Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,616 members, 7,958,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:05 AM

Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna (4341 Views)

Nigeria Independence Day Celebration In Kaduna (photos) / Live: Pictures Of APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Kaduna / Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna by nameo: 2:27am On Nov 26, 2012
The Nigerian Army yesterday installed a 7.5 Mega Volt Amp (MVA), otherwise called 7500KVA electricity transformer at Ungwan Muazu, a suburb of Kaduna metropolis provided by the Presidential Committee on power.

Similar transformers are to be installed in all parts of the country by the Army Corps of Engineers.
Speaking to newsmen at the installation site in Kaduna yesterday, spokesman of the 1 Division, Nigerian Army and Assistant Army Public Relation Officer, Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman said, the choice of the Army Engineers for the installation of the transformers was due to the confidence the federal government has in the Nigerian Army.

According to him, the Army Corps of Engineers has carried out similar projects at the Sokoto International Airport and Makarfi in Kaduna State, adding that the project was a continuous one.

"The Nigerian Army has been tasked with constitutional responsibilities to give aides to civil authority. If you check section 217 of the Nigerian constitution, the Nigerian Army is vested with other responsibilities aside the provision of security.

"If you recall sometimes back, when a bridge collapsed in Sokoto, it was the Nigerian Army that rose to the occasion, and there so many instances like that.

"It is based on its salient performances that the Mr. President, Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces has enormous confidence in the ability of the Nigerian Army to deliver some of these social services," Col. Usman reiterated.

The transformer installed at Ungwan Muazu is expected to serve Ugwuan Muazu and its environs.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201211210650.html
Re: Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna by nameo: 3:32am On Nov 26, 2012
hahahaha

Anyways I think it is a good thing sha that our soldiers should be involved in projects like these sha. I hope they would come to my area if they are even serious.
Re: Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna by Nobody: 3:52am On Nov 26, 2012
Re: Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna by ITbomb(m): 8:15am On Nov 26, 2012
Are we now going to apply for my street transformer from soldiers.
I pray it stop at those MW transformers cos nobody go gree carry complain of faulty transformer go barracks

2 Likes

Re: Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna by samguru(m): 8:54am On Nov 26, 2012
please can someone enlighten on this issue,
All these projects being executed by Nigeria Army where do they get the funding?
Do they get the money from Budgetary provision or special allocation from Presidency or they are executing it from the defence budgetary allocation?

I sought for these clarifications because these may likely be a genesis of another contract racketeering
Re: Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna by jimino(m): 8:56am On Nov 26, 2012
Is gud 2 no dat our Army men can do something else oda dan carry gun abt.
Re: Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna by doctokwus: 8:57am On Nov 26, 2012
May God not allow anybody spoil dis week for one.On a monday morning,somebody found dis item not just newsworthy but news enough to be on d frontpage.
Seun,u must sanction d moderator dat put this on d frontpage& if u are d one,suspend urself for one month from having anytin to do wt nairaland,ur site or not.This is annoying to say d least,haba!
Re: Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 26, 2012
Owki
Re: Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna by christ4mi(f): 9:21am On Nov 26, 2012
Only in the North? 6th to comment
Re: Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna by naptu2: 9:33am On Nov 26, 2012
In the '80s and '90s citizens, human rights groups etc advocated that the military (especially the Nigerian Army Corp of Engineers) should be used to construct bridges, dams, etc. The theory then was that the military was bored and doiing nothing in the barracks, which was why they frequently staged coups.

In recent years the army has built barracks and other such facilities through self help. President Jonathan, while commissioning one of such facilities, encouraged the army to bid for civil works contracts as a means of raising funds to fund its activities.

3 Likes

Re: Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna by justman29(m): 10:27am On Nov 26, 2012
9jirians shud encourage dis sojos, they r getting themself meaningfully busy insted of basking in bordom that will invariably lead to vices... Thumbs up officer!
Re: Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna by Reference(m): 10:37am On Nov 26, 2012
These are the people to supervise infrastructural works when you declare a state of emergency in any sector. When supervision by for instance the Ministry of Works on any project fails, these guys should be brought in. In tough terrains where you have insurgencies and militant activities these guys can be engaged and for critical infrastructure like railways and dams. Most of the rail-lines laid by the British throughout Africa and Asia were built under psuedo-military supervision. The jokers called contractors and their corrupt and inept paymasters has certainly not served us well.
Re: Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna by Jblx(m): 11:14am On Nov 26, 2012
I envy the Islamic Revolution Guard Corps(IRGC) of Iran for their self-sufficiencies in tackling problems. This is a welcome development in my own very mother-land, 9ja. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna by taharqa: 11:46am On Nov 26, 2012
This is a very welcome development in my view. Since a big problem now in d Power sector is the evacuation of generatd power, an efficient body like the army can help to install some of the Transmission and Distribution facilities in order to speed up the work going on by conventional contractors.... Kudos to d Army; they should do more of these nationwide as they promisd

1 Like

Re: Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna by Braincage: 11:57am On Nov 26, 2012
Jblx: I envy the Islamic Revolution Guard Corps(IRGC) of Iran for their self-sufficiencies in tackling problems. This is a welcome development in my own very mother-land, 9ja. God bless Nigeria!

Mstcheeeew. Dat wld b 1 of d last tin i wil even tink of. Iran?? Wat a sick nation.. Dat out of pride continue 2 tempt d US n Isreal into war @ d risk of their civilian lives.
U neva c beta soldier envy na Iran. Msctheeew!!!!!
Re: Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna by KINGwax(m): 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2012
musiwa7: this most be a joke
you must be a clown to see that as a joke!

(1) (Reply)

Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? / Nnamdi Kanu's Parents Beg FG: Please Release Our Son / I Am Tired Of Being A Nigerian..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.