Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,564 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Between A 2008 Ford Focus And Honda City? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between A 2008 Ford Focus And Honda City? (2793 Views)

Brand New Ford Focus 2014 Transmission Overheating / Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord / Between Honda Accord V-tech And Honda Accord Dx,ex, Lx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between A 2008 Ford Focus And Honda City? by otesy: 10:03pm On Jul 20, 2008
Comparing both cars, which would you say is better in Nigeria, all things considered? Bad roads, mechanics, looks etc
Re: Between A 2008 Ford Focus And Honda City? by Emperoh(m): 7:46am On Jul 22, 2008
How can you compare an American build to Japanese/Asian immitations
The focus is far better of and the City isn't as stong as it is.
I haven't experienced a focus but u can trust the name
Re: Between A 2008 Ford Focus And Honda City? by fotodaddy: 10:19am On Jul 22, 2008
Emperoh:

How can you compare an American build to Japanese/Asian immitations
The focus is far better of and the City isn't as stong as it is.
I haven't experienced a focus but u can trust the name

I concur. smiley
Re: Between A 2008 Ford Focus And Honda City? by gabng(m): 2:05pm On Jul 22, 2008
@otesy

I presume you work with Acess Bank and you want to know which of the cars you want to acquire in relation to yur banks offer.

Bro, Go for the Ford Focus
Re: Between A 2008 Ford Focus And Honda City? by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 23, 2008
Ford Focus ftw. cool
Re: Between A 2008 Ford Focus And Honda City? by Pittbaby(f): 7:34pm On Jul 24, 2008
I am surprised that any one will think that a Ford focus ( American built) will be better than a Honda City ( Japanese built) .

the US auto big three Ford , GM and Chrysler have lost ground to the the Japanese market leaders Honda and Toyota for the pure reason that Japanese cars are more reliable than US cars . Do you know that the average life of a US car is 100,000 miles after which the average economy level car (i.e ford focus) is trash . While the Japanese car will run strong for up to 200,000 miles and still have a higher resale value than the 100K mile US counterpart.

I am not a fan of the Honda City because it is Honda's attempt at entering the new car sales market in the developing world. Please save up for a Honda Civic ( one of the world's most reliable and economical cars) or buy a later model year than you intend to . Trust me you will thank me in a few years when your resale value is higher

food for thot ,
Re: Between A 2008 Ford Focus And Honda City? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 25, 2008
Pittbaby, you may well be right.

But, I'm more into European cars.
Reliability?
Well, my Audi A4 quattro, a '96 model, has just rolled over the 213,000 mile mark.
No mechanical faults, still on the original engine, transmission, clutch and engine.

Only replacements to date are consummables, i.e tyres, brakes and wiper blades.
Re: Between A 2008 Ford Focus And Honda City? by fotodaddy: 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2008
Pittbaby:

I am surprised that any one will think that a Ford focus ( American built) will be better than a Honda City ( Japanese built) .

the US auto big three Ford , GM and Chrysler have lost ground to the the Japanese market leaders Honda and Toyota for the pure reason that Japanese cars are more reliable than US cars . Do you know that the average life of a US car is 100,000 miles after which the average economy level car (i.e ford focus) is trash . While the Japanese car will run strong for up to 200,000 miles and still have a higher resale value than the 100K mile US counterpart.

I am not a fan of the Honda City because it is Honda's attempt at entering the new car sales market in the developing world. Please save up for a Honda Civic ( one of the world's most reliable and economical cars) or buy a later model year than you intend to . Trust me you will thank me in a few years when your resale value is higher

food for thot ,

I am surprised that you are surprised.

While the statistics you've rolled out may be true in the US they certainly do not apply to naija where the car is to be used.

I am not very sure that there are so many people interested in having a reliable engine with unreliable running gear, which is what the asian car manufacturers offer. The European and American manufactureres have something else in mind but really in Naija the first thing to go is the running gear. And the "others" are so much better at that than the asian can makers.
Re: Between A 2008 Ford Focus And Honda City? by Ivvie: 8:09pm On Jul 28, 2008
`

(1) (Reply)

I Need Toyota Corolla Manual (picture) This Type / Advise On This Land Rover Freelander (picture)!!! / Please Can Anyone Share His/her Experience With Jaguar Cars....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.