Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,963 members, 7,838,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

How To Learn And Speak Pidgin And Other Lagos Mainstream - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Learn And Speak Pidgin And Other Lagos Mainstream (924 Views)

Learn How To Write And Speak Igbo Language Fluently In 6 Months / Is It Wise To Allow Our Kids To Speak Pidgin English? / How Many Of You Speak Pidgin To Your Parents? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Learn And Speak Pidgin And Other Lagos Mainstream by whiteroses(f): 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2008
hi everybody how y'all doing, ok how can i learn and speak pidgin english, i was raised as being poised, clean nails, diny table, always speak english tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue and shhyt like that, i cant speak pidgin but i wish i could, in college people speak pidgin sometimes and i wish i could as well, they'd be laughing and talking fast i understand them but i wont be able to say anything because its not cool when i say it lol even other students from other countries have asked how come i dont talk like the other nigerians, i have learnt some pidgin words like 'how you dey' or 'make it dey waka, oya alele' but how do you say it all together and express the things you want to say, i've been told its not always cool to speak pidgin though but i just want to learn and speak a little anyway, even when i went back to nigeria all my friends from SS1 are now speaking pidgin they had learnt it from university, so who know how to speak n learn it, i just want to learn a little and have a little idea.
Re: How To Learn And Speak Pidgin And Other Lagos Mainstream by mohawkchic(f): 3:50pm On Jul 20, 2008
~Check Out the "Culture Section" there are a couple of threads there on Pidgin!
Re: How To Learn And Speak Pidgin And Other Lagos Mainstream by iice(f): 5:20pm On Jul 20, 2008
When you stay and mingle enough with naijans not 'forming' ajebotas tongue, you'll pick it up eventually. Or maybe have a friend who speaks it teach you. Even sites you can learn from like here tongue
Re: How To Learn And Speak Pidgin And Other Lagos Mainstream by mohawkchic(f): 2:57am On Jul 21, 2008
iice:

When you stay and mingle enough with naijans[b]not 'forming' ajebotas tongue,[/b] you'll pick it up eventually. Or maybe have a friend who speaks it teach you. Even sites you can learn from like here tongue

~Dunno why i find the word "Ajebotas" funny,i aint even got a clue what it means! grin

(1) (Reply)

An Ideal (muslim) Wife / How Do You Decide Who To Marry? (written By Kids) / ''horror Film'' On The Highway At Night.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.