Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

What Is Religion And Why Do We Need Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Religion And Why Do We Need Religion? (1003 Views)

The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. / I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. / Does One Need Religion In Order To Exercise Faith In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Religion And Why Do We Need Religion? by Tirmidhi: 6:46pm On Jul 19, 2008
Dear member, if the topic is of concern to you irrespective of your religion find the athached document, read and benefit from it. If you have any question feel free to contact me 08039905913, hallo_olaniyan@yahoo.com.

Let us reason together to attain everlasting felicity (al-jannah) paradise together.

Re: What Is Religion And Why Do We Need Religion? by mazaje(m): 7:20pm On Jul 19, 2008
Why is Allah better than Jehova? pls give us good reasons
Re: What Is Religion And Why Do We Need Religion? by huxley(m): 7:33pm On Jul 19, 2008
so that some gullible people may be exploited and fleeced. smiley
Re: What Is Religion And Why Do We Need Religion? by olabowale(m): 8:12pm On Jul 19, 2008
@Huxley: To fleece you, how much do i have to offer? I mean money or other form of exchange so that you become a muslim. Afterall, everyone has a price. You left west africa for europe. The europeans have fleeced the african countinent off of your knowledge. You contribute something to the english economy, don't you?

If I buy your loyalty, with enough euro or pound sterling. You will have no choice but to become a muslim. But i am willing to spend a dime on you. So you have to become a muslim. The same reason you left christainity. That reason is sufficient to bring you to Islam. After your playing around in the world of disbelief.
Re: What Is Religion And Why Do We Need Religion? by tpia: 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2008
see Olabawale fervently proselytizing or is it evangelizing, since this morning. grin
Re: What Is Religion And Why Do We Need Religion? by NegroNtns(m): 10:58am On Jul 20, 2008
Religion was meant as a communal recharging station for the individual soul to redeem itself and maintain its sense of divinity on account of the imperfection and propensity of the body in which it resides to perpetually be engaged in acts of corruption and sin. For this reason, temples are created and designated as sacred. The intention being that on entry, the body is humbled and the ego subdued for the beginning of the cleansing and rituals that take place on the temple grounds. Unfortunately in these ages, the custodians of religion, the high priests themselves, that we rely on to cleanse and lead us in the rituals of redemption are themselves dirtier, more sinful and more treacherous than the congregation they lead.

This is different from spirituality. Spirituality is a individual quest for truth, a yearning desire to merge the soul to a divine source. The ways of peace, the ascent to unravel the unconscious part of self.
Re: What Is Religion And Why Do We Need Religion? by PastorAIO: 6:14pm On Jul 20, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Religion was meant as a communal recharging station for the individual soul to redeem itself and maintain its sense of divinity on account of the imperfection and propensity of the body in which it resides to perpetually be engaged in acts of corruption and sin. For this reason, temples are created and designated as sacred. The intention being that on entry, the body is humbled and the ego subdued for the beginning of the cleansing and rituals that take place on the temple grounds.
This is different from spirituality. Spirituality is a individual quest for truth, a yearning desire to merge the soul to a divine source. The ways of peace, the ascent to unravel the unconscious part of self.

QTF!! There is nothing for me to add here but to say that I concur totally. I took out the part about the dirty religious leaders though because it is not my place to pass judgement on them.
Re: What Is Religion And Why Do We Need Religion? by NegroNtns(m): 9:53am On Jul 21, 2008
Pastor,

It is refreshing to see you agree with me on this issue.

On the part of corrupt and sinful Priests, do you not agree that they are misleading and mis educating the masses? That in the name of Christianity, they are leading men and women away from what is truly Christ-like and that they do so very successfully by using tactics that were skillfully employed by colonial missionaries to conquer Africans in ways that the guns and mortars of colonial Armies could not?

It is not fair to excuse them on fear of condemning remarks while their tongues and teachings are instrumental in the condemnation of multitude souls that follow them blindly, believing in their false messages of prophecy.
Re: What Is Religion And Why Do We Need Religion? by PastorAIO: 11:40am On Jul 21, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

On the part of corrupt and sinful Priests, do you not agree that they are misleading and mis educating the masses?  That in the name of Christianity, they are leading men and women away from what is truly Christ-like and that they do so very successfully by using tactics that were skillfully employed by colonial missionaries to conquer Africans in ways that the guns and mortars of colonial Armies could not?

It is not fair to excuse them on fear of condemning remarks while their tongues and teachings are instrumental in the condemnation of multitude souls that follow them blindly, believing in their false messages of prophecy.

There are many things that will cause people to lose their way in life, but as regards certain priests etc, I do not feel that it is my place to accuse them.  If someday the spirit moves me to say something about that then I will, according to the inspiration. 

However what I am inspired to say is that there is an appropriation for each and every individual.  There is a blueprint, a Truth within, a script, an anointing, an appointment, an Iranse (a message),   an eudaimonia within each and every human being and that to follow this is the purpose of our creation and the way to please God. 

This is the essence of religion.  To re-connect you to this gameplan.  From this flows everything that is good in a human being's life.  To find that which has been appropriated for you and to stick to it is what is Proper, Right, Righteous, Worshipful and True.  To deviate from it is corruption. 

I would rather go on about this than have my rhetoric reduced to nothing but Priest bashing.  I favour positivity than negativity.  Priest bashing will not tell the people that they have a portion.  They have a Reservation at a table that is better than any other table in any restaurant on the whole planet. 
Yes, I would rather just get down to the crux of the matter than waste time swatting at those flies called crooked priests.
Re: What Is Religion And Why Do We Need Religion? by PastorAIO: 11:45am On Jul 21, 2008
. . . . Soooo . . . , why do we need religion?

Because we have a tendency to follow and engage in Misappropriation of our being and our resources. Therefore we need the discipline of religion to subdue this tendency and follow rather the tendency for Truth.
Re: What Is Religion And Why Do We Need Religion? by littleb(m): 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2008
Religious means a way of life. We need a religion because we need a perfect way of life that encompasses everything. Moreso, what Almighty God requires of us is to practice a way of life and channell all its activities towards worshiping Him alone and not associating partners to him. This perfect way of life has thus being explained in divine revelation from God and thereby explain to humanbeing from time time since day one Adam was created. One perfect way of life means total submission to His will and judgement and remember Him in wahtever one does. Worship is there for us to remember Him. And it is in this
remembrance that we achieve that consciousness. Because it is when we forget God, that devil causes us to disobey God and fall into sin.
This life is a test. A test for us that will we worship God, or will we forget Him.
Re: What Is Religion And Why Do We Need Religion? by NegroNtns(m): 3:43am On Jul 22, 2008
Pastor,

For these words that you say, May the Blessings of God envelope around you in every direction of your being, Amen.

I don't know what to say, that's not something I can counter.
Re: What Is Religion And Why Do We Need Religion? by PastorAIO: 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
What is the point of religion? -bump-

(1) (Reply)

My Unusual Experiences In Church / You Shall Weep No More / Message Received April 7, 2011 From Jesus By Susan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.