Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,877 members, 7,810,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up (3107 Views)

Please Review My Personal Website / Pls Help Review My Start-up / Help Me Review My Web App. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by howardriddle: 8:41pm On May 04, 2013
hello programmers on nairaland, my name is Howard as you can well see on my handle. am creating this new Web-based business and i was wondering if it was okay so i want to ask you guys what you think. . So here i am. please i need your honest appraisals. thanks alot.

The idea is to build an online local market-place for the hiring of talented people,
professionals or in fact anybody with needed abilities/services.

Its a website that enables anyone who has an ability or can do any
stuff, state their talents/abilities/passions and use their profile as
an online business page and people who need their services coming to
search for them. Imagine you need a home teacher for your child and
all you have to do is search for someone you need. or an event planner or others.

I think this might be a kind of social stuff not really for profit,
that will enable people look to themselves and say 'what can i do or
know how to do that people will need and can earn me some money' and
hopefully provoking enterprising thoughts in them.

So what do you guys think?

Update:
From idea to partial implementation.
Pls check out The version 1.0 which is open
only to programmers and
developers for now [url=yolpe.com]Here[/url]..
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by daragrams(m): 9:37pm On May 04, 2013
concept is good
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by howardriddle: 10:07pm On May 04, 2013
daragrams: concept is good

tankz. but is it good enough? pls other pple in the house. your comments will be highly appreciated...
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by lordZOUGA(m): 10:28pm On May 04, 2013
LinkedIn?
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by howardriddle: 10:45pm On May 04, 2013
lordZOUGA: LinkedIn?

not at all. that's job proffessional networking.
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by howardriddle: 9:45am On May 05, 2013
happy sunday to all. please i still need your comments
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by blenyo11(m): 12:16pm On May 05, 2013
Its a nice one smiley
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by Tpfkakambo(m): 7:08pm On May 05, 2013
ur idea needs mor fleshg out.
How will it go viral as an idea. Thnk , fb,twitter,groupon, these strtups gained momentum by the buzz they created , they were mrktd by users word of m.
Verification issues. Hw do i knw a persn is as gud as they say by just readg their cv's on d site?
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by howardriddle: 9:37pm On May 05, 2013
Tpfkakambo: ur idea needs mor fleshg out.
How will it go viral as an idea. Thnk , fb,twitter,groupon, these strtups gained momentum by the buzz they created , they were mrktd by users word of m.
Verification issues. Hw do i knw a persn is as gud as they say by just readg their cv's on d site?

i think that will be solved by showcasing other users reviews and rating.
and also, the network effect might grow just like all this online money making schemes(.just that this isnt sheer fraud.)
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by hoodboi(m): 11:54pm On May 05, 2013
very good concept, but the majority o the work will be on your web developer. So here is my review

1) You can borrow a lot from linkedIn for this

2) Secondly focus on business networking socially and the social thingy will take care of itself. If you start providing people with too much means of socializing in a non business way then the site will be defaced and you could loose ur traffic.

3) Thirdly, you need to base the usage of the site on a point system. If someone refers another person to a job give dem some points, if someone does a job well award them some points (let the users fill a satisfaction form after use)

4) Fourthly, create a facebook app that lets users post pages of another person on fbook. Look for something that will make users want to help others post their skills maybe points also.

Will be back with more points later on. If anybody needs consulting on idea development for both on and offline business just send me a message
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by howardriddle: 12:21am On May 06, 2013
thanks all for your suggesstions. to get a clearer understanding of this concept you can visit [url=yolpe.com/launch.php]this launch page[/url] i just set up
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by hoodboi(m): 1:43am On May 06, 2013
I hope this is not d final page. oh student have d. whole abt us on d front page create a separate page for that. put up tins that wud attract like recent posts and such. for mobile phones sake do Away with d background. nice name though
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by dpuzo: 7:36pm On May 06, 2013
Totally linkedln. Sha u can try a local version.
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by gozika55l: 12:44am On May 07, 2013
This is a great concept
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by Nov1ce(m): 1:34pm On May 08, 2013
Hey,
I know a team working on the same idea, It's a pretty cool concept but I advise you get something out soon O!
Cause the team I know ehn, once them enter them go scatter market!

Cheers mhan!
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by howardriddle: 2:20am On May 09, 2013
Thanks a lot guys. One big problem is going to be the marketing channels which is very vast.
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by howardriddle: 2:22am On May 09, 2013
hoodboi: I hope this is not d final page. oh student have d. whole abt us on d front page create a separate page for that. put up tins that wud attract like recent posts and such. for mobile phones sake do Away with d background. nice name though

the mobile is a lot different and nicer. if you are on mobile, visit [url=yolpe.com]Here.[/url]
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by howardriddle: 2:23am On May 09, 2013
hoodboi: I hope this is not d final page. oh student have d. whole abt us on d front page create a separate page for that. put up tins that wud attract like recent posts and such. for mobile phones sake do Away with d background. nice name though

the mobile is a lot different and nicer. if you are on mobile, visit [url=yolpe.com]Here.[/url] its really bueatiful nd if excellent design is what sells, i did be a winner by now.

1 Like

Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by dpuzo: 9:43am On May 09, 2013
howardriddle:

the mobile is a lot different and nicer. if you are on mobile, visit [url=yolpe.com]Here.[/url]
I like ur design, since your idea is already taken if you are intrested in working on something new let me know
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by howardriddle: 6:38pm On May 09, 2013
dpuzo:
I like ur design, since your idea is already taken if you are intrested in working on something new let me know

how do you mean already taken?
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by howardriddle: 12:22am On May 12, 2013
anybody
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by hoodboi(m): 1:01am On May 12, 2013
bro dere are a thousand and one ways to adevertise, just google it. try the low budget means first like commenting in blogs, on several forums, url exchange with othr sites, try seo also. u just need strategy
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by dpuzo: 8:23am On May 12, 2013
howardriddle:

how do you mean already taken?
Ur idea already exist, linkedln and maybe jobberman, and it is a larger network besides i dont think people with simple skills and lookin for somethin to do will just come to your site and fill a form you need partners willing to hire people and good ad which will cost you.
I like ur web design if its not a template and i'm lookin for someone to work on somtin wit if u r intrested.
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by UncleJJ(m): 2:58pm On May 13, 2013
howardriddle: anybody

Well, I don't think a programmer should think of ideas, that's the job of an entrepreneur.

And, its the programmers, job to implement and make such ideas a reality.

You need a strong businesses streak to think of apps or projects that will be worthwhile.

Let's assume your a businessman, will you spend a million bucks trying to build another Facebook,fiverr or twitter or spend it building something nobody else has built or built properly.

You need to remember codes are worthless if no one executes them.

To build a succesfull start you need to address a problems, not one in fiction but a problem you experience in daily live and then figure out if people will appreciate such a solution.

Build stuff that will change the lives of humans not because it sounds good on paper but because. It is a solution to a real problem.

With that said,ur idea sucks!
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by lordZOUGA(m): 5:27pm On May 13, 2013
Damn
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by howardriddle: 7:10pm On May 13, 2013
UncleJJ:

With that said,ur idea sucks!

thanks. a aaaaaaaaaa lot for your appraisal
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by dbamiroyahoocom(m): 9:39am On May 14, 2013
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by howardriddle: 6:12pm On May 14, 2013
UncleJJ:

Well, I don't think a programmer should think of ideas, that's the job of an entrepreneur.

And, its the programmers, job to implement and make such ideas a reality.

Seriously? this is the most ridiculous stuff av heard in a long while

2 Likes

Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by howardriddle: 10:18pm On May 16, 2013
hoodboi: bro dere are a thousand and one ways to adevertise, just google it. try the low budget means first like commenting in blogs, on several forums, url exchange with othr sites, try seo also. u just need strategy

you know, this method is so old skool. it used to be great b4 until pple overused and killed it off.
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by hoodboi(m): 4:12pm On May 19, 2013
howardriddle:

you know, this method is so old skool. it used to be great b4 until pple overused and killed it off.

no idea is ever old or overused it depends on how u cn put a new twist to it
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by howardriddle: 12:18am On May 21, 2013
Update:
From idea to partial implementation.
Pls check out The version 1.0 which is open
only to programmers and
developers for now [url=yolpe.com]Here[/url]..

The choice of only programmers is because we can work from anywhere
and we already have skills we know of... lets see how this goes.
[url=yolpe.com]Here it is...[/url]
Re: Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up by howardriddle: 4:05am On May 24, 2013
.... shocked cry lipsrsealed embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Who's Into AWS Solution Architect / How To Choose Best App Development Company? / Embedded Systems And Robotics In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.