Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,079 members, 7,835,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (202678 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by fabtosin(f): 7:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
atlast d dude dat predicted dat dey will call off d strike b4 dix thread reaches 100 was a gud prediction #teamfutminna r u ready
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ayima: 8:10pm On Dec 11, 2013
ASUU have finally signed memorandum of universities with the governmemt ( MOU) or am i not correct?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by olalekan1(m): 8:24pm On Dec 11, 2013
Another NEC meeting again! But FAGGE abi wetin be his name said within 24 hours dem go call off if fg do the right thing. God, before iyayi died, my uncle out of annoyance cursed ASUU that "na moto go kill all of them" some days after, iyayi died, God biko no let any ASUU member die this time o.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 11, 2013
olalekan1: Another NEC meeting again! But FAGGE abi wetin be his name said within 24 hours dem go call off if fg do the right thing. God, before iyayi died, my uncle out of annoyance cursed ASUU that "na moto go kill all of them" some days after, iyayi died, God biko no let any ASUU member die this time o.
do not be surprisd if ASUU comes bk wit anoda demand.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
Fagge on ait...dis strike will end next week,ah pray no accident happen again o
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by agrovick(m): 8:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
ASUU suspends strike next week - faggae. source: check the nation newspaper
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by ennon92(m): 8:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
Is Faggie out of his senses? Why next week? Why can't he declare d resumption date now? After this ill-fated strike, won't they embark on another one real soon? Won't there be any molestation of the female students? Does this stop the outrageous sales of shoddy handouts? Will this compromise revive the education sector? By n large, aint this strike politically hijacked by anti-PDP?
Those re the questions that need urgent answers to.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 9:24pm On Dec 11, 2013
Every beginning has an end.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Hayormeah(f): 9:24pm On Dec 11, 2013
Why wait 4 nxt week again?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by olalekan1(m): 9:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
I-am-Winner:
do not be surprisd if ASUU comes bk wit anoda demand.
All of them won die be that o.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by yetunsbay(m): 9:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
am seeing tinz
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Geedhey(m): 10:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
I thought it's FG that is inconsistent i never knew ASUU dolls under same category.they said strike will be called off 24hrs after agreement signed now they want to hold another NEC meeting. Fagge is sick mhen!!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by mavister(m): 10:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
FG,ASUU reach agreement over strike.

Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities have reached an agreement to end the over five month old strike by ASUU.
The lecturer’s association has however said that its members may return to work next week. The Supervising Minister of Education, Mr. Nyesom Wike told journalists at a meeting with the leadership of ASUU, President of the Nigeria Labour Congress, Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Universities Commission and five vice- chancellors of universities that all contending issues between the parties have been resolved.
The parties signed a document to seal the agreement which spells great hope that the over five-month old strike may be called off within one week, although the president of ASUU, Professor Nasir Faggae declined to say what was contained in the document.
ASUU’s demands include the upward review of the retirement age for professors from 65 to 70; adequate funding to revitalise the university system; progressive increase of budgetary allocations to the education sector by 26 per cent; transfer of federal government property to universities; setting up of research and development units by companies; payment of earned allowances; and renegotiation of the signed agreement.
The agreement between the two is reached barely 24 hours after the Special Assistant on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe presented a proof of payment of N200 billion into an account with the Central Bank of Nigeria.
The strike began on July 1st 2013 and lasted for over five months before this resolution was reached.

Source: myschool.com.ng/school/news/24109/fg-ASUU-reach-agreement-over-strike.html
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
fabtosin: atlast d dude dat predicted dat dey will call off d strike b4 dix thread reaches 100 was a gud prediction #teamfutminna r u ready

Yes o.... Na to start to dey prepare for that boring MX now o. Na harsh harmattan go dey dat d town now!!

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 11, 2013
olalekan1: Another NEC meeting again! But FAGGE abi wetin be his name said within 24 hours dem go call off if fg do the right thing. God, before iyayi died, my uncle out of annoyance cursed ASUU that "na moto go kill all of them" some days after, iyayi died, God biko no let any ASUU member die this time o.

It's the normal process for him to present the reports to the ASUU NEC first before the strike can be officially called off.

He can't just make decisions all by himself because he only represents the association. He is not the association itself.

But which ever it is, let's all hope for the good news, and not the other way round!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by nairacodedcom(m): 10:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
Finally Strike Ends. I never thought I will ever say this but "I TRUELY MISS UNIBEN AND ITS STRESS". Can't wait to get back to Night Class and Hall 2 car park. If you know those 2 areas CLICK LIKE.

5 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by heykims(m): 11:00pm On Dec 11, 2013
yorme:

It's the normal process for him to present the reports to the ASUU NEC first before the strike can be officially called off.

He can't just make decisions all by himself because he only represents the association. He is not the association itself.

But which ever it is, let's all hope for the good news, and not the other way round!
when he knew dt, y den did he promise 24hrs.....
guys like me re d most affected, imagine 8th year as an undergraduate. walahi if not for my parents, I fit disown ds country after graduation.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by nurmanteasynoni: 11:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
yorme:

Yes o.... Na to start to dey prepare for that boring MX now o. Na harsh harmattan go dey dat d town now!!

