to you? Why some know-nothing Nigerians always think they understand the English language better than others?

Sorry case. Try to be polite. You know nothing about English language and courtesy.

2 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Dhurmynick(m): 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2013
due to my keyboard.. I'm a Nigerian guy But i understand Russian very well.

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by crisycent: 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2013
Why does Vladimir Putin act like a goat? Why does he think like he lives in another planet? Why does he want people to see him as a "macho man"? Why does he hate being criticized?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by 50calibre(m): 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2013
opylas:
Bro, by "here", I think he meant over there in Russia.

osystein:

I think he was referring to the people of Russia.

Noted!! The "here" in his post was a bit ambiguous, could easily be mistaken for here on NL, he never said he lives in Russia, he could be a Russian living outside Russia

I get it now.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by iterator25: 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2013
We want Russian su-35 jets cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2013
Nyesom wike calls Amaechi a chicken

www.gdi.com/leadersnews
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2013
12month: how can I use airtel bis on android after 3rd Dec?

grin

Instead of OP to say ask me anything about Russia/Russians he just said ask me anything.

Oya o, OP . Come and explain how this guy can continue using airtel on his android.

2 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by 50calibre(m): 5:10pm On Dec 01, 2013
opylas:
I taya 4 Nigerians o, evn in a serene atmosphere, we sometimes can't help being confrontational!

Nobody is being confrontational dude! Don't try to play the amicable one
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2013
@some username, your knowledge of Russian history and current affairs is very impressive for your age.
#respect

How is the issue of gender equality like in Russia? tongue

Are women generally regarded as less than men? Are they expected to get married and start submitting in humility to their husbands after marriage while he rules over them? How about extra marital affairs? Is it overlooked for husbands and unforgivable for wives?
Lastly, how parasitic are the girls/women? Do they think men are obligated to provide for them or do they believe in becoming independent and self reliant? smiley

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by annawhite(f): 5:14pm On Dec 01, 2013
Hello Russian, do you kno that another name for nigerian is naija?.....
What is another name for Russia?

Do you kno its only in nigeria that girls are seen as gold diggers,what do ur girls dig?

In russia,do you have people club of Russia? We have people Club of Nigeria??

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Dhurmynick(m): 5:14pm On Dec 01, 2013
i understand Russian well even though im Nigerian. but this is a private question
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
50calibre:

Noted!! The "here" in his post was a bit ambiguous, could easily be mistaken for here on NL, he never said he lives in Russia, he could be a Russian living outside Russia

I get it now.
just shut up ode.

4 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by 360command: 5:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
Why are russians bad guys? They are scammers, hackers, extortionist, assassins, drug dealers, human traffickers, all in an organized crime way etc. But the world does not discredit you guys enough just like the world discredit us (nigerians) too much. Is it because we are blacks and you guys are white?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nomso007(m): 5:17pm On Dec 01, 2013
some username:
Women here are average, its just that the only women who had the chance to flee the country during the 90s were models and hookers, both had to be hot to be successful.

LMAOoo
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 01, 2013
fellis: @some username, your knowledge of Russian history and current affairs is very impressive for your age.
#respect

Just what I was bout typing, @22 his knowledge is like that of a 70yr old.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by 50calibre(m): 5:25pm On Dec 01, 2013
gcfr.com:
just shut up ode.

You mustn't always display your barbarianism, this isn't a lagos bus garage where lousiness is the order of the day.

Be civil & don't talk to everyone like you talk to your folks at home.

2 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2013
The ruffians have arrived, haven't they?

I've learnt so much from this guy, please don't derail the thread.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Dhurmynick(m): 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2013
no offense bro

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by holysmoke(m): 5:42pm On Dec 01, 2013
Op I've enjoyed this thread. I get the impression that your knowledge of your country is higher than that of the average Russian.

I'd like to ask, are you familiar with the works of Alexander Solthzenitsyn (pardon me, not sure if I got the spelling right). He was a distinguished Russian scholar. In the hey days of communism as a child he remembered listening to his parents,grandparents & others sitting down discussing in hushed tones. They asked themselves," why is the government so cruel, why do they punish their citizens, why, why, why..." You know what the answer was at the end of every one of such deliberations? It was the same and it went thus... " It is because we have forgotten God".

You see,folks in your country who were old enough then and had experienced genuine religion earlier on in life witnessed the change that occurred in your country and could testify that Godlessness had made a mess of the social fabric of your country.

You may not understand what I'm telling you now if you're an atheist/agnostic with no familial religious bent, but do try to check it out.
The bottom line is Russia needs God in the person of His.son Jesus Christ, and dearly too... (well who doesn't).

As an aside, I commend your society for resisting the Western European onslaught of liberalism, gay rights and all the other nonsense. You must not relent in your efforts.

