Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,855 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! (1382 Views)

My New Start Up, Life As A Programmer And Testimony. / Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up / Why Most Web Developers Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by Ajibel(m): 5:25pm On Nov 22, 2013
Dont share your dreams or listen to realistic people who look before they leap and follow the news bulletin lamenting on the challenges to be faced by tech start-ups and in a way discouraging you from attempting.
Why?
These sets of folks have all the current stats on why you wouldn't succeed with your start-up ranging from PHCN issues to internet cost down to poverty. You are better off playing ping pong than reading articles of the realists.

-Pythonian.py

1 Like

Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by aitoehigie: 6:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
Ajibel: Dont share your dreams or listen to realistic people who look before they leap and follow the news bulletin lamenting on the challenges to be faced by tech start-ups and in a way discouraging you from attempting.
Why?
These sets of folks have all the current stats on why you wouldn't succeed with your start-up ranging from PHCN issues to internet cost down to poverty. You are better off playing ping pong than reading articles of the realists.

-Pythonian.py

Or better still, keep dreaming.

1 Like

Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by Luka316(m): 12:25pm On Nov 23, 2013
that is why i subscribe to always watching-out for discouragers, they so much believe in what the read and stats they have than what they know they can do.

believing in your self is always the ultimate
Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by Ajibel(m): 1:01pm On Nov 23, 2013
aitoehigie:

Or better still, keep dreaming.

That's not bad afterall. Everybodi CANNOT have a start-up buh IF someone does, it's better for one to SHUT UP than giving reasons why his Nigerian start-up wouldnt succeed!

1 Like

Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by Ajibel(m): 1:02pm On Nov 23, 2013
Luka316:
believing in your self is always the ultimate

+1
Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by GideonG(m): 7:23pm On Nov 23, 2013
I can never open and read a pessimistic article! I feed my brain with nothing but optimism. I don't wanna know the failures because I don't believe in failure, failures are just temporary defeats. They only thing I know is that I am going to be hugely successful! By the special grace of God.
Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by dsypha(m): 10:49pm On Nov 23, 2013
GideonG: I can never open and read a pessimistic article! I feed my brain with nothing but optimism. I don't wanna know the failures because I don't believe in failure, failures are just temporary defeats. They only thing I know is that I am going to be hugely successful! By the special grace of God.

Epic!!! Top notch!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by curiouslad(m): 9:06pm On Nov 25, 2013
As optimistic as the thread sounds, it fails to address the very issues(cogent) raised on the other Thread

1 Like

Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by Ajibel(m): 8:22am On Nov 26, 2013
The best way to know if your start-up wouldn't succeed is by developing and pushing it to the public.
That way you'd understand the market, get more exposed to the demands of owning an online company, learn a lot from what you've developed and get to meet people who'd advice u better. Buh when you have an idea and can't develop it cuz of the reasons someone has given, how can u determine if your start-up wouldn't actually fail.
If we are to agree with ALL the points pushed forward in the other thread, then ALMOST everyone having an idea should already have in mind that his start-up will fail.
That means that Jivi's dream of creating a game with others wouldn't succeed!
In life, you CANNOT be realistic at all times
Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by aitoehigie: 8:33am On Nov 26, 2013
curiouslad: As optimistic as the thread sounds, it fails to address the very issues(cogent) raised on the other Thread

This is just an attention seeking thread that really serves no purpose apart from massaging the posters ego.
Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by Ajibel(m): 9:15am On Nov 26, 2013
Lol
"Attention seeking"
"Massaging of ego"

I'd let the insalt slide smiley since your type is the kind that can't live with their opinions being challenged only to resort to name-calling. wink

cool
Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by curiouslad(m): 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
Ajibel: The best way to know if your start-up wouldn't succeed is by developing and pushing it to the public.
That way you'd understand the market, get more exposed to the demands of owning an online company, learn a lot from what you've developed and get to meet people who'd advice u better.
Good Point.