Me self I dey hail MX oo,, make them just allow us enter for january abeg

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by nurmanteasynoni: 11:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
Abeg all this things wey dem dey talk na careless matter,, wetin person wan go do for skul at just 2 weeks to christmas,, abeg abeg abeg
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by ennon92(m): 11:11pm On Dec 11, 2013
nurmanteasynoni: Abeg all this things wey dem dey talk na careless matter,, wetin person wan go do for skul at just 2 weeks to christmas,, abeg abeg abeg
na matter of choice, u fit add 2weeks to ur own strike after dem call off

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
heykims:
I fit disown ds country after graduation.

I laugh in Arabic!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by geedeex2(m): 12:33am On Dec 12, 2013
Ayima: ASUU have finally signed memorandum of universities with the governmemt ( MOU) or am i not correct?

ASUU sign MOU ... Wooow that's lovely
as ASUU don sign Mourinho now I think
they are going to win the match against
FG

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by PatEinstEin(m): 12:44am On Dec 12, 2013
D nxt week no get date angry

I dey smell another demand:
- All outstanding salaries must b paid on or b4 20th dec 2013, and not in piecemeal.
- An apology letter hand written and signed by the President and the supervising minister of education due to the threat issued on our members nationwide
- 100 million naira for fuel exuasted by our members nationwide for meetings here and there.

3 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by phemmyjohnson: 12:52am On Dec 12, 2013
I dedicate diz 3000 post of dis thread to ASUU, FG & FYNESTBOI ... I DECLARE OUR UNIVERSITIES OPEN IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, THE SON & THE HOLY SPIRIT...And the student congregation shall say ______ ?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by agrovick(m): 1:24am On Dec 12, 2013
Screw u. Abeg na joke b4 some pple go come here come yearn okpata
phemmy johnson: I dedicate diz 3000 post of dis thread to ASUU, FG & FYNESTBOI ... I DECLARE OUR UNIVERSITIES OPEN IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, THE SON & THE HOLY SPIRIT...And the student congregation shall say ______ ?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 5:50am On Dec 12, 2013
i thank God for the progress made so far, thank God for touching the hearts of ASUU and fg, i hope by next week the strike is called off, and all students will be happy again, i pray that God will touch fg heart to fulfill all that they have signed, because schools calendars have really been affected, na rushing things next year, this one that ASUU wants to do another meetinf, fg has done its part, it is left to ASUU now, we dont want another story ASUU, and we pray for journey mercies for all ASUU nec members. In Jesus Name. Amen. 5 months at home no be beans o
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by chaarly(m): 5:54am On Dec 12, 2013
Ayima: ASUU have finally signed memorandum of universities with the governmemt ( MOU) or am i not correct?

lol.. bros na memorandum of understanding smiley
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Supermajor(m): 6:52am On Dec 12, 2013
yetunsbay: am seeing tinz
spiritual, or physical?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by falconey(m): 7:12am On Dec 12, 2013
Incase any ASUU member wan die......let it be FAGGAY
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by pigin: 7:21am On Dec 12, 2013
falconey: Incase any ASUU member wan die......let it be FAGGAY
Boy, its too early to take weed.. get Out from this thread and just Go and Die.. tongue
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Emmy9ite(m): 7:31am On Dec 12, 2013
ASUU STRIKE
It has been observed that ASUU is on the verge of
ending its six months old strike.
Consequently, The Association of Nigerian University
Students (ANUS) will embark on its strike immediately
after ASUU calls off.
Our strike will not be suspended untill the following
NEEDS are met:
*HOSTEL/ACCOMMODATION FEE: our expired
hostel/
Accommodation fee must be paid by either ASUU or
FG.
*PREGNANCY: Most female students are about to put
to
bed, ASUU must vow to take responsibility of the
unborn babies.
*ALLOWANCES: Students get allowances from their
parents if they are in school, they hav been denied
this
because of the strike. The five months allowance
arrears must be paid.
*TRANSPORT FARE: Our fare from home to school
must
be paid.
*MEGABITE: Most students have wasted their meg
going online for update about the strike, the money
for
meg must be paid.
*EXPIRED BEVERAGES: Our expired beverages like
milk, spag, milo, etc must be replaced with new ones.
If our demands are not met, we will not resume.
SIGNED:
Akpors
ANUS Spokesperson

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by philfearon(m): 7:47am On Dec 12, 2013
Emmy9ite: ASUU STRIKE
It has been observed that ASUU is on the verge of
ending its six months old strike.
Consequently, The Association of Nigerian University
Students (ANUS) will embark on its strike immediately
after ASUU calls off.
Our strike will not be suspended untill the following
NEEDS are met:
*HOSTEL/ACCOMMODATION FEE: our expired
hostel/
Accommodation fee must be paid by either ASUU or
FG.
*PREGNANCY: Most female students are about to put
to
bed, ASUU must vow to take responsibility of the
unborn babies.
*ALLOWANCES: Students get allowances from their
parents if they are in school, they hav been denied
this
because of the strike. The five months allowance
arrears must be paid.
*TRANSPORT FARE: Our fare from home to school
must
be paid.
*MEGABITE: Most students have wasted their meg
going online for update about the strike, the money
for
meg must be paid.
*EXPIRED BEVERAGES: Our expired beverages like
milk, spag, milo, etc must be replaced with new ones.
If our demands are not met, we will not resume.
SIGNED:
Akpors
ANUS Spokesperson
I like men wey dey reason with Early Morning Marijuana...It makes them think high!!
*weed is good!*

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (109) (Reply)

Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List / Unilorin Admission 2010/2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.