Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation (12142 Views)

Projects Commissioned By Governor Ayodele Fayose Today (photos) / Anxiety Over Cracks On N2.5bn Jonathan Commissioned Flyover In Kano / Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by bestview: 12:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
Pictures of the commissioned Awka Substation..

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by bestview: 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2013
Light situation in Awka and environs stands at the moment up to 20hrs a day.

7 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by ak47mann(m): 1:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
okwute is a performer cool saw it on NTA news the other day.He is a silent achiever, but why concentrate only in awka?onitsha and Nnewi need more MW than awka....
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by geeez: 1:29pm On Nov 21, 2013
And some people described it as a Power Plant in another thread

Now I see why the people can so easily be deceived

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 21, 2013
Witnessed so many commissioning in this country since i was born......My disposition about development in Nigeria is the same as it were.

Are we trying so hard to be under-developed or what?

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by Victorchuks4(m): 3:01pm On Nov 21, 2013
God bless anambra state

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by waterhouse071(m): 3:01pm On Nov 21, 2013
GOD bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by PointB: 3:01pm On Nov 21, 2013
geeez: And some people described it as a Power Plant

Now I see why the people can so easily be deceived

Substation geeez, can't you read!

A substation is a part of an electrical generation, transmission, and distribution system. Substations transform voltage from high to low, or the reverse, or perform any of several other important functions. Between the generating station and consumer, electric power may flow through several substations at different voltage levels.

A substation may include transformers to change voltage levels between high transmission voltages and lower distribution voltages, or at the interconnection of two different transmission voltages.
- Wikipedia

@topic,

Nice one.

14 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by tammie24: 3:01pm On Nov 21, 2013
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by chimex38: 3:01pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ordinary distribution Substation 4 awka alone?dats an embarrassment ... When i taught its should b a generating plant station with a wider capacity & area coverage...mtchww
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by ch4okechi(m): 3:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
coming close 2 first to comment
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by Lilimax(f): 3:11pm On Nov 21, 2013
Peter Obi is working, Anambra state is moving forward!

Haters oya.... grin

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 21, 2013
booked
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by powersunny: 3:11pm On Nov 21, 2013
When is this country going to develop for God's sake? Why must they install analogue power control panels instead of digital ones in this 21st century. I am so sure the contract amount will be x10 of the cost of installing modern versions.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by Akshow: 3:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
So make we begin dance?
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by Adesam09(m): 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2013
Oshi
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by Klinee: 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2013
Nonsense!! Dis dsnt need comendation at all. Ordinary substation and they are praising him. God help us in this anambra state.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by obayaya(m): 3:27pm On Nov 21, 2013
that's nice..
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by obayaya(m): 3:31pm On Nov 21, 2013
Klinee: Nonsense!! Dis dsnt need comendation at all. Ordinary substation and they are praising him. God help us in this anambra state.

you Call it ordinary?

well when you aggregate marginal gains Obi made in different sections, you will notice that it makes a whole lot of difference..

it's better than awarding 101 Road contracts at once and none is complete..

remember there are other sectors to look after..

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by bankyblue(m): 3:35pm On Nov 21, 2013
Shame to this government and the people of Anambra state, at this our
Time and stage we re still celebrating because of this!
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by theoctopus: 3:47pm On Nov 21, 2013
bankyblue: Shame to this government and the people of Anambra state, at this our
Time and stage we re still celebrating because of this!

Most of you are fake people from Osun. You come here and celebrate 10 MW of power Fashola commisioned to power street lights but call the building of a sub station rubbish! Bigots! grin

13 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by Nonybb: 3:48pm On Nov 21, 2013
Peter Obi is a criminal. I wouldnt celebrate with people that are gullible and easily deceieved.
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by Iykeponti(m): 3:49pm On Nov 21, 2013
Y now?? But its o.k... We getting somewhere ('-')
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by sss341: 3:55pm On Nov 21, 2013
The only thing I love about awka is its steady power supply.....fashola can like to learn from adaobi

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by geeez: 3:55pm On Nov 21, 2013
PointB:

Substation geeez, can't you read!

- Wikipedia

@topic,

Nice one.

A sub station is still not a power plant

If it is I'd like to know the power generation (not transmission or distribution) capacity of this station

There goes another ignorant one

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by impartialspec: 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2013
ok
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 21, 2013
My people in Umuleri - Ikenga Umudiani does not have light since Year 2012 in Anambra State.

May God punish the government of the state.
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by strangest(m): 4:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
Better than APC'S VIP toilet...

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by 8figure(m): 4:09pm On Nov 21, 2013
I feel like talking , but the time is not yet here...
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by Lanceslot(m): 4:18pm On Nov 21, 2013
chimex38: Ordinary distribution Substation 4 awka alone?dats an embarrassment ... When i taught its should b a generating plant station with a wider capacity & area coverage...mtchww
Mr man count 1 before counting 2.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by carmenblandish: 4:29pm On Nov 21, 2013
my brodas ....every leady comes up with him own strategy to chop money .....COMMISSIONING WITHOUT MAINTENANCE strategy = hallucination.

meanwhile money don enter pocket DIssappear....dem go jus buy generator call am transformer.
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by taharqa: 4:35pm On Nov 21, 2013
This is an FG's project, not that of Anambra State (strictly speaking).

And this is a Transmission substation (with Associated Transmission Lines), not a Distribution substation.

It is one of the ongoing commissioning of complted NIPP Project (Generation, Transmission, Distribution) nationwide.
NIPP commissioned 7 of of such projects in Lagos about a week ago (b4 then they were at Jos and Ibadan) http://www.zimbio.com/Nigeria+Today/articles/NzATHpLW2IG/Ndphc+Commissions+Seven+Projects+Lagos. They moved to Anambra, and I think Enugu, after that. And yesterday, they commissioned another 7 of such Projects in Kano http://naija247news.com/2013/11/20/ndphc-hands-7-injection-substations-kano-electricity-distribution-company/#sthash.LDPBXGOT.dpbs.

I read somewhere that they intend to inaugurate about 100 of such Power Projects across the nation before year end, including the EXTREMELY CRITICAL Ikot Ekpene-New Haven Enugu-Markudi-Jos 4 to 8 phase Transmission Line. Some of the 8 Remaining Power Generating Stations should also be commissioned by the President himself b4 year end.

As the MD of NPDCH/NIPP recently said: It is Commissioning Galore.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Okays Ijegun Tank Farm Operators' Move To Rebuild Community / 2023 APC Presidential Primary Election: Akpabio Visit South East Delegates / APC Is Going To Win This Election, We Are Lucky To Have Tinubu - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.