Ajibel: Buh when you have an idea and can't develop it cuz of the reasons someone has given, how can u determine if your start-up wouldn't actually fail.
If we are to agree with ALL the points pushed forward in the other thread, then ALMOST everyone having an idea should already have in mind that his start-up will fail.
*Your startup is a solution to a “WANT” and not a “NEED”.
*Your startup is a clone of some popular 1st world website or application
*Your startup will require loads and loads of traffic
(very valid in my opinion,the internet adoption in nigeria is LOW. Heck even nairaland doesn't have up to a million users)
*Reading too much of Techcrunch
(Techcrunch operates on a different terrain)

No where did he tell you not to execute your idea nor did he mention the bolded below!
Ajibel: Dont share your dreams or listen to realistic people who look before they leap and follow the news bulletin lamenting on the challenges to be faced by tech start-ups and in a way discouraging you from attempting.
Why?

Ajibel:
In life, you CANNOT be realistic at all times
shocked shocked Seriously?
Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by aitoehigie: 1:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
Curiouslad is a man after my own heart, I.e. if you are a male. You read and analyzed everything unlike someone who would forever remain nameless.
Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by Ajibel(m): 9:15am On Nov 28, 2013
aitoehigie: Curiouslad is a man after my own heart, I.e. if you are a male. You read and analyzed everything unlike Ajibel.

Fixed tongue tongue

In an argument, there'd be the supporting and opposing team... Maybe I did oppose your points buh they were your opinions and opinions are like _assholes which every pythoneering _pussy n _dick is entitled to.

So Niqqa, my pythonic points were my opinion and some fellas supported me, yours too were supported so I hope u understand that and don't get too personal...

cool cool
Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by Ajibel(m): 9:22am On Nov 28, 2013
curiouslad:
Good Point.

THANKS

*Your startup is a solution to a “WANT” and not a “NEED”.
*Your startup is a clone of some popular 1st world website or application

AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH CLONING A 1st WORLD WEB APP IF IT DOESNT EXIST IN AFRICA...EbAY and AMAZON WERE POPULAR ALREADY YET HAD LITTLE PENETRATION IN NIGERIA MAKING THE FOUNDERS OF KONGA n JUMIA n IROKING etc GO A STEP FORWARD IN CREATING SIMILAR SITES FOR NIGERIANS!!! IF THEY WERE TO GO BY THE "CLONING BullShit", THEY WOULDNT HAVE COME UP WITH SUCH

*Your startup will require loads and loads of traffic
(very valid in my opinion,the internet adoption in nigeria is LOW. Heck even nairaland doesn't have up to a million users)

SO IN OTHER WORDS, WE THAT HAVE IDEAS SHOULD GO SIT OUR _FUCKING _ASS SOMEWHERE JEJE OR WAIT, CROSS ARMS n LEGS TILL INTERNET PENETRATION IS HIGH?! HECK, WHO SAYS EVERY NIGERIAN WITH AN INTERNET START-UP DREAM ONLY HAS THE NIGERIAN MARKET IN MIND TO CONQUER

*Reading too much of Techcrunch
(Techcrunch operates on a different terrain)

TECHCRUNCH IS THERE TO SERVE TO MOTIVATE FOLKS WHO WANNA READ SOMETHING THAT CAN INSPIRE THEM OR SEE IF THEY CAN STEAL AN IDEA THAT HAD
BEEN DEVELOPED FOR THE AFRICAN MARKET. I DONT VISIT TECHCRUNCH FREQUENTLY btw

No where did he tell you not to execute your idea nor did he mention the bolded below!

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO BROUGHT HIS ARTICLE INTO THIS THREAD. THIS THREAD WASNT CREATED AS A DIRECT RESPONSE TO HIS, I GENERALISED.. ELSE I'D HAVE JUST REPLIED HIM ON HIS THREAD. I COMMENTED ON HIS YABA-RELATED THREAD, I DIDNT CREATE AN ATTENTION SEEKING grin grin THREAD LIKE THIS... THEREFORE MY THREAD ISNT A PERSONAL (ONE-ON-ONE) ATTACK WITH THE WRITER smiley I'VE READ SIMILAR ARTICLES TO HIS. HE ISNT THE FIRST TO COME UP WITH SUCH

shocked shocked Seriously?

