Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed (20707 Views)

Police Kill 5 Armed Robbers, Arrest 1 In Fierce Gun Battle In Lekki, Lagos / Police Kill Two Robbery Suspects In Gun Battle In Delta State (Graphic Pic) / Police, Robbers In Gun Battle In Ogun , 2 Killed (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by juman(m): 10:08am On Nov 21, 2013
sopoundz: God bless Nigeria

God break nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Pattey(m): 10:15am On Nov 21, 2013
Considering how much I detest the Nigerian Police Force, I really wish I didn't have to write this kind of 'positive' report about them, but, I just couldn't be biased.

Just last week, a car was snatched at Gunpoint at my bus-stop; few meters from last night's encounter. No one ever expected police to interfere and it was once the norm for 'men' to arm themselves. Come during riot then you'll kno who and who has got 'metal' grin

It was quite a distance from my place to the scene and while people were locking emselves inside, the journalist in me wanted to get a scoop. And I had to find my may through the dark to get a better view, well I missed capturing the dead bodies sad .

NO ONE BACK ON MY SIDE believed the police were involved until I gave a first-hand account. We had initially thought the robbers were having all the fun as usual, doing the shooting to scare people away.

There have been series of robberies in our area BUT police never gave response on time, at times, NOT AT ALL. This time, the robbers were being chased, from where? I couldn't get that, but we hope the Police are more reliable henceforth.

Usually, Police shooting in our area meant they were chasing Okada people to 'impound' their bikes.
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Ukutsgp(m): 10:23am On Nov 21, 2013
We should be very vigilant this season we are nw. Arm robber, kidnappers, fraudsters(419), yahoo boys and girls, ritualist, rapist, witches, wizard, occult, native doctors, false prophet, prostitute and so on are very desperate nowadays. They can do anything to get money and blood. But watch ur front, back, right side and left side cos u dnt know who is who and who is around you. Girls should stop rampant and night movement so as nt to get raped. Report any suspicious movement around ur area. In summary, just be alert and prayerful. Shikenah!
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by mapet: 10:25am On Nov 21, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dwas thinking same.........

But on a more serious note, I believe this is the dividends to LSSTF......
mustaphagreens:
No need for the long sermon bro, i get it, you have a bro who's currently a police officer grin grin grin
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 21, 2013
Kudos to the NPF!
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by aaniagu(m): 11:18am On Nov 21, 2013
kudos to them. The police are trying no doubt but that is there job so they should do it. The way they men in black collect money frm motorist is no longer bribe becos they force u to give them or stay with them at the check point for eternity. Plz can we term this new dimension a bribe? I expriencied such few weeks ago and it was a terrible experience. NB: The police should check mate the conduct of it men in kaduna when it is 9pm because of extortions and illegal check points. God bless nigeria

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by sopoundz(m): 11:32am On Nov 21, 2013
juman:

God break nigeria.
Nigeria won't break. We'l overcome diz phase

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by musicwriter(m): 11:38am On Nov 21, 2013
NPF is the best!. It have actually been proved each time they go on a foreign assignment. But of course back home you don't expect them to be saints because nobody is immune to corruption in Nigeria
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by ocelot2006(m): 11:41am On Nov 21, 2013
gbadexy: SARS aren't your regular police, they are like an elite unit with very high success rate. Especially SARS lagos.

Exactly. I think Lagos SARS were the pioneer team in the country. It takes a different breed of cop to enrol as a member of SARS. You need balls of steel and a VERY large liver cos SARS units tend to work very dangerous cases compared to other beats. SCID/FCID or Intelligence beureau provides the intel, and these operatives provide the hammer. It's no wonder they tend to recruit from units like MOPOL.
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 21, 2013
ROSSIKE: This is why I always fume when I see people ridiculing the Nigeria Police Force. That force has in its ranks some of the bravest men and women on the face of this planet. Ready to battle hardened armed robbers of the type London or New York policemen have never seen. Hundreds of them are killed yearly in these exchanges with robbers. They patrol the streets in their vehicles in the dead of night ready to take on these robbers, while we sleep comfortably in our homes, taking everything for granted. In fact one can say without reservation that the only thing standing between the majority of us 'middle class' type and those hideous, murderous men of the underworld are the brave men and officers of the Nigerian Police. Kudos to the force for their efforts.

I also implore Mr President to further increase the pay of these officers, to match the level of risk and effort involved in the job!

Brilliant Piece. Welldone. We are always quick to talk about how corrupt they are, than to honour our men and women in uniform, but there are more positives than negatives. Most us will not even join the police or army knowing that we may be killed in the process. One cultural change to imbibe in Nigeria is for us to alway honour our men and women in uniform, instead of always moaning about how corrupt they are. They are doing an excellent job in the midst of grave danger and I personaly applaud them for it, more Nigerians (like you did) need to applaud them the more and criticise them the less.

