Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,889 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Asup Strike Update - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Asup Strike Update (6936 Views)

ASUU Strike Update: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU / ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today / Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 8:53am On Nov 20, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen, fellow comrade in the house, ALUTA CONTINUA!!! VICTORIA ACERTA!!! It's over a month now that Academic Staff Union of Polytechnic resumes it suspended strike over a CONTISS 15 (whatever) issue. Thus sending majority of polytechnic students back to the street to join their comrade in the University. The most lugubrious aspect of this industrial action is that no positive development is forthcoming from either the Body or FGN and the media is totally blackout on this issue.

1 Like

Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 8:58am On Nov 20, 2013
Unlike ASUU's issue which has been media hyped Asup has gone into total obscurity. I am using this Medium to urge everyone who contributed to the last thread in June/july especially opeyemiad to independently report what is going with this body

1 Like

Re: Asup Strike Update by Mynd44: 9:08am On Nov 20, 2013
Go and buy your Christmas clothes abeg. Forget all talks of strike for now

1 Like

Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 20, 2013
I've always wanted to create a thread like this but thank God someone did. The problem is that in 5hrs time, u won't find this thread here again, u may find it on the second page or sort of. That makes me sick nd tired of writing abt asup. I've wrote on ASUP i think twice or so but nairalanders just read and leave no comment, that really is not helping matters.

Asup is the worst union in the universe, they know 4sure that they are so irrelevant and can't be easily noticed but they keep wasting our precious time. What kind of union will have most of it people working while few will struggle 4 what many will benefit frm?

Honestly, the silence is killing me faster than you can imagine. No news coming frm any angle, the union leaders are not media friendly, the medias are not concern abt them, the masses don't even knw what asup is, it is embarrassing.

I heard the bastards were to meet last wk friday nd since then, i've not heard any news again, i hope they know what they are doing.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 20, 2013
Re: Asup Strike Update by Jeetkool(m): 11:28am On Nov 20, 2013
LARRYDKING: I've always wanted to create a thread like this but thank God someone did. The problem is that in 5hrs time, u won't find this thread here again, u may find it on the second page or sort of. That makes me sick nd tired of writing abt asup. I've wrote on ASUP i think twice or so but nairalanders just read and leave no comment, that really is not helping matters.

Asup is the worst union in the universe, they know 4sure that they are so irrelevant and can't be easily noticed but they keep wasting our precious time. What kind of union will have most of it people working while few will struggle 4 what many will benefit frm?

Honestly, the silence is killing me faster than you can imagine. No news coming frm any angle, the union leaders are not media friendly, the medias are not concern abt them, the masses don't even knw what asup is, it is embarrassing.

I heard the bastards were to meet last wk friday nd since then, i've not heard any news again, i hope they know what they are doing.
Yap...
Truth talk

1 Like

Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
LARRYDKING: I've always wanted to create a thread like this but thank God someone did. The problem is that in 5hrs time, u won't find this thread here again, u may find it on the second page or sort of. That makes me sick nd tired of writing abt asup. I've wrote on ASUP i think twice or so but nairalanders just read and leave no comment, that really is not helping matters.

0ya br0s,i d0n c0mment
Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 1:46pm On Nov 20, 2013
it sadden my heart that the Body's irrelevancy is affecting the subject that is suffering from this time deficient industrial action. Contribute meaningfully and positively. Don't employ the fact that we urge you to comment anything positive about the said body to derail the thread. Thanks
Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 2:00pm On Nov 20, 2013
it's mine and your duty to make sure this thread survive that ill-fate

even their chairman attest to that!!

that is why we should air our view here and guard against dieing in silence. Let embark on independent reporting of trend of event either confirm by the Media or not
they always meet but disperse with either throwing chair at members or being attack by touts.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2013
They are not important.,they are trying to imitate ASUU

1 Like

Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 20, 2013
Abuklaw: it sadden my heart that the Body's irrelevancy is affecting the subject that is suffering from this time deficient industrial action. Contribute meaningfully and positively. Don't employ the fact that we urge you to comment anything positive about the said body to derail the thread. Thanks
U're ryt bro.

In which of the polys do u study?
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dr2great: They are not important.,they are trying to imitate ASUU
U're wrong, let me remind u.

It all started on the 29th of April when they embarked on a 7days warning strike nd then indefinately. They later suspended it on the 16th of july... Bro, they actually reminded ASUU that it was time for their yearly 'strike festival'.

1 Like

Re: Asup Strike Update by clemriches(m): 4:47pm On Nov 20, 2013
I have been asking myself same question, it feels so bad to knw that nothing has been said abt the strike. Although am not a polytechnic student but its really not fair... Every sector is important but i knw everything is possible wit God. I will kip commenting so that this thread doesnt go behind!

2 Likes

Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 5:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
LARRYDKING:
U're ryt bro.