YES!!! SERIOUSLY AND THATS ONE OF MY PHILOSOPHY IN LIFE, HECK I'M ALSO AN ONLINE PHILOSOPHY STUDENT. SO, I DONT EXPECT YOU TO AGREE wink wink

Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by Abdulhakeem1(m): 12:23am On Nov 29, 2013
Woow!! So am surfing nairand. As i was reading 4rm d start. I seems i was reading a motivational books. Honest. M jst carried wif u ppls comment. Infact Abel.. Muah.
Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
The reality is that almost 60% of nigerian startups always end up failing bcus they fail to accept critics. If someone have a different opinion about your idea/startup, it doesnt mean they are bad bele, it only means there might be a loophole in your idea and if well analysed, it will bring about new innovation. I always enjoy critics bcus it keeps me motivated that someone is interested in my idea. If its a web startup, i see it as a plus to my website traffic bcus he will keep visting my site to monitor my success or failure.

Few years ago, a friend discussed the dealdey idea with me and i critisized it. Now ive become a frequent visitor of dealdey.

So welcome constructive critics and act wisely

Mrnestyy
Www.remotivating.com
Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by Abdulhakeem1(m): 11:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
Yeah, Sure!!
Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by kambo(m): 2:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
Abdul hakeem: Yeah, Sure!!

some optimism is nothg but sheer foolishness wats worse is wen this starry eyed optimist persuade some1 to fund their craze.
Thts y input from clear headed ppl is needed and u shud b able to differentiate btw envy and insight.
What percentage of startups make it?
You've heard of facebook,twitter,nairaland,etc what of those u've not heard off?
Werent d founders optimist wen it started? They were burng with passion but d market wasnt so keen. Sorry optimism isnt everythg. Some of d products we actually use ar inferior to wat is available. But theyre so marketted and shoved in ur face tht b4 long wen u hav a need u unconsciously think, without second thought, the product you've heard and read and seen so much about.
People get so programmed tht they consider all alternatives as inferior.
Take programming 4 example wen ppl want to learn they go to an I.T school and hear "java", they go to bookshop and see "java", they go to amazon and see "java" so they do java.
They take java certs to prepare for d java jobs they see advertsed.
If u mention a non popular language theyve not heard and seen they think you're nuts.
They actually look at u like ur crazy.
So more ppl do java and more ppl do c sharp and more java books ar sold and so on.. Cuz theyre heavily and successfully marketed.
Same goes for y ppl flocked blackberry and y ppl pursue phd's.
It's called crowd thinking.
Strtups can fail if it dont meet d crwd standards though the providers are passionate as forest fire.

3 Likes

Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by Javanian: 4:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
^^^

My only annoyance is that i can't like your post more than once.
Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by Knownpal(m): 4:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
Should we develop on what we are being taught in school or develop ours I mean the language I've been learning personally.
Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 15, 2013
Known_pal: Should we develop on what we are being taught in school or develop ours I mean the language I've been learning personally.

If i understood you enough. Then the answer to your question lies on this basic facts in ICT

The things that you learn during the first year of your studies become irrelevant/out of fashion by the time you get to your last year. Nigerian educational institutions are even worst in this case. So rather than developing what is no longer in fashion, why not develop trendy ideas.
Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by Knownpal(m): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2013
mrnestyy1985:

If i understood you enough. Then the answer to your question lies on this basic facts in ICT

The things that you learn during the first year of your studies become irrelevant/out of fashion by the time you get to your last year. Nigerian educational institutions are even worst in this case. So rather than developing what is no longer in fashion, why not develop trendy ideas.

Yeah..I can see sense in that.. how can I keep school stuffs and also learning personally privately..
Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
Known_pal:

Yeah..I can see sense in that.. how can I keep school stuffs and also learning personally privately..

Have you had about the UNIVERSITY OF GOOGLE AND YOUTUBE COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY.

Its a web space where you can learn virtually everything for free. Go to google or youtube and type "i want to learn programing" u will be surprised at the free step by step video u will get that even ur naija teacher wont be able to stand it.

1 Like

Re: Why Your Start-up Wouldn't Fail! by Emyo(m): 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
Nice thread. I need an App developer to work out a browser with an IM feature. Mobile and for windows. Check-out my forum, if interested sms only to or you can email me at admin@campusPeeps.com

(1) (Reply)

Somebody Should Help Me With Php Function That Generate Barcode(qr CODE) / A Program To Multiply 3 Numbers, 1 Each From 3 Groups With Repetition. / Android Developer Ready To Volunteer In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.