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Hero10001: 11:52am On Nov 21, 2013
gbadexy: SARS aren't your regular police, they are like an elite unit with very high success rate. Especially SARS lagos.
Lagos SARS!
Na dead-meat's den.
Those guy's are "No mercy Badoos"
They can melt the strongest of stoned-hearted Men in just 30 minutes.
Jack Bauer's style.
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by juman(m): 12:14pm On Nov 21, 2013
sopoundz: Nigeria won't break. We'l overcome diz phase

Must nigeria be one by fire by force?

Obviously one nigeria is not working.
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by segzicres(m): 12:21pm On Nov 21, 2013
imsu.boi:
wink
Lol
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 21, 2013
My elder brother was there o. He said he flew away ! Those sars operatives tried! My brother said the way they double crossed those thieves was like something from a tom cruise movie! That they faced the thieves and started shooting at each other at close range

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by slightlyMad(f): 1:16pm On Nov 21, 2013
SARS is different in every ramification because those guys are the elite of the police force (i think), they dont believe in juju and they always come back successful.
I once overheard 2 Ikeja SARS police chats and one was telling the other, "the guy think say i fear death" the other responded "you no tell am say na SARS, say everyday we wake, we dey pray make death come today" then room filled with laughter.

i just shook my head in disbelieve.

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Allboiz: 1:25pm On Nov 21, 2013
As people gathered at the scene of the bloody
encounter, some people were seen picking
shelled 'Bullet Casings'. This depicted a high
level of ignorance by many people as such
could put them in trouble
So this locality of a thing is even becoming rampant in lagos.
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Decryptor(m): 1:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
Pattey:

As people gathered at the scene of the bloody encounter, some people were seen picking shelled 'Bullet Casings'. This depicted a high level of ignorance by many people as such could put them in trouble. If peradventure, one of those picking the bullet casings were to be stopped in a police 'stop and search' operation, how would he/she justify the possesion of such items? Despite efforts to stop people, as one person drops a shell, another simply picked it up, and off into his pocket it went.

Awo should have added "Illegal Possession of Exhibits" in his FREE EDUCATION CURRICULUM! Illiterate People.
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by eluquenson(m): 1:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
SARS stands out from Nigeria devil police, there major work is Anti Robbery, while the dreadful ones are meant for public disruption.

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by eluquenson(m): 1:51pm On Nov 21, 2013
slightlyMad: SARS is different in every ramification because those guys are the elite of the police force (i think), they dont believe in juju and they always come back successful.
I once overheard 2 Ikeja SARS police chats and one was telling the other, "the guy think say i fear death" the other responded "you no tell am say na SARS, say everyday we wake, we dey pray make death come today" then room filled with laughter.

i just shook my head in disbelieve.

I quite understand they are brave & you never can tell the extent they go to fortify their self but what I observe is other dreadful police are always scared of SARS & if asked whether they care to join them they always reject it.
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by eyenCalabar(m): 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
obadiah777: whats the purpose of the pictures ?

Without pictures, you people would complain and now with pictures, you are still complaining. Would you have believed the story without pictures? undecided

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
i was present at this incident yesterday. from what i observed during the ordeal. i don't think those robbers where armed, if they were it would have been more bloodier with innocent pple hurt. because it was a largely populated street, with cars and houses and shops on both side.. they (the robbers) were about driving off in an unmarked vehicle. and they were double crossed.by the police who got an info they where in the area on patrol. i remember the police man shouting stop and shoot that vehicle.. and i saw rapid fire from the police men from all sides. i initially thot it was a stop and search party until i saw this cops open fire on the vehicle.. as for those picking up bullet shells. they were later told not to..when the police came back for some package they left behind a building..
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Streetrep: 2:11pm On Nov 21, 2013
most people are illiterate,they differentiate sars from police,sars mopol, cid, are all police men,sars is a unit in d police force,a regular police can enter into sars unit or any department,sars,meaning special anti robbery under police.
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Streetrep: 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2013
[quote
author=eluquenson]SARS stands out from Nigeria devil police, there
major work is Anti Robbery, while the dreadful ones are meant for public
disruption.[/quote]sars are still police men my friend,police no be only black and black mopol,cid,sars are all under police they interchange them.
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Clinton594(m): 2:30pm On Nov 21, 2013
I fear sars more than soldiers in a way shaa
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by sopoundz(m): 3:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
juman:

Must nigeria be one by fire by force?

Obviously one nigeria is not working.
yes! We v 2. D westerners r scared of a united nigeria, Nigeria cn b a global power if we r united. I won't b surprised if d US has a hand on some of our crisis

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by nawtikid(m): 3:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
ROSSIKE:

I also implore Mr President to further increase the pay of these officers, to match the level of risk and effort involved in the job!

stil remains d most reasonable statement 4rm ur comment
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by lekkie073(m): 4:10pm On Nov 21, 2013
Nigeria police can be good if they want to be....
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by juman(m): 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
sopoundz: yes! We v 2. D westerners r scared of a united nigeria, Nigeria cn b a global power if we r united. I won't b surprised if d US has a hand on some of our crisis

Nobody is scared of united nigeria. nigerians destroyed their country.

53 years of failure is enough.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses / Nigeria Ranked 16th In FBI Global Cybercrime Victims Report / Prophetess’ Son Rapes 9-Year-Old Girl In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.