Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,323 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Here's How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Your PC - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Here's How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Your PC (7465 Views)

(camera Error) Can't Connect To Camera On Andriod 4.2 Jelly Beans / Huawei Ascend P6 Android4.2.2(jelly bean) ultra-slim Smart Phone released / Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Your PC by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 22, 2013
You don't have to be a four-eyed geek to do so, or have a masters degree in Computers Science, all you need is a little bit of free time and the ability to follow steps 1 through 10, simple as that. Oh, and don't worry about doing something illegal, because Android is based on Linux, which means that is has an open source. Tweak all you want, dig deep, play with the interface, install apps, change settings – everything that you can do on a phone or a tablet you can now do on your computer. So, let's get to the nitty-gritty, or the guide on how to install Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 on your PC:

Download:
1.Oracle VM VirtualBox - Download the latest version of here

2.Android x86 4.2 Image - Download the Android 4.2 image from here

Instructions:
1.Install VirtualBox on your PC

2.Open VirtualBox and select New. In the dialog box enter the name as your wish and select
i)Type : Linux
ii)Version : Other Linux
and select Next

3.In the next dialog box enter the memory size as your wish
Note : Minimum 512Mb required for JellyBean
and select Next

4.In the next dialog box select create a virtual hard drive now. Then select VDI and select fixed or dynamically allocated as your wish and create the virtual drive
Note : Mininimum 1 GB required for installation

5.Select Virtual device and select settings, a dialog box appears. In the dialog box select
i)Storage->Storage Tree->Empty
ii)In the attributes section select the Android 4.2 iso file you downloaded and check Live Cd/Dvd, then click Ok

6.Then start the virtual device. In the screen select Install Android-x86 to hard disk.

7.In the next screen select Create/Modify Partition.

8.Then create a new primary bootable partition and select write. After finishing writing select quit

9.Then install android in sda1 and select type as ext3 , choose yes for installing grub.

10.After installing remove live iso from VirtualBox and reboot. Now you can boot into Android 4.2.2.

You are done.
Cheers, enjoy.....
Some of Screenshots

1 Like

Re: Here's How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Your PC by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
Hmm... Eleyi gidi gan!
Re: Here's How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Your PC by Sard(m): 2:08pm On Nov 22, 2013
Really? I need to try this. Thanks @op
Re: Here's How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Your PC by Randerl: 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
simple direct and educative. thanks my man.
Re: Here's How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Your PC by chidi4eze(m): 3:36pm On Nov 22, 2013
Plz d android 4.2 image is not downloading with ucweb .plz help
Re: Here's How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Your PC by chidi4eze(m): 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
It says my system is set @ 22bit instead of 32bits hw do I change it!!and d virtual box says my sittings is not correct
Re: Here's How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Your PC by isidollarboy(m): 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2013
that's a nice tips, I have been trying to get a solutions to this but to no avail, I want to give it a try, but please after installing, if I decides to go back to my normal window 7 os, is it possible? or do I have to reinstall it?
Re: Here's How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Your PC by eunisam: 9:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
the size is too big.

298mb size.

download with which nigerian network>?

1 Like

Re: Here's How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Your PC by physise(m): 10:06pm On Nov 22, 2013
eunisam: the size is too big.

298mb size.

download with which nigerian network>?
airtel
Re: Here's How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Your PC by ciphoenix: 10:54am On Nov 23, 2013
If you think it's too big then just get bluestacks
Re: Here's How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Your PC by duwdu: 3:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
Thanks, @OP, for outing this method here; much appreciated.

It's a perfect solution for getting the Android OS/environment to run properly on machines - mostly netbooks - equipped with less than 2 GB of RAM. Even ordinary pseudo Android environments/simulators, such as Bluestacks and WindowsAndroid, require a minimum of 2 GB of RAM to install/run on a PC.

It also means that one can go ahead, dust up an old machine with, say, 512 MB of RAM, and use it as an Android OS platform...

I guess it should be getting more clear now, that OS'es/systems based on UNIX/Linux, such as Mac OS X, Android, Ubuntu, and BlackBerry OS 10, are taking over the world. cheesy grin

P34c3
Re: Here's How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Your PC by ninja4life(m): 3:53pm On Nov 23, 2013
anyone mind telling me d advantage of android over windows 8 aside obviously applications and games and also after installing android jellybeans is it possible to go back to windows 8
Re: Here's How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Your PC by duwdu: 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2013
@ninja, just type your query into Google nah, and you'll get all the opinions you need, including the ones originating from here.

On the second part of your post: If i understand the OP very well, your original OS remains, of course, even after installing Android OS JB. Then you can choose which of the two to run at boot up, for that session. I'm sure of this by proxy, because I already operate a dual boot Win8-Ubuntu lappy.

Good luck.

P34c3
Re: Here's How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Your PC by ciphoenix: 3:12pm On Nov 24, 2013
ninja4life: anyone mind telling me d advantage of android over windows 8 aside obviously applications and games and also after installing android jellybeans is it possible to go back to windows 8

It runs in a VM. your windows (the host) remains intact

(1) (Reply)

Pls Where To Download Korea Season Film / Tecno POP 2 Full Specs And Price / Get Ur Cert & Key In Just 1 Minute!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.