Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso (2949 Views)

Why The Kanawa Should Consider Breaking Away From Nigeria. / Amaechi Stole Over N70billion In 2 Weeks. / WIKE Flags Off Operation Zero Potholes With Julius Berger In Port Harcourt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by georgecso(m): 5:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
Kano city’s N70b project takes off

Kano State Governor, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso has flagged off construction work of the abandoned Kano Economic City (KANAWA) project estimated to cost N70billion.
Kwankwaso, who was represented by the Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, NuhuDanburam, expressed optimism that when the multibillion project is completed, it would stimulate the rapid economic development in the state.
He expressed confidence that the project would improve commerce and industry in the state, adding that it would restore the state to its former glory as the commercial nerve centre in the North western part of the country.
During a conducted tour of the premises of the Kanawa project, the site engineers of the five firms undertaking the project, promised to execute the project to an internationally acceptable standard, using modern and up-to date facilities.
Kwankwaso on the occasion promised to contribute to the successful completion of the Kanawa project, just as he expressed the hope that when completed, it would add value to the economic prosperity of the state and lift it to another standard.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/IDIS-Limited/199781050163562

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/kano-citys-n70b-project-takes/

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by MeAboki(m): 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
The best elected governor of Kano State so far, busy transforming the state many times over than almost all his predecessors put together so far, the only exception being the first military governor (late Audu Bako who is considered a legend in the history of modern Kano).

Kwankwaso is surpassing all my expectations, fearless, focused, determined, unshakable in his resolve and always delivering promised results - a real no nonsense man.

Didn't like him at first but have gradually come round to respect and appreciate the tremendous progress he is bringing to the state (and all in just two years in office); its a pity he is on his last term, wouldn't mind voting for him for president should Buhari stand down for him - the guy has proven he is a real achiever and I am truly convinced.

3 Likes

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by geeez: 8:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
Some are developing their states while others are fleeing there to benefit

This is quite laudable coming from Kano

3 Likes

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
Kwakwanso oko Jonathan!

3 Likes

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
Kano state is no mans land, we are the one that developed kano

1 Like

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by cashkid18(m): 9:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
pic or it did nt happen sad sad

1 Like

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by georgecso(m): 12:55pm On Nov 23, 2013
cashkid18: pic or it did nt happen sad sad

more pix coming soon

1 Like

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by georgecso(m): 1:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
contractors mobilizing to site...

1 Like

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by georgecso(m): 1:40pm On Nov 23, 2013
Contracts have just been awarded and construction work is about to commence on the next phase of The Kano Economic City

1 Like

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by georgecso(m): 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
model of the Kano Economic City....

1 Like

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by georgecso(m): 1:48pm On Nov 23, 2013
Model of a Petrol Station and Medium Warehouses

1 Like

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by georgecso(m): 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2013
Large warehouse

1 Like

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2013
Impressive

1 Like

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by basilo101: 8:46pm On Nov 23, 2013
lakhadimar: Kano state is no mans land, we are the one that developed kano
Dia is actually a place called Nomansland in Kano. #jst saying

1 Like

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by cashkid18(m): 9:19pm On Nov 23, 2013
nice move by d gov,i wish every oda northern gov wia lyk him.atleast,we wont hv been hvin d issues of bh in d north

1 Like

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by Kponkwem(m): 11:29pm On Nov 23, 2013
The man is an Arewa fundamentalist. Can go ahead and build Jerusalem on Kano soil, but once the free oil money they are guzzling with their skewed 40LG structure, the whole projects will come crashing.

Btw I hope Ibos will not begin rushing there to invest? 'Cos they will be the people to face selective shop inspections and violence when they begin to prosper there.

1 Like

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by Brimmie(m): 11:52pm On Nov 23, 2013
cashkid18: nice move by d gov,i wish every oda northern gov wia lyk him.atleast,we wont hv been hvin d issues of bh in d north
Who released you boy!? undecided

1 Like

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by cashkid18(m): 6:02am On Nov 24, 2013
Brimmie:
Who released you boy!? undecided
killzsex released me tongue lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by abu12: 7:59am On Nov 24, 2013
Tunbi giwa

1 Like

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by sunstyle(m): 8:30am On Nov 24, 2013
This is news not the other one we used to hear. By the way i v seen land aquired for the project and i ve seen the design online for almost 2years now, wondering when they re gonna start d project.
Op is it same thing as kwakwasoriyah city? I also know that they budgeted 1billion dals for it, has it been reveiwed downward or it is diffrent from d 1 billion dollars proposed new kano city project.

1 Like

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by MeAboki(m): 11:15am On Nov 24, 2013
Kponkwem: The man is an Arewa fundamentalist. Can go ahead and build Jerusalem on Kano soil, but once the free oil money they are guzzling with their skewed 40LG structure, the whole projects will come crashing.

Btw I hope Ibos will not begin rushing there to invest? 'Cos they will be the people to face selective shop inspections and violence when they begin to prosper there.

Kano is among the few states capable of surviving without federal allocation (oil money or not) it is the economic capital of the north and 2nd or 3rd in Nigeria after Lagos.
Unfortunately, your wish is rather belated as hundreds of thousands of Igbos have already discovered the lucrative benefit of living and doing business in Kano, the Sabon Gari district representing a substantial portion of the metropolis is almost 80% Igbo, many of them feeling quite at home that they cannot imagine residing anywhere else in Nigeria - in-spite of all the negativity and exaggeration of the southern dominated biased press.

1 Like

Re: N70billion Kano Economic City (KANAWA) Project Flags Off By Kwankwaso by georgecso(m): 9:52am On Nov 25, 2013
sunstyle: This is news not the other one we used to hear. By the way i v seen land aquired for the project and i ve seen the design online for almost 2years now, wondering when they re gonna start d project.
Op is it same thing as kwakwasoriyah city? I also know that they budgeted 1billion dals for it, has it been reveiwed downward or it is diffrent from d 1 billion dollars proposed new kano city project.

THEY ARE DIFFERENT PROJECTS...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

.. .... .... . . ...! / TB Joshua Prophecy: "A Top Nigerian Shot To Be Killed, Unnamed President Kidnapp / Download Lagos State Development Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.