Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport (14756 Views)

Obiano And Oshiomhole At 4th Nnamdi Azikwe's Lecture Awka / Buhari Refuses To Jump The Queue At The Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport / Buhari Refuses To Jump The Queue At The Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by Omooba77: 8:20am On Nov 22, 2013
Thursday at the Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport in Abuja, as the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Bamanga Tukur and the suspended National Secretary of the Party, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola put aside their political differences and openly embraced each other.

It was gathered that the duo had met at the VIP Lounge of the Nnamdi Azikiwe InternationalAirport ahead of their scheduled flights to their different destinations.

An aide to Alhaji Tukur told the Nigerian Tribune that the duo had no option than to warm up to each other in a spontaneous embrace, which aides and airport officials applauded.

According to the source, Oyinlola was the first to arrive at the VIP Lounge of the airport, while the PDP chairman was ushered in about 30 minutes after.

“On arrival, the former governor of Osun State stood up to acknowledge Tukur’s presence, and a moment after, both sat in opposite direction at the Lounge as an atmosphere of discomfort hung in the air, with the two keeping to themselves for more than 20 minutes,” the source added.

Tension between Tukur and Oyinlola was said to have lasted until the announcement of Tukur’s flight to Lagos was made and Tukur, on his way to boarding, went to Prince Oyinlola, stretched out his hand for a handshake, which eventually ended with the two of them in another warm embrace.

According to an aide, Alhaji Tukur was said to have asked Oyinlola jokingly that, “Can I still call you the Prince of peace I used to call you?” while Oyinlola was said to have replied,”yes Baba, I remain peaceful and principled.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/lead-stories/item/26907-drama-as-tukur-oyinlola

3 Likes

Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 22, 2013
Hypocrisy at the highest level...why do Nigerian Leaders like to fake things...same way Amaechi joined GEJ's Helicopter. We need men who are fearless ... i expect Oyinlola to have ensued a one on one conversation about the brouhaha in PDP...this isone opportunity American's don't misuse.

1 Like

Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by LMAyedun(m): 8:27am On Nov 22, 2013
Omooba77:
According to an aide, Alhaji Tukur was said to have asked Oyinlola jokingly that, “Can I still call you the Prince of peace I used to call you?” while Oyinlola was said to have replied,”yes Baba, I remain peaceful and principled.”

Drama indeed.
Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by greatgod2012(f): 8:34am On Nov 22, 2013
That is politics for you!
No permanent friend or permanent foe in politics!

3 Likes

Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 22, 2013
greatgod2012: That is politics for you!
No permanent friend or permanent foe in politics!
is that what they told you to say?
Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by pheyikemi: 9:38am On Nov 22, 2013
lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by Ugom38(f): 9:53am On Nov 22, 2013
who cares if they hugged or kissed,even if they want to sleep its their business.how does it affect de 100 million unicef Nigerians that is looking for someone like oyinlola and Tukur to hug them with cash smiley smiley
Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by donphilopus: 9:57am On Nov 22, 2013
That is loyalty. But that won't stop Oyinlola from heading to Court.
Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by donphilopus: 10:09am On Nov 22, 2013
People will continue to fight online/offline because of them, while they'd be enjoying themselves.

There are two politicians in my place. One is a senator rep APC, while one is a national commissioner in PDP. When LG Election was going on in our state, the senator came to our polling unit, and the national commissioner came too. Immediately the commissioner saw the senator, he went straight to hug him and they chatted up to 15mins.

The youths in our place are always fighting because of these two people, but when they saw them stading, they were perplexed.

I always dey laugh if people wan kill theirselves bcus of politicians.

If Buhari and GEJ should still meet in any place now, the same thing would happen, while we'd continue to blast ourselves online.

11 Likes

Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by princenonny(m): 10:14am On Nov 22, 2013
soe: Hypocrisy at the highest level...why do Nigerian Leaders like to fake things...same way Amaechi joined GEJ's Helicopter. We need men who are fearless ... i expect Oyinlola to have ensued a one on one conversation about the brouhaha in PDP...this isone opportunity American's don't misuse.
you are obviously not a politician. Thats how the game is played publicly. Dont create an unnecessary scene

1 Like

Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 22, 2013
soe: Hypocrisy at the highest level...why do Nigerian Leaders like to fake things...same way Amaechi joined GEJ's Helicopter. We need men who are fearless ... i expect Oyinlola to have ensued a one on one conversation about the brouhaha in PDP...this isone opportunity American's don't misuse.

sir, this is not hypocrisy... Rather, it is known as diplomacy... A way of life of the true nobility.
Do you expect them to trade words?
Besides, the america this, america that excuse is baffling especially when it is coming from people whose only understanding of the way of life of the american is that gleaned from american season films and soap operas.
There should also be a nigerian way to things.

