Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Ban On Transfers Out Of Nigeria? (No, It's Just UBA Again) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ban On Transfers Out Of Nigeria? (No, It's Just UBA Again) (653 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Custom Boss Lifts Ban On Rice Import / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ban On Transfers Out Of Nigeria? (No, It's Just UBA Again) by qleyo(f): 11:59am On Jul 20, 2008
I'm completely disgusted at the new apparent criteria passed by CBN. You cannot transfer money (your OWN MONEY!) out of the country without a FORM M or FORM A on anything "substantial" or "taxable" - of course in true Nigerian fashion there is grave ambiguity here. Here is the dumb part, to get a FORM M you require a company registration certificate, a proforma invoice, a marine certificate and a SONCAP.

The former three are not too far fetched, now the last is what really grates at me. A SONCAP certificate is basically a document saying the goods are of a working standard, now the majority of products already have international certification but of Nigeria have implement their own protocol, furthermore it used to be possible to get this tests done say at the warehouse of the supplier, now apparently this has to be done on ground in Lagos or Abuja. How in God's name are you to get the products at the port for test, without the funds to secure them in the first place. A vicious cycle one ends up. Why do we think out of our arses, without any simple common sense. So in the even I want to send money to a friend in say Paris, for no apparent reason - I can't! In the name of fighting corruption. Anyone here with some banking experience? Please shed some light on this. Running a retail outfit in Nigeria means I'm unable to get more goods in the country without funds (MY OWN FUNDS).
Re: Ban On Transfers Out Of Nigeria? (No, It's Just UBA Again) by dvonne(f): 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2008
I hope this is not True !!!

Amen
Re: Ban On Transfers Out Of Nigeria? (No, It's Just UBA Again) by skillmyman(m): 6:13am On Jul 26, 2008
depending on the amount u want to send outside the country. lets know the likely amount ur tryin to send.
Re: Ban On Transfers Out Of Nigeria? (No, It's Just UBA Again) by qleyo(f): 9:26pm On Aug 11, 2008
Actually I've been in touch with other banks. I hear it is UBA only as they had an issue with EFCC and CBN. The amount is irrelevant, it applies to any monies being transfered out of the country so I've moved my funds to Oceanic and now use them. If UBA continue like this, they'll lose my business all together!

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Register A Domain Name? / New Dynamic Reliable And Efficient Broker Required / Lady Web Geek Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.