In which of the polys do u study?
i represent the Federal Polytechnic Ede. What about you
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 20, 2013
Abuklaw: i represent the Federal Polytechnic Ede. What about you
Fed. Poly. Ilaro, Ogun State.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Abdulpro1(m): 9:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
wat baffles me most about dis whole drama is d fact dat d discrimination bw ASUU nd asup doesn't end here,it goes all d way 2 d labour market nd dats not fair,as 4 d media blackout,its up 2 u nd me 2 enlighten d general public 2hru dis forum nd i also pray dat God help us thru dis fight,anyway am a fed poly nekede aspirant nd i wnt u guys 2 wish me luck,thanks.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 20, 2013
Abdulpro1: wat baffles me most about dis whole drama is d fact dat d discrimination bw ASUU nd asup doesn't end here,it goes all d way 2 d labour market nd dats not fair,as 4 d media blackout,its up 2 u nd me 2 enlighten d general public 2hru dis forum nd i also pray dat God help us thru dis fight,anyway am a fed poly nekede aspirant nd i wnt u guys 2 wish me luck,thanks.
Best of luck bro...
Re: Asup Strike Update by Successguilders: 12:39am On Nov 21, 2013
LARRYDKING:
Best of luck bro...
Just commenting. Let us all raise our standard and stop this discrimination of poly and uni, your post counts
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 5:32am On Nov 21, 2013
Abuklaw: i represent the Federal Polytechnic Ede. What about you
Abuklaw & all that has posted here, una welldone and sorry for reporting late, I just came across this thread now. Actually all has been said, but concerning the discrimination stuff, it's a thing of the mind, you know what? some poly students will see this thread and won't comment, so we also happen to be one of our problems. As for me any time anybody ask me what I'm still doing at home I clearly tell them that A S U P is on strike, some will say they are not aware, and I'll tell them they may not be aware because nobody is talking about it, but now I have inform you, although no matter how you prove it, the discrimination will still be there because is a thing if the mind, as in e don dey dem mind sey poly na wash, but me no sey no be so, please you don't need to agree, I'm saying what I know, and then I don't really care if this doesn't make FP, let only those that wish to know be aware. Thanks
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 5:42am On Nov 21, 2013
Successguilders: Just commenting. Let us all raise our standard and stop this discrimination of poly and uni, your post counts
Exactly, some has done this through IT, NYSC and the labour market. Although they may not employ you or they employ you and give you something below your qualification, but please always prove your worth. Wherever you go, anything you do, in your speech, actions, dealings etc, let people see that you are not playing at your school, you don't need to deny who you are. I have actually heard and seen some poly graduates who have done well, and I know there are some who doesn't have any discrimination about Poly and Uni in them, just that they may be few.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 21, 2013
Abdulpro1: wat baffles me most about dis whole drama is d fact dat d discrimination bw ASUU nd asup doesn't end here,it goes all d way 2 d labour market nd dats not fair,as 4 d media blackout,its up 2 u nd me 2 enlighten d general public 2hru dis forum nd i also pray dat God help us thru dis fight,anyway am a fed poly nekede aspirant nd i wnt u guys 2 wish me luck,thanks.
Success in Jesus' name. For identifying yourself with us, God sees your heart. I rep Crown Polytechnic, Odo, Ado-Ekiti (I did my ND there) and The Federal Polytechnic, Ede. I would have resume for HND2 now, if not for this there strike and the previous one, God knows the best sha.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 21, 2013
The discrimination does not even count now, i'm just tired of strike every now nd then. Nigerians have flooded different part of the world, even to parts where the are not wanted, just to get quality education. I wonder what type of country Nigeria is, nothing works.

Someone said polytechnic students will read nd leave without drop their comments nd views, that's very 2ru. It even make me think they deserve the punishment asup is giving to us. Neverdless, we should remain united nd never loss hope.

Does anyone knw when the next nec meeting will hold?
Re: Asup Strike Update by yuskol(m): 7:52am On Nov 21, 2013
This post deserve to be on FP!!!
Re: Asup Strike Update by Energito: 8:25am On Nov 21, 2013
Mynd_44: Go and buy your Christmas clothes abeg. Forget all talks of strike for now
you dey mind them?i don buy mine since.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Mynd44: 8:27am On Nov 21, 2013
Energito: you dey mind them?i don buy mine since.
sharp guy
Re: Asup Strike Update by Energito: 8:29am On Nov 21, 2013
Make una forget poly enter national open uni of nigeria.poly no be skul.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Energito: 9:52am On Nov 21, 2013
Mynd_44:
sharp guy
poly no be skul
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 21, 2013
Energito: Make una forget poly enter national open uni of nigeria.poly no be skul.
We've heard u bro, u may leave the thread now.
Re: Asup Strike Update by bolagabriella: 11:24am On Nov 21, 2013
Energito: Make una forget poly enter national open uni of nigeria.poly no be skul.
Very STUPID!!! IDIOT!!! FOOL!!! BRAINLESS
Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 12:59pm On Nov 21, 2013
please stop agitating fp for this thread.though it deserve to be there but i'm afraid some gullible minds will derail it and give them the golden opportunity to espouse their delusion of supremacy. kudos to all the real comrades in the house.
Re: Asup Strike Update by fowowe411: 1:10pm On Nov 21, 2013
bolagabriella:
Very STUPID!!! IDIOT!!! FOOL!!! BRAINLESS
the guy nah real character no mind am
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 21, 2013
fowowe411: the guy nah real character no mind am
No mind am, different type of human reasoning. Is NOUN a sch to reckon with?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny New English Words And Their Meaning (photos) / Ambrose Alli University Cut Off Mark Misconception. / Neco 2015 / 2016 Marketing Questions & Answers (obj / Theory)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.