Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway (25313 Views)

Question On Driveway Gate / Big Shop With Frontage To Let @ ANTHONY VILLAGE Good For / A Large Shop With A Glass Displayable Frontage To Let On Diya St,gbagada: 750k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by oyedun82(m): 3:28pm On Nov 21, 2013
nice one buh u wan block mallam source of income b dat o
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by Kingslaw(m): 3:48pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ok we don hear.
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by sylve11: 4:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
ok cool
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by braine(m): 4:14pm On Nov 21, 2013
If you try this• It will kill all the plants around and not only the weed• So those of you with nice ornamental plants should take note•
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by oladele17: 4:22pm On Nov 21, 2013
cHAIRMAN, U WANT TO TURN OUR LAND TO ZIMBABWE!
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by folahann(m): 4:25pm On Nov 21, 2013
As long as it works, don't care what else it kills.
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by hillsate: 5:00pm On Nov 21, 2013
The easiest method na to put interlocking tiles na.
OR
Pour concrete.
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by juanmiguel: 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2013
Boomboost: Cutting grass weekly or hiring grass cutters to cut your grass can become unbearable.However,if you don't want grass growing in an area for a long period of time,mix 1 pound of salt or any large amount and put in a gallon of boiling water and spray.Also,spraying vinegar works but its less harsh and permanent than boiled salt solution.Please share any other method and your experiences with killing weeds that are safe for the enviroment and for You.
Jst sweep d place daily dats all.

1 Like

Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by Vandi2: 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
one of the method i can guarantee of clearing grass. Is to wait for dry season, and burnt d dam bush
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by kingsolve(m): 5:53pm On Nov 21, 2013
Good idea, I should try it out. That would be great if it works out. We need to kill lotta grasses in my area......
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2013

1 Like

Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by Pokemon43(f): 5:58pm On Nov 21, 2013
Salt kor?d one way i wan take cook soup?e nor go reach
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by silvercloud: 6:27pm On Nov 21, 2013
Thanks for the tip, will give it a try. wink
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by tlops(m): 6:30pm On Nov 21, 2013
Why do you want to permanently destroy ur soil? You can coordinate the grasses to give you home a pleasant look.
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 21, 2013

1 Like

Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by nenergy(m): 7:05pm On Nov 21, 2013
Invest in 2 stubborn billy goats.lol

2 Likes

Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by dnawah(m): 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2013
By allowing call girls to pee on it.this may even kill u and act as anti snake/mosquitoes.
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by Koikoi(m): 7:24pm On Nov 21, 2013
dnawah: By allowing call girls to pee on it.this may even kill u and act as anti snake/mosquitoes.

Protect our ecosystem. I beg you
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by LasBonBoi: 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Serious?
Just salt & hot water.
If you use this method I presume you would have prepared to deal with the consequential rust that will follow.
If you have any metal like cars, handrails, gates in such a concentrated salty environment the level of rust will be very high.
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by phyla(m): 8:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
A friend told me about this salt solution thingy for killing weeds,I tried it two days ago and honestly it worked.atlest the area I sprayed are dried now and I repeated d saame today again,hoping to get result from it by 2moro or next.Mind you,its the local salt they sell in the market and not the type you buy in the supermarket oo

2 Likes

Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by phreakabit(m): 8:49pm On Nov 21, 2013
Hot water?. . . .. Shouldn't the title be how to destroy the environment?
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by phreakabit(m): 8:51pm On Nov 21, 2013
phyla: A friend told me about this salt solution thingy for killing weeds,I tried it two days ago and honestly it worked.atlest the area I sprayed are dried now and I repeated d saame today again,hoping to get result from it by 2moro or next.Mind you,its the local salt they sell in the market and not the type you buy in the supermarket oo

Bear in mind that you are aiding desertification. . . . Nothing will ever grow on that spot again if the level of salinity is too high.
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by Boomboost(m): 9:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
I hav som stubborn grasses in our frontyard n I don't like gettin blisters jux to cut grass...call it laziness buh some places don't need grass.

2 Likes

Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by derolemode(m): 9:55pm On Nov 21, 2013
...........Use of diesel
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by Sike(m): 10:19pm On Nov 21, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Serious?
Just salt & hot water.
Yeah... Says the OP.

1 Like

Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by Boomboost(m): 10:30pm On Nov 21, 2013
tlops: Why do you want to permanently destroy ur soil? You can coordinate the grasses to give you home a pleasant look.
Pls share with us,How r grasses coordinated?

1 Like

Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by Egbagirl(f): 10:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
Soon we will be looking for ways to grow grass. Why would anyone want to completely destroy fertile ground.
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 21, 2013
#followed!!!
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
Please,should the spraying be done while the salt water solution is still very hot or when it cool down and which type of salt is better? Also, can one use the sprayer normally use to spray herbicide or one just throw the salt water around?
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 21, 2013
Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by 9jatatafo(m): 11:36pm On Nov 21, 2013
I uses herbicides such as force-up and weed cut. They are very active

2 Likes

Re: How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway by MeAboki(m): 12:39am On Nov 22, 2013
nugeseda: Please,should the spraying be done while the salt water solution is still very hot or when it cool down and which type of salt is better? Also, can one use the sprayer normally use to spray herbicide or one just throw the salt water around?

My thoughts exactly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

RECENT CCTV INSTALLATIONS PICTURES.... / What Is The Estimated Cost Of This Floor Plan? / Fashola Revokes Governor's Consent On Lekki Lands Obtained By Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.