4 Likes

Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 22, 2013
Oyinlola ( SW) vs Tukur ( N) : who do you think would win?
Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by iamidris: 11:25am On Nov 22, 2013
Make I quickly comment even thou I no be first to comment. And some bwoys go still dey hate
Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by Stallion77(f): 11:26am On Nov 22, 2013
All their wahala na for media.... these guys wine and dine together
Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by Omooba77: 12:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
That is why I pity people wey dey kill themselves because of politicians.....................Their children dey marry one another, parties are always attended...............

6 Likes

Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by desgiezd(m): 12:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
pheyikemi: lipsrsealed
Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by desgiezd(m): 12:21pm On Nov 22, 2013
pheyikemi: lipsrsealed

This is so apt, its really what their handshakes and embraces translate to!
Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
Mr Tukur pls Oyinlola is not and cannever be prince of peace, becouse he's not the Christ

3 Likes

Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by Goddex: 1:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
1) “On arrival, the former governor of Osun State stood up to acknowledge Tukur’s presence . . . "
Onyilola acted gentlemanly showing all required respect to his boss and elder

2) "Tukur, on his way to boarding, went to Prince Oyinlola, stretched out his hand for a handshake, which eventually ended with the two of them in another warm embrace."
Both men did what was required. Kudos to Turkur for making the move but why wait for that long until boarding?

3) According to an aide, Alhaji Tukur was said to have asked Oyinlola jokingly that, “Can I still call you the Prince of peace I used to call you?” while Oyinlola was said to have replied ”yes Baba, I remain peaceful and principled.”

Seriously, these guys dey use our heads . . .
Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by begwong: 2:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
People Deceiving People knows what they are doing ooo.
After they will reconcile and chant CARRY GO GOODLUCK 2015!

2 Likes

Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by Pedagogue: 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2013
More than half of the ppl that have commented thus far are probably students (ASUU victims).

Many of them would rather talk about APC, PDP, religious and tribal issues than discuss issues that directly affect them.

Their schools have been locked for months and yet no major rally/protest has been held... If students in the 70s and 80s were able to force autocratic military govts to do their bidding, what is stopping students in this twitter and Facebook era from mobilising and forcing a civilian govt to act!

Nigeria is perhaps the country with the most docile and gullible youths. What a shame.

Oyinlola and Tukur did all that for the camera.
Come to think of it, Tukur 's question and Oyinlola's answer made my day!

Tukur: Can I still call u the prince of PEACE I used to call you?

Oyinlola: yes Baba, I remain PEACEFUL and PRINCIPLED

Classic!

2 Likes

Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
Awon af'oju f'eni ma f'okan f'eni.
Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by jovie50: 2:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
and so what...........abeg make I enter jaccuzi !!!!!!

Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by Plutarch: 2:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
That is politics for you. Do be surprised if Tukur is made the chairman at Oyinlola's son/daughter wedding. The people that need to reason are masses and poor Nigerians some of whom are victim of ASUU strike that come here and start throwing abuses up and down in defence or attack of GEJ,Buhari,APGA,APC,PDP,Youruba,Igbo,Hausa and so on. When some of you grow older,you will understand better sad . If you are paid for it then its ok but if not then "i dey laff".

1 Like

Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
been a leader is more than occupying a position of authority.

most of you here are kids and have never tasted a position of authority and may never.

what were you expecting them do, back at each other or throw punch. is that how ur parents behave whenever they are having misunderstanding or that is a good attribute of a leader in your climes.

leader of tomorrow in deed

2 Likes

Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by Jeel: 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
Fine diplomacy
Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by raytony: 2:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
2 Agbayas
Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 22, 2013
It is not NNAMIDI, Op and Mod, take note and do the needful thing

1 Like

Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by Olugbenger(m): 2:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
That's easy.

2 Likes

Re: Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport by 99100(m): 2:51pm On Nov 22, 2013
Hmm... angry
#politics is a game as well#

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Disowns Jalo, Denies Asking Jonathan To Speak On Arms Deal / No State Is Unsafe In Nigeria, US Lied – Lai Mohammed / “Nigeria Will Continue To Borrow,” Adeosun Says, Days After Warning Against Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.