Finally are you people scared of the rising wave of Islam. Are you aware of the mohammedian agenda to take over the world? It's a good thing your immigration policy has not been favourable to the Islamization of your country. Now with England gradually caving in to Islam, France tottering on the edge and the rest of Western Europe in peril , are your people afraid? How much longer do you think you can hold out? Because the truth is with the way things are going now, unless something gives, much of Europe will be conquered in less than 2 generations.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by hiuser(m): 5:44pm On Dec 01, 2013
OMG! Everything is happening Oh my God!
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by GSKing: 5:44pm On Dec 01, 2013
This is a first hand experience of racism... all comments was purely in my face! Arrogant prat!undecided

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Pennywise(m): 5:48pm On Dec 01, 2013
Russian man, have you ever travelled outside of russia or the soviet union?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 01, 2013
The guy don go sleep, maybe na night dem dey for dem country now.

Mr. Russian, where are you?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Bash92(m): 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
holysmoke: Op I've enjoyed this thread. I get the impression that your knowledge of your country is higher than that of the average Russian.

I'd like to ask, are you familiar with the works of Alexander Solthzenitsyn (pardon me, not sure if I got the spelling right). He was a distinguished Russian scholar. In the hey days of communism as a child he remembered listening to his parents,grandparents & others sitting down discussing in hushed tones. They asked themselves," why is the government so cruel, why do they punish their citizens, why, why, why..." You know what the answer was at the end of every one of such deliberations? It was the same and it went thus... " It is because we have forgotten God".

You see,folks in your country who were old enough then and had experienced genuine religion earlier on in life witnessed the change that occurred in your country and could testify that Godlessness had made a mess of the social fabric of your country.

You may not understand what I'm telling you now if you're an atheist/agnostic with no familial religious bent, but do try to check it out.
The bottom line is Russia needs God in the person of His.son Jesus Christ, and dearly too... (well who doesn't).

As an aside, I commend your society for resisting the Western European onslaught of liberalism, gay rights and all the other nonsense. You must not relent in your efforts.

Finally are you people scared of the rising wave of Islam. Are you aware of the mohammedian agenda to take over the world? It's a good thing your immigration policy has not been favourable to the Islamization of your country. Now with England gradually caving in to Islam, France tottering on the edge and the rest of Western Europe in peril , are your people afraid? How much longer do you think you can hold out? Because the truth is with the way things are going now, unless something gives, much of Europe will be conquered in less than 2 generations.
Jehovah Witness alert

2 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by rhames(m): 6:27pm On Dec 01, 2013
So many things I wanted to ask about Russia long ago. Thanks for giving me the opportunity.

1. When is the best time to visit Russia as a tourist?
2. What are the places you will suggest for one to visit during my stay there?
3. Are Russian people friendly with foreigners from other continents?
4. Which would you suggest I stay in while there: a hotel or students hostel?
5. I have heard a lot about Russian girls. Are they friendly with foreigners?
6. How do you treat foreigners, especially Africans, in Russia?
7. What souvenirs can i buy from Russian stores?
8. Which part of Russia is the best tourist friendly place/city and when is the time to visit?

Can you teach me some basic russian?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Acedude: 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2013
E be like sey the guy don tire. Abi he don sleep ni? Op come answer us..
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Dhurmynick(m): 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2013
rhames: So many things I wanted to ask about Russia long ago. Thanks for giving me the opportunity.

1. When is the best time to visit Russia as a tourist?
2. What are the places you will suggest for one to visit during my stay there?
3. Are Russian people friendly with foreigners from other continents?
4. Which would you suggest I stay in while there: a hotel or students hostel?
5. I have heard a lot about Russian girls. Are they friendly with foreigners?
6. How do you treat foreigners, especially Africans, in Russia?
7. What souvenirs can i buy from Russian stores?
8. Which part of Russia is the best tourist friendly place/city and when is the time to visit?

Can you teach me some basic russian?

pm me.. i can teach u

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by terrykarl(m): 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2013
I think Username has done more publicity about Russia than your ambassador posted to nigeria can possibly do. It is Amazing to note you are just 22 years old going by the way your mastery of the history of your country. The internet is such a powerful positive force for good.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Underground: 7:07pm On Dec 01, 2013
I have been following this thread way before it made it to FP and I must say I am quite impressed with Username's knowledge of his country and the manner in which he has answered questions. I am a fan of Putin and I follow Russian affairs quite closely.

However by bringing this thread to the front page, Username would be hard pressed to answer the torrent of questions hurled at him and by the very fact that it's now made front page, there is a danger of the thread derailing by attracting trolls that wouldn't be necessarily click on such a thread in the first place
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
Idk if this has been already asked, but what do you think about PussyRiot and what Putin did to them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Iraq Court Orders Trump Arrest Over Drone Strike On Iran General / Russia Wants Ukraine War To End, The Sooner The Better - Putin / THE 50 Most Powerful Men In The World 2009!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.