Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies (1715 Views)

EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives / FG Traces Looted Funds To UK, Switzerland, Others / Fashola Accuses FG Of Diverting SURE-P Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by enejihotmailc: 11:08pm On Nov 20, 2013
The State Security Service (SSS) has allegedly traced a whooping N3 billion Subsidy Reinvestment Programme (SURE-P) money allocated to Jigawa state government into the bank accounts of sons and cronies of the embattled Jigawa State Governor Mr. Sule Lamido.

Two of the Lamido's sons are presently before the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for an alleged fraud to the tune of N11 billion.

Sources hinted that rather than remit the SURE-P funds to beneficiaries, the Lamidos converted the funds to personal use.

Read more: http://www.frontiersnews.com/index.php/news/6562-breaking-news-sss-traces-n3-billion-sure-p-money-to-lamidos-cronies
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by Louis88: 1:08am On Nov 21, 2013
The hypocrisy of these Governors is mind boggling. They will steal money and come out to accuse Jona's FG. Is it not the same SURE P funds which the Amaechi led NGF is making noise about? How come Sule Lamido has the moral vertebrae to criticise GEJ of missing funds when he's actually the one who is evaporating this money. We are in trouble in this country. The same people masquerading as saints are the ones looting us dry.
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by uzomagic(m): 1:12am On Nov 21, 2013
The last time I checked, Sule Lamido was claiming to be a progressive governor and APC has been wooing him to cross over to their party. Is this the kind of corrupt leadership that he seeks to replicate in APC? I said it that APC may turn out to be a disaster for Nigeria. I rather stick with PDP.

1 Like

Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by Dollarman101: 1:21am On Nov 21, 2013
I salute EFCC for doing a nice job in tracing Lamido's son and those bankers. I heard many of the directors are in custody. That is good. Enough is enough. Let them arrest and prosecute all of them. this culture of impunity must stop. How can they steal 3 billion Naira from SURE P? That is damn too much and makes oduahgate a child's play. And this is coming from a family who wants to govern Nigeria. Look at the calibre of people who want GEJ out. At this rate, Lamido will make the worst and corrupt president. Can you beat that? 3 Billion!!

3 Likes

Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by Maduale: 1:29am On Nov 21, 2013
uzomagic: The last time I checked, Sule Lamido was claiming to be a progressive governor and APC has been wooing him to cross over to their party. Is this the kind of corrupt leadership that he seeks to replicate in APC? I said it that APC may turn out to be a disaster for Nigeria. I rather stick with PDP.

Don't mind them. They can only deceive gullible Nigerians. Overnight they have become progressives because APC needs power at all cost. Imagine the scandal associated with the family of a Governor who wants to be President. People and youths have been lamenting that Community SURE P allowances have not been paid. We now have a clue. This man and his sons pocketed SURE P meant for EMPOWERNMENT of youths in the state.

Tomorrow, he will appear on TV advocating for change and power shift to the north and many will still take him seriously. It's unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by Bukkyade: 1:39am On Nov 21, 2013
Shebi this is the same Governor whoose son was caught travelling with over $10,000 dollars? He may also be the same boy whoose car hit a pedestrian in Kano? their own is becoming too much joor. Are they not well trained or what? This time around they are enmeshed in another fraud to the tune of 3 billion Naira. When I heard the news of their arrest and detention by EFCC, I felt it was a small thing until I heard the huge amount involved. This is very serious. EFCC needs to thoroughly investigate this matter and bring them to book. They say GEJ is not fighting corruption, maybe he has to set another example with this. This is too much. Too much corruption.
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by Arobam: 1:46am On Nov 21, 2013
Mtchewwwww!! This is no case. If I am Sule Lamido, I will get out of this case and even earn more popularity with it. It's simple. Just issue a press conference and tell the world that Jonathan is persecuting you for your struggle for democracy and change of leadership in 2015.
I trust Nigerians they will buy into it immediately and make Lamido a hero instead. I know how such things work. Any question about the 3 billion will be replied with a counter question, "is he the only one? leave that thing, Jonathan is just fighting him because of 2015"

1 Like

Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by Mallamabdul: 1:48am On Nov 21, 2013
Arobam: Mtchewwwww!! This is no case. If I am Sule Lamido, I will get out of this case and even earn more popularity with it. It's simple. Just issue a press conference and tell the world that Jonathan is persecuting you for your struggle for democracy and change of leadership in 2015.
I trust Nigerians they will buy into it immediately and make Lamido a hero instead. I know how such things work. Any question about the 3 billion will be replied with a counter question, "is he the only one? leave that thing, Jonathan is just fighting him because of 2015"

grin grin grin exactly, na true you talk bro.
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by Countryman93: 1:53am On Nov 21, 2013
Arobam: Mtchewwwww!! This is no case. If I am Sule Lamido, I will get out of this case and even earn more popularity with it. It's simple. Just issue a press conference and tell the world that Jonathan is persecuting you for your struggle for democracy and change of leadership in 2015.

You got the drift. You just took the words out of my mouth. 10000 likes
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by scribble: 1:53am On Nov 21, 2013
Jonathan that cant prosecute Oduah can find SURE P money abi....if i hia
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by Mekusnwa: 2:01am On Nov 21, 2013
scribble: Jonathan that cant prosecute Oduah can find SURE P money abi....if i hia

While not holding any defence for Oduah, you cant compare this level of corruption with that of Oduah. The two are worlds apart.
First, the amount involved in Oduah's case is pocket money compared with the one Lamido and his sons stole.
Secondly, Oduah did not buy the car for her personal use but as operational vehicles in the name of NCAA but Lamido converted 3 billion Naira meant for SURE P into his sons private accounts.
Thirdly, Oduah testified that she approved the purchase but asked them to do the needful, but in Lamido's case there's no pretence to adhere to any due process whatsoever. Simply direct stealing into his Son's accounts. Haba!

1 Like

Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by Zutchy: 2:06am On Nov 21, 2013
Bukkyade: Shebi this is the same Governor whoose son was caught travelling with over $10,000 dollars? He may also be the same boy whoose car hit a pedestrian in Kano? their own is becoming too much joor. Are they not well trained or what? This time around they are enmeshed in another fraud to the tune of 3 billion Naira. When I heard the news of their arrest and detention by EFCC, I felt it was a small thing until I heard the huge amount involved. This is very serious. EFCC needs to thoroughly investigate this matter and bring them to book. They say GEJ is not fighting corruption, maybe he has to set another example with this. This is too much. Too much corruption.

cheesy yes it's the same person but this time around, he appears to have been joined by his junior brother.
They have registered a company-Lamido & sons ltd for looting of tax payers money.
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by adconline(m): 2:14am On Nov 21, 2013
Mekusnwa:

While not holding any defence for Oduah, you cant compare this level of corruption with that of Oduah. The two are worlds apart.
First, the amount involved in Oduah's case is pocket money compared with the one Lamido and his sons stole.
Secondly, Oduah did not buy the car for her personal use but as operational vehicles in the name of NCAA but Lamido converted 3 billion Naira meant for SURE P into his sons private accounts.
Thirdly, Oduah testified that she approved the purchase but asked them to do the needful, but in Lamido's case there's no pretence to adhere to any due process whatsoever. Simply direct stealing into his Son's accounts. Haba!

No need to explain to the intellectually and mathematically challenged.. It's congenitally built in their DNA not to get it. Good luck explaining to them.

1 Like

Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by Puntae: 2:18am On Nov 21, 2013
Funny enough, this clown and his other counterparts in G7 want us to believe they are saints who will bring about good leadership at the center. GEJ may as well have my vote in 2015.
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by Naijagunner83: 2:21am On Nov 21, 2013
grin grin grin grin NEW PDP!!! NEW CORRUPTION!!!!

1 Like

Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by Mandelaguy(m): 2:26am On Nov 21, 2013
uzomagic: The last time I checked, Sule Lamido was claiming to be a progressive governor and APC has been wooing him to cross over to their party. Is this the kind of corrupt leadership that he seeks to replicate in APC? I said it that APC may turn out to be a disaster for Nigeria. I rather stick with PDP.

You don't get it. He has to steal enough money including SURE P so that he can sponsor all those their frivolous trips to Minna, port harcourt and Otta in pursuit of a failed 2015 presidential agenda.
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by divatosin(f): 2:34am On Nov 21, 2013
Here comes the new bride of APC clothed in his long gowns that reek of corruption and greed. Lamido is walking down the aisle where he will be joined in matrimony with the corruption czar- Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Both will produce a union that will sell Nigeria eventually.

Make I go find my visa to Cameroun.
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by Tintinix: 4:28am On Nov 21, 2013
Its becoming clearer!
Infact if we should all ask where the sure-p funs of our various states are at we'd all be pleasantly surprised as usual.
I had mentioned that a number of us didn't know that these funds were also being allocated to state and LG governments cos I see nothing coming from them this story would coroborate my ignorance!
When my State Governor will be screaming blue murder on the whereabouts of funds that his State receives the second largest share, tells me that that fund is either not there, or it has been confused for another flow of unexplained cash or them no know the money them dey chop sef!

At this rate of stealing all Nigerian should be a mega millionaire.

1 Like

Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by pleasantchi: 4:51am On Nov 21, 2013
We can only hear it now. After now what happens next? It will go d same way others went. All of them are d same. All dogs dey chop shit but na d one wey chop finish no con clean em mouth well na em chop shit pass.
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by gramci: 5:23am On Nov 21, 2013
APC will transform him to progressive grin
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by talktimi(m): 6:45am On Nov 21, 2013
Choi ! cry
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by Desric(m): 6:57am On Nov 21, 2013
All this one is because of Lamido's perceived Presidential Ambition? What is good for the goose is also good for the gander, A glaring case is the case of the President's Mother building and donating a hostel to a University in Bayelsa state. Who gave her Money, what does she do for a living? Lamido is corrupt, very good, but must we always know who is corrupt only when the person falls out the Presidency? Is Governor T.A Orji and Seriake Dickson at least I am sure of these ones if not for anything, are they not convincingly, glaring and nakedly corrupt? Myopic, Naïve, inferiority complex induced Propaganda. No wonder Peter Obi is acting like ways too, Like President 16 is greater than 19 like his O'yes follow follow Governors.
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by obyrich(m): 7:34am On Nov 21, 2013
This is exactly why they insisted that EFCC must not investigate them. Like this post if you think people who loot our treasury deserve capital punishment as practised in China.

1 Like

Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by ShyDare(m): 7:47am On Nov 21, 2013
Which sane person wil steal so much moni lyk dis. I just so wish dia is a death penalty 4 pple who steal moni in 9ja. Wen 10+ governors r executed 4 graft, dis gods wil stop pilfering.
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by Youngzedd(m): 8:03am On Nov 21, 2013
Shy Dare: Which sane person wil steal so much moni lyk dis. I just so wish dia is a death penalty 4 pple who steal moni in 9ja. Wen 10+ governors r executed 4 graft, dis gods wil stop pilfering.

Death penalty is the best.
How can one family hold the whole states with millions of people to ransom.

Death by hanging ..

Those supporting this crime are all their family members.

Keep 2015 out of this.
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by MOHPHETH: 8:09am On Nov 21, 2013
Desric: All this one is because of Lamido's perceived Presidential Ambition? What is good for the goose is also good for the gander, A glaring case is the case of the President's Mother building and donating a hostel to a University in Bayelsa state. Who gave her Money, what does she do for a living? Lamido is corrupt, very good, but must we always know who is corrupt only when the person falls out the Presidency? Is Governor T.A Orji and Seriake Dickson at least I am sure of these ones if not for anything, are they not convincingly, glaring and nakedly corrupt? Myopic, Naïve, inferiority complex induced Propaganda. No wonder Peter Obi is acting like ways too, Like President 16 is greater than 19 like his O'yes follow follow Governors.
If Lamido had donated the stolen money to his state university problem won't arise.
you hate mama GEJ?

1 Like

Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by drlaykay(m): 8:56am On Nov 21, 2013
Though I prefare anything to pdp yet If jonathan brings this man to book,then he sure would get my vote come 2015!
But I am so sure it will be swept under the carpet like every other case in the past
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by theoctopus: 9:01am On Nov 21, 2013
dr.laykay:
Though I prefare anything to pdp yet If jonathan brings this man to book,then he sure would get my vote come 2015!
But I am so sure it will be swept under the carpet like every other case in the past

Jonathan cant bring him to book. He has immunity, remember? But his sons will go to jail and maybe he will join them when he finishes his term.
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by Ugom38(f): 9:11am On Nov 21, 2013
Louis88: The hypocrisy of these Governors is mind boggling. They will steal money and come out to accuse Jona's FG. Is it not the same SURE P funds which the Amaechi led NGF is making noise about? How come Sule Lamido has the moral vertebrae to criticise GEJ of missing funds when he's actually the one who is evaporating this money. We are in trouble in this country. The same people masquerading as saints are the ones looting us dry.

its so alarming,i have also said it dat one day,when the money to launder has finished,human laundering will begin.
Nigeria my country which way forward?indeed i weep for my country
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by 99100(m): 9:15am On Nov 21, 2013
With this his children continue detention, he(Lamido) will have less or no time for their illegal anti-party G7 meetings.
They have kept him busy atleast.
If he has immunity, he children has non.
They call for it and they shall get it.
Lets play it dirty.
Who said whichunting is not part of politics.
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by talktimi(m): 9:17am On Nov 21, 2013
Yet our only viable alternative considers this man and his cronies as progressives... Smh
Re: SSS Traces N3 Billion SURE-P Money To Lamido's Cronies by theoctopus: 9:28am On Nov 21, 2013
talktimi: Yet our only viable alternative considers this man and his cronies as progressives... Smh

To be a progressive in Nigeria means to be anti people and dictatorial. Just look at Lagos state and how it is being governed. Looting extravaganza! Ably supported by a crowd of bigots and sycophants!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let The Vote Between GEJ And Buhari Start Now. / New Nigerians Trains As Opposed To The One On Frontpage... / Benin-Ore Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.