Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

The Police Are Always Strict On Young Motorists On The Highway: Why? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Police Are Always Strict On Young Motorists On The Highway: Why? (635 Views)

My Stolen Mazda 626 Has Been Recovered By The Police / Tricks Vulcanisers Use To Defraud Motorists / Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Police Are Always Strict On Young Motorists On The Highway: Why? by IBnatty(m): 1:35pm On Nov 20, 2013
I don't know why the Police are so mean whenever they see a youngman(mostly youths between 18 - 28 years) on the highway. More often than not, such motorists are asked to open their booths, show their papers and as well asked some questions. Severally I've seen and experienced this, especially in the East.
If you very observant, you will notice that most motorists the Police pull over on the highways are youngmen within this age bracket (and hardly do they pull female motorists over) Why is this? Can't a youngman get money anymore?
Re: The Police Are Always Strict On Young Motorists On The Highway: Why? by Bezed(m): 1:48pm On Nov 20, 2013
seriously mehn... You have to check your looks especially when hitting the high way.. Cos for me, i've never been stopped by any uniformed man asking me to open my hood.. The highest i've seen is, them asking me "where are you heading to" of which after i answer, case closed, i'm signaled to head my way..
Re: The Police Are Always Strict On Young Motorists On The Highway: Why? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
I think it has to do with your look and composure when approaching a check point,i have passed several check point from Abuja to east and sometimes to Lagos,i just rolled down my window,we exchange greetings ,then i zoom off.to the best of my knowledge thy have not searched my boot.the only day i was parked was when my light (head lamp) was on,and i didn't know.i apologized put off and zoomed off.
And i am sure i have not passed that age bracket.maybe there are some things you need to check very well when you are hitting the highway.
Re: The Police Are Always Strict On Young Motorists On The Highway: Why? by IBnatty(m): 2:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
I am always conscious of my appearance, hence I dress smart and like a responsible citizen that I am. Besides, I wear harry potter glasses.
As a youth worker/ (student leader (not SUG things o) most times I am not alone in the car, my male colleagues always accompany me.
I usually experience this in Imo, Anambra and (a few times between in Enugu)

(1) (Reply)

Honda Accord Idling Problem / I Need Used Golf3 / Sharan Vw. Fuel Consumtion And Difficulty In Moving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.