Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,567 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Best Military Rule Worse Than Any Democracy – Ihejirika - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Military Rule Worse Than Any Democracy – Ihejirika (11585 Views)

2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals / The Worst Civilian Rule Is Better Than The Best Military Dictatorship / Is The Worst Democracy Better Than The Best Military Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Military Rule Worse Than Any Democracy – Ihejirika by austinray: 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2013
Military rule and Democratic rule are two governments that are parallel apart. The two have their advantages and their shortcomings depending on,, the Country where they operate.
Re: Best Military Rule Worse Than Any Democracy – Ihejirika by austinray: 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2013
Military rule and Democratic rule are two governments that are parallel apart. The two have their advantages and their shortcomings depending on the Country where they operate.
Re: Best Military Rule Worse Than Any Democracy – Ihejirika by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hehehe foooolish Nigerians, they can't see that even though GEJ is the head, the military still rules Nigeria. They removed their uniforms, wore agbada, then put puppets in power whom they control, let go crazy once in a while, but let be the fall man to take all the blame.

The military still rules Nigeria.
Re: Best Military Rule Worse Than Any Democracy – Ihejirika by rhames(m): 6:23pm On Nov 23, 2013
Donmams: The chief of army staff (COAS), Lt-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika, yesterday declared that the best military administration anywhere in the world could not be compared to the worst form of democratic rule.

At a public presentation of a book entitled “Democracy in Nigeria and the Induction of National Representatives and State Coordinators of the National Democratic Stakeholders Group (NDSG)”, organised by the NDSG in Abuja, Ihejirika pledged that the military would continue to defend Nigeria against any aggression.

Represented by the chief of civil military affairs, Army Headquarters, Maj-Gen. Mobolaji Koleoso, Ihejirika said that the Nigerian military, realising the importance of democracy in national transformation, would not relent in its effort at entrenching the norm.

“The military has contributed immensely to our democracy. We are doing it and we have cause to realise that the best military government is still not comparable to democracy. We are in support of this and we are ready to defend the territorial integrity of this nation. We are taking our duty very seriously to defend this nation. We are committed to it. What we demand from Nigerians is that we should be well understood; we need information to be able to root out these criminals in our society and we will treat all the information with utmost confidentiality,” he said.

Minister of interior Comrade Abba Moro, who reviewed the book, said it centres on politics, leadership and developmental issues in Nigeria.

The author, Akor Kletsaint, said the book was published to document the essence of Nigeria’s democracy.

Also yesterday, the commander, Presidential Guards Brigade, Brig. Gen. Emmanuel Atewe, attributed the improved security situation in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to the synergy between the command and other security agencies.

Atewe spoke to State House correspondents after decorating four promoted officers of the Guards Brigade with their new rank of lieutenant colonel.

The Presidential Guards Brigade is a special unit of the military charged with the security of the president, the seat of government and its environs.

“We have done our best to carry out our assignments as dictated by the law and of course with the help of other sister agencies. The Guards Brigade cannot carry out the security situation in Abuja all alone and environs. With the assistance of other security agencies, civilians and our friends, we find out that we have been able to do the little we have contributed to the security in Abuja environment,” Atewe said.

He also reminded them of the maxim of zero tolerance for indiscipline and insolence in the Guards Brigade.

Atewe said that, with the new rank of lieutenant colonel, the officers have assumed the role of chief security officer that could be assigned with 700 and more officers and men for any operation.

The promoted officers are Kingsley Inyang (36) from Akwa Ibom, Ahmed Ahmadu (38) from Edo, Chukwuka Akaliho (36) from Abia and Oseni Braimoh (36) also from Edo State.

Source: http://leadership.ng/news/231113/best-military-rule-worse-any-democracy-ihejirika

Ihejirika should also remind himself that some military governments are even better than civilian governments because they have used their position to pull their nations out of poverty to riches. Suharto of Indonesia, Augusto Pinochet of Chile, Gen Lee Of South Korea and even eng Xiaoping of China. The only thing we did not enjoy about the military in Africa is they did not use their positions to pull us out of riches but impoverished their citizens and enriched their pockets.
Re: Best Military Rule Worse Than Any Democracy – Ihejirika by Kei144(m): 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2013
edo3: The era of die hard military is gone. All we av now are bunch of politicians in uniform. May d souls of d likes of major kaduna nzeogwu and others back then continue 2 rest in peace. They were true soldiers who strongly believed in change for d betterment of all. Not ds ones safeguarding ds present days politicians looting us dry. God is watching.

Kaduna Nzeogwu, the undisciplined brat whose clueless coup devastated the Igbos and is still devastating. Clueless Igbo youths think that he was a hero.

As a Biafran baby, as soon as I became old enough to understand the world around me, I got to know that my country (Biafra) was at war with another country, the Awusas (Nigeria). I got to know about refugees, fighter planes, etc. Sound of gunfire was some of the first things I got to know about the world. I learnt some Biafra military songs. That was the way my world began, courtesy of Kaduna Nzeogwu.
Re: Best Military Rule Worse Than Any Democracy – Ihejirika by jomogbomo1: 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2013
Dive-Bomber:
Nigeria is so ethnically divided such dat any Jerry Rawlings style cleansing wuld fail. Any ethnic group dat takes d heaviest casualties wuld shout dat dey were d target of d coup and start a bloody civil war dat wuld make Rwanda a child's play.

My brother no mind this mumu dem wen dey ask for nigerian version Jerry Rawlings . Most Nigerians faik to realize that Nzeogwu was supposed to be our own Jerry rawlings , as matter of fact Jerry actually got inspired by Nzeogwu considering the fact that Nzeogwu was the first military man in W/Africa to embark on the "eradication" of corrupt officials from the system but the corrupt officials realized that the mind of the average Nigerian is full of tribal sentiments and so they began spreading the lie of an ethnic coup carried out by Nzeogwu and his tribesmen (of which we all know the truth) and the rest is history. Isn't funny when Nigerians ask for a "bold and revolutionary" military man like jerry rawlings while overlooking the fact that OUR OWN revolutionary military man came years before Rawlings but we could't recognize him because the scale of tribal hatred made us blind, An ailment we haven't gotten rid of till this day.

1 Like

Re: Best Military Rule Worse Than Any Democracy – Ihejirika by Onlytruth(m): 10:51pm On Nov 23, 2013
jomogbomo1:

My brother no mind this mumu dem wen dey ask for nigerian version Jerry Rawlings . Most Nigerians faik to realize that Nzeogwu was supposed to be our own Jerry rawlings , as matter of fact Jerry actually got inspired by Nzeogwu considering the fact that Nzeogwu was the first military man in W/Africa to embark on the "eradication" of corrupt officials from the system but the corrupt officials realized that the mind of the average Nigerian is full of tribal sentiments and so they began spreading the lie of an ethnic coup carried out by Nzeogwu and his tribesmen (of which we all know the truth) and the rest is history. Isn't funny when Nigerians ask for a "bold and revolutionary" military man like jerry rawlings while overlooking the fact that OUR OWN revolutionary military man came years before Rawlings but we could't recognize him because the scale of tribal hatred made us blind, An ailment we haven't gotten rid of till this day.

Well said. Thanks.

Truth remains that Nigeria can NEVER have a succeessful revolution. We are NOT one.
Revolutions only happen where people see themselves as same.

Ihejirika spoke the gospel truth. Kudos to him.

1 Like

Re: Best Military Rule Worse Than Any Democracy – Ihejirika by ceejay4real(m): 11:37pm On Nov 23, 2013
Kei144:

Kaduna Nzeogwu, the undisciplined brat whose clueless coup devastated the Igbos and is still devastating. Clueless Igbo youths think that he was a hero.

As a Biafran baby, as soon as I became old enough to understand the world around me, I got to know that my country (Biafra) was at war with another country, the Awusas (Nigeria). I got to know about refugees, fighter planes, etc. Sound of gunfire was some of the first things I got to know about the world. I learnt some Biafra military songs. That was the way my world began, courtesy of Kaduna Nzeogwu.
Nzeogwu remains the most patriotic Officer of his generation. The Civil war was bound 2 happen wt or wtout his coup. The truth is dat Nigeria was a time bomb after independence waiting 2 explode at the flimsiest stimulation! Was Nzeogwu there when the 1951 Kano riots against southerners happened? Or was Nzeogwu d one who asked d Tafawa Balewa/Ahmadu Bello NPC regime 2 jail Awolowo, infiltrate d Army wt Northerners, leak promotion exams in d Armed Forces in 1963/1965, falsify d 1963 Census figures or rig d 1965 federal & western regional elections plus oda numerous atrocities of dat era? In fact, Nzeogwu and his men saw all these and struck 2 come in & stem d tide in order 2 put Nigeria on d path 2 greatness but unfortunately they didnt succeed. So ma broda pls do some more research on Nigeria's political evolution and stop blaming Nzeogwu 4 d Igbos' political woes as it were. The drums of war/hatred had been sounding 4 a long time 4 our Northern brodas just dat our Southern leaders then chief among them, Nnamdi Azikiwe preferred 2 pretend as if nothing was amiss! The rest as they say, is history. So free Nzeogwu abeg, let his impeccable & legendary soul rest in peace! God bless C. K. Nzeogwu d Great! He lives on..... In d hearts of all true patriots of our great country!!!!
Re: Best Military Rule Worse Than Any Democracy – Ihejirika by lagcity(m): 7:52am On Nov 24, 2013
Ihejirika, don't make me slap u o. Have you ever heard of Thomas Sankara?
Re: Best Military Rule Worse Than Any Democracy – Ihejirika by donodion(m): 8:40am On Nov 24, 2013
1025: ihejirika is talking as a politician that he is and not as the military he pretends to be. he has been initiated into the stealing cabal and as such can only talk from their voices.
such statement can be applicable to any other country EXCEPT nigeria. we need serious minded and well disciplined military men(not political soldiers like ihejirika) to come in and sanitize this jungle like Jerry Rawlings did in ghana. when a real military man speaks, it comes with fire and not romantic words of military civilians like the speaker here.

And i say a big A-M-E-N to that. God bless you cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Best Military Rule Worse Than Any Democracy – Ihejirika by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 24, 2013
cool
Re: Best Military Rule Worse Than Any Democracy – Ihejirika by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 24, 2013
cool
Re: Best Military Rule Worse Than Any Democracy – Ihejirika by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 24, 2013
cool
Re: Best Military Rule Worse Than Any Democracy – Ihejirika by billyG(m): 2:13pm On Nov 24, 2013
We hav been experiecing d "Best" Democracy rule,let us also enjoy these "worst" military rule,Those fowl-hearted mil.officer always says what benefit them & dia pot-belly.
Re: Best Military Rule Worse Than Any Democracy – Ihejirika by Boyooosa(m): 8:57am On Nov 25, 2013
Countless of such misleading statements have been made by his predecessors and still hijack the process and rule for 'Only God knows' numbers of years. In fact in most cases this pre empts their action... I hope there is no fire on the mountain sha> lipsrsealed Dat na d reason we de advise dis 'Hamathan' make him do wetin he wan do b4 another LONG TIN go happen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Oldest Monarchs In The World / 200 Achievement Of Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. / Dapo Abiodun: Ijebu Ode-Epe Road To Be Completed